LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The official rant release thread

I was supposed to meet my sister Tuesday night and I waited an hour at her house but she didn't show. No phone contact with her or her family either, it's as if I was being ignored :badmood: Later that night she called and told me there had been a medical emergency but all was OK now. So consider this a resolved rant with a very thankfully happy ending ;)

Bettypooh

• 3 months later...

Wow. I would've expected a few more posts than this... Anyway. Here's mine! We bought our first home last year. It's been a pain almost the whole time because we keep finding things the the previous owners neglected, did half-a**, or just didn't make sense what-so-ever. Well you'd figure that you get something back from Uncle Sam because you bought a home. NOPE! We owe $4200 to the good ole IRS and, somehow, $2000 to the escrow company. Now we have to pay the escrow by the end of the month or our mortgage will go up $200. And because someone filed the taxes wrong (Not me), we owe and additional $400 for last years taxes. We had planned on having a kid this year, but with these debts on top of finding out that we don't even qualify for the tax credit it looks like I'll be the only one in the house wearing diapers.

Wow. I would've expected a few more posts than this... Anyway. Here's mine! We bought our first home last year. It's been a pain almost the whole time because we keep finding things the the previous owners neglected, did half-a**, or just didn't make sense what-so-ever. Well you'd figure that you get something back from Uncle Sam because you bought a home. NOPE! We owe $4200 to the good ole IRS and, somehow, $2000 to the escrow company. Now we have to pay the escrow by the end of the month or our mortgage will go up $200. And because someone filed the taxes wrong (Not me), we owe and additional $400 for last years taxes. We had planned on having a kid this year, but with these debts on top of finding out that we don't even qualify for the tax credit it looks like I'll be the only one in the house wearing diapers.

Man, that sounds rough.  You should really get after the previous owners about those things, and if they're still giving you grief, I'd file a case in the small claims court.  I hope things get better for you.

Real Estate law varies from place to place (a LOT) but you may find some financial relief paths open to you. Past tax filings can be amended and with the IRS there's no limit how far back you can go though State re-filings may have a time limit. The IRS ill work out a payment plan with you as long as you act before deadlines, and most States are similar. So ebven though money is tight, you need to spend a bit to consult a good Real Estate attorney ;)

On the house itself, anything seriously wrong which the previous owner knew about but did not reveal in writing is probably an opening for you to get the costs of rectifying them back. The time limit for that is usually short for aesthetic matters and longer for structural matters- where I live it's 1 year and 13 years for a new home or 1 year and 5 years on an existing home. Laws are very specific on this and on how such defects are to be determined. You may need to hire a licensed Home inspector or a Licensed contractor to verify your findings before you can file suit. Real Estate Law is more complex than any other part of the Law and you really can't do much on your own without a lawyer outside of Small Claims Court, and sometimes some Real Estate matters are exempted from there because other means are in place to handle them. Things like this are far more commonplace than you imagine- a fact which Realtors do not want you to know, especially those working for the seller.

Sorry to hear of your problems but get a Lawyer and you may find some relief!

Bettypooh

I dunno if this counts but I figured I'd try here anyway, 'cos I'm not sure if it's a 'tip of the ice-berg' scenario where I'll end up relapsing a bit if it festers :wacko: : 

I am just incredibly pissed off at the comics fandom on tumblr right now, specifically in regards to how they look down their nose at anything that isn't grim, dark and gritty. Like, it just feels like as if "This character's happy? Or has a positive outlook on tackling serious issues? They're immature and not worth a goddamn thing." And it's always the criticism that echoes loudest around everywhere, despite the fact that these are the one's who 1) Weren't reading the book when it took that direction and 2) Still aren't going to buy it if even if it meets 99% of their requirements--meanwhile the sales keep dropping because the changes just alienated the audience who were invested prior. But god help you if you actually enjoy it--suddenly you're considered "deficient" or "incapable of complex reasoning"--when, more often than not, it's the lighter-hearted tales that slowly build up towards a heavier message and thus make it more meaningful 'cos of the simple contrast, the 'Oomf!' it feels in relation to everything else. 

Ugh, it's nonsensical I know--but I guess I'm just tired of everyone trying to look down their nose at these things; takes me back to when people would talk down to me for similar things irl. Or the same thing, depending on what the conversation was. -_-;; 

(Sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but this helped :unsure: