LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sophie knows. The email address I originally signed on with is defunct and they insist on verifying my account by email. I finally got through to someone there but it's been over a week since I last heard from him.

Arrggghh!

22.)

She got up from her place next to Bridget just as I came back into the room.  I felt a lot better now, powdered and dry.  Trudie went back to reading.

Well that was ominous! I wanted to ask Kori more, I wanted to ask her how she could talk so well, how she was just in a diaper like my sister but she seemed so different, I wanted to ask her about Soren, but I didn't get the chance. My sister... er... or whatever she was, sat down next to me, and I forced a smile. "How old am I, Ria...?"

"Eight." I said, without skipping a beat.  She was asking.  That was amazing!  She was getting so much better!  Yesterday was so hard, and today was so easy.  Everything was finally falling into place. "I'm five!  Gonna be six soon I think.  I dunno the date..." I counted on my fingers.  I always felt little now.  In my world, the two of us, Bridget and me, and Soren... we were all children.  Of course we were.  Obviously!

"Is that why you wear diapers and I don't?" My tone was soft, non accusatory, curious if anything. I feel better after the pie, but only better in the context of dulled out more than satisfied. Something was wrong here. We weren't supposed to be here. We were...  I frowned. "Where do we live? I dreamed you got a pony, do we live on a farm...?" Maybe I was searching for clarity. Maybe I was searching for a piece of the puzzle to fall apart.

I felt a blush on my cheeks at the mention of the diapers.  Jeeze... "I... w-well... we don't live on a farm.  But Momma and Daddy have some space at the farm down the road, so..." I played with my fingers in my lap.  I remembered my pony, Teacup.  Oh gosh, I just wanted to get home as soon as I could...

"Uhhuh..." She had answers for everything, she didn't skip a beat, she didn't have to think about it; the words just came. Had they done that to her? Were they doing that to me? "I thought we were here because you were sick, but that lady said I was the problem. Am I sick?" I could still feel the wetness in my socks when we came downstairs to this place, when we walked through the basement flooded with disgusting water. I remembered, vividly, Ria not being my sister, but a girl I was friends with and a girl that longed for my attention and affection. How she didn't even want to come here...

"...I was sick.  And... you got sick.  I mean..." I played with my fingers.  I didn't know how to explain it. "We play make believe all the time, where we're grown ups and we kiss and..." My cheeks went pink. "W-well, you wanted to play and you're my big sister so I played, and I started believing it, and..." I didn't want to talk about this anymore.  I faked a smile.  That world wasn't real.  Right? "Let's go read a story with Trudie."

"Okay..." Make believe where we'd kiss...? Sisters didn't kiss, though. If we were sisters, and I was her older sister, then was I abusing her? Was that what I was? I followed her, my feet fell to the floor faster than I was used to and the table seemed bigger. She held my hand, smaller than I was; the library bigger. And we went and sat with the librarian, who was reading a story about an explorer in Africa. I wanted not to listen, I wanted to be bored of the small words and simple ideas. Ria cuddled up to my side, though, and held my hand, and adjusted her diaper with her legs splayed apart, like she didn't even care. This wasn't right...

It was the middle of the night.  Ria was asleep on the top bunk when the door opened.  A shadow cast across the floor, but it didn't make a noise.  A hand went over Bridget's mouth, waking her with a start, and holding her down and quiet while her eyes adjusted to the darkness.  Soren stood over her with tears in her eyes, trembling.  She put her finger to her lips. "Please, please, please don't scream, please..."

I was in a strange bed, feeling strange, dreaming of a world I no longer knew. Being woke up by a girl putting her hand on my mouth and asking me not to scream wasn't a good way to get me to not scream, but I managed a very very slowly nod when I saw that she was crying. Soren lies. That's what Kori had said. But she was upset, so I wasn't going to turn her away. I whispered, softly. "What is it, Soren...? It's late.."

"You have to help me... you have to get me out." Tears dripped down her chin.  She was whispering, careful not to wake Ria.  She couldn't stop trembling. "They're doing it to you too... what they did to Ria and me, and... and I can't fight anymore and I don't know what to do.  I don't know how to win... and you... you were so close to escaping, and I..." Her chest ached.  She had to keep quiet... if they found her... "Please... I wanna go back... I wanna go back to school, to our university, to my old life..."

Our. Our old life. Our university. It couldn't be coincidence, and if Soren believed it then I couldn't doubt it anymore; this wasn't real! I fucking knew this wasn't real! I bit my lip and tried not to yell out to wake up my sister as I hissed under my breath. "I knew it... I knew it I knew it... you came down to the basement just like we did, didn't you? You were exploring just like we were, weren't you? Down the stairs, through the water and then trapped in here..."

She nodded her head, tears still dripping down her cheeks. "I didn't mean to find this place, I just... didn't have anywhere to live and I thought this hospital might have an empty bed, I didn't... I didn't know.  And they... they've done such terrible things to me.  And I am stuck in these diapers now, and..." She couldn't stop crying.  Bridget pulled her into a hug. "I can't fight... I can't do anything..."

"Hey shh, shh, we can't wake up Ria... she believes all this is real, she thinks we're actually little kids..." I felt my chest tighten at that idea, that I'd come so close to believing a lie. No wonder my sister had fallen so hard for it; it was so hard to tell the truth once we were in here. "She keeps showing up with bandages on her head, they're changing her, operating on her brain I think. Did they do that to you, too? Don't worry, once we're out of here we'll get you to a real doctor." The question was: how did we get out of here...

"I want you to be safe... I want Ria to be safe... I remember the times before.  When we had class together.  I knew we weren't really friends, but... but..." She buried her head in Bridget's stomach, crying into her top. "Please don't let them do this to me... please help... please help me..." "I will, I'll help." But what about Ria?  What about the orderlies, or Trudie, or the doctor woman or the doctor man?  What were they supposed to do?

When my own sister — ugh, my own friend — wouldn't even believe me, it was nice to have an ally, someone who knew the truth, even if the truth itself wasn't enough to set us free. It was a start, though. I just couldn't stop thinking about what Kori had said, though... about Soren lying. What purpose did she have to lie to me, though? She just wanted to be out of here as much as I did, as much as we did! "We have to tell Ria we're going to like, play or something. She won't believe us if we tell her the truth..."

Soren nodded her head, her eyes still red and wet.  But the hope of getting out of here, getting out of these diapers, out of this horrible place that kept making her more and more unlike who she was... she knew they could do this.  They could escape, the three of them.  Soren rubbed her eyes and got up from the bed, shivering in place. "We will talk more tomorrow..." But before she left the room, she hesitated.  She waited by the door, and turned back to Bridget. "If Kori says anything to you... don't listen.  She's on their side..."

So was Ria, to be truthful, but that didn't mean I couldn't trust her, did it? I was so confused by everything, I wanted to follow her, to get out of here now. To get up, to leave. But Ria shuffled down from the top bunk, half asleep, like a zombie, and crawled into bed with me, cuddling up against my very flat chest and continuing to sleep as though she hadn't moved at all. She was so cute. At least until morning, I was stuck here.

Hi everyone!  Thanks for the comments and stuff! ^_^  I'm a little nervous to end Nightmare Asylum because I don't have anything else ready to start posting. :crybaby:  But nonetheless, you've all been so patient and kind and I'm going to try to put a few more chapters up today!

On another note, we added Discord to our Patreon and reworded the reward tiers.  So please consider supporting us!!  Or give our URL to a pervy rich friend. :lol: 

Aha! Why didn't I see it before? If Bridget & Ria really were sisters & their adult life wasn't real, then how does Soren remember them? How do they remember her? It really is all just an illusion! You hear that, Trudie and... Doctor-person? You can't pull the wool over MY eyes any longer! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

....................... Man, what is it about this story that pulls me so deep into the rabbit hole? Sophie, you better finish this story soon before a have a mental breakdown. It would be rather embarrassing for my parents to come home & find me huddled in a closet, rocking back and forth & mumbling "it's not real, it's not real!"

23.)

I woke up wet.  I always woke up wet nowadays.  But this was the first time in a long time I woke up next to my sister, cuddled up to her chest.  She was only eight years old and I was only five.  Without the constant need to play her games, all that fantasy vanished.  This was just the way it was.  But to wake up wet on top of her like this... well that was embarrassing.  I scrambled off her and fell to the floor.  Ow... "G-good morning."

I peered over the edge of the bed at my sister on the floor. Friend. On the floor. Her diaper visible, thick and cloth and yellowed, and I couldn't help but smile. She was so cute. Maybe she could stay in diapers when we got out of here? I mean she needed them, right? They were just a part of who Ria Hemmingslee was, so who was I to just or argue. "Sleep well? I can change you if you want." I didn't know why I offered. Maybe because I'd done it loads of times before. I mean I hadn't. But I remembered doing it, so might as well, right?

I looked up at her with embarrassment and scrambled to my feet. "I... n-no, I mean... Trudie can... it's okay..." I felt stupid that she'd even offered.  But she used to all the time.  It was normal.  Not normal.  She'd tease me sometimes.  But she loved me.  She had always loved me... "I mean... if Trudie says it's okay..."

"Trudie won't mind." And Trudie might give me some more of the pie that quelled my doubts, and I didn't want that right now. I needed to stay sharp. Kori was on their side. Soren wanted to escape. "Let me change you okay? I'm your sister, right?" Maybe I wanted to see if she'd bawk at that, resist and struggle with the logic I presented. To her, though, I was her sister. There was no arguing that.

She took me by the hand and led me down the hall to the library.  My cheeks were crimson when we walked into the room.  Soren looked up at us.  Kori looked up from her book.  Trudie came up to me with a smile, clearly ready to change me, but I shook my head and pointed awkwardly at Bridget.  Trudie's black eyes looked at us curiously.

"I'm her sister, I change her all the time at home, and I figured... if I changed her here, then that would help me to remember who I am?" I gave them what they wanted. I gave them admission that I'd agree with them. And in doing so, I kept some of the power in my own hands. "Very well, you can use the room off the hall, there's a changing table there. But please be careful with the pins, and bring her back here for me to check on when you're done."

My sister led me down the hall where our bedroom was, into a different room.  I was well-acquainted with this room.  How long had I been here?  Two weeks?  A month?  I didn't know... but even when I was helped up onto the changing table, it looked like it was hard for my big sister to reach me.  After all, she was only eight, right?  But she seemed to tower over me just fine.  Huh... I didn't understand.  Oh.  She got a foot stool, obviously.

It didn’t make sense to me that I knew what I was doing, but I did. I'd never even seen a cloth diaper in my life, but I knew what to do.  I knew about the folds, I knew to oil her and powder her, I knew how to clean her with the cloth in the bucket adjacent, and I knew how to pin her back into a new diaper. Things I shouldn't have known, but things that I did. How had they put knowledge into my head like that? It made me dizzy to think about. Ria sucked her thumb the entire time, though, obvious to my unexpected proficiency.

She helped me up off the changing table and I held her hand, sucking on my thumb.  This was how it had always been.  This was how it would always be, right?  We went back into the library and Trudie checked my diaper.  My cheeks were on fire as the other girls watched, even though Kori and Soren both wore diapers of their own. "It's fine," I mumbled, trying to hold my nightgown down.  Trudie sighed and nodded. "It'll do."

It would do? I had puffy cheeks at that, because I did an excellent job. I didn't know how I did an excellent job, but clearly they had been messing with my head the way they'd messed with my sis... friend. But they wouldn't be messing with me anymore,  or messing with her. We were getting out of here and then we'd be back to normal: adults. Well adjusted adults in college, and this place would just be a memory. I looked across the library at Soren and waved at her, but she quickly looked away like she didn't see me. What a brat! "We should see if they'll let us play outside, Ria. I bet if we're good they will." I knew they couldn't, though, because outside didn't fucking exist here.

Soren and Kori both noticed the wave.  Neither of them said anything.  Not yet. "Outside?  Like a courtyard?" I bounced on my heels.  To Bridget, I was taller than her, but to me, we were almost the same size. "Yeah I wanna go outside!" "When you're feeling better," Trudie said, patting the top of my head. "But I aaaaaam feeling better!" "Come on, let's read a story together." Kori got up from her alcove and joined us for story time.  Books were her thing.  She would read them on her own all the time.  I wondered what it was like to be able to read.

I didn't really like stories, because I had enough trouble putting together in my head what was real and what wasn't without the introduction of another narrative to muddy the waters. But it did give me time to think about what we were going to do. They'd done something to her brain, something with the bandages, messed with her and broken her, and now Ria thought and felt like she belonged here in this cursed and haunted place. It was on me to save her, it was on me to get us all out of here. Only I could do it. Trudie had two pills in her hand that she held out to me, and I steadfastly shook my head in refusal.  But out of the corner of my eye I saw Ria happily taking hers. "I wanna go outside,” I reaffirmed.

"When you're better," Trudie said simply.  I took my pills but my sister refused hers.  I pouted.  When Trudie walked away, she put the little cup of pills on the counter in case Bridget changed her mind.  I sat quietly as Kori and Soren left to do their own thing. "You should take them... they help a lot.  Everything makes a lot more sense now."

"I don't need them, I'm not sick. This is a haunted basement in an abandoned hospital that we got trapped in, and it's not real." I kept my voice low and put hand to her cheek. "I'm gonna get you outta here, you'll see. And then you'll thank me." I stood up and wandered away from her, going to paw over books in the far corner on my own. I hoped Soren would follow.

Things were very tense.  Everything felt prickly and nobody wanted to play with me.  Soren was building blocks.  Kori was reading.  My sister was looking on the shelves.  Trudie was organizing stuff.  So I sat and pretended like I knew how to read, in the middle of the library.  Why was everybody so mean today?  But when Trudie left the room, Soren got up where she was standing and went over to Bridget.  Kori and I both watched her.  What was going on?

24.)

"She keeps taking those pills and is more and more convinced that she belongs here, that we belong here." I spoke softly, using the open spine of a book to cover my mouth from any prying eyes, and used tones so soft Soren had to be standing extra close to hear what I was saying. Needless to say, I was on edge.

"They're bad pills... they make you think things they want you to think." Soren looked scared, turning back toward the door.  But Trudie wasn't around.  Fear was obvious in her body language.  She was on edge too. "I take them sometimes... when I can't fight and..." Her eyes welled up with tears. "J-just don't take them, okay?  No matter what..."

"I'm not going to take pills given to me by some fucking ghost with pitch black eyes in a hallucination hellscape." I rolled my eyes and tried to keep my breath steady. "What's your plan for getting out of here? Or what can you tell me? I'm not going to have me or my sister end up like that other girl Kori; I was locked in a room with her and a shitty diaper for like hours my first day here. She's disgusting."

"They did that to her," Soren said softly, looking back at Kori.  Kori was watching them. "She misbehaved..." But that wasn't important right now.  Soren had to focus.  Before Trudie got back. "Trudie has a key.  She keeps it in her dress pocket, on the right.  That's the only way out.  But Trudie isn't the one you gotta be afraid of."

"I'm not afraid of any of them." I said, not entirely believing what I was saying but forcing it anyway. “They're done fucking with us. I'm going to tackle Trudie when she gets back and when I have her pinned, you take the key out of her pocket, then we get my sister and run, okay? This has gone on long enough."

"You can't overpower her." Soren bit her lip and played with her fingers in front of her. "They're so strong... they just... shrug it off.  They look at you with those scary dark eyes, and..." Those dark eyes.  Soren's were so dark already.  Even Ria's had lost so much color.  Soren couldn't think about that right now. "Don't try to take her on.  She'll win." "Then what am I supposed to do!" "Shh!" Soren looked around again.  Kori kept watching them.  Soren was beginning to get uncomfortable with this conversation...

"She must sleep sometime, right?" Yes, but probably the times we were locked in our rooms for the night.  This so called hospital was just a glorified prison. "Or what about when they leave to go to the store or something, maybe we can sneak out then?" "Hi." Kori had joined us and looked at me, critically, accusatorially, and tugged on Soren's arm. "Come read." No, don't do that! I needed help planning my escape!!

It didn't matter.  Trudie came back in a minute later.  Plans were not laid.  Nothing was accomplished.  And Bridget didn't even get more information on what the real threat was.  If it wasn't Trudie... "Sis?" "Mm.." She didn't like when I called her that.  She still didn't remember.  I pouted and kicked my feet. "Can you read me this book please?" I remembered how she'd read to me.  She was eight.  I was only five.

"Of course I can." She could, too, and I hated to think that they'd convinced her she couldn't. I opened the book and instinctively put my finger under the words as I read them, stumbling here and there because obviously I was never good at reading out loud, who even was?! But I could read just fine, because I wasn't a kid. I didn't have my thumb in my mouth like my best friend did…

"You have a session today, Bridget," Trudie told her when we were only halfway through the book.  Bridget had never had a session before.  This was her first.  Soren immediately climbed to her feet, but she seemed frozen in place.  Kori eyed her harshly.  Things were tense again... "Please come with me." Trudie put out her hand.

"I don't want to." I said, nonchalantly, pointing to the book in my lap. “I’m reading right now, so maybe you could like, fuck off and come back later?" I was in full-on sass mode right now, and that got my cheek slapped harder than I thought I'd ever been slapped. And then, beyond that, something else happened that I couldn't have predicted: she forced something large and soft into my mouth, holding my cheeks with one hand firmly until I realized with horror what it was: it was soap!

Trudie was not a dumb woman.  She had expected this.  She pulled Bridget to her feet and held the bar of soap in her mouth, and it was made very clear very quickly that Soren hadn't been lying.  These people had phenomenal strength, and they would not be denied. "Young ladies do not swear, do you understand me?  Where did you hear terrible words like that?  Certainly your parents know better."

I tried to speak, I tried to spit out the soap, I tried to say or do anything to get the taste of disgusting bubbles out of my mouth, but she held my hands so easily and prevented me from even trying. What was worse: she pulled me down over her lap right there, right in front of my sister and my friends, and began to spank my behind with her strong open hand. This couldn't be happening!

The bar of soap spilled onto the floor, but it had done its job.  Her tongue was well and truly coated with the suds and she'd taste nothing but soap for hours.  Trudie held her down on her lower back, over her lap, and tugged down the seat of her hospital-issued pants, delivering spanking after spanking to her bare backside. "You will not use words like that again, do you understand me young lady?  And certainly not in front of your sister."

When people talked about spankings, it was never ever clear enough how exhausting the whole experience was, how belittling, how diminishing and humiliating. By the end of it, I was nodding my head in agreement, trying to mumble and sputter through my sudsy mouth, willing to tell her just about anything to make her stop. Trudie was worse than any amount of bad words I could ever hope to muster, but worse still was the way my sister looked at me in... disappointment.

When all was said and done, Bridget was placed back on her feet and her pants pulled up over her butt.  But Ria had already gone back to pretending to read.  She wanted nothing to do with her sister.  Trudie took Bridget's hand and led her out of the room, down the hallway. "I don't like treating you like such a little girl, Bridget.  I know you are much older than your sister.  Please learn to behave."

"I know I'm older..." It was hard not to keep crying. “I’m an adult, I shouldn't be here... I don't know why you're doing this to me. Please just let us go... you know it's the right thing to do, you know keeping us here is wrong... we don't wanna be ghosts like you..." Wow, I was actually trying to bargain with her.

Trudie sighed and leaned down at her younger charge, a smile on her face despite the black eyes. "Bridget, you simply don't understand your place in all this.  You don't know anything yet.  But you will, very soon.  And then you'll understand.  You aren't leaving." Trudie led Bridget into a room and closed the door behind her.  It was very big, with nothing but a chair and a sofa.  And a woman.  A familiar woman with dark eyes.  Now, Bridget had reason to be afraid.

2 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

When people talked about spankings, it was never ever clear enough how exhausting the whole experience was, how belittling, how diminishing and humiliating. By the end of it, I was nodding my head in agreement, trying to mumble and sputter through my sudsy mouth, willing to tell her just about anything to make her stop. Trudie was worse than any amount of bad words I could ever hope to muster, but worse still was the way my sister looked at me in... disappointment.

You sound like you know a lot about being on the receiving end of a spanking. ^_^ Which one of you writes Bridget's lines, again?

25.)

“I wanna go home." Those were the first words that came out of my mouth, like I was afraid that if I didn't say them now then I wouldn't get a chance to say them. And they were slurred and soapy, uneven and unsure.  With my ass on fire and my mouth all sudsy, being brave was a little harder than I'd expected.

Bridget refused to sit down, but the woman didn't mind.  She had all the time in the world.  Literally.  She smiled and thought quietly to herself before responding. "Where is home, do you think?  Why don't you tell me exactly what you want." So afterward, the woman could show Bridget how absolutely silly that was.  What Bridget really wanted was to stay here and get better.

"Home is going back to college, to my dorm, with my best friend who isn't my sister." I wouldn't look at her; seeing the blackness in her eyes reminded me of just how dark my friends eyes were getting. How corrupted she was becoming. "We just came down here to explore, okay, we didn't mean any harm. Please just let us go..."

"She's in love with you, you know," the woman said softly, still smiling. "That girl?  She has filthy thoughts about you.  Thoughts no five year old should have.  And about her sister no less..." "Ria isn't my sister!" "But I wonder, how do you feel about her?  It doesn't seem like you have those same feelings..."

"...I'm not into girls that way." I answered, simply, like it was some kind of excuse and catch-all explanation for my response. Filthy thoughts... "She's no five year old.  Isn't how she feels about me, those... those filthy thoughts, isn't that proof that she isn't five? Why are you so obsessed with making us think we're kids? That's so fu... so messed up." I thought better of cursing. Ugh.

"Precious girl, I want you to realize the truth.  Girls her age... three years, to six or seven?  They get strange ideas.  Ideas they don't understand.  She thinks she loves you, like your Momma loves your Daddy.  But she's just confused.  She's learning.  You aren't." This time the woman moved.  She stood up and walked over to her charge. "We're going to help you learn."

"No... no you're not! You're not making my eyes dark like yours are, like a monster, you're not going to fuck me up like you're trying to do to her!" The curse word slipped out without meaning to, and I quickly covered my mouth in shock and anticipation of being hurt for it.

The woman picked Bridget up, picked her up like it was nothing, and suddenly she felt a lot a lot smaller.  The room was different.  It wasn't big, there was no sofa.  They were in the library.  Ria played with blocks on the floor, beside Soren, and Trudie was reading Kori another book. "Look how happy she is.  Don't you remember how much pain she used to be in?" Bridget remembered.  Memories of a crying little girl.  Ria, scared and confused.  All the stories Bridget used to make up.  That's what started her bedwetting, wasn't it?

"She..." She was happy, tough. She'd been happy with me, but... but I remembered Christmas. I remembered her pony. I remembered her crying when she wet the bed the first time… "It's not my fault... it's not, she... I love her she’s my best..." Best friend. Right? Best friend. But she was a child, how could my best friend be a child? It didn't make sense. I felt dizzy in this woman's arms, dizzy and small.

"Do you know how it feels to wet the bed, Bridget?  Do you know how scary it is?" Bridget kicked her feet and tried to be put down.  But the women held her tight.  She played with her hair as Bridget remembered something, only two weeks after Ria's bedwetting began.  When Bridget’s bed was wet.  But Bridget wasn't scared, she wasn't afraid.  She was proud. "You did it on purpose.  You wanted attention that Ria had.  You don't understand her at all.  You're just a selfish child."

"No I..." I didn't! I didn't, she was wrong, she was lying, she was trying to trick me!! "Nobody would do that, nobody would do something that... that's crazy, you're making me remember things that are crazy!  Stop it, stop it, get out of my head, you won't make me crazy!” I felt so sick.  Her words were something I could ignore, something I could deny, shut out, push away, but she kept putting images in my head that felt as vivid as memories.  They felt so... so real...

Now they were in a bedroom.  Bridget's bedroom at home.  Not a real bedroom of course.  The one from her memories, as an eight year old girl.  One door over, outside in the hall, her sister was sleeping soundly.  The woman put Bridget down on her bed and snapped her fingers.  Instantly, Bridget froze.  She couldn't move.  The woman tucked her into bed, smiling with those dark eyes. "You wanted to go home, didn't you?"

This wasn't my home! I wanted to scream at her, to yell and throw things, but I couldn't even move a muscle in my body, and when I did manage it was only to talk in a voice I didn't recognize. "Nuhuh this isn't my home..." I sounded so small. Young, small, an accent I barely recognized; I sounded perhaps British? Irish? How would I know. She made me sound different, though, just a little bit. But I recognized this room, I recognized the way the flickering lights reflected off the dark wood rafters, I recognized my bed and my impossibly soft comforter, I recognized the smell of the river behind the house and the sounds of the waterwheel on the other side of it, churning dutifully all night. But this was wrong...

"You don't understand your poor sister... you don't understand all the pain you cause her.  You think you're immune to it.  That you're grown up?  That she isn't your responsibility - she's your best friend.  But Bridget, she's your little sister.  And you need to understand how she felt." Suddenly, Bridget had to pee.  She really had to pee.  This wasn't like last time, when she'd done it on purpose.  This was real.  But she couldn't move.  She was frozen to the bed.  The woman disappeared.

I couldn't move! I couldn't get up, I knew where the bathroom was; I knew it was at the top of the stairs so close by to our bedroom doors. I knew. I felt panic in my chest swelling, swelling like my clothes, my bedsheets, swelling like my tears that broke the line and tumbled endlessly down my face as I wailed and sobbed and nobody came! Nobody came to help me, nobody came to make it stop. I couldn't feel myself doing it, like control was all gone, but I felt the wetness, I felt the warmth, I felt my chest aching in shame and pain. I didn't wanna be here! I wasn't a baby! I was eight!

The girl was soaking wet.  The woman cradled her on her lap in the warm, soft, open room with the couch and the chair.  Sure, the woman's lap was wet too, but it didn't matter right now.  She played with Bridget's hair. "You're causing trouble here, Bridget," she whispered to the crying girl. "You're acting out and it's making problems.  But we just want to help.  Stop being selfish.  Think about your sister.  Take your pills."

My sister. I felt warm, but not from the wetness. Warm and tight and uncomfortable. Guilt. I put her through that... I'm why she did that? I'm why she's scared, I'm why she's upset. I felt like throwing up, but when she handed me the pills I put them in my mouth after a long pause. I had to take them, for Ria. I had to make it up to her, I made her feel so scared and alone and disgusted with herself. I broke her...

• Like 2

26.)

Ria never had to know what happened.  Bridget's wetting was kept private between the woman and the now eight year old girl.  Victory was hers.  Hers, and the doctor man, and Trudie.  They'd won.  Bridget didn't have to wear diapers like her little sister - her accident was just a demonstration.  Actually, she was the only one in the library who didn't wear diapers.  But that afternoon, when she found her sister in the library, Bridget was in for a surprise.  Her sister was obviously five years old.  But Soren - once her age - was only just bigger than Ria.  And Kori - who kept reading books - was a child, maybe ten.  This was the new world.  This was Bridget's reality now.

Kori was really nice to me that day, she read to me even though I could read okay-ish. She also helped me with the bigger words. Ria cuddled up to me, which helped me not to feel dizzy with vertigo, a feeling and sensation I kept feeling in the back of my head. A sensation of falling, of wrongness. That day, in the library, I found myself. I remembered so much, I remembered my sister, I remembered my home, I remembered Momma and Daddy. I felt serene, and safe, and happy. And all that came crashing down when Soren put her hand on mine and looked frantically to the left and right. "What about your best friend?" I felt panicked, afraid, confused, dizzy, I closed my eyes and then threw up. I threw up all over the floor in the corner of the library where I'd gone to find a new book. But Soren was nowhere around me... in-fact, when everybody came to check on me, she was the last to get here, as though she'd been the furthest away. I was sobbing. Who was I?

I looked down from the top bunk at my sister.  She was doing better, but she still wasn't doing well.  I knew they were helping her.  I knew everything was going back to normal now.  But at the same time, there was just this feeling... nervousness. "You gonna get in bed?" "Might sleep on the floor," she muttered, a blush on her cheeks.  She was remembering something, but I didn't know what it was.  Was she afraid of her bed? "I'll lay with you if you wanna?"

"I..." She was in a diaper.  She was happy in a diaper, happy with the thick folds of cloth between her chubby little thighs, but the idea of feeling that panic again, even from someone else... I shivered and shook my head. "Did I scare you... with my stories, sis? Is that why you wet the bed... is that why you love me?" Filthy thoughts. I remembered those words. The woman with the black eyes painted me as a corrupter, telling me I filled my sister’s innocent heart with sickness, sadness, and perversion. Her words haunted me...

"...scare me?" I looked down at Bridget and felt myself blush.  Oh... "Um... w-well... no, you didn't scare me.  I love you 'cause you're my sister.  You're my best friend!  And I like all your stories!  I think they're really fun and you're so fun to play with, and..." I shrugged and played with the hem of my nightgown. "I got a little scared, 'cause... I thought you didn't like being my sister anymore... but I dun think its you're fault I'm a baby..." I'm a baby.  That was a self-depreciating thing.  I was five.  I wasn't a baby.  But I wore diapers like one.  They made me feel safe.  So wasn't I still a baby?  I was so pathetic...

"You're not a baby - you're a cutie." I'd said that before. I think. Right? Hadn't I? It was Autumn when I did, I remembered her in a pile of leaves, hiding from me, her butt up in the air and puffy and the dress she was wearing caught in the wind. She cried then, about being a baby. I told her she wasn't. She was a cutie, not a baby. Babies wore diapers but so did cuties. I didn't have any proof of that, but it had dried her tears that day, dried them off her cheeks and given birth to a smile. She often looked at me with that smile...

I smiled down at her.  She always knew how to make me feel better. "I love you, Bridget." "Love you too, Ria." We cuddled that night in her bed.  We both slept soundly.  Whatever it was they had done to us, it was working.  Finally, we were getting back to normal.  Finally, things were getting better.  But the next morning, when the four of us were given our pills, Bridget hesitated.  We stood in a line.  Kori took hers first.  I took mine second.  Usually, Kori would go back to reading, but today, she didn't.  She waited.  She watched my sister.  Soren looked at the tiny cup.  You could see the anxiety all over her.  She grabbed it with trembling fingers and took her pills too.  Then she looked up at Bridget with fear.  Had they gotten her too?  Was this the end?  I poked my sister. "Gotta take 'em."

"I..." I'd had a dream about our dorm, last night. I'd had a dream we left, I'd had a dream we escaped.  And then in the dream we never saw Momma and Daddy again. I pouted at the conflict, and put them in my mouth. I swallowed the water, but not the pills; I hid the under my tongue, forcing a smile, trying to figure out what to do. And stupidly, when Soren looked at me, I opened my mouth quickly to show here where I hid the pills, and then closed it again. What was I doing…?

27.)

It was over, or so we thought.  Trudie relaxed.  Kori relaxed.  I was riled up with excitement.  Finally!  Finally it was over!  But when my sister got a moment alone with Soren, on the far end of the library, Bridget put the wet pills on the bookshelf, behind a book, to be lost in time.  Soren looked up at her. "How... old do I look to you?" Bridget stared down at the young girl, maybe six.  She was trembling still.

"Six..." I answered, honestly. I felt like I was on a fun-park ride, one of those wooden coasters, tumbling into hell below and falling falling falling... then coming out slowly into the sun. So why did this part feel like the falling, why did the real me feel like the wrong tree to be barking up? Why was I so scared, why was I so conflicted? "How old do I look to you?” I echeod back to her.

"Eight," she answered honestly, playing with her fingers in front of her. "Maybe... we just give up now.  Until another girl comes along.  Until another girl comes to save us..." Soren had such high hopes in Ria and Bridget.  She had believed this was finally the answer.  That finally, she'd escape this horrible place.  But it wasn't to be. "Just don't take the pills," Bridget said. "Hide them, like me." But Soren shook her head. "Nuh uh... I'mma good girl, Bridget... dun wanna get in trouble no more..." She looked down at her dress, at the way she waddled when she walked. "Just a little girl, I guess... at least you're still potty trained.  Enjoy it while they let you keep it..."

"They can't take it away... you can't do that to a person..." But that woman, hadn't she done that to me? Hadn't she made me feel that way? She'd made me wet in my bed, she'd made it so I couldn't move. I frowned and sighed as Soren walked away, and my eyes moved to the book where I'd hidden the pills. I turned and ran right into Trudie. "Hi.. um... hi. I was looking for a book to r-read in the bathroom." When did I get so nervous around her? Was it when she beat my butt? Was it when she soaped my mouth? A voice screamed in me that it was because she was pure evil.  But that didn't make sense... Trudie wasn't evil...

"Don't let Soren in your head," Trudie said simply, looking at the bookshelf where the young eight year old had been standing.  These books were too advanced for her... "That girl has her own problems.  You are making remarkable progress." She patted Bridget on the head and took her by the hand. "Let's get you some pie.  I'm going to change your sister." She led Bridget back to the counter where a slice of pie was waiting for her.  The same pie from before, that made Ria dizzy and weak. "It's a special treat from the doctor for being such a good girl." And like that, she left Bridget alone.  Trudie carried Ria out of the room on her hip and Kori peeked up from her book.  This was over, wasn't it?   But Kori had to be sure...

I didn't wanna eat it at first, but it was hard to know what to trust anymore. I couldn't trust Ria, I couldn't trust anybody else here, I couldn't trust my own memories, my own experiences, my own fears, my own decisions. I should have taken the pills, I reasoned, I argued. I should have let them stupefy me like that, should have rolled over and accepted their plans for me. Wouldn't that have been easier? Jut to... give up, right? I looked at the pie again, pretty little red pie. Dammit. I took a bite, just as Kori sat down.

"Do you remember this pie?" Soren peeked up from her blocks.  Whenever Kori and Bridget were together, it scared her, the same way it scared Kori when Bridget was alone with Soren.  Each had their own agenda, and the other was in constant conflict.  Kori and Soren hated each other. "Your Momma made it.  She brings it in every week.  'Cause she thinks it'll help you know what's real." Soren scampered to her feet and hurried over to the counter. "It's just more drugs that make us feel foggy and not know what's right!" Soren had a lot of experience, but the ten-year old girl's glare shot daggers at the six-year old.  Soren hesitated.

It's Momma's pie.." I stated. Questioned. Wondered. It didn't taste familiar, like my palette was used to sweeter things, simpler foods. The spices in the fruit pie seemed foreign, but so did my life before coming here, and it was hard to know what to believe in. "It tastes good,” I told both Kori and Soren. It was an answer that seemed to please neither of them; non-committal and straddling worlds... just like the rest of me. Maybe it was drugged...

"Just eat it and you'll remember," Kori said with a smile. "Bridget, don't!" Soren hollered, panic rising in her voice. "Y-you're fighting!  You're still trying!  Please don't give up on me!  Don't give up on Ria!" "Will you shut up?" "You shut up!" Kori stood up, taller than Soren, but Soren held her ground. "Stop filling her head with your lies!" Kori yelled. "Stop acting like she's a little girl!" Soren said. "She IS a little girl!" Kori shouted, louder than she'd ever talked before. "Says the girl that poops her pants," Soren shot back, and Kori froze in place. "I... y-you're..."

I remembered that... I remembered... being in the room with Kori. She didn't speak then - the little Asian girl just smiled and giggled and smelled awful. She was my age... wasn't she? I looked at the pie, and looked down at the two girls on the floor together, looked at Kori shocked and blushing and looked at the pie, speaking quietly. "Soren said she wants to be gone from here, not to give up... Kori says Soren lies, and not to believe her... I don't know what to believe..." I took a bite of the pie, in the end. Because it was something I could taste, something I could feel in my mouth, smell with my nose, feel the texture of... it was something I could believe in.

Soren slapped the pie off the counter and it clattered to the floor.  It would draw attention.  Soren would be in trouble.  She winced.  Damnit, damnit, damnit!  But Kori was collecting herself.  Kori forced a smile and went to comfort Bridget. "You're here to get better.  Things are going to get better!  It might not seem like it now, but they will.  Just trust the people here and--" "And you'll be messing your diapers too," Soren countered, obviously shaken and scared.  Kori was getting angry, though. "You don't know what you're talking about!  You're just trying to be the center of attention like you always--" "Then tell us why you're ten and you smell like a stinky baby!" Kori felt a blush fill her cheeks.  She didn't stink... she hadn't... had she? "Bridget's younger than you and she's more grown up!  This place makes you a baby!  Look at you!  You're just a big baby!" Kori's face went crimson and she shook her head over and over. "Sh-shut up!  I am not!"

With the sweetness of the pie gone and the attention drawn to it, I did notice a foul smell coming from Kori; from the always dignified ten year old that looked down on the rest of us, from the girl who helped me with the big words. I felt so impaired as I blinked, processing what was happening between the two of them, and I looked from Kori to Soren, back to Kori, and tilted my head with a curious look. "Did you make a stinky in your diapee, Kori?" I didn't even know why I asked it like that! Because I was eight and I guess I was used to asking that question to toddlers and younger children who couldn't talk back. Oddly enough, there was another feeling, beyond the familiar, beyond the disgust. She was such a baby... and I liked it when girls were babies... I liked it when my sister wet the bed, because if she didn't grow up, she couldn't go and make new friends and leave me. I wanted her to be a baby. I wanted Kori to be a baby, too..."You're a baby..." Because who else would be able to be her friend like I was when she was a stinky little babygirl, right? I bit my lip, and smiled. "I'ma change you, don' worry Kori... but don't tell nobody what you did, or they'll tease you. I won't tease you though... you're lucky you have me."

Kori's eyes started to water and she stormed out of the room, humiliated.  She had to find Trudie.  And when she did, Soren would get in trouble.  Would Bridget get in trouble too?  Soren looked at her friend, exhausted and scared.  This wasn't good... but Bridget had chosen a side.  Bridget pushed Kori away.  They had to act fast. "They're gonna do it again.  Give me the surgery.  I did bad.  I'd been acting good for so long, and now... now they know I'm not better.  I'm gonna come back with a bandage on my head and I'm gonna be different.  It's up to you.  You gotta get us out and you gotta do it before your next session.  If they do any more surgery on you, you won't remember anymore... you'll be like Ria, like Kori..." Like me, Soren thought.  This was the end for her...

What was I supposed to do? I didn't want Kori to leave, I wanted to help her to feel better, I wanted her to rely on me like my sister did. I looked blankly at Soren with a dull smile and shook my head. "I don't even know if this is real or not, Soren... if this is real and I'm actually a little kid, then you're actually a little kid, too, and you need help." It was a pretty mature way to look at it. "If this isn't real and I'm in a flooded basement of an abandoned hospital, then maybe you're not real either. Maybe none of this is real, maybe I slipped and hit my head and died." The point was this, though: "Either you're trying to stop me getting better, or you're trapped here, too, or you're not even real..." I held up my fingers. Two on one hand, one on the other. "One thing says to trust you, two things says to not. Iono what to do, Soren... iono why you hate Kori... I wish you liked Kori. I wish two people told me the same answer, then I could trust someone... but I don't trust me and I don't trust you and... I think I wanna take a nap..."

Soren heard footsteps in the hall.  Maybe Bridget was too far gone.  Maybe all this was for nothing.  Or maybe the medicine just needed a few more hours to get out of her system.  Either Bridget would save everyone, or she'd become one of them.  But Soren didn't know the answer... "I've waited a long time for somebody to save me... and now... now that you're here, now that there's a chance, I know I'm probably not gonna make it out of here.  They're gonna make me different, make me forget, and... and I'll be gone.  But Ria remembers.  She pretends not to, but she remembers.  And you remember too.  And... and I hope... I hope even if I'm stuck here forever, you guys are safe.  I've waited so long to be saved, so long... but I should never have ever ever wished anybody would ever find this place like I did." The doors burst open and Trudie came in with Kori behind her, crying softly. "Soren.  Let's go." Soren gave a final look at her friend and faked a smile. "Love you," she said, and left with Trudie.

Bridget placed the second set of pills behind the same book, one day later.  The library was calm and quiet.  Trudie was working on paperwork behind the counter.  Ten year old Kori read a book out loud to five year old Ria.  Six year old Soren played with round and square wooden blocks, building a rather large castle.  And like Trudie, like the two doctors, all three children had black pairs of eyes.  Bridget was completely alone.  Alone in the den of lions and their cubs.

• Like 1