LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Acceptance from general public

We would need at least a couple more sexual revolutions to occur before wide acceptance is attained. So probably 200 years minimum if I had to guess.

53 minutes ago, Fontaine said:

We would need at least a couple more sexual revolutions to occur before wide acceptance is attained. So probably 200 years minimum if I had to guess.

I highly doubt it would take that long.

Who cares? I have a life and no time to chase the public's love. I am an individualist

• Like 2

I am a social being (homo sapiens), and for thousands of years the survival of the indiviuals of my species dependded severely on what others thought about them ... I think that might be the reason that I still judge my self in the (fantastic) court of public opinion.

Therefore the question is in deed super interesting to me, too, how can we increase acceptance from general public?

I propose by telling a story about how ABDL evolves that most people can somehow relate to, to the comforting aspect of AB and even diapers... I don't know.

Social exsisence is secondary, specifically, relational. still good, still enjoyable and still useful, individual existence is primary. Hence it precedes group experiences and ought to take precedence

If you were truly primarily a social being you would not be begging for acceptance form "society". You would abandon your "selfish" whim and conform. Since you are not doing that, then you have proven my point. The individual exists apart from and prior to any affiliations that person makes. In fact, rational psychology holds to "self-actualization" which is validation of oneself as a PERSON. i.e. ad an individual. What you suggest was tried i the mid 1960's as the "groupthink" experiments which failed. Also we ridicule persons who are slaves to fashion, trendy ideas or some other kind of conformity for conformity's sake. "Get a life" is just the latest form of that. Before it was "be yourself" and before that "know thyself"

So if you crave acceptance, then conform

It will be a very long time yet before we have widespread tolerance, and that gas to come before we get acceptance :whistling: Till then I think the best approach is to make sure nothing negative about this happens, and in that all we can do is control our own self and what we do :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

You know, I do believe people change but first and foremost you have to be comfortable with who and what you are and not what other people around you are telling you is comfortable. For example, if any of you would have asked me this time last year if I would be taking care of and being a mommy to and AB at this time of my life I would have totally laughed right in your face, but what am I doing right now being a mommy to a 23 year old AB who regresses to the age of 1. It took many months for me to finally decide to do this and it was really because of my needs as well and because Lexi was not what I envisioned as a freak but she was actually a sweet young lady. I certainly didn't jump into this and conform to it right away and was skeptical at first. It took 3 months of discussions before Lexi and I actually took that plunge and said lets do this. So I do think people can change, but I do think first people have to be comfortable with who they are and not what society is telling them should be there comfort zone.

The general public can't agree on politics or religion. How would you ever expect them to accept something like ABDL? The majority of people will not accept the fact that it has nothing to do with actual children, and you'll never get them to understand that. I enjoy it much more by keeping it private. It is something special that I have with no reason to share it.

• Like 1

I guess the basic message here should be that if you get your jollies from it, then it needs to be kept private. the lifestyle can be enjoyed without being shared or accepted by everyone.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, BabyJune said:

I guess the basic message here should be that if you get your jollies from it, then it needs to be kept private. the lifestyle can be enjoyed without being shared or accepted by everyone.

How many times have I said "I do not want the public in my bedroom, so I do not put my bedroom in the public square" and "Quoting an anti-drunk driving ad 'your lifestyle is

• Like 3

I think ABDL acceptance would be great so we wouldn't have to live in fear or hiding. I am not saying we should all expose ourselves and do it in public, it would be nice if we could all just freely wear diapers without any judgment like worrying about our parents finding out or relatives or anyone we are staying with etc. and fear judgment or thinking of a story to tell about why we wear them.

5 minutes ago, diaperguy85 said:

even less than 10 years ago the BDSM lifestyle was a highly taboo kink reserved for the depraved and sexually deviant. but thanks to some books (albeit a not too accurate books, from what i keep hearing) and later movies, the BDSM world has been pulled into the spotlight and more or less accepted as an "ok, cool, whatever" kinda kink.