LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Experiences From Wearing Diapers

Recently I have been reminiscing of my journey down the path of wearing diapers full time.  Some of the lessons I have learned while taking this journey I would like to share with this forum.  The path has been very winding, with a lot of ups and a lot of downs.  I give you my personal experiences in hopes it will help anyone that has questions with their own desire to wear diapers.  I will focus on questions that I see most frequently asked on this forum.

Part 1.

"How do I get my significant other to accept me wearing diapers?"

This question is perhaps the most scrutinized, debated, and analyzed topic amongst our lifestyle.  All of us share a common desire to be accepted while wearing diapers by those that we love and those that love us in return.  The answer to this question is complex and different for each and everyone of us.  This is because our desire to wear diapers differs from individual to individual and what works in one relationship may not work in another.  Making things more complicated is that feelings change throughout a lifetime for both the person wearing diapers and the significant other that loves them.  These changes can be both physical and emotional and truly makes what already could be complicated much more confusing.

There is only one person who you can control accepting that you wear diapers...YOU!  How can anyone expect a significant other to accept their partner in diapers if they can not accept themselves wearing them.  Only you know what diapers mean to you and how much they need to be a part of who you are.  A great exercise for gaining acceptance of yourself wearing diapers is to stand in front of a full lengthed mirror wearing nothing but a diaper.  What do you see staring back at you?  Does that image make you happy or sad?  Are you ashamed, embarrassed, or proud?  Do you want to rip your diaper off or parade around in it in the streets?  Staring back at you is the most important person that needs to accept you and your desires to wear diapers.

Diapers for me are a part of who I am both on the inside and on the outside.  Wearing them makes me happy and makes me feel better emotionally.  I have embraced my need for diapers and I accept myself being in them.

After accepting yourself wearing diapers you need to be honest with yourself and your significant other about diapers.  In a relationship, trust and honesty are everything.  Acceptance can not be achieved without trust.  Only you have the answers of what diapers mean to you and you control how truthful you are when sharing those feelings.  Hiding those feelings or being dishonest about them in a relationship I personally discourage as it will only make acceptance so much more harder from your significant other.

A few lucky people in our lifestyle have found a partner that accepts them unconditionally, diapers and all.  For these fortunate individuals communicating their desires of wearing diapers is a lot less complicated.  For majority of us it is not so simple.  

So when do I have the talk?  That answer only you know.  In my relationship I was open about wearing diapers from the very beginning.  I do think that it is something you do not necessarily have to share on your first date however.  Sharing with your significant other that you wear diapers is very intimate and makes you very vulnerable.  I recommend that before it is shared that you establish a level of trust with your partner.  The stronger your trust and respect are for one another can only benifit you being accepted for wearing diapers by your partner.  Love also can be a determining factor when it comes to acceptance and diapers.  I can say without a shadow of doubt that if my wife did not love me unconditionally we would not be together today because of my choice to wear diapers.

We all want the talk to be easy.  "Honey, by the way I like to wear diapers."  "That is great my love, go and get a diaper and I will put you in one right now."  In reality the more common reaction is "What?"  This talk needs to be complete.  You need to have uninterrupted privacy away from children or roomates.  As soon as your desires are shared give it some time to be analyzed.  You need to be prepared to answer all the questions your significant other will have.  I work as a field service engineer and the greatest tool in my profession is knowledge.  Always have the answers when others do not know or do not understand.  You know what diapers mean to you in your life and that is what you need to discuss and explain in full detail.  Sharing the posts on Daily Diaper forums may help a loved one to understand more about wearing diapers and that there is a whole community who shares similar desires than you.  Remember though, what one person posts may not accurately describe you and your feelings.

When I first shared with my wife that I liked to wear diapers it was one week into our relationship.  I wanted her to know this about me immediately so that there was no secrets between us.  I felt it was only right for her to decide if it was something she could accept before our feelings got stronger for one another.  Our initial conversation went very well.  She was not disgusted or judgemental.  If anything she was curious and understanding.  I was exhilarated that the talk went so well.  At the time, wearing diapers was an every once in awhile occurrence.  Shortly after telling her about my love for diapers she spent one weekend role-playing as my Mommy and she enthusiastically put me in diapers.  I remember how amazed I felt because she diapered me with such expertise.  Never had someone diapered me so perfect.  Later I would find out it was because she had cared for both of her grandparents and changed their diapers as their health began to diminish.  Essentially I had a partner who was a caring, nurturing woman that was sexually turned on by fetish lifestyles and was an expert at changing adult diapers.  I was very happy but that would soon change.

My talk was not thorough enough with my wife.  I quickly found that out one night when I put a diaper on while going with her to a local  bar.  To me wearing diapers out in public was a normal and acceptable thing but for her it was something that only occurred in the bedroom.  We aggressively fought about it the entire drive to the bar and I ended up removing my diaper which left me feeling unhappy.  

In my talk I failed to inform my wife of everything.  I just assumed acceptance of me in diapers was unconditional.  My wife found it embarrassing that I was around family and friends while wearing diapers and was very concerned someone would find out.  If I would have shared with her all the details of my diaper wearing I would have prevented the confusion and disappointment.  Most importantly I would not have put her in such an uncomfortable situation.

Although I am a girl on the inside and the diapers I wear are very pink I will speak from a male perspective here.  By nature and by our society most woman are programmed to not accept their partner wearing diapers.  Biologically, they subconsciously seek out a mate which offer the strongest genes and most dominant traits to pass on to their offspring.  Our society associates diapers with babies.  This is why in our lifestyle wearing and even using a diaper is what we tend to desire the most.  Diapers are the common bond for all of us.  Seeing a man in a used diaper can be confusing for a woman and her feelings.  She may ask herself am I with a baby or a man?  Can she be emotionally and sexually attracted to a partner that wears diapers?  These are questions she must answer inside herself.  Does that mean that the best man can not wear diapers?  Absolutely not.  It simply means that it can be very challenging for a woman to understand and accept a partner in diapers.

Feelings can change over time when it comes to wearing diapers.  As adult babies and diaper lovers almost all of us know about the ups and downs of the binge and purge cycles we experience.  Sometimes we can not have enough diapers and yet other times we lock them away and try to throw away the key.  This cycle can repeat itself over and over again and leave even those wearing the diapers in a state of confusion.  Now imagine what your partner feels.  One minute you are in diapers and the next minute you are throwing them away.  One minute you want to be incontinent and the next minute after you have had a sexual release you are out of diapers for good.  This is stressful on everyone and unfortunately a lot of relationships experience this.  It takes a very special partner to go through these ups and downs with you.  For my wife and I it was actually easier when I decided to wear diapers fulltime as this alleviated the binge and purge cycles.   

In my relationship both my wife's feelings and my feelings changed drasically multiple times in regards to diapers.  When my wife became pregnant she became extremely sick.  We went from having sexual relations daily to none at all.  As a subsitute I started wearing diapers more and more to help relieve my sexual tensions.  As I did so my wife became more and more irritated with my need to wear diapers.  She emotionally had changed and could not accept changing both her husband's diapers and her newborn's diapers at the same time.  She aggressively demanded I take my diapers off and act as a father.  Initially that is what I did.  Soon my need for padding between my legs had me wearing woman's panties filled with maxipads.  In my mind I was not wearing diapers but in my wife's eyes I went from a baby to a sissy.  Initially the maxipads were simply a replacement for diapers but wearing panties made me feel more and more feminine.  As time passed my wife became more and more frustrated with my lifestyle change and our relationship suffered.

Sometimes things do not work out.  Sometimes a significant other can not accept their partner in diapers.  You are now at a crossroad.  If faced with this unfortunate scenario you have three choices that you can make and have control over.  The only right choice is the one that is right for you and your relationship.  You have to ask yourself how important are diapers to you and how bad do you need to be in them.  

A compromise with your partner is the most reasonable choice to make out of respect for one another.  In a compromise, communication is key from both partners so that you can find a happy medium based off of mutual respect.  Take the time to seriously listen to your partner and be prepared to give a little or even a lot.  Remember, only you know how much you need to wear diapers.

I knew inside my heart I would not trully be be happy if I could not wear diapers so I chose not to take them off.  This is the selfish approach and truthfully puts your needs in front of your partners.  However, I also knew that not wearing diapers would make me miserable and dishonest because I would have secretly worn behind her back.  As I chose not to take my diapers off my wife too had to make a choice.  This was a stressful time in our relationship.  As the days went on we began fighting almost everyday over my diapers.  Eventually we determined that we needed marriage counseling and we went and met with a therapist.  We learned how to comminicate and how to constructively fight with one another which was very beneficial to us.  Then we had to talk about diapers.  I felt my therapist knew nothing about the ABDL lifestyle and even fetishes in general.  This caused me to become disconnected with the sessions and I began to regret even attending marriage counseling.  I began wearing diapers more and more to include at work and around the family.  

Choosing to wear diapers against your partner's wishes is a difficult decision to make.  If you choose to do so you have to accept there may be consequences from your choice.  In my heart I wanted my partner to accept me for who I had become and to love me unconditionally.  I drew a line in the selfish sand.  Now my wife had a decision to make.  Does she stay with someone that she felt chose diapers over her feelings?

If diapers are going to cost you a realtionship with your significant other you can always take them off.  For most people in our community to do so is almost impossible.  Even in our strongest purge cycle it seems there is always that little sliver of desire that makes us go back to wearing diapers time and time again.  Love here may help you.  If you love someone so much maybe that feeling is strong enough to help you permanently stop wearing diapers.  Obviously seeing a therapist would be another option.  You are the only one that can decide.  Be confident in your decision regardless of the concequences and move on with your life.

My wife chose to stay.  At first that decision made her resent me at times.  She had little to no involvement with my diapers and I felt very alone.  I knew I had been selfish.  I knew I had hurt her for choosing diapers over her.  Wearing diapers seemed to be a constant reminder of the choice I made and she rightfully ignored anything to do with them.  Over time we began to talk about diapers more and more.  Although we both knew that I would not stop wearing them I listened to her concerns about me in them.  She finds that I wear diapers embarrassing and was continously concerned someone would find out about it.  Listening to her concerns, I spent the time and money to make wearing diapers as discreet as possible.  I purchased onesies and diaper fixing pants to help hide my diapers and gradually her fears began to diminish.  She seemed to appreciate my attempt to listen to her and things began to open up between us.  

As our relationship started to get better I soon realized that the best way to gain her acceptance was my attitude and how I treated her.  I decided I wanted to make up for my choice to stay in diapers by cherishing everything about my wife.  I loved her with all my being and soon she was happy again.  As her happiness grew so did her acceptance of me wearing diapers.  She accepted I needed them and began to truly love me unconditionally.  Sexual relations between us was another thing entirely however.

It is not easy for most woman to be sexually attracted to a man acting like a baby.  A lot of littles care little of their partners wants and more of their own sexual and emotional needs.  I have always said part of being a baby is that you are selfish and need all your cares and desires to be provided.  We all have an idea what the perfect caregiver is for us and we like to pout if things are not perfectly played out how we invisioned in our minds.  In my experience, finding a partner that is open and free spirited with sexual relations helps to be accepted by a significant other that will accept your diaper desires.  Some people are just made to be a Mommy or Daddy.  A partner that enjoys and understands fetishes helps as well.  Does that mean a sheltered and inexperienced partner can not accept their loved ones wearing diapers?  No.  Sharing your desires to wear diapers may bring excitement to a partner that has never experienced something out of the ordinary.  My wife told me it is easier to accept she is married to a sex freak in diapers when she is a sex freak herself.

My wife and I share a special sex life.  Once I decided to wear diapers all the time sexual intercourse in the traditional sense was never going to be the same.  In the bedroom I am a little girl and not a man.  Initially our intimate time consisted of me nursing on her breasts.  This was perfect for us as my wife's nipples are the most sensitive parts on her body.  Breastfeeding excited both of us immensely.  It usually always led to me making love to her with one of the many toys she owns and me releasing into my diaper.  Every now and then Mommy needed to take her little girl and she would make love to me.  Sex lasted about ten seconds and was over before it began.  

Of course woman have sexual needs and as her little girl I could never meet those.  I tried at times to be a man in the bedroom so to speak but almost everytime I would end up back in a diaper.  My wife became very sexually frustrated and it effected the attention she gave her little girl.  Imagine as a significant other that is sexually frustrated changing their partner's diapers everyday.  It is a constant reminder of that frustration everytime their diaper is untaped and pulled down.  

Since I chose diapers full time I knew it would be unfair to expect my wife to live sexually frustrated.  I encouraged her to look for a "man" outside of our marriage so that her sexual tensions could be relieved.  For years she refused to do so as she could not morally allow herself to commit infidelity.  She lived life making love to toys and masturbating.  Then an ex-boyfriend contacted her on Facebook.   We both discussed the scenario of her having sex with another man and we both agreed that this was what we needed in our relationship.  I am often asked about how I can allow another man to have sexual relations with my wife.  It is a sacrifice I make to allow my wife to be happy.  That I feel was owed to her when I made the decision to wear diapers.  She is now sexually satisfied which in turn makes her much more playful with her baby girl.  Diaper changings are no longer a reminder of what she can not have.

This obviously will not work in most relationships.  It takes a certain kind of love and respect for one another.  Only you and your partner can decide sexually what works best for you when it comes to diapers.  I do recommend that you try your hardest to provide to your partner what ever it is they need sexually even if it means taking your diapers off for a little while.  I was unable to do so and thankfully my wife and I collectively found a solution to take care of her needs.

I have been in diapers fulltime now for over a month.  My relationship with my wife is honeslty the best it has ever been.  I may not be what she needs sexually but I am definately her soulmate emotionally.  I try and make up for the decision I made to wear diapers everyday and she adores the attention it brings to our relationship.  She also feels a lot of power and control now she did not feel in the past.  The dynamics of our realtionship changed and now she is the dominant one.  She really enjoys this.  She can also use my diapers to her benifit.  If I am rude or disrespectful she will just punish me by not having anything to do with me in diapers.  No changes, no diaper checks, and no sexual attention.  I become very obedient when she stops caring for her little girl.  We are so open about diapers with one another and she has changed my diaper more in this past month than in our entire relationship.  We are both very happy.  This is a recent text conversation my wife and I had...

Me:  "On a honest note....and I know how you feel about me talking about it....but I need to know...I am at a crossroads I feel.  My unpotty training is rapidly progressing faster than I have expected.  Wearing diapers full time has become very natural to me.  I feel sooner than later means I will be at a point of no return and I am happy with that.  The only way I will regret it is if you will ever grow to hate me because of it.  I apologize for talking about this....I do not want to hurt you....I just want to be sure becoming diaper dependant will not hurt us in anyway." 

My wife:  "I love you and accept you for who you are."

"I cannot imagine my life without you."

"I love you with my whole being."

I hope some of my experiences with my partner will help some of you in your relationships.  What worked for us will not work for most.  Never give up.  Love in the end found a way and I hope it will do the same for you as well.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Although I am a girl on the inside and the diapers I wear are very pink I will speak from a male perspective here.

So you are transgender.

What are diaper fixing pants? 

You said you were female on the inside. That is basically what being transgender is. They feel they are born with the wrong body and their inside gender does not match the outside. Some don't come out and decide to transition until late in life like Caitlin Jenner did or my ex. 

On the outside I am so male...very aggressive and dominant even though under my clothes is a very pink diaper.  I know sexually I desire to be treated as a baby girl which I guess sometimes transfer over.  Its funny you mention Caitlin Jenner as my wife asked me the other day if that is who I wanted to be.

Do you feel comfortable with your body? Do you feel you were born with the wrong outside gender? Is it distressing having to live as male in the public? Those kinds of things. 

I am not really sure.  I know when I look between my legs it reminds me more of being a girl.  During my childhood I was severely abused by my stepmother and yes she did use messy pants and diapers to humiliate me.  As I become an adult I became completely turned on by humilation.  My wife says she has to live with my stepmothers sins.  So where I derive pleasure in being humiliated by being treated as a girl it has I guess become somewhat of an identity.  I know, so complicated.

• 11 months later...