LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

There are no DL websites

If a majority of this genre are Diaper Lovers (see poll on the front of the website) why is it that every site on the internet is focused towards Adult Babies? There is not one site dedicated towards the DL lifestyle. Even when you go to a sites like FetLife or DailyDiapers it is overwhelmingly about the AB life. 

What gives? Are most claiming to be DLs really ABs? 

Well, it is not a majority but a plurality. but you do point out something. There is becoming a separation of DL and what could be, and was, grouped loosely under AB. and is itself separating out as things like "Little"s, Toddlers, etc

One of the things I think is involved is that the AB side of things has other items that ggo with diapers and generate a narrative or "story", DL, much of which could come under a kind of AB since many DL's have a "play age" other than their real one and say that the attraction began when their age was in single digits, has no narrative, or more correctly, the Diaper IS the "story"

Yet another thing is the claim that "fetish" is sexual. When most of these were formed. that part of the brain had not yet developed or gone "online" nor and the hormonal system that goes with it gone "up on drive". The only aspect that could be thought of as functional are the organs, and all they are in that regard is a site for a dense bundle of neurons that lead to parts of the brain that register the input from them and send it elsewhere. I would wager that the neuro-transmitter in that part of the brain is dopamine, which is the neuro-transmitter associated with the reward-based systems, i.e. it is "happy juice". If you had a complete neuronal "homunculus" you would fine that the hands, face and sex organs would be inordinately large, showing that they are densely ennervated. I have seen some in physiological and sensory psych textbooks

Prior to DPF, the concept of DL was almost unheard of and both in the community and in the culture at large, diapers were tied to baby/little. What I have seen a number of that I find far in excess of how I understood our world is the number of Sissies that are within 20 years of my age. I kind of think that is an import form BDSM/FemDom rather than primarily AB/DL since there is something there that does not compute in our terms, as exemplified in the 3 or 4 separate "What Is  a Sissy?" threads

You might have a point, to my memory I’ve rarely seen a singular site for just AB or just DL.

Although I can’t say it’s ever been something I’ve ever had a problem with, somehow it seems logical with both interconnecting so much to have a sort of mash up of both.

I wonder if there are other “fetish groups” that sort of glue two fetishes into one?

52 minutes ago, Alvin Seville said:

You might have a point, to my memory I’ve rarely seen a singular site for just AB or just DL.

Although I can’t say it’s ever been something I’ve ever had a problem with, somehow it seems logical with both interconnecting so much to have a sort of mash up of both.

I wonder if there are other “fetish groups” that sort of glue two fetishes into one?

In the previous decade there were plenty of AB sites, probably well over a hundred, Both DPF and ByteMINe, Home of Wetville used to have links that could also be used to rate the sites and they were mostly AB (which included "little" and "little girl")

Actually, the two are starting to pull apart. they were much closer 25 years ago, since there is much more to the AB fetish than just diapers and since diapers ARE the DL fetish, AB has more places to go with a larger narrative. For instance where DL says "diaper covers", we say "rubber panties". Part of our primary narrative includes binkies, ba-ba, blankies, stuffies, Dolly, clothes, toys, etc. These may be part of an individual DL's story, but only secondary. DL's may also be bound to AB since in the overwhilming number of cases the attraction appeared before the age of 10 and often under 6 years old and the great bulk of DL's have a play age

• Like 1

I think it really just depends on what forums and threads you visit.  I know for me, I've never really gone into the AB forum here because that's something I'm not really interested in.  And, if there isn't a forum/thread on a particular sitr that interests you, you could always request/post one that does.

• Like 1

Since there is cross interest between just DL and also AB, it makes sense that a site would get as many like people together or appeal to as many variations of a fetish, especially when a site owner may have to exist on donations to keep the site up and running.  On this site there are lots of what I might call cross interests posting on a single topic.  There might be a reply from a DL, then another one from an Adult baby, one from a sissy and yet another one from someone who is incontinent.  This shows me that all branches of the diaper community can have an interest in the same topic.  While it's true that I am a DL and not at all into AB stuff, I find most of the general topics interesting.  I do stay away from a lot of sub forums such as sissy, baby talk, adult kids, mommy and daddy, furries, rollplay, stories (just not into diaper stories), and others.  This site makes it easy to navigate through what interests me and what doesn't.  Look at it this way.  You go to the movies and the Cinema has 10 different movies playing.  You chose to see Star Wars instead of My Little Pony because you have no interest in the latter.  The thing is, you choose to see the one movie in the building that interests you even though you have been given 10 choices.  If the only movie plying was "My Little Pony" you wouldn't stop at all and the theater owner would lose your business.  Rather than limiting his customers and profits to one group of movie gowers, the theater owner has increased his business by having multiple choices appealing to a wide group of movie gowers giving them choices in what type of movie they like to watch.  Just because one of the movies showing is My Little Pony doesn't mean you have to buy a ticket for it and watch it.  You can walk right past that particular movie to the one you are interested in seeing instead.  Same as a site like this that gives people different choices on what part of the diaper fetish they choose to enjoy without limiting it to only one choice.

'diaper attraction', which is what ABDL is about, is a three-way split between diaper fetish, baby regression and role play all in individual ratios. In my research Ive asked many who claim to be purely DL and the vast majority when questioned admit to a baby aspect as well. I dont think it is unfair to say that the vast majority of diaper fetishists are also adult babies hence the lack of existence of DL-only sites.

While controversial to say, it may in fact be true that DL does not exist on its own and AB regression is the fundamental core of diaper attraction and then manifests itself in the three afore-mentioned categories.  I am sure many would disagree, but the hundreds of AB sites and the almost absence of DL-only sites acts only as support for this belief.

6 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

'diaper attraction', which is what ABDL is about, is a three-way split between diaper fetish, baby regression and role play all in individual ratios. In my research Ive asked many who claim to be purely DL and the vast majority when questioned admit to a baby aspect as well. I dont think it is unfair to say that the vast majority of diaper fetishists are also adult babies hence the lack of existence of DL-only sites.

While controversial to say, it may in fact be true that DL does not exist on its own and AB regression is the fundamental core of diaper attraction and then manifests itself in the three afore-mentioned categories.  I am sure many would disagree, but the hundreds of AB sites and the almost absence of DL-only sites acts only as support for this belief.

We do have a few here who claim to be DL only and whose profiles show either no "play age" at all or indicate that their play age is the same as their real age. But by and large, a play age in the songe digits is there

It also seems that the DL narrative is about 1.discussion of the minor, or miniscule, differences of one of the paper diapers or the other. 2.Wetting for its own sake and soaking the diaper beyond reason. 3. Wearing in public and 4. 24/7. The AB/Little narrative can have many more aspects, pacifiers, clothes (other than onesies (which are part of the DL for practical reasons), toys, bottles, etc with the diapers being one topic of the story. As a subset, I understand that LG's discuss the specific accoutrements; dolls, tea sets, clothes,  more than boys do theirs, or at least used to. Also, we have Fairy. At any rate there is just more to the AB/little narrative. The pure LG sites like GirlTalk To. often show disdain for diapers and Sissy, with many members splitting of their AB selves from the LG. In hearlier times, diapers were part of the lives of many little girls for a number of reasons, even up to the age of 9 as for long trips and for not being bladder trained as strictly as boys. In the 1950 and even into the 60's I knew a good number of 5-7  year old girls whe were in diapers a good deal of the time. Also they were part of playing with dolls

Sissies tell a different tale. Mostly about being abused in some way with the accoutrements of female as part of that. Also they saem to have a problem defining themselves in our terms, as shown by the fact that there are at least 3 "What Is a Sissy?" threads, which led me to believe that it's origin and main impetus are elsewhere The little girl treatment is part of that abuse whereas for an LG, there is nothing demeaning about being a girl. We have all the pretty, cute and attractive things. Dolls; expecially bride dolls, dresses, tiaras (wherever I went in the LG and TG community I brought the tiara fancy and it would spread like wildfire). Princess, seems more part of Sissy for some reason. We would never have slut or SPH. That is not to say that we do not have some humiliation but that is a grownup-little thing and mimics real life. The abuse in BDSM/FemDom/Sissy appears to be nearly a central theme. and a male LG would not be demeaned because he "can't satisfy a woman". That issue would never come up and he might often be complimented for showing some respect to her by not demeaning her for being feminine, since that would be a positive value to him

I think it's kind of a spectrum.  DLs are on one end (only liking diapers for the most part), littles are in the middle (liking diapers (sometimes), little clothes, roleplay, toys, etc), and ABs are on the other end (liking diapers, toys, pacis, bottles, certain clothes, etc).  None are any better or worse than any others, but since ABs have the most attributes, a site tailored to ABs could also include Littles' and DLs' interests as well.  That way the site can be as inclusive as possible for everyone.

20 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

I think it's kind of a spectrum.  DLs are on one end (only liking diapers for the most part), littles are in the middle (liking diapers (sometimes), little clothes, roleplay, toys, etc), and ABs are on the other end (liking diapers, toys, pacis, bottles, certain clothes, etc).  None are any better or worse than any others, but since ABs have the most attributes, a site tailored to ABs could also include Littles' and DLs' interests as well.  That way the site can be as inclusive as possible for everyone.

You are quite correct. it is a spectrum where most are AB.

I think the three are different in kind. If there is a "spectrum", the relevant dimension is one of sophistication. For the DL, from what I see, the diaper is the story. For the AB, the diaper is a major PART of the story, but with other parts as well that are self-supportingly independent of the diaper. For the Little, the narrative is very rich with multiple facets and things, of which the diaer is, again, a major one. Look at the early threads in the Little Girls' Playhouse and the Little Boys' Tree Fort. One interesting and a bit strange thing is that, while there is more variety to boys' activity in the real world, the girls are more talkative and expressive of their things here. Any of these could be the center of some part of the story. Some of my early blog entries about specific girl thing may be fully intact. Also look at the top row of pictures on my signature image