LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hybrid Diapers

Wetpants

Recently, because of family situations, I've had a bit more time to indulge my diaper lover interests.  For the last several years, I've only had a few hours here or there, or an infrequent day, to relax and release my stresses.

Two weeks ago, I had to the chance to have an entire weekend (actually 3 days) to wear and enjoy.  It's been the first time in many years that I"ve been able to take my "special things" out and look though all the stuff I've accumulated over the years.  I was also able to wash and clean many of the adult and kids cloth diapers that I don't use now.  In the short times available to me, I've found that my only practical diaper scenarios can involve disposable diapers and one great pair of plastic pants.   This is far more easy to use and deal with then clandestinely washing cloth diapers which are actually my favorite.

However, I've found some issues with disposables, even the highly absorbent top dollar kind.  To me at least, it seems as if they don't quickly absorb a long, strong stream of urine.  I'll grant you they are mega absorbent and hold a huge amount, but it seems to take them a distinct amount of time to absorb fluids into their core.   This is particularly annoying if I wear when I'm laying down.....urine  seems leak out the waist before it gets take in.  Secondly, even though the disposable diapers can deal with and absorb insane loads of urine when standing, almost to the point of exploding, the  moisture never seems to distribute to, and saturate the rear of the diaper.

So I experimented yesterday and found a great solution for me.  I now take a ConfiDry 24/7 disposable, fold it in half and break the filling clumps up, and then line it with 3 old Birdseye kids cloth  diapers from front to back.  It seems that the well washed cloth diapers immediately deal with strong streams and quickly transfer it to the highly absorbent SAP containing disposable.  Even better, the cloth seems to continue wicking moisture to the back of the diaper, so that area is now functional and greatly increases capacity before needing to change.

Last night I set up a diaper like this, only adding a disposable booster, and was able to remain in bed and wet, waking up with a totally dry bed in the morning.  Typically, I wake up at night when I feel the urge (damn that ingrained potty training), stand by the side of the bed, wet, wait till I think it's all absorbed and I'm safe, and get back into bed.  Not anymore.  It also seems to solve the problem of wet being squeezed out as I roll around at night while only using cloth diapers, since it eventually gets locked in the disposible's SAP core.

Does anyone take this approach?  I know it's not very environmentally friendly, from either stand point...but it feels so good.

The biggest difference between cloth and disposables are the fact that cloth will wick wetness throughout the diaper while disposables will tend to lock it away in one area.  Yes, I have used thinner cloth baby diapers folded in half as an inner lining in my disposable diaper.  It helps wick the wetness throughout the diaper and gives me a wetter feeling all over.

2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

The biggest difference between cloth and disposables are the fact that cloth will wick wetness throughout the diaper while disposables will tend to lock it away in one area.  Yes, I have used thinner cloth baby diapers folded in half as an inner lining in my disposable diaper.  It helps wick the wetness throughout the diaper and gives me a wetter feeling all over.

When you put the baby diaper inside of your adult diaper do you adhere it in anyway?  Also do you place it in the middle or towards the front?

I have some thin baby diapers given to me by a DL friend.  I don't usually use a cloth diaper in my disposable but the few times I have, I've folded it in half lengthwise and placed it right down the middle of the disposable, front to back.  I try and have it evenly spaced but it's usually not quite long enough to reach the top in both front and back.  I do not adhere it anywhere but it might be a good idea for the future.  When soaked if the disposable is a little loose the cloth diaper can (and has) fallen down in the bottom of my disposable and bunched up.  Not much of a problem when out wearing jeans or pants to help hold it tight, but when in just a diaper, it will fall down inside.  I just don't know a good way to secure the cloth diaper inside at the tops of the disposable so it won't fall down.  Maybe with safety pins but then those might compromise the integrity of the outer cover of the disposable.