LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Lost and the Broken (Updated 9/15/2020) No really!

I haven't read the new update yet, but I'm good with you going ahead with the next one.  Don't be fooled.  bbykimmy is abnormal as a poster, and she will be the first to say so.

glad to hear that. I wasn't thrilled that I had a "reputation" for infrequent posting. Aside from one period of troubles I've tried to be pretty consistent. lol.

4 minutes ago, vampire4 said:

glad to hear that. I wasn't thrilled that I had a "reputation" for infrequent posting. Aside from one period of troubles I've tried to be pretty consistent. lol.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to bash you or anything. Lord knows I was about as inconsistent as they come when I was posting Angel Hunter. So I've go no legs to stand on. Do whatever's you feel is right, V4. :)

All i can say is, "Very interesting." 

Can't wait for more. Though, unlike Trip, i had already started on think of Dane as a continued character that might show up from time to time. I wasn't overly hurt when he died, but it did sadden me some.

To be honest, I didn't really expect a lot of sadness as far as Dane was concerned. He was more a means to an end, highlighting Oz and his views as a leader.

I wanted to make the connection between Tali and Miles as well, as I had hinted at it for some time. There are a few characters that will pop back up from time to time, and the relationships that Rain has with these people will be integral to her story.

The mystery nagged at her as a silence descended. Miles seemed reluctant to continue. Tali had to physically get up and take his hand before he looked at her again. Rain was struck with the idea that she had never seen Miles falter before. He was a distant and stoic leader at the best of times, and it was frightening to see weakness in him now.

“I have an implant deep in my body. Now, implants aren’t exactly a new thing. You could go to New Vegas right now and get one. Some make you smarter, some can make you stronger. One is called the Phoenix Regeneration System. It heals the body from minor wounds, slowly.”

Rain shook her head, confused. “What I saw wasn’t a slow healing of a minor injury. You were dead, Miles.”

“As far as I can tell, it seems to be a new model of the Phoenix system, a prototype. It repairs my body at a cellular level, it can even restart my heart if needed. Minor injuries heal instantly, and I don’t age as far as I can tell. I’ve never seen anything like it, and to this day, I haven't found anything that can kill me.”

“What about your arm? Coughing up blood?”

Tali cleared her throat. “His body for some reason, is rejecting it, which is always a risk. That’s why normally you don’t just shove those things in there willy-nilly. The prototype is dormant for the most part, and only partially activates for minor injuries. When his body suffers major trauma, it activates completely, and that’s when his body notices it, acting as though it's an invader. His nervous system is slowly collapsing as it destroys itself.”

“I don’t understand. Why can’t the prototype fix him?”

Miles showed his arm again. “With my body and the machine at odds, it does what it can to limit the internal damage, then backs off, but the side effects are still pretty bad.”

Rain wasn’t sure what to say. Miles was at once both immortal and dying. She couldn’t imagine what it would be like to live in such a state. “What happens if you keep using it?”

Tali swallowed hard, tearing up again. “I can’t be sure….but if I had to guess, I would say that eventually his organs will fail…..and…..I don’t know what happens then. I don’t think it will be good.”

Rain took her hand as she asked one final question. “How did you get it?”

Miles took a deep breath. “After the Regulators fell, I should've died. I had tried to kill Thorn when I saw the battle was lost, but his generals struck me down. I awoke to find an old man operating on me. I don’t know who he was or why he saved me, but he told me I couldn’t die yet, that the world still needed me. When I woke up again he was gone, and I was….immortal.”

“The others don’t know?”

“They know I can’t die. That’s all they need to know. They have questions sure, but they haven’t eavesdropped on me yet.” Miles said with a smirk. 

Rain looked down sheepishly, as Miles leaned back, trying to steady his breath. It had been days since he has been shot, but he still suffering from the recuperation. That was why he had kept himself hidden away. He didn’t want anyone to see his weakness.

Tali pulled her up gently. “Miles needs to rest. Let’s get you back in bed okay? We leave tomorrow.”

She followed behind Tali, and had reached the door, when Miles called to her. “This has to be a secret, okay? The others would only worry if they knew the truth. It’s kinder for them to believe I'm immortal, truly. Do you understand?”

Rain nodded reluctantly, the truth eating away at her. It was quite a secret to have to keep, and it didn’t feel right to keep the others in the dark. She headed down the hall, back into her bed. Her bear was back into her arms, though even he probably wouldn’t be enough to help her get back to sleep.

Tali seemed to sense her anxiety, pulling out another book from Rains bag. It was more her age than some of the other books she had read in her early days with the group. It was an exciting tale of good vs evil, where of course the good guys would always win in the end. She knew real life wasn’t so simple.

Tali laid beside her and began to read, maybe to get her mind off of Miles. Now that she knew how close they were to each other, Rain felt a bit special. Tali had always fussed over her and Miles the most. In a way, she figured she was almost as special as Miles was to Tali. It was a nice thought. 

She curled up closer to Tali, her bear close to her, not caring as she felt a familiar trickle flow into her diaper. She thought she needed to name the bear at some point, but she didn’t know what to pick. She was thinking of names as she finally fell asleep.

They began packing for the road shortly after breakfast. Oz had kept his distance then, knowing that the group might still be angry with the past day's events. However, he met them at the gates with their reward. It was a pack brahmin, the beast was loaded up with weapons of all kinds, from assault rifles and shotguns, and ammunition to go with it. There was also food and medical supplies. It was without a doubt the biggest payload they had received.

“I owe you more than this for what you've done for my city. With Trenton and his lot out of the way, business can go on as usual.” Oz beamed.

Miles nodded and shook his hand. Gabriel and the others followed. Rain didn’t move. She kept her gaze forward on the gate. The sight of Pride’s leader would only infuriate her.

“I'm glad the threat has been taken care of, Oz. I wish it had ended differently.” Miles said sourly. He looked a bit better today, Rain noticed.

Oz clapped him on the shoulder.  “We've known each other a long time, Miles. If you ever need my help, just say the word, and all of Pride will answer.”

Rain snorted in derision, earning her awkward glances from Rocco and Miyuki. Oz noticed too and to her irritation, he walked over to her.

“Still don’t like me much, do you, Princess?”

Her eyes met his deep with fury. “Don’t call me that. And I hate you. You're a coward who killed a good man, and now you want to shake hands with us, fuck you.”

Oz frowned, then took a breath and knelt down beside her. “You liked Dane, I get it. I liked him too. It was a shame what I had to do.”

“You could’ve let him live, or banished him, anything else! Don’t pretend you cared. He apologized and you killed him anyway!”

“I did. Maybe if he had come earlier, if I hadn’t had to send you and Miles to fetch him, things could've been different. Do me a favor. Look around you. Do you see all those people?”

The town was busy at work, but she saw many staring at Oz. Many nodded and smiled as they met his eyes.

“These people look to me to lead them. I take that very seriously, but they also look to me for justice, the same way so many look to Miles for justice. How could I face those that lost sons, brothers, or husbands to Trenton and his gang, if I hadn’t seen justice done? Whether he had part in that killing or not, he was with that group, shared the blame for their crimes.”

Rain could feel tears welling up in her eyes again, but it couldn’t be helped. “He was sorry. He didn’t want to hurt anyone” she said weakly.

Oz wrapped his arm around her, choosing his next words. “I know he was sorry. But Princess, sometimes…..sorry just ain’t enough.” 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, vampire4 said:

Her eyes met his deep with fury. “Don’t call me that. And I hate you. You're a coward who killed a good man, and now you want to shake hands with us, fuck you.”

Oz frowned, then took a breath and knelt down beside her. “You liked Dane, I get it. I liked him too. It was a shame what I had to do.”

“You could’ve let him live, or banished him, anything else! Don’t pretend you cared. He apologized and you killed him anyway!”

“I did. Maybe if he had come earlier, if I hadn’t had to send you and Miles to fetch him, things could've been different. Do me a favor. Look around you. Do you see all those people?”

The town was busy at work, but she saw many staring at Oz. Many nodded and smiled as they met his eyes.

“These people look to me to lead them. I take that very seriously, but they also look to me for justice, the same way so many look to Miles for justice. How could I face those that lost sons, brothers, or husbands to Trenton and his gang, if I hadn’t seen justice done? Whether he had part in that killing or not, he was with that group, shared the blame for their crimes.”

Rain could feel tears welling up in her eyes again, but it couldn’t be helped. “He was sorry. He didn’t want to hurt anyone” she said weakly.

Oz wrapped his arm around her, choosing his next words. “I know he was sorry. But Princess, sometimes…..sorry just ain’t enough.” 

Ah that ancient question "What is justice?"

I'm 100% percent the restorative kind but even I have to acknowledge that in a world like this it's easier said than done.

Sometimes you can only patch the damage and make sure nobody else gets hurt.

Yeah I never thought of implants. I was leaning more towards some new form of radiation that he had gotten hit with during the big battle that wiped his team out. As for Justice, as much as I hate what had happened to Dane and the rest, What Oz did was the correct move. I would have done the same. My Grandfather, Father and cousins where all in the military and some of that has rubbed off on me, that and I spent 2 years in Texas working as a Corrections Officer and did lots of work as a Security Officer so I know a bit about Justice and how it should work and how it does work.

7 hours ago, YourFNF said:

Ah that ancient question "What is justice?"

I'm 100% percent the restorative kind but even I have to acknowledge that in a world like this it's easier said than done.

Sometimes you can only patch the damage and make sure nobody else gets hurt.

The gray areas are a big focus in this story, and I can already predict that some choices my characters may make might upset some people. It's sort of a Negan/Game of Thrones ideal, where the reader can relate to most of the characters in some way. 

As a child, I always rooted for the villans in Disney movies, and never really knew why, but I figured they had a good reason for whatever they did. Everyone is the hero of their own stories after all.

4 hours ago, vampire4 said:

The gray areas are a big focus in this story, and I can already predict that some choices my characters may make might upset some people. It's sort of a Negan/Game of Thrones ideal, where the reader can relate to most of the characters in some way. 

One of the first things I learned as a CO, no matter what the law and government would try and get you to believe, there are a lot of grey areas that even the law don't cover, or it does a bad job of it. Everyone will do what he or she believes is right for them, either because of their upbringing and the experiences they have had in life as a total. Not allways will it be the "right" way, but at the same time there isn't always a "right" way, just have to choose the lesser of two "evils" or whichever you can live with. My instructor told me once, you have to do what makes you able to sleep at night, or at least a better sleep as some choices you will have to make all of them will keep you awake in night, but you need to choose the one that haunts you the least.

4 hours ago, vampire4 said:

As a child, I always rooted for the villans in Disney movies, and never really knew why, but I figured they had a good reason for whatever they did. Everyone is the hero of their own stories after all.

I did too. Though it was because I thought they were cool, I didn't really get into the emotional side of things, or the logic behind their motives.

• 2 weeks later...

It was another month before they got an new message. Surprisingly, it was met with more groans than when they had received the one from Oz. They were sitting around the base just after dinner when Happy informed them they had a visitor at the gates. Rain had been sitting around in a simple shirt and her diaper. Everyone knew anyway, and with all of them living so close together, everyone had seen them at one point or the other.

She watched from the door as Miles and Gabriel met the messenger. The man was dressed in thin, brown clothing, and he only spoke a few words before running off. Miles was running his hands through his hair, looking hesitant to deliver the message. That was never a good sign. 

She followed him to the training yard, where Miyuki was “teaching” Rocco some of her moves. Rain knew from experience how painful those lessons could be. To his credit, Rocco gave back as good as he got. Though less disciplined, he had a more rough and tumble style that was still effective. They stopped as Miles approached, and Tali had followed as well to hear the news.

Miles sighed as he reached them. “We've…..been summoned.”

A collective groan ensued, and Rain couldn’t help but chuckle at how the team seemed to dislike so many of their clients. Rocco cursed and Tali shook her head in denial. Miyuki had gone nearly rigid, frozen in place with a look Rain had never seen in her companion, but she couldn’t say what it was.

“Anybody want to fill me in? Who has summoned us, and why do you all look like a brahmin took a dump in your Sugar Bombs?”

Miles scratched his chin idly. “The Oro Tribe. They're a major power around here. Between their tribe, and those that swear fealty to them, they can host a sizable force. They are not to be trifled with.”

“Plus they're cannibals.” Rocco added, pretending to bite Miyuki’s arm. She yanked her arm away and turned her back, looking more unsettled with every moment.

Rain felt herself pale at the thought. “We're going to go to a tribe of cannibals?! To do what, help them?” The idea of walking into a camp full of cannibals did not appeal to her. 

Tali rolled her eyes. “They aren’t cannibals….not exactly. They practice a ritual form of cannibalism, on their enemies.”

“Do they have a lot of enemies?” Rain asked quietly.

“Not really……not anymore. There's always troublemakers, people who want to test the boundaries. It doesn’t end well for them. The Oro pride themselves on……problem solving. If they called us, we have to go. They don’t take rejection well, and believe me, we don’t them coming to us.”

“We've worked with them before. They are a matriarchal society. All power lies in the oldest female of the ruling family, who they believe carries the essence of their goddess. When she passes, the power goes to the next in line.”

“What’s old Lady Oro’s heir’s name again? Its her granddaughter right?” Rocco pondered. “Miyuki? Do you remember?” 

He had a wolfish grin on his face, but Miyuki wasn’t laughing. She glared at him angrily, but still managed to squeak out a reply. “Her name is Surra. You know that. Her two brothers are Arax and Hanno.”

“Oh, that's right. Well, like Tali said, we have to go. It will be a thoroughly unpleasant experience for all of us.” Rocco said. “Especially me, but not so much for some people, right Miyuki?”

To Rain’s surprise, the beautiful Asian actually blushed, and she gave one final frustrated look before she stormed off. Rocco watched her leave with a look of triumph. There was an awkward silence among the group after she left that Rain couldn’t stand.

“Uh….so why is it going to be so awful for you, Rocco?” She asked finally.

“Well, Lady Oro is of the belief that ghouls aren't people, but ghosts. She thinks acknowledging my presence will invite evil spirits or some bullshit like that. I find the idea just a bit insulting. It is a little funny though. Wait and see, she won’t react to anything I do.”

Miles put a hand on her shoulder. “Just stay close and be careful. Lady Oro is….different, and Surra and Arax love to fight.”

Rocco scoffed. “The whole bloody tribe loves to fight, bunch of bloodthirsty savages. Goddamn, this is gonna suck.”

“We leave tomorrow.” Miles said, sparing a glance at Rain and smiling. “You look pretty soaked, kiddo. Have Tali change you and then get packed. Pretty bold by the way, walking outside like that.”

Rain froze and realized she was still in just a diaper, out in the open. Anyone passing by the compound would be able to see her! With a squeak of terror, she bolted as fast as she could back to the safety of the inside. She could hear Tali and Miles laughing, but she didn't care.

“I'll be in to change you in a few minutes!” Tali yelled after her, amusement in her voice.

She had almost made it back to the safety of her room, when Mr. Happy blocked her way. The hallway was small, and the Mr. Gutsy was hovering right down the middle. When she tried to go around him, he moved to block her again. She was uncomfortable around the robot anyway, and seeing as how she was unarmed, his silent hovering made her more nervous.

“Miss Rain, might I inquire as to what the ruckus is all about?”

“Ummm….I guess we got a job. From some tribe of cannibals. Miyuki seemed freaked out.”

“The Oro?” Oh, capital! I hope I get to go this time! Seeing Miss Surra is always such a delight.”

Rain could feel her jaw drop. “You're telling me there’s actually a human you like?”

“I'm offended, Miss Rain. I like humans. I like plenty of humans. You for example, I enjoy you and your defective bladder, it makes me laugh. I just think I would enjoy killing you more. There’s nothing wrong with that right?”

“There’s so much wrong with that. So why is Surra so special?”

“Miss Surra is one of the few humans I've met that shares my enthusiasm for…..violent pastimes. She is an artist with a knife I'll tell you that! A battle to the death with her would be a dream come true.” The robot sighed happily.

“Okay…..well it sounds like love. I’m gonna go now.”

“Indeed! Your defective bladder is at it again from the looks of things. I need to make myself presentable for Miss Surra. I wonder if she remembers me.”

He moved aside so she could pass, before continuing down the hall, humming a cheery tune. She glanced in Miyuki’s room as she passed, seeing her comrade sitting on her bed, staring into space mindlessly. Despite her discolored diaper, Rain couldn’t turn away. She stepped in and sat down on the bed as well. Miyuki glanced at her slowly, but neither of them said anything for a few minutes.

“You're gonna leak on my bed. Go get your supplies and I'll change you real quick.”

Rain reluctantly stood and headed to get her supplies. She didn’t really want Miyuki to change her, but it would give her a chance to probe her a bit. She didn’t seem in a teasing mood anyway. When she got back, Miyuki seemed a bit more composed, sitting with her legs spread, awaiting Rain to get into position. With a sigh, Rain climbed on the bed and handed the new diaper to Miyuki. 

Miyuki tore the tabs of the wet diaper, before beginning to clean her up with the wipes. She was gentle, but a bit mechanic.

“You might as well just ask. I know you're here for a reason. You always wiggle and look embarrassed when I change you, and you definitely don’t just sit around creepily and wait for me to offer.”

“You seemed upset about going to the Oro. I wanted to make sure you were okay.”

It wasn’t exactly true. Miyuki was feeling a lot of emotions, Rain could sense it. Her emotions were out of control, with fear being a primary one. But there were other feelings beneath the surface. They were complicated and Rain wasn’t sure what they were.

“It's Surra, Old Lady Oro’s granddaughter and current heir. Listen to me, Rain. When we get there, I want you to be very careful. Surra is dangerous, and she doesn’t take lip lightly. She'll try to bait you, then punish you if you rise to it.”

Rain took a breath as she felt the baby powder being rubbed into her skin. She didn’t know how the Vault made it, but it was wonderful. 

“You seem really nervous, Miyuki. It's not like you. You’re the one that told me I needed to be a badass, but you’re practically shaking in your boots.”

Miyuki stayed quiet until the new diaper was taped on, then took Rain by the shoulder. “You listen to me, dammit. This isn’t about being tough, it’s about being smart. There’s only three people in the world I'm scared of and Surra is one of them. Behave. Don’t provoke her okay? No matter what.”

Rain nodded, feeling more uncomfortable than ever about meeting these people. Miyuki didn’t say another word. She took the rolled up used diaper and left the room to dispose of it. Rain figured she wanted to be left alone, so she headed to her room. Tali was there already, looking for her probably.

“There you are! I guess you got tired of waiting. Sorry about that.”

“I had Miyuki do it, but I was really just trying to figure what has her so frazzled.”

Tali looked away, giving a nervous laugh. “Yeah, she's……well it's…..I mean it's…….tough to explain.”

Rain sighed angrily, tired of being in the dark. “Do you know how annoying it is to be constantly confused as to what the heck’s going on all the time?”

Tali sat on the bed and invited her to as well. With a sigh, Rain laid back into the woman’s arms. “The Oro…..they're…..very intense, I guess is a good way to put it. Surra’s brother Hanno is a sweetheart though. Nothing like his twin, Arax at all. You'll like him.”

“I always feel out of the loop.” Rain insisted, pouting. 

Tali giggled. “Well, you were late to the party, baby. We were doing this for two years before you came along. We know some people you don’t. You’ve only been here what, a little over six months? Trust me, in time you'll know everyone, and you'll be no better off for it.”

They sat together for a long time, enjoying the silence. She could hear the others making ready, and knew she would need to pack as well soon. Aside from her weapons, she would have to pack at least a week’s worth of diapers. The weight of those alone were tremendous, but she always carried them herself. They were her burden to bear. Tali had her own.

“Miles finally looks back to normal, and here we go again to jump into another fight. Is it weird that I’m a little excited? It gets a bit boring otherwise.”

Tali shook her head. “I know. The others are the same, always looking toward the next fight. I’m probably the only one who loves the quiet. It means everyone is safe and whole.”

“Why do this then? We could stop, right? We don't have to do this all the time, anyway.”

“Miles won’t stop, so I can’t either. We're making the world a better place, right? No matter how much blood we spill.” 

Rain was a bit surprised at how much doubt and bitterness she heard in Tali’s voice. Knowing what she did about Miles and Tali now, Rain figured her friend would like nothing more than to settle down with Miles and stop all the fighting. Maybe he would even get better if he were out of harm’s way. But that wouldn’t happen. Miles had his mission, a need to keep fighting, and it wasn’t likely to end anytime soon.

“So…..how long have you and Miles been an item?” Rain asked, hoping to get to a better subject.

Tali thought for a moment. “I guess we got together about a year before you came? It's sorta been an open secret ever since. Miyuki suspects it, and I think Gabriel does too. Rocco is totally oblivious though.”

Rain grabbed her bear from the bed, still pondering over a name. “Do you think you'll ever get married?”

Tali laughed at that. “Married? Where did that come from?” 

Rain shrugged. “Why not? That’s what people do when they're in love, right?” 

“I don’t know….seems silly, doesn't it?” Tali asked, but her blush gave her away. “I doubt Miles would be interested, not in me anyway.”

Rain turned, grabbing Tali’s hands. “How could you say that? I've seen him look at you, he's crazy about you. I can’t believe I never saw it before.”

Tali’s cheeks reddened even more. “You think so? I don’t know. Sometimes I feel like……like I’m a distraction, walking beside him, but not with him. If I died tomorrow, would he grieve for me, or would he just keep moving on to the next battle? Does he really love me, or am I just someone to keep him warm at night?”

Rain didn’t know what to say. She didn’t know how to sooth such insecurities. She remembered how Tali had once said that Miles was always so focused on his mission, sometimes he missed what was in front of him. Maybe he was. Here was an amazing woman who would follow him to the end of the world, and yet she wasn’t sure how much she meant to him.

“You need to talk to him then. Tell him how you feel, or you'll just drive yourself crazy.”

“Hmmm…..maybe. A wasteland marriage ceremony. It's a funny thought isn't it?”

“Life is short. Especially out here. You deserve to be happy.”

The mood was broken by loud singing coming from the hall. They peeked out and saw Mr. Happy spinning around and while singing in a foreign language. It was erratic behavior for an already strange and erratic robot.

Tali shrugged and grinned. “It's opera. Sometimes when Happy is….well…..happy, he likes to sing opera music.”

Rain watched as the robot hovered and spun wildly. “Somehow that's the most weird and disturbing thing I've learned today, and I just found out about these cannibal people.”

Tali wrapped an arm around her, and kissed her on the head. “We need to pack. Oh, by the way, I wouldn’t call the Oro “cannibal people”. I doubt it would go over well.

• Like 3

Yay! Mr. Happy got some dialogue again! I love that psychotic robot. :D

Also I'm impressed at how well you've handled Rain's diapers so far. Here we are, many chapters and six in-story months in and you still manage to make it interesting in little ways. Normally by this point in a story the diapers would've sorta "normalized" by now. You are an amazing storyteller and I'm glad our little fetish community has someone like you on our team. ^_^

I like how your expanding on this universe and the evolving character dynamics. Me thinks the heir is Miyuki's ex.

Thanks for the comments. I have been worried about the diapers becoming kinda normalized, specifically because this is fanfiction. I want them to be at the forefront. cause I do love diapers. At the same time, I have such a bigger story, so it's tough.

The Oro are a fun chapter. I've been looking forward to them. Surra, the heir, is a fun character to write. Her brothers are pretty interesting as well. In fact, one of them, Hanno, is probably one of my favorites from a personal standpoint.

I'm really excited to keep expanding things. I'd say we're maybe a quarter of the way through my loosely planned story. Jericho Thorne will also be making an entrance in the future, so it's exciting.

49 minutes ago, YourFNF said:

Me thinks the heir is Miyuki's ex.

I think that Miyuki got her butt spanked by this heir/possible ex and is afraid/excited that it might happen again. Maybe this time this "ex" might take it up a notch once she sees rain's diapers and punishes poor Miyuki with diaper punishment and a spanking *grin*

1 hour ago, Aries said:

I think that Miyuki got her butt spanked by this heir/possible ex and is afraid/excited that it might happen again. Maybe this time this "ex" might take it up a notch once she sees rain's diapers and punishes poor Miyuki with diaper punishment and a spanking *grin*

We'll we all know what Aries wants ;)

1 hour ago, vampire4 said:

He's not entirely right, and not entirely wrong. That's all I can say. Just keep expectations at a reasonable level.

This tribe punishes those that challenge them by giving them a good spanking, and if it's a very bad crime, it's punishable by Dead From SPANKING. that reasonable? :D

2 hours ago, vampire4 said:

He's not entirely right, and not entirely wrong. That's all I can say. Just keep expectations at a reasonable level.

Failure. Expectations have now shot through the roof. :)

Dang how many new chapters did I miss again? Honestly I do try and keep up. The hours I have been working are crazy though. I have been working 84+ hours a week. 12 hour shifts 7 days a week and it’s been 49 straight days now. I really am enjoying this story. I find it really entertaining and exciting. I love the suspense that comes with the battles and the resulting injuries. By the way, you never told us how Miyuki recovered from her being shot in the hand. Even though it’s still early I apparently have already run out of likes for the day. I will be looking forward to reading more. 

• 2 weeks later...

She was walking in the darkness. She could hear the echo from her footsteps, but everything was shrouded. There was a sense of familiarity, but the room was still unformed, the shadows covered everything. Rain could hear voices from the darkness as well, but like everything else, she couldn’t place who they belonged too. The whispers only served to make her sad, taunting her with people and places she once loved. 

As she continued on, a face finally came from the blackness. It was a small boy, and the sight of him crushed her with sorrow. She knew him! She knew his face, but she just couldn't remember who he was.

“Who are you?” She cried.

The boy was speaking, but she couldn’t hear him. He had no voice. His eyes pleaded with her, urging her to understand. From far away, she heard a song. She didn’t know what it was, but the sound filled her with fear. It came closer and grew louder, it’s tune ominous and melancholy and vaguely familiar. The boy looked around nervously, still trying to speak, before he started to fade away.

“I don’t understand. What are you trying to tell me?! Please! I don’t know who you are. Don’t go! Don’t leave me alone!”

A dark a booming laughter surrounded her, and she clamped her hands over her ears, trying to shut it out.

“Rain! Wake up!”

She shot up choking on a scream. Tali was already there, waiting to catch her. She sobbed as Tali held her, unable to get the fear from her system. It was strange that a dream that had shown so little could impact her so much. It was the fear though, that was the worst. It had crushed her so badly, felt so real, that even now she couldn’t shake it. They had been travelling for three days, and Rain was in desperate need of sleep.

Miles was in the tent as well, and despite how upset she was, she couldn’t help but be embarrassed that he was watching her display. Miles always displayed control in any situation, and he was practically dying!

“What's wrong, sweetheart?” Tali asked while stroking her hair. “You were screaming pretty loud. It must have been a pretty horrible dream.”

Rain nodded, her face still buried in Tali’s chest. “Really bad. I hate not being able to remember anything. It always feels like memories are just on the edge of revealing themselves. I can’t remember no matter how hard I try.”

Miles came forward and knelt down beside her. “You can’t force this, Rain. I know it's not what you want to hear, but your memories have to come back naturally.”

“When I first got here, Miyuki told me I was lucky….that I couldn’t remember anything.” Rain said, sniffling. “But even though I can’t remember anything, I still have this feeling of…..loss. This crushing grief, but I can’t remember for what or who.” 

“I know how you feel. Just because you can't put together the names or faces, it doesn’t help that feeling of loss. When you remember your past, that feeling will still be there, maybe worse, maybe not.”

Rain sniffled. “When? What if I never remember?”

“Rain, I promise you, I will do everything I can to help you discover who you are. All it's gonna take is a single hint, just one clue, and that will lead to the rest.”

Tali spoke up. “No matter what, Rain, you always have a place here. With us.”

Rain felt more tears and ran to Tali. “I know that. You guys are my family now.”

“Tali stroked her hair gently. “Yes we are, Rain. Yes we are.”

They continued on in the morning, choosing to cut through the city, rather than go around it. It was more dangerous, they were more likely to run into raiders or super mutants, but it would save time. Killing raiders was what they did anyway, and super mutants were the one type of creature Rain enjoyed killing. They hadn’t fought many during her time with the group, not many of the monsters had migrated here. Rain would never be able to forget how they had killed Mrs. Sellers, her guardian, and burned down the farm. She felt no pity for those creatures, and relished in each one she killed. 

Despite all the fighting, she normally didn't enjoy it, even if it was something to do to stave off boredom. Miles, Gabe, and Tali were the same. They fought because they believed they had too. Miyuki and Rocco were the only members who really seemed to enjoy fighting.

The team looked tired, and Rain found out it was partially her fault. Miyuki had been dragging her feet the whole trip, but she looked especially rough today.

“Geez, Rain, were you having a bad dream last night, or fighting off a yao guai? The whole city probably heard you.”

Rain looked on sheepishly. “Was I that bad?”

“I met a really old ghoul once who said he slept through the bombs 200 years ago.” Rocco said glumly. “I bet he heard you screaming away last night. I hardly got any rest. Do you think all this beautiful comes on it's own? I need sleep.”

Mr. Happy hovered closer as well. “I keep telling you that you wouldn’t have nightmares if you would let me take out your brain. Humans are so sentimental about their organs.”

“Well, I slept like a baby.” Gabriel said proudly. “My youth was spent sleeping around loud machines, laser fire, and explosions. I almost can’t sleep without the noise.

Rain really did feel bad for keeping everyone up. “I'm really sorry everyone. I'll try to be better.”

Miyuki waved her off. “Relax, kiddo. We're just teasing. Don't stress out about it.”

The city was pretty deserted. Occasionally, they would see a traveler or group pass by, giving their armed band wary looks as they hurried past. Walking here was different than traveling through the countryside. The city felt lifeless and dead, surrounded by broken monuments of mankind’s former greatness. It was unsettling, as though ghosts were constantly lurking in the shadows, clinging to the shell of what used to be.

As they drew near the end of the city, they were greeted by a couple of familiar faces. She recognized Yusef immediately, his large form and enormous beard giving him away. The trader known as Elijah Freeson followed nearby, dragging along his pack brahmin. Both waved enthusiastically to her, and Rain ran to them happily. She hadn’t seen them for a few months, getting her supplies from other caravans.

“Rain! It’s so nice to see you again!” Elijah said once he caught up. “I've been wondering how you've been faring. We've heard plenty of stories, but it's good to see you in the flesh.”

Rain smiled proudly. “Stories huh? What have you heard about me? Am I really famous?”

“Of course! They say you're even more fierce than the rest of the team. Raiders fear your very name. They say if someone encounters the new young girl from Miles’ crew their days are numbered.”

Rain puffed up even more at the praise. All of her hard work, all the exhaustion, training, and beatings were worth it, if only for this moment. 

“Yeah. I am pretty amazing I guess.”

The group groaned and snickered, but she ignored it. She saw Rocco mocking her, mimicking her with his hands on his hips. Jealousy was so unbecoming. 

But Elijah had more to say. “One rumor was a bit weird though. People say that after you're done killing people and the battle is over, you just plop down on the ground, not moving until you get a bottle, and that you cry hysterically if you don’t get one. Then you curl up with stuffed bear and take a nap.”

The team burst into laughter, while Rain slumped in horror. Who the hell had come up with such a ridiculous rumor? She knew her diapers were public knowledge, but did people really just see her as some killing machine toddler? Plus, how did anyone know about her bear?

Yusef chimed in with a shake of his head. “We knew that was just dumb talk. In all seriousness, you look good, Rain. You look like a fighter, tough and all that. Not like Elijah here. He runs and hides like a defenseless child anytime we run into a mole rat.”

Elijah reddened instantly. “That's not true! I just don’t take risks, that’s what I pay you for.”

Yusef chuckled. “Right, so that wasn’t you a few weeks back when those Mireluks came at us, crying behind your brahmin, begging me to save you.”

“Those things are very dangerous! One nearly took my arm when I was a child. I wasn’t crying either, I was just stressed.” Elijah crossed his arms indignantly before remembering something and digging into his pack.

“I almost forgot, Vault 21 had your normal supplies, but they also sent a different kind of….uh….protection for you to try. You should really go out there one day. They got stuff you just can’t get anywhere else.”

“I don’t like vaults.” Rocco objected.

Elijah pulled out a second duffle bag, quickly unzipping it and removing a new diaper. It was horrible. Still plastic and crinkling, it was an obnoxious shade of pink. While there weren't Vault Boys all over it, there were what appeared to be Vault Girls up near the top of the diaper. They looked to be dressed like princesses, each one in a different colored dress.

“Aww…Those are adorable!” Tali squeaked happily.

Elijah cleared his voice. “Well, you see the diapers you normally wear are designed for the elderly. They're thick and made to be worn for a while. These were actually made for toddlers, and then made bigger for you. And since you're a girl….here they are.”

Rain wanted to gag. “Why would I ever want to wear these? The normal ones lack enough dignity as it is. Did you tell them I'm not a toddler?”

“That's not why they sent them. They know your situation. The most important part of these diapers, is that they are a good deal less thick, so they'll be easier to move around in, probably more comfortable. Obviously, they're less absorbent, so watch that.”

“Tell them thanks, but no thanks. Cutsie diapers are the last thing I need. My reputation is ridiculous enough as it is.”

Miyuki wrapped her arms around her with a smirk. “Not so hasty, kiddo. They made these just for you. It would be rude to not even try them.”

“This should be a practical decision, Rain.” Miles said, almost suppressing a smile. “If these allow you a better range of movement, you should take them. Pride should come second to survivability.”

“But I don’t wanna wear those.” Rain whined. “They're so dumb looking, and besides they hold less. I don’t want to leak.”

Tali took the bag before she could argue anymore. “We'll just have to change you more frequently, it'll be fine. These will go so nice with a certain outfit we got a while back. Remember, you still haven’t worn it for me.”

Rain cringed at the mention of that stupid pink dress. With the diapers underneath, she really would look like some toddler waiting for a bottle. 

“That’s just great. I can’t wait to try them on.” She said sarcastically.

The village of the Oro tribe was a large and sprawling place, built at the top of a very large hill, about three hours away from the city. However, their dwellings were mostly huts, with only one man made building around. It wasn’t a very large structure, and she couldn’t have guessed what it used to have been. The sun was only just setting, and with it, the remains of what little dignity Rain still had. She would need to be changed soon, and those awful pink diapers would be brought out for her humiliation.

They were met at the gates, by three people with assault rifles. On the arm of each was a small tattoo of a Deathclaw head. The two men were clearly identical twins. They both had short, cropped hair, and aside from one having a rough shadow of a beard, there was no telling them apart.

Miles waved to them, keeping his other had within sight. “Arax. Hanno. It’s been a few years.”

The one with the stubble smiled back. “We normally like to handle our own issues. You sure got here fast, Miles. Makes sense though. The Oro tells you to jump, and here you are, wondering how high.” The smug man nudged his brother, who was staring forward as though they weren't even there. “Hanno, don’t be rude. Say high to our guests.”

Hanno jumped a bit from the contact. Still, he didn’t really seem to see them, but he waved half-heartedly anyway. Rain was about to ask what he was so interested in, but then she saw the third person step forward.

She could tell immediately that it was Surra. She was muscular and lean, her shoulder length hair had been dyed into a teal color. Her eyes drifted among them, sizing them up, before locking on Miyuki, who tensed up in fear.

“Miss Surra!” Mr. Happy chirped happily. “Do you remember me? It's so good to see you after all these years. You're looking as beautiful as ever, if I may say so.”

“Of course I remember you, Happy. How high is your kill count nowadays?”

“Not as high as yours, my lady, I’m sure. You are without peer, truly.”

Surra looked back to the group. “Miles. Nice of you to answer my grandmother's call. She's waiting for you inside, but first, I want to look over your new…..fighter. The one everyone has been talking about.” 

She strode up confidently, grabbing Rain’s chin with a look of disdain. “You don’t look like much to me, child, certainly not as special as I had heard. Then again, you could only be as good as your teacher. I doubt Miyuki had it in her to really train you properly.”

Miyuki strode up and slapped the woman's hand away angrily. “Hands off. Leave her be.”

Surra raised an eyebrow in fake surprise, as a wicked smile appeared on her face. “Oh, well now. Look at this. Someone grew a backbone.”

Then she struck Miyuki with the back of her hand hard enough to send her sprawling. Rain reached for her pistol, but the quiet twin, Hanno, moved faster, hitting her in the gut with the butt of his rifle. Her assumption that he wasn’t paying attention was wrong, and she fell to her knees as the breath was knocked out of her.

Miyuki got up slowly, a trail of blood running down her lip. Her eyes were defiant, but Surra just stared challengingly. The other's hadn’t moved an inch, and didn’t seem likely too.

Surra laughed and took Miyuki’s face into her hands. “It’s always so amusing when you act tough.”

Miyuki was shaking with anger, but the blue haired woman just laughed harder. Suddenly, she leaned in close and licked the blood away before forcing Miyuki into a deep kiss. Rain felt her mouth open in surprise, but the others seemed unconcerned. Tali looked embarrassed, while Rocco openly leered. Miles and Gabe looked on impassively.

Miyuki shook slightly as the kiss continued, her knees wobbling just a bit. When she was finally released, there was a mixture of fear and something else in her eyes. 

Surra smirked maliciously. “After the meeting with my grandmother, you will meet me in my tent, is that clear? Unless you think today is the day you'll break free.”

To Rains disappointment, Miyuki only slunk back meekly, not meeting anyone's eyes. Surra turned away, not sparing Rain or anyone else a glance. Rain got up slowly, seeing that they were about to go inside the camp. Arax, the twin with the stubble, followed behind, tapping his brother on the shoulder. Hanno broke away from whatever he had been staring at reluctantly and followed behind. 

As they were heading through the gate, she finally looked back at what Hanno had been staring at. The view from the hill was beautiful. With the sun setting over the countryside, everything was tinged in a soft orange glow. The sky was a pallet of purple, and blue, and orange. It was breathtaking.  Hanno turned back and saw her admiring the view, and a silly looking smile spread over his face. He was a strange guy, but there was a gentleness to him, a sense of serenity almost.

Suddenly, he turned back and walked up to her. To her surprise, he began gently rubbing her stomach, a curious look on his face. 

“Uh….what are you doing?” She asked with wide eyes. “What is he doing?”

Arax looked back and chuckled. “He's sorry about hitting your stomach. He wants to make sure you feel better.”

“He doesn't talk?”

Arax shrugged and lit a cigarette. “Never picked up talking. My brother’s a bit….unique."

Hanno stared down at her worriedly. His concern was so earnest, she couldn’t help but smile. “I'm alright, really. Thank you, Hanno.”

The village was busy as they walked in, and Rain could smell the food being prepared as tribesmen moved to and fro. She noticed that every single one of them had the same deathclaw tattoo on their arms, a sign or brand, that showed who they were, and who they belonged too. Many of the villages and tribes she had dealt with had similar devices of recognition.

An old woman stood in the center of the village. She looked ancient, and was slightly stooped over, leaning on a wooden cane. Surra and her brothers let the group go ahead while they drew together, with Surra and Arax speaking quietly together. Surra still had a mocking grin as the team went down on one knee before Lady Oro. 

Well, most of the team, anyway. Rain followed suite and knelt down as well, but Rocco stood defiantly, his arms crossed over his chest. Lady Oro didn’t seem to notice, her gaze never even met the ghoul, as though he were literally not even there.

They stayed knelt down, and when a gust of wind blew up her skirt, Rain could tell by Surra and Arax’s laughter that they had seen her sagging diaper. The blush on her face must have shown, as the old woman smiled at her before motioning for them to rise. Like her granddaughter, Lady Oro took Rain’s face in her hands, looking deep into her eyes. The old woman had an otherworldly gaze, something was different about her for sure.

Lady Oro smiled a toothless grin. “There's something different about you, girl. Something inside. Hidden away.”

Rain looked around awkwardly, her face still in the old woman's pruning hands. “You think so? If I'm so special, do you think you could let go of my face?”

She gave that same eerie smile as she let go at last. “Miles, I'm sure you and your team are tired from the journey. Rest for now, dinner will be served shortly, and then I will explain why I called you here.”

Miyuki screamed as quietly she could as the cattle prod was shoved against her side. She was face down on the ground and naked as the day she had been born. Her arms were bound behind her back. Surra was prowling above her, smiling maniacally, her eyes taking in her captive happily. 

“Come on now, I lowered the voltage on the prod, it shouldn’t hurt that badly. You've always been such a wuss. Are you angry? Do you want to be free? All you have to do is stand up and take me down.”

Miyuki huffed as she struggled to her knees. If it had been anyone else, she would have put the fear of god into them. But this was Surra of the Oro, and she was more than some raider dirt bag. She was a master of combat, and her ferocity was legendary. The thought of fighting back terrified Miyuki. Her emotions were muddled as humiliation, anger, fear, and a more primal feeling warred inside her. 

“I hate you!” Miyuki gasped. 

Surra lifted her up, and her fingers moved over her captive’s body. “Look at you, Miyuki. You think I'm cruel? But I give you what no one else can. I am the only one that you can’t beat, no matter how tough you are. You’ve never had that before have you? You're always in control because nobody else can tame you. But I can.”

Miyuki squirmed as Surra began kissing her body, letting out a moan as her breasts were squeezed. She couldn’t fight back, not against Surra. She was too strong. 

“You're mine. You will always be mine. Until the day you can stand up to me. Until then, all pleasure, all pain, all ecstasy is mine to give you as I please.”

The shock came again, the burning pain taking her breath away. “I know.” Miyuki said weakly. 

Surra smiled wider, her other hand still exploring.  “Say it. Tell me you're mine.”

Miyuki shuddered in pleasure. “I’m yours. I'm all yours. Please.” More pleasure followed, on and on. There would be no rest for her, not until Surra decided to end it.

Surra forced her to her knees, before taking off her clothes slowly. “Since you're down there, slave, maybe you should start trying to make me happy.”

Miyuki sighed before leaning in between Surra’s legs and getting to work. It was going to be a long night. Oh, how she hated this woman.

Tali looked over the pink diaper happily as Rain squirmed unhappily on the cot in her provided tent. The time of reckoning had come. In a few moments, she would be clean and in a new, somehow more humiliating diaper. 

Tali began cleaning her up. “I know you're embarrassed, but you'll look so precious. Pink is really your color.”

Rain wasn’t listening. Her mind was drifting back to Surra. She had seen her dragging Miyuki back to her  tent. That woman irritated her. The look in Surra’s eyes when she had “sized” her up was like she was looking at particularly unpleasant insect. She was so haughty and arrogant, and Rain didn’t like the hold she had over Miyuki.

Lady Oro’s words also replayed in her head. She said that there was something inside her, something hidden. As cryptic as that was, she wondered if the old woman was right. Some of the things she could do were weird. Dream sharing and all her emphatic abilities had raised a lot of questions. Maybe one day she would get answers.

She felt her legs being lifted into the air and set down on the diaper. After the obligatory dose of powder, the pink diaper was taped up and the change was over. Rain sat up, surprised at how different this diaper felt compared to her regular ones. It was certainly much thinner and she found her legs weren't awkwardly pushed out.

Despite herself, she couldn’t help but admit that they were cute, in a girly sense. She hadn’t felt girly in a very long time. They were more comfortable for sure, but they still crinkled loudly. Sitting in just a black tank top and now a bright pink diaper, Rain winced at the happy noises coming from Tali.

“Awww….you're so adorable, I wanna die!”

“That's funny, I wanna die too, at how stupid I look.” Rain pouted.

Tali scooped her up, ignoring her attitude. “I can’t wait to get you in that dress. Oh, and I’m gonna do your hair all pretty. I bet I can find a camera that still works too.”

Rain cringed at the thought. Could anyone possibly be more uncomfortable than her right now?!

• Like 2

I like Hanno. Mutes are the best! 

And Surra... dear God! That was hot! I have no idea what direction you'll take the Surra/Miyuki sub-plot, but it's definitely gonna be interesting and most certainly sexy!

• Hades changed the title to The Lost and the Broken (Updated 9/15/2020) No really!