LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Site Glitches

Well, I'm able to fill out this thread, so that's an improvement. Something seemingly broke yesterday, at least for me,reverting the site back to October 25th and deleting large portions of many threads. (Splinter has been reduced to nothing but a single chapter title and a fragmented discussion about the story, for example.) Until now, I also wasn't able to fill out the body of threads. We'll see if this one actually posts. 

In any case, I'm curious if any one knows what's going on, or if I'm the only one having this?

I say this without officially knowing what happened...

The site was rolled back a week to try and get rid of the malware that was on the website. As for the posts getting cut off, I'm not sure why that is but as someone with maybe a hundred or more story updates, I do hope the full posts come back!

I was super confused to what happened cause it looked like no one had been replying for a week but I remembered being on a couple days ago. So I was just really confused but I'm glad it's working again even though some posts are missing. 

Not sure but with my computer, there is the ability to go back to any previous date and the computer will reset itself to just how it was on that date.  I believe that is to correct any update that may have caused a problem with the operating system or even possibly remove a virus that could have been picked up.  It won't affect any photos or documents saved to your hard drive, but possibly to get rid of the malware Mikey rolled back the site about a week, and in doing so it wiped out any posts made after the date of the roll back.  Small price to pay if it gets rid of the problem.

From what I can gather the Malware Attack was in some form of gleaning user IDs and mining hits on ads.

My Norton 360 anti-virus was working overtime to kill these incidents and was successful.

I hope that in the roll back to October 25 that all the posts in the meantime can be salvaged or dug out of

some archive files otherwise all the posters and entries are going to have to be reposted - hope everyone

had back-ups especially the Stories section !

See rusty pins has a post will have to post this and come back !

RE: some of the stories (of interest to me) I have edited* and saved in a separate file in/on NotePad - so those are not lost if the author did not save his work.

*edited - removed all readers comments kudos and interruptions to the flow of the story - condensed to just simply - title to end or work in progress.

So some of the stories I can offer help in restoring - will wait to see if this is necessary !

Most of the role plays have last post at 25th October. 

Hopefully they'll be back to normal soon. I understand that something had happened with the site so I fully understand. 

Here's the public news on this:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/a-surge-of-sites-and-apps-are-exhausting-your-cpu-to-mine-cryptocurrency/

Clearly, chat and forums fell victim, and DD is having difficulty eradicating the problem.  This is the second time it's happened.  This reversion to week-old backups is at least a temporary fix.   Watch for unjustified CPU utilization or suddenly laggy operations, and block any access to "coinhive" type sites.  Apparently it shows up as a javascript injection somehow; that was what happened last time.

Well all I know is because of the roll back (which was necessary to get rid of the malware) I could not post anything in the forum and I saw that the chat was not working.   That might explain why there were so few posts in the forum.   However, I understand all of that if in the long run it will keep my computer safe from malware.   However, in honor of the glitches I would just like to say that DD has been taken over by the glitch gremlin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also noticing when I view a member's profile, their posts show on their activity and then they disappear within seconds showing either quotes from another post someone else made or few words they wrote. I am also noticing in threads I will only see quoted posts but no actual post. This is annoying. 

Please do not post the works of others without their permission.    I do not wish to see my works posted with someone else's user ID,.  

If and when this site ever becomes usable again, I'll repost my stories.   Most of my older ones were trashed badly by the last InVision upgrade.

chat is back...apparently the forum brains are slightly addled.  Not all profiles are OK, many posts are truncated.

Mikey and helpers are doing what they can, but they still aren't certain of the precise route the malware used to get onto the server, and Mikey's dad has some potentially terminal health issues.

2 hours ago, cute little kokiri girl said:

all so a lot of the stories and rp's have been deleted as well, like Chasing Emily, The promise, and Wrong is Wrong.

Yes.  Including Dr.Baby was affected.  I'll miss being able to backtrack and read my comedy duo.  You and BabyGoth together reminded me of Lucy and Ethel from I Love Lucy at times.

3 minutes ago, cute little kokiri girl said:

thank you so much for that really means a lot. and I hope this can be fixed.

You're welcome.  I had a lot of laughs.  That's always good.:)