LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

radical prostatectomy in young person to prevent prostate cancer when older?

This is a theoretical question. Do you think its feasible that a person in their 30s can have a radical prostatectomy to prevent prostate cancer because of family hisotry of cancer. Do you think if they outlined that they want all the prostate removing and are not concerned about maintaining continence or erection ability do you think a surgeon would do the surgery. If you went to some unscrupulous place in South Asia and had the sugary is there potential for a lot of complications, is it not just the case of having the prostate cut out and you sewn up. Would a person be able to go to a mainstream place in Thailand and have it done without many questions asked on the understanding prevention is better then the cure??

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" I belive is the saying. Surgery has the risk of complications. Also, We'll cross that bridge when we come to it". Besides which, they teach you to hold it pretty well, I know someone who had it out. So that will not help you at all, It is called Kegel exercise

You will have to look for another way to beat the system

I've always heard prostate cancer to be something you die with, not of.

I think because it is very treatable and easier to spot than other cancers though I'm not a doctor. In short, no. I don't think you will find a doctor that will perform radical surgery to eliminate the chance of something like cancer in the future. If that were the reason you could go ask for your brain, kidneys, lungs, liver, stomach, etc... all to be removed too, just in case!

I think you should ask those questions of a doctor and urologist.  People here can have a tendency to say anything weather it's good advice or not.  If your family has a history of prostate cancer and it is hereditary, even then I couldn't say weather having your prostate removed at an early age will help prevent you from getting any type of cancer.  Only a trained medical professional can give you that advice.  I have seen on TV where some women with a family history of breast cancer have mastectomies early in life as a precaution.

As far as going to some unscrupulous place like southeast Asia to get it done if no one here will do it, I think that is extremely stupid, and I don't care who flames me for saying it.  If your goal is to accomplish incontinence by having your prostate removed, there are other ways to become incontinent that are safer.  If doctor's here in the USA refuse to do the operation, then there is probably a very good reason for it.  After all, what will it accomplish spending thousands of dollars to go to some butcher in some foreign or third world country to make yourself incontinent only to die months later from the procedure or infections and not live to enjoy it?  My opinion, but this is an example of the fetish taking control of your life and influencing you to make life changing and possible life threatening actions.

I’ve heard of women having breasts removed to prevent breast cancer. But I’ve never heard of a man having his prostate removed as a preventative measure. This is absolutely something that you need to discuss with a doctor; and I agree with Rusty Pins that going to a third-world country to get the surgery would be stupid. 

• Like 1

To understand the nature of the question, look at the subforum it is in. There is a whole subculture of persons who try, and sometimes, succeed at damaging themselves, in most causes, to cash in on disability payments

Just wait a few years and your prostate will grow naturally and you will be mildly incontinent. Then it is just a matter of learning to do the rest. Any worthwhile surgeon will have too busy a schedule to play with fakers. I've had surgery twice and it was scheduled a fewmonths in advance. If you persist at it, you may find yourself being classified as a head case

As a registered nurse, I have a bit more knowledge than the average bear regarding this. LIke Elfy said, prostate cancer is something that you die with, usually not something that you die from. Yes, there are people that die from prostate cancer, this is fact, but cancer isn't just a one size fits all kind of thing. It's generally not a good idea to start hacking parts of your body out, because there are many unforeseen issues which can arise from that. Prostate cancer many times happens to much older men, and the likelihood is that with treatment, the cancer doesn't metastasize (spread to other parts of the body) and doesn't grow enough to be an issue, and you will likely die from something else such as heart disease before the prostate cancer kills you. Prostate cancer treatment has been more conservative as of late, with more radiation being done than radical prostatectomies, so finding a surgeon to cut it out given the complications that can arise from it will be difficult if not impossible. A surgeon will likely not do the surgery because the risk of complications doesn't outweigh the possible benefit, so they wouldn't want it on their record that they did the surgery that wasn't absolutely necessary. It's not a fair comparison to such things as breast cancer, which has a higher rate of metastasis and mortality, where a mastectomy can be performed prophylactically so prevent the possibility of cancer. 

Hope this all makes sense, but the bottom line is no, you will not find a surgeon in the developed world that will do this surgery for the reasons you describe.

• Like 2

I had a radical prostatectomy almost 3 years ago at the age of 70. Prostate cancer is easy enough to deal with if you get it early. After a mate of mine was diagnosed ( he couldn't pee), I had a PSA test. That was 11 years ago. These days my doctor rutinely gives an anual PSA test to the older guys. No douby lots of people have a prostatectomy when the cancer would not have killed them but then lots of people do die from the disease. If in years to come, routine tests suggest the possibility of prostate cancer, your urologist will carry out further tests before any decision is made to operate. It's no big deal. [My mate had radiation & hormone therapy and is now partially incontinent at the rear end.]  

Just over a year and half ago, I picked up a substantial UTI, and it impacted my prostrate.  PSA numbers were sky high but with a long strong antibiotic  course, my Doc was able to get it back in line.  Very close to losing prostrate at that point. We were already discussing surgery for that.

Having said this, if I get a repeat of this, at this stage I would elect to do the surgery as first option as the meds I have to take on regular basis for managing prostrate have other side effects not to mention that they are not cheap (something to think about now that I am retired and on Medicare)

And finally, I have had ED for over 10 years now, so losing prostrate or for that matter those hangy down things really doesn't matter to me any longer, the risk of a cancer is the biggest concern these days as I have a family history to be concerned about as well

Yes there are ways to do this but no you shouldn't for the reasons already given. If this is only being considered as a means to help achieve incontinence then you aren't on the right track.

It's slower but much better for you to do this mentally with voluntary physical involvement- not surgery. The end results will be the same but you'll have a much better life this way. Instead of seeing the slowness, relish each gain towards the goal and be happy with any progress you make however small it is. The end results are more satisfying this way for then you know that you did this all by yourself and you'; have gained confidence in then knowing how to achieve anything else you may want from life. The journey is more pleasant unrushed :)

Bettypooh

Firstly let me say, radical prostectecomy to facilitate incontinence is never going to happen.

But I'd like to clarify a few other things. Roughly the same number of men die from prostate cancer, as women die from breast cancer. Not die with, die from. It is the cancer that has one of the largest 'survival' rates because mainly it is a late onset disease and many of the sufferers will die from other causes.  When a 40 year old mother with young children dies it is a tragedy,  if a sixty year old man dies, well, he's had a good innings.

Prostate cancer, is spotted in family clusters, the same way as breast cancer. In fact, the same gene mutation BRCA1 and 2 that leads to some nasty forms of breast cancer, can also cause prostate cancers. And it leads to nasty, high grade prostate cancers as well. So there could be a place for prophylactic radical prostatectomy.  If you have high rates of breast and prostate cancer in your family,  you are tested positive for one of those gene mutations,  you are older and have finished having your family, and you are crazy anxious about getting cancer, maybe you might be a candidate. The surgery has been done in the past, but not often.  And probably doctors are going to want some signs that there are already some changes to your prostate. But I doubt you will get it under your health insurance, or under your countries health scheme. You'd better be rich.

I'm not raising breast cancer to be a men's right prick, because those guys shit me. Just as a useful comparison to demonstrate that prostate cancer is a serious disease. Guys take your health seriously. Be proactive in managing your own health.

• Like 1