LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My wife wants me to see a therapist.

Seeing a counselor or psychologist is mainly to allow the patient to cope, when and if the Fetish becomes an obsession interfering with your normal everyday life. If it's not hindering work, social interaction, or just the only thing on your mind, it is just paraphilic infantilism. If it's sexual, it is psychosexual deviant behavior. If it is a relgious in nature it is OCD. Also, if you can not suppress it to perform daily tasks it is also OCD. You may want to find a group session for a smaller cost if it cause sexual tension with your partner. Lastly, seeking advice from a forum that is pro your behavior is self-defeating. Your place of employment may offer free counseling to it's employees. Check with human services.

15 hours ago, Fulldiaper said:

Seeing a counselor or psychologist is mainly to allow the patient to cope, when and if the Fetish becomes an obsession interfering with your normal everyday life. If it's not hindering work, social interaction, or just the only thing on your mind, it is just paraphilic infantilism. If it's sexual, it is psychosexual deviant behavior. If it is a relgious in nature it is OCD. Also, if you can not suppress it to perform daily tasks it is also OCD. You may want to find a group session for a smaller cost if it cause sexual tension with your partner. Lastly, seeking advice from a forum that is pro your behavior is self-defeating. Your place of employment may offer free counseling to it's employees. Check with human services.

No offense, but that sounds a little too cookie-cutter to me.

It all depends on the therapist, that you are going to see, really. It's hard to pick one, you have to go to multiple of them and get the one that you have the smoothest talk with. I, personally had a lot of luck, because I was really frustrated back in my early twenties, I was like mad and I wanted to give up my life, but I managed to find a good therapist, one that have really greatly helped me, but I was just lucky. I just went to the first therapist that I could find and the one that was the cheapest actually, but he has greatly helped me to turn my life around and I would definitely tell you and your wife to do it as well. Don't go to ABDL therapies, you can't even give a clear reason for going to one

It took me 3 tries to find a good Therapist, but if I hadn't made the effort I would not be here now :rolleyes: Most people don't understand what Therapy is trying to accomplish. They are not there to change you- instead they are there to help you understand yourself and others and to help you find ways to better cope with your problems in life :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ajthebabypie said:

If this actually is a true story, intentionally messing your diaper in front of someone without their permission is extremely inappropriate and I feel bad for your therapist. FYI, a post like this is probably better suited for the "stories" forum and not in a serious discussion about real life circumstances.

What you don't understand is that this is what I actually did, and the main reason I seeked out the help of a therapist as I was wearing, wetting, and messing my diapers with little regard as to when and where I was doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 10:39 PM, diaperabdl323 said:

Has anyone actually seen a therapist for having ABDL feelings? What happened in the session? Is it really worth going to see one?

Therapy is always a good thing.  I did it for a while during my marriage.  My ex-wife could never deal with the diapers.

What I will say is that if she thinks it will cure you, she's wrong.  There is no cure for this.  I've yet to decide if that's good or bad.

• Like 1
On 10/18/2017 at 10:39 PM, diaperabdl323 said:

Has anyone actually seen a therapist for having ABDL feelings? What happened in the session? Is it really worth going to see one?

Yes and the best pieces  advice I can give you is....

1). Be completely honest. Both with the therapist and especially with yourself.  All cards are on the table or otherwise all your doing is spinning your wheels and wasting valuable resources that can be used for a patient really in need. 

2). Do your research.  Look for a therapist that has knowledge of  ABDL or at least is somewhat familiar with it. 

3). You must be comfortable with the therapist.  After all your bearing your soul to this person. Trust plays a major factor here. What you have to understand is that your actually building a relationship with the therapist much like you would with a partner. 

4). Go alone at the beginning both you and your wife and use the same therapist.   Then when the therapist feels the time is right they will gradually bring the two of you into sessions together. And they will never speak to you or her about what the other says in they're individual sessions. After all your treated as individual patients and  they're bound by law,  even  if your husband and wife.

5). Remember that the therapist, psychologist, or psychiatrist is not there to judge you. They are there to help you  and they can only help you if you really want  help. 

6). It's not gonna be a one session fix. Remember you only have about 45 to 50 minutes per session and that's not enough time to delve into a lifetime. 

Good luck.

On 10/18/2017 at 11:39 PM, diaperabdl323 said:

Being an abdl is not like disease you can't cure.  It's having a lifestyle that some people don't understand.  If someone was raised in a very heterosexual family and found out they were gay, there's nothing wrong with that.  It just comes down to making sure that you and everyone important in your life are able to get along ok.  If talking to a therapist would be helpful for you and/or your wife, by all means go for it.  But if your wife thinks you have a condition that needs to be cured, you should probably tell her otherwise.