LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers and autism

I think there is a definite connection between older teens and young adults with Autism that have difficulty with some sort of incontinence and need the use of diapers. There are many degrees of Autism so I am certainly not saying all older teens and young adults need diapers and suffer from incontinence, but one major thing that someone with Autism does suffer from is the ability to focus and are easily distracted. So imagine if an Autistic Teen or Younger Adult is engaged in something and they have the urge to urinate or have a bowel movement they may not even become aware of it until it is too late. Hence the need for diapers.

I have noticed a high population of them in the ABDL community but that goes for transgender too and other disorders. According to a survey I once found online, it showed only 5% of ABDLs have an ASD but that is still higher than the general population so it is higher in the ABDL

Actually, if you look up what autism is, diapers and ageplay seem like a natural component to an autistic individual. This is not to say everyone with autism would enjoy ageplay and/or diapers, but a person with autism may find it more comforting to be in a position full of routines (naptime, mealtime, diaper changes, etc. ) wherein they are not expected to hold conversations about socially complex (i.e. adult) topics that may otherwise be expected of them in public, not to mention those with autism who hold strong fascination and enjoyment for baby or toddler things. For example, I have a friend, both ABDL and autistic, who is utterly obsessed with Barney the dinosaur. In a mature adult setting, that might seem odd or - at worst - laughable, but when you're in an environment that encourages enjoyment of things intended for very small children, that doesn't seem odd at all, and it makes sense he would prefer an environment that gives his identity a positive reception is much more enticing than one that would treat such an obsession negatively.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, BabyLexisMommy said:

I think there is a definite connection between older teens and young adults with Autism that have difficulty with some sort of incontinence and need the use of diapers. There are many degrees of Autism so I am certainly not saying all older teens and young adults need diapers and suffer from incontinence, but one major thing that someone with Autism does suffer from is the ability to focus and are easily distracted. So imagine if an Autistic Teen or Younger Adult is engaged in something and they have the urge to urinate or have a bowel movement they may not even become aware of it until it is too late. Hence the need for diapers.