LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I got a Couple Cloth Diaper Questions

NAUGHTY

Question

Recently bought 12 cloth diapers and 6 pairs of plastic pants (Is that a proper ratio?) and have been noticing the differences between cloth and disposables, chief among them is that the bulkiness is quite different to me; with disposables you get kind of a bubble-butt look, but with the cloth ones I get a....diaper wedgie? lol. Not sure what else to call it; not nearly as uncomfortable as it SOUNDS, but indeed quite different from what I'm used to. The bulk is somewhat apparent through my shortalls and jammies, definitely moreso on my jammies because I double-diaper at night. I've just been wondering if this type of "wedgie bulk" is normal/typical for adults and babies using cloth diapers,

4 answers to this question

Hi, yes this is quite normal for bulky, I myself don’t mind it at all. Sounds like the ratio of diaper and plastic pants are about right, just depends on how often u do laundry. Hope this helps.

I found the same thing happened with the traditional flat pre fold diapers  alot of side bulk......   try getting some  flat contour diapers    they do have a better fit .... the all in ones are fun to.... cant beat the capacity  but vinal pants just dont crinkle right

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:21 AM, NAUGHTY said:

Recently bought 12 cloth diapers and 6 pairs of plastic pants (Is that a proper ratio?) and have been noticing the differences between cloth and disposables, chief among them is that the bulkiness is quite different to me; with disposables you get kind of a bubble-butt look, but with the cloth ones I get a....diaper wedgie? lol. Not sure what else to call it; not nearly as uncomfortable as it SOUNDS, but indeed quite different from what I'm used to. The bulk is somewhat apparent through my shortalls and jammies, definitely moreso on my jammies because I double-diaper at night. I've just been wondering if this type of "wedgie bulk" is normal/typical for adults and babies using cloth diapers,

Yes, that is normal. It can be avoided by using a "bikini twist." You can look up a diagram online to see how to do a bikini twist fold. It might not work as well for double diapers, though. A bikini twist is generally used on babies with fat legs. I use a single flannel cloth diaper with a Zorb soaker panel to avoid the bulk of multiple diapers but still have good absorbency.

If you think about how the diaper is stressed in wearing you can see that getting a 'wedgie' is caused by having more vertical stress than horizontal. A too-long diaper (front-to-back) will cause this as will your pinning techniques. For me anyway, its the side-bulk of cloth diapers that I love most about them, and to get the most of that requires equal or more horizontal stress than vertical. I use square diapers with a "V" fold and tuck excess end material inside before pinning. There's a prefect fold and pinning location for you too; all you've got to do is think about what part of the diaper needs to move and in which direction then go with it ;) Experimenting is half the fun. Bliss occurs when you finally get everything just right :girl_happy:

Bettypooh