LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need a little advice

Hey friends!

So I'm kind of prepping myself for my first messing experience. Ive been a bit curious about it for a while, but I have a couple questions first before diving in.

One is, does anyone have a favorite diaper specifically for messing? Mostly I'm wondering if just because a diaper works for wetting, will that mean it should work the same for messing?

Next question. I'm on a prescription for some physical issues, and one of the main side effects is it makes me constipated. So I poop like every three or four days, regardless of how much fiber I eat. Bad, I know. So does anyone know of any tips to be more regulated, aside from taking laxatives and having it burn?

Last question. I remember reading somewhere that you can take a suppliment or something to help it not smell so bad, but can't for the life of me find where I read it. Any ideas on what that could be?

Thanks very much in advance for any input! :)

Hi! Glad to hear you're taking the plunge :-)

First things first: not all laxatives have to burn. There are three types and you've covered two of them-- the bulk laxatives and the irritants-- and then there's the kind that draw water into the colon. The most effective I've found for those is Epsom salts. You mix a few teaspoons with about a pint of water and then drink it and wait. The salts keep the water bound instead of allowing the water to be absorbed into your body (and the salts aren't either) so what you get is a pint of water that goes straight through your digestive tract, pushing everything down and out. There's no associated pain, and they're also cheap and safe, by which I mean they're safe for occasional relief of constipation (i.e: you should try to have two natural BMs inbetween each dose or you risk developing a reliance on them). The first downside is that things tend to be more watery, but by the way you describe your fiber regime, that might be a non-issue. The second downside is that Epsom salted water is not tasty at all. Some people add lemon to make it more palatable, but if you start with warm water and you drink it REALLY FAST, you'll trigger the stomach to begin the dumping process and you won't have to suffer through sips.

Hope that helps!

I would add that there are other helpful items that work well, and don't add that chemical burn as you indicated, typical of the irritant laxatives.  

My doc prescribed the use of a glycerin type overnight laxative, like metamucil.   It holds water as well in the bowel as well as adding fiber.  Additionally if I am really constipated, a glycerin suppository works quite well without the severe cramping the typical dulcolax type of suppository creates.  For me it takes a bit longer to work, but the impact is a natural feel or want to expel as opposed to the forced need that other  laxatives create.

Hope this helps, as I know how uncomfortable constipation can be!

You can get Charcoal tablets and Nullo tablets that are supposed to cut the smell, but they take at least 2 weeks before they start working.  I have never used them myself, this information is what I have read over the years from people who have used them.  the Nullo supposedly works better than the charcoal tablets and if you use charcoal, you have to take a lot of them for them to work.  Nullo also turns your poop green from what I have been told and when I have checked them out on line, they seem expensive.  Unfortunatly, when there is a need like odor control and people have to have it, companies take advantage to get as much money as they can from their products.

I have bought Prevail diapers from the local thrift stores and while they are store brand type in quality, they advertise a "fecal containment area" as part of their diaper.  I call it a "poop pouch" because the lower rear of the diaper has a built in outward pocket that is supposed to give the diaper room for a "load" back there.  I've never dropped a load in my diaper to find out how well it works but those Prevail diapers definatly have that built in extra room where you would need it if pooping your diaper.