LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

7.)

"It looks like the treatment has taken well this time.” Her words were syrupy with praise, and the woman began to take notes on the pad and paper with a scratchy ink pen, quietly humming to herself while Ria sucked on the pacifier with pinkened cheeks. "You want so badly to be better, to be the best five year old girl you can be... no more precocious thoughts, no more fantasies, no more daydreams or hysteria. You want to be home, brushing Teacup's mane. You remember Teacup, don't you? Your pony? Tell me about her? She's chestnut colored, if I recall." Telling her a truth was one thing; that was temporary, fleeting -- but making her mind come up with new truths on its own... well that was much more effective.

Teacup... my pony?  I had a pony?  Of course I had a pony.  Chestnut colored... I had gotten her when I was young.  Young... on a farm?  No, I didn't live on a farm.  I must have had a big yard.  My thoughts were spinning and my eyes were glossy and unfocused.  I sucked harder on the pacifier.  The combination of stimuli was overwhelming.  Everything felt foggy and white.

"You told me that you fell in love with her at first sight, she's the same age as you are, isn't she? Tell me about her, what's her favorite thing to eat?" There was no fire of defiance right now - there would be, again, in time; but her brain for the moment was drowning in information given to her, and much like a damaged brain would re-order itself to function again, hers would absorb this stimuli like a sponge and make the memories as real as could be.

"Peanut butter..." Could horses even eat peanut butter?  Of course they could.  Teacup always did!  Right?  I remembered her licking it off my hands.  I smiled a little and sucked softly on the pacifier.  Things started to feel like they were falling in place.  Obviously I remembered Teacup.

The woman had a smile much warmer than her skin to the touch, and nodded proudly. “Teacup likes peanut butter, that's right. I can't quite remember now, does she like it when you brush her mane? I'm sure you said that she does." Engaging her this way, encouraging her to fit the pieces in herself, this was a slippery slope and the downfall of others who'd been so unlucky as to stumble across this haunted place. It was easy to listen, easy to cooperate, easy to fill in the blanks created inside of her, with the truths they let her build.

I talked with the woman for almost an hour about Teacup.  I kept remembering things about her, about my childhood, about everything.  I never once moved to take the pacifier out of my mouth.  I never argued when she said something about my age.  But we were talking about my friends and suddenly I remembered: "Bridget!!" My eyes were wide and the pacifier fell from my lips. "I gotta find Bridget!"

"Bridget is excited to see you, my little doll, she misses you dreadfully. She's your big sister, after all, but only by two years.  Or was it three?  Do you remember?” A matching panic from the woman might have blown things apart, but her words were calm and flowing, and she changed the subject after a moment, too; lifting the front of the gown her patient was wearing and pressing a hand against the thick cloth. "It seems as though you need a change."

I blinked.  Huh?  Sister?  No, Bridget was my... but then the woman lifted my gown and I felt her fingers pushed between my legs.  I yelped out in surprise and shoved her away, mortified.  "What do you think you're doing?!" How dare she!  How dare... but it... actually didn't feel right.  I'd been touched before.  I'd had women put their hands between my legs.  But this felt so gentle, so unrealistic.  I was confused.

"Let's take a small recess." The woman, thin as she might have been in stature, seemed to have had no issues leaning down and picking her patient up. And something became much clearer when she did... Ria had gotten smaller. Her body seemed the same at first, but picked up by the woman, it was clear she was really no bigger than a five year old. Had she shrunk? Or had the entire world grown around her when she'd been picked up? "Oh my, you're quite wet. And you didnt even notice." With Ria held against her hip like a child, it was easy to tell how wet her thick cloth diaper was.

I was scared.  I was actually scared!  Things weren't right, I knew they weren't!  And I didn't know what she was talking about!  But when she lifted me onto her hip and I felt the strange, unfamiliar warmth between my legs... she said I was wet.  Wet?  I kicked my feet, flailing for the woman to put me down.  I would never!  I was in college!  I hadn't wet the bed in years! "I am not a baby, lemme down lemme down!!"

"You're not a baby, you're almost six." The struggling didn't seem to faze her one bit, and she stopped before getting to the door, girl in arms, in front of a tall mirror so that her patient could see herself. Plain pink gown. Sagging wet cloth diaper. Bandaged head, and puffy crying eyes, but most damningly... so small in the woman’s arms. "Sometimes in cutting out the bad things, we bring out some good things, too. A healthy mind is worth the costs, Ria."

That wasn't me.  That wasn't me!  I looked like... like... like I did when I was a kid.  Like I did in old photographs.  But the gown barely came down past my waist, and though I'd never worn a cloth diaper in my entire life, I instantly recognized it.  A diaper?  No.  No!  I felt tears run down my cheeks and I started to wail.  I was a grown up!  I was a grown up!!

"Ria, calm yourself." The woman deftly placed the pacifier back between her lips, and fussed over the hair poking out from the bandage, cooing softly as she took Ria from the office and out into the hall.  By the time she'd taken her into the room that was clearly her ward here; now replete with changing table made of ornate oak, and plush thick carpet, the cooing had become singing something tender in German, or maybe Russian, to the girl that was sobbing less and less energetically in her arms.

I hated it.  I hated that I was calming down.  The pacifier was silencing me.  It made it hard to argue.  To fight.  And her singing warmed me in my chest.  I was so angry.  I was so upset!  But I couldn't do anything.  I wasn't even... no.  I had to do something.  I had to.  She finally put me down on the edge of the changing table and I moved to jump off, but the floor was so far away.  My fear of heights triggered and I scrambled back onto the table.

"Be careful now, you don't balance very well anymore." The most unnerving thing, perhaps, was just how little the outburst of attempted resistance seemed to matter. Like everything was in control, like she legitimately was a child and this woman, as an adult, had everything under control. "You already wear your diapers to bed, you always have, there's no need to be upset about wearing them during the day. Plenty of girls your age do." Her fingers played with the bandage, played with her cheek, rubbed tears from under her eyes. "What was the name of your best friend, who has troubles with the bathroom as well? Carolina? With such beautiful blue eyes. Tell me about your sleepover there, tell me how nice you were to her, how sweet when she was shy." This was busy talk. Distractions. So she could change the very adult girl.

I opened my mouth to yell at the woman, but her words caught me off guard.  Friend.  Bridget?  Who had troubles with the bathroom.  Carolina?  I didn't know a Carolina.  With beautiful blue eyes.  Oh, such pretty eyes.  About our sleepover.  When she stayed the night?  She was so shy, because she had wet the spare bed.  I told her it was okay!  Accidents happen.  Right?  Right...

"You remember, don't you? Carolina, tell me about her? Tell me about that night." The pacifier was still in her mouth, and as the memories washed over her, manufactured by her very susceptible brain on the fly, it was very easy for Ria to be laid down on her back and given a soft, plush, stuffed mouse to hold in her arms while she was being changed. Being here was like treading water, and Ria was learning what it was like to get lung full after lung full of undeniable truth as to who she really was.

"I... I didn't..." "You were a good friend.  Offering her one of your diapers." I shook my head and tried to sit up on the changing table but the tall woman pushed me right back down.  I wanted to argue.  I didn't wear diapers!  I hadn't since I was a small baby!  But... the memory was there.  It was there in my head...

"That was before your hysteria, before you got sick. I'm sure Carolina is excited to see you come back; you were always such a good friend to her." The diaper was unpinned while she spoke, and the sound of dripping water came from the washcloth being wrung out and prepared to clean her. "Was it Carolina who had the collection of china dolls? Or was that somebody else? Sylpha?" Softly the warm cloth began to clean the residual wetness from her patient’s thighs.

I kicked my feet but it didn't phase the woman one bit.  She hummed softly and asked again. "They were Carolina's, right?  She kept them on the high shelves and you couldn't play with them and you got so sad." I felt a little bit of fight drain out of me.  It was impossible to ignore the reality: these things she was telling me... they happened.  But how did that fit into what I already knew?  I knew I was an adult.  I knew it...

"It's good to have dolls, to have stories, and imagination. Carolina used her imagination to help her friends come to life. Unlike you, my dolly, who's imagination led you t'ward a path of ruin." Sooner or later something would give; the ghostly surgery would wear off either way, but when it did... one set of reality was going to trump the other and her brain would rush to fill the void with memories. And at this rate... well... at this rate, she was naming doll's that belonged to Carolina, distractedly, while the woman positioned a new cloth diaper beneath her behind.

The asylum reminds me of Castle Oblivion from Kingdom Hearts, which makes me love this story even more!

Also do you and/or Pudding have like a ph.D in psychology or something? Or are you just making all this up as you go along? In either case it's extremely impressive. :)

I love KH!  I've been trying to get Pudding to write a KH diaper fan fiction with me for like 7 years. :blush:

Pudding and I both have bachelor degrees in psychology and I'm going for my masters at the moment. ^_^  I think it's really helped us write compelling and believable characters!

Thank you for all the nice words!  Gonna try to get another chapter up soon.  I'm just very busy right now. :( 

~Sophie

6 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

I love KH!

You just keep getting more amazing in my eyes! If you were standing here right now I would probably joking-but-not-completely-jokingly ask if you'd marry me! :)

8 minutes ago, Sophie ♥ said:

I've been trying to get Pudding to write a KH diaper fan fiction with me for like 7 years.

Oh wow. Normally I stay away from Fan-Fiction, especially when it's about something as close to my heart as KH. But if that happened I might have to make an exception!

What if you used a cast of Original Characters? You could set it during/before the events of KHUX. Maybe have the two main characters be members or opposing Unions? A good ol' Romeo & Juliet story, minus the suicide. The possibilities are staggering!

8.)

When I woke up, I had the stuffed mouse held tight to my chest.  I thought I'd gone to sleep on the changing table, but maybe I had been carried into this room instead.  I looked around.  A familiar room.  The one where I'd found Soren, or the one where Bridget had found that other girl?  I didn't know.  I sat upright and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.  I really needed that nap.  And then, in a wave of panic, I stood up and looked at myself.  I was so small in that mirror!  But now... now I seemed fine.  Me-sized.  Was it a trick?  Was it that mirror?  I still had the bandage wrapped around my head.  Damnit... what was going on here?

I banged on the glasses from my room, across the hall, when I saw my best friend sit up in the other across from me. She didn't notice at first; I guess she couldn't hear me through two walls and a hallway, but eventually she looked directly across the hall at me and I smiled excitedly. She... didn't, though? Her head was in a bandage, and her eyes looked dull, and she cocked her face to one side like she was trying to figure out what she was seeing. I shouted. I banged the glass. I tried to open the door, even, but she barely even registered I was here. Had they drugged her?!

I sighed.  It was no use.  Outside the glass window, there was the other cell.  But just like before, the glass on the other cell was clouded and dark.  I couldn't see in.  I looked down at the little mouse on the floor.  A stuffed animal.  The same one from when I was on that changing table.  Changing table?  I felt a blush overwhelm my cheeks as I scrambled with the gown, but underneath it I was as naked as before.  So she didn't put me in one of those stupid diapers again?  I held the mouse to my chest and mumbled, "At least you're here with me..."

"I'll always be with you, so you can tell what's real and what isn't." The voice came... from where? From the mouse? Soft and soothing, calm and genuine. And for some reason, totally acceptable. From across the hall, behind the frosted glass, I watched my best friends mouth move like she was talking to somebody, I watched her hold a plush mouse up in front of her and... talk to it, I guess? Ugh, over here you dummy! Why wouldn't she notice me?!

"None of this is real," I said flatly.  But I didn't believe that.  I thought all of this was real.  Everything that had happened... “Except that mirror.  That must be a trick mirror or something.  Ugh, how did they even get a hold of a picture from when I was a kid?  These kidnappers are insane.  But they must want something, right?  A ransom?  But no, thinking about Soren... maybe they want to keep us here.  So I have to find Bridget and I have to get out!  That's all!" Of course I was telling my plan to a stuffed mouse.  I pouted and hugged it to my chest. "I wish Bridget was here..."

"I bet she won't be too far from here at all, and if you're just a good girl, they'll let you see her." The mouse couldn't move, couldn't emote, or show any kinda of physical displays of compassion beyond when she cuddled it, but its words - her words - sounded tender and reassuring. Trustworthy. "Think about it... if you're bad they'll keep you away forever. So you have to trick them into thinking you're being good. And what is the best way to trick them?" Across the hall, I didn't have a mouse to reassure me of anything. Ugh, this was stupid. I was so stupid to have brought my best friend here, and we were never going to get out of here and were just going to be two more missing girls on the list. I slumped down against the window and put my head in my hands. There had to be a way out of here...

I sat and waited, sometimes talking to my new friend.  I knew something was weird about it, talking to a stuffed animal, but I was so lonely.  And I missed Bridget. The mouse was here, and Bridget wasn't, so... when the door opened, I shot upright, jumping to my feet.  I was halfway to a hug when I realized it wasn't Bridget.  The door closed behind her.  A girl.  She was shorter than me by a few inches.  Asian.  The one Bridget had found when we first got here?

"Hiya.” Unlike with Soren, there was no baby talk from this girl’s lips, although her intonations were chipper and bubbly, bright like easter colors.  Not at all the way any girl their age would talk; just... her inflections were all wrong. And she finished out the hug, because it had been offered, and giggled happily. There was something about her different to Soren, though... her eyes weren't quite black the way that Trudie's were, but they were in a kind of transitory state between normal and not normal. Like maybe she'd been here too long.

"Hi," I said quietly, looking the girl over.  We'd never met.  I'd only seen her a few times. "I'm... uh. Ria" She wasn't Bridget, but maybe she could help.  Though the way she smiled... "I... w-well, I gotta try to find my friend.  Do you think you can get me out of this room?  I just need to find her." And then a question I didn't think to ask. "What's your name?"

”Everybody here calls me Kori, but I don’t think that’s my real name.” She seemed to stop and think on that only for a moment before it was like a record skipped and she moved to the next topic. “It’s nice to meet ya Ria! Wha’s your friends name?” she nodded to the mouse clutched firmly in Ria’s arms with a big smile, like asking a college age girl the name of the plushie she couldn’t force herself to let go of, was the most normal thing in the world.

"Dot," I told her automatically, looking down at the mouse in my arms, then feeling a little embarrassed having been so forward with what was obviously a very embarrassing fact. "A-anyway.  Um.  Bridget is who I'm looking for.  She's my friend.  I know she's around here, I just cant get out of this room."

“Well its yer bedroom silly!! You can leave but only if someone comes to take you to leave, like maybe to go see a doctor or to eat, but today is special ‘cause I got lunch for you an’ for Dot.” She pulled a package out from a pocket in her dress, wrapped in checked cheesecloth: some sandwiches, and a small bottle of tea with sugar, wrapped up in a tiny picnic set with a tiny cup and tiny spoon.

I looked down at the food and bit my lip.  I really was hungry.  I hadn't eaten since that pie in the library.  It couldn't hurt, right?  So I sat down with Kori and started eating the sandwiches.  Mm... what about the library? "Can I go to the library and look at books?  Can you take me there?" She shook her head.  I pouted.  How was I supposed to get out of here?

Kori seemed aloof in the way that adults weren’t, and completely and utterly content with who she was and how she was dressed, even when they’d all sat down the floor, Dot clutched in Ria’s lap and Kori sitting with her legs splayed out in front, clearly showing the diaper she was wearing under the gingham dress. Which, perhaps, would have been a conversation point, if not for the spreading wetness on the floor in front and underneath of Ria.... “Uh-oh, Ria...” Kori pointed, not accusingly, just... informationally, at the very clear fact: Ria had just wet herself.

I didn't feel it, not until the warmth started to soak through the carpet.  Until I thought maybe I spilled something.  Until I thought the carpet was wet and I sat down in the wrong spot.  But just as I'd noticed what Kori was wearing, just as I was about to ask her about it, I felt the liquid pool underneath me.  I stumbled to my feet in a panic, but the damage was done.  Pee dripped down my thighs and onto the floor, and automatically, I started to cry.

9.)

Before long the door slid open and a very familiar woman stood there; rimmed glasses, pencil skirt, warm smile and cold eyes... eyes black, like the librarians, and for some reason, oddly beautiful to Ria.  But right now she was wet and sobbing, and it wouldn’t be until much later that she realized how alluring those eyes were becoming to her. The woman without a name pushed a pacifier into Kori’s mouth before she could speak, and knelt down to wrap her arms around Ria in a warm embrace, speaking softly in her ear. ”This is normal, you’re used to do this, this is normal and okay and beautiful. I’m going to get you clean and changed, but you must ask me for it. Please change me. Please dress me properly.”

I shoved the woman as hard as I could, but it only just barely got her off me.  I tried to run past her, to the still-open door, but she caught me in her arms.  I kicked and screamed and threw a fit. "I am not a baby!  Lemme go!  I want Bridget!  I wanna go home!!  Lemme go!!"

”You’re safe, this is real.  You trust me right?” That was... Dot. Dot the little mouse pushed between her arms, warm and calming like alcohol, and equally as intoxicating: the plush mouse seemed to be so much more important when she was crying, so much so that she squeezed it so tightly in her arms when offered. “Remember to pretend to be good. Suck your thumb, cooperate. They’ll let you see Bridget if you pretend to be good enough.” If anybody else could hear the mouse, they made no indications, and the woman looked sternly, opening her mouth to scold about the wet mess on the floor.

Pretend to be good.  We talked about this.  But I'd just wet myself!  I'd just... my cheeks burned with humiliation.  Damnit... fine!  Fine... I stuck my thumb in my mouth and I watched all the frustration fade away from the woman's face, into a curious, warm smile. "Wan' see Bridget," I said behind my thumb.  This was so embarrassing...

“I’ll take you to see her after I change you, does that sound fair?” Dot followed up the woman’s words with,“It doesn’t matter what you’re wearing as long as you prove that you’re good and can see Bridget. Nothing she makes you wear is a big deal, really, is it? It’s just clothes, and if she can help you not make a mess in front of Bridget, that’s even better.” Dot was certainly very thoughtful for a stuffie, but every bit of advice had been good so far, even so far as the fact Ria didn’t take her thumb from her mouth; like she was comfortable with it there; content and safe feeling.

The thought of Bridget seeing me wet myself filled my mind.  I had been crushing on her for years.  Years.  And if she ever saw this... damnit, Dot had a good point.  And the woman said I could see her... said I could see Bridget after... "Okay," I mumbled, but that wasn't enough. "You must asked to be changed.  You must ask to be dressed properly." I winced and held Dot tighter to my chest. "...please may I be dressed properly?"

”Good girl.” Anybody could tell someone to do something they didn’t want to do, and no amount of direction changed who that person was. But convince them to ask for it? Make them want it? And you change them for life. ”Let’s go, come with me.” One of the woman’s hands slipped into Ria’s, and Ria held Dot against her chest with the other.  She walked with wet thighs out of the room, calmly and cooperatively, with Kori following behind. She didn’t know it yet, but by the time she was lifted off the changing table, by the time her thick cloth diaper was pinned between her legs some time later on... Ria’s eyes were going to be imperceptibly and unnoticeably darker; a part of this place invading who she was.

I ran up to Bridget and hugged her tighter than I'd ever hugged her before.  Even tighter than last time.  We had to get out of here.  I knew we did!  I just didn't know how.  But I had Bridget now.  I had her, finally!  Even if I was wearing a towel between my legs and holding a stuffed mouse, I knew with her at my side all this would be better soon.  She was always the problem solver. "I missed you so much," I mumbled into her shoulder. "I'm so scared..."

My best friend was a lot of things. She was cute, and she liked to order burgers with the pickle on, just so she could take it off, and she had to watch an odd number of episodes of any TV show in any one sitting. On top of that, she was clever, despite her cautious and unadventurous nature. Those were constants. Sitting in the little cell together, though, watching the window into the hallway while we contemplated our fates in this ghostly world... Ria was cuddled up to my arm, clingy.  The hand on the arm she linked in mine had her thumb plopped firmly in her mouth, and her other arm held a plush mouse that she actively talked to twice in front of me. Ria was a lot of things, but none of those things were her. "We gotta get out of here, Ria... any ideas...?"

"Nuh uh... gotta find Trudie.  The librarian.  She has the keys.  That's what Soren said.  I dunno where Soren is.  We just gotta get out, Bridget.  We really gotta get out of here..." I kept thinking about the past few hours.  About the accidents I'd been having.  Now I was wearing a thick cloth diaper between my legs and pushing my thighs together so my best friend wouldn't notice.  I had to get out of here before this got any worse.  I touched the bandages on my head. “They keep saying… treatment.  What are they talking about?  What are they doing to us?" I said us, but Bridget never had any bandages on her head.

"Surgery, maybe…”  I felt sick to think about it, to think about them having cut up my best friend, given her brain surgery or something equally horrific. I wanted to remove the bandage, to see what they'd done... but the idea of seeing confirmation of something so horrible made my stomach turn. "Probably just saying something to scare you, Ria.." "Why hasn't Bridget had any treatments? Did she do something bad, that they don't want to help her?" That came from Dot, although only Ria would ever hear the little mouse speak.

"Nothing is wrong with Bridget," I said flatly, a little annoyed, at my little stuffed mouse.  Bridget had already asked about Dot.  I told her that she was trying to help us get out of here.  She was, obviously, on our side.  But Bridget seemed apprehensive.  Maybe she didn't trust her... "We gotta forget about Soren.  We can't take care of everybody, Bridget.  We gotta just get out as soon as we can." But that still begged the question... how?

I went to stand up, and Ria cuddled up to my arm tight out of reflex, and it made it hard to just be my usual self when she was being so clingy, but obviously she'd been through something horrendous. I felt sick with guilt; I felt like I was falling apart. “I’ve got an idea.  It’s alright, wait here." Reluctantly, she let go of me, and redoubled her efforts cuddling up to her mouse. Oh my god, this had all been my stupid idea to come here, and now they'd given my best friend a ghost lobotomy! What the fuck, Bridget. Above the window there was a wire vent in the ceiling, and with no small amount of dexterity, I climbed up using my feet pressed tight onto the barely-there lip where the window met the glass, and hooked my fingers into the vent. If I could just get it free... "She's not pretending to be good, Ria... she's going to get in trouble..."

"She's gotta do something," I said to my little stuffed mouse. "We gotta do something or we're not going to escape.  I know it's not being good, but we gotta only be good when they're around and be not good when they're gone..." That made sense to me, even if the words were a little warped.  My ears were still ringing a little and it never felt good when Dot would talk to me.  But no matter how hard Bridget pulled on the vent, it wouldn't budge.  I looked out the window at the hallway.  There had to be a way out...

“Okay, just be careful, Ria, you can get into trouble enough on your own. You're trying to make them think you're a good girl." "It's no use, I just can't..." I slipped off the edge of the window and hung with a squeal, fingers wedged into the vent in a way that was the least comfortable thing I'd ever done. The vent held, though, as I dangled, and I pouted. "Well fuck." Though it did give me an idea... maybe I could get some momentum enough to swing and kick through the glass...

"Dot if you're not gonna help you should just shut up." Bridget gave me a weird look and I looked away nervously.  I knew talking to Dot was weird.  I knew it was a mouse.  But she was helping!  I wouldn't talk to her if she wasn't helping! "We gotta stay together.  They can't hurt us if we're together.  Two against one." Though so far I'd counted three of them…

"You're right, just remember to keep Bridget from making bad choices.  She needs you right now, doesn't she?" The question was interrupted, though, with the clattering of smashing glass, followed by my letting go of the vent and dropping down. "Fuck..." My fingers were bloodied from the steel grate, but the bigger concern was the large gash in my calf from the glass had caught it above my shoe, on the swing back from the shattered window. "So... that might have been a mistake..."

2 chapters within 24 hours? It's a little early for Christmas, don't you think? :)

Also I want to say it right now: I do not trust Dot. I think that rat is a double agent, trying to get on Ria's good side. Of course, I also didn't trust the Doctor Lady (can't think of her name at the moment) from Little Luzy. So take my judgment with a grain of salt.

Nora! :D And yes a small talking stuffed mouse is probably something to worry about!

I wanted to post a little bit more 'cause I know you guys deserve it. ^_^ I've been really busy and I haven't been updating as often as I want to.  

10.)

That was loud.  Scary and loud.  But the window... the window was broken.  We had a way out?  But Bridget was hurt.  I had to take action.  I had to step up.  So I ran over to my best friend and helped her to her feet. "No, no, this is good.  Come on, I know where to go.  I know how to get back to the front room, and then we can get to the library.  This way." Climbing over the window was hard, and it was a lot harder without getting covered in glass.  I got a few cuts on my hands, but nothing like Bridget's leg.  Pulling her over, though, when she could hardly walk was even more difficult. "I know it hurts, but it'll be okay.  It's just a little bit of blood."

"She's bleeding a lot... it looks serious. She could be hurt badly, Ria, what if it's better to get her to the doctor here? Being good and escaping is important, but what if she doesn't make it?" Despite being a voice of counsel mostly, Dot also seemed to reflect a lot of Ria's insecurities and worries and concerns, doubts in herself and her actions. I stumbled, trying to put my hand over the cut to stop the bleeding, and just getting my hand bloody. I was feeling dizzy. "Alright, okay.... which way?"

"This way." "Ria," the little mouse told me, and I shook my head.  Dot wasn't helping.  Dot was making it harder.  She didn't understand.  She didn't know how important it was we got out of here.  I pulled Bridget on my arm over to the door.  Luckily, I was always bigger than her.  I weighed more.  I was taller.  This wasn't so hard.  When we went through it, we were back in the main entrance area with the soft carpet.  Then I went to the left, to the library.

By the time we made it across the plush red carpet of the main entrance area, I slipped off my friends shoulder and hit the floor, wincing, because my leg gave out. "I'm fine, I'm fine, look, um..." Focus! "Go to the library and get what you need, I'll be fine..." I was trying to tear off a bit of fabric from what I was wearing, but with my fingers bloodied it didn't seem to be going well. Dot had nothing to say on this matter.

I bit my lip and looked at the girl on the floor, then at the foyer door.  Maybe it was unlocked.  But one good push on the huge oak doors proved otherwise.  I closed my eyes.  I was not good under pressure.  I wasn't sure what to do.  I had to make a decision.  I couldn't let my anxiety overwhelm me here.  So I leaned down and ripped off a part of my gown, against my better judgement, and tied it around her leg.  She wouldn't notice the diaper... she wouldn't. "Wait here.  I'll be right back.  Literally two seconds.  Two.  Um... take Dot.  Dot will look after you." And I thought I was anxious before.  It was so much worse without Dot...

I was bleeding badly enough that I didn't really know what I saw, not in the moment of it, although after tying off some measure of bandage with my cut-up fingers, I did contemplate what I'd seen her wearing under her gown. Between the doll, and the sucking of her thumb, it shouldn't have surprised me. Maybe it would, when I wasn't bleeding. The problem therein laid that when Ria got back from coming through a third set of doors, looking for a way into the library, she didn't find her best friend there anymore, nor any of her blood that had stained the carpet. Just her mouse stuffie.

This was the way.  I swear this was the way.  But I'd gotten turned around somewhere.  I shook my head, looking around the familiar room with the red carpets.  If I took the other door instead... but I should check on Bridget first.  I'd only been gone a minute or two, but Bridget wasn't where I'd left her.  Just the small mouse.  I picked up Dot and scrambled around the carpet to follow a trail of blood, but... there was no blood.  Panic rose in my chest.  No no no no no... "Dot where is she?  Dot, what happened?!"

"She's with the doctor." There was something akin to distress in the stuffie’s voice, which sounded out of place for a moment, and then not at all based on Ria's own state of mental being. "Probably in the operating theater, but if you go there, they'll know you haven't been being good and you won't be able to help her. Instead, do you think you should find the way out, then come back to find her?"

"No!!  I am not leaving Bridget behind!  I'm not..." I shook my head and closed my eyes.  Everything was wrong.  It should have been Bridget.  She should have gotten out.  She was the one that could save me.  Why was I always the one who had to save her?  If it was just the other way around, just once, I knew she could do it.  But I wasn't as good as her.  I wasn't capable like she was... "Where's the operating theater?  I gotta help her..."

"You remember," Dot prompted, with a ringing to the girls ears, a dizzy spell that followed. "Two doors past the library, and then down the hall." By now, Ria had her thumb firmly back in her mouth as she listened, and she clutched the mouse as close to her chest as she could, retracing her steps to head back into the very belly of the beast. When she got to the operating theater, though... when she pushed through that door, there was nobody in there. And the door clicked behind her quietly. There was a gurney and surgical instruments. And notes up on a chalkboard… about her?About her behavior. About the procedures they'd done, and the one they would. And there was an entire half of the board dedicated to details about Bridget.

11.)

Bridget wasn't here?  She had to be here.  Dot said... I looked down at the little stuffed mouse and shook my head.  Dot said.  Dot shouldn't say anything.  Dot was a stuffed animal!  Why was I so willing to accept it?  I threw the mouse across the room and shook my head.  This wasn't right.  I was tricked.  What was going on?!  But the chalkboard... notes on me.  Notes on Bridget?  Thumbsucking...?  I took my thumb out of my mouth and my cheeks went scarlet.  No.  No!  This wasn't me!

"Well now, what are you doing in here?" That wasn't the voice of the woman, or the librarian, not the voice of Soren, or anybody else pleasant... it was the doctor. The doctor with the indeterminate accent, the one that had performed her surgeries. "Come here, child." Coming toward him seemed to be something not on her agenda, but the door was locked, and he didn't seem at all concerned about her protests.

I shook my head and balled my hands into fists.  This was wrong.  All this was wrong! "What did you do with Bridget?!  What did you do to... to me?" That board.  The thumbsucking.  The wetting.  And the notes on my best friend.  I didn't understand.  I didn't know what this was!  I backed up until my back hit the wall of the theater, on the far side of the door.  I would not let that man anywhere near me!

Thumbsucking training. Friendship bonding. Regressive bladder therapy. There were more notes on Ria, too; proposals; speech inhibiting, memory auditing, reassignment of walking posture. A descending hierarchy of treatments to bring her in line with their expectations of her. The column on Bridget, though, was far far worse to look at. Sibling bonding therapy. Institution of interpersonal dependence, pair bonding, and... "Please don't bother yourself over those medical notes, my child, they're far beyond your understanding."

"They are not!  I am not a child!" They were treating me like a kid?  No, they were making me into one.  But I wasn't a kid!  I thought about the thumbsucking and the accidents I'd been having.  I never used to have accidents!  Did I?  Or did I wet the bed when I was younger?  What about my friend, Carolina?  My head hurt... "Give me my best friend back!" "Best friend?" "Bridget is my best friend!" She was more than that.  She was my crush.  She was my confidant.  I couldn't get by without her.  She was always there...

"Bridget is your sister, child.  Your older sister.” He walked in goose-step, horrifying with his confidence, and put one hand on her cheek as though she were nothing more than a pet to him. "Your sister, Bridget, worried so by your hysteria, by your illness, and your unwillingness to improve... drove herself quite mad, and wound up in here alongside. It must be quite the burden to know that your own stubborn obstinance did her so much harm."

I looked up at the man like he was crazy.  Sister?  I didn't even have a sister!  Bridget was my friend!  We went to college together!  I slapped his hand away and shoved the man as hard as I could, but all of a sudden, and very scarily, I went right through him and plummeted to the floor.  When I turned around, he was hovering over me.  He... he really was a ghost... wasn't he?  Fear welled up inside me, boiling over with tears on my cheeks. "Let us go.. let us go..!"

"I'm afraid it would be remiss of me to discharge you until you've accepted your treatments." As he spoke, a ghostly scene of the two of them unfolded on the gurney. Her laid down, him standing above her, and her eyes teary and her voice babbling, as he manipulated an instrument inside of her head. The scene vanished, and he pushed a needle into the distracted girls neck; not a true sedative to render her unconscious, but a relaxant, to render her immobile.

A vision?  On the gurney?  No, that wasn't real.  None of this was real.  Ghosts weren't real!  But I'd believe in ghosts my whole life.  The scene disappeared and I looked up at the man just as I felt the prick of a needle in my neck.  I reached up to swat his hand away and fell limp on the floor.  It was difficult, even then, to move my fingers, let alone my whole arm. "S-stop..."

"Don't worry, child, we'll cut a little deeper, a little further, and you'll remember who you are soon enough." Dot, the plush mouse, still in the crook of her arm, spoke for the first time in a while. "You didn't see how sad Bridget was, when she realized you didn't remember she was your sister? She was so distraught, hiding it so well for your sake." And like most things the mouse said, it sounded so real, so believable. And as the doctor laid her down on the gurney, and pulled back the still fresh bandages, there'd be a lot more words that would become truths in the hours of ghostly surgery that followed.

----

What fate awaits Ria and Bridget?  Another nine chapters (up to Ch. 20!) are available on Patreon!  Please consider supporting us! ^_^ 

• Like 1