LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapered While Having a Test done at Hospital

So this is probably my first or second post but I just wanted to tell you all my experience with wearing while having procedures done at the hospital. A little background; I'm 23 years old and started having urinary incontinence issues around a year ago. So today I had a ultrasound scheduled for 6:15 PM for my abdominal area. I had already planned on wearing during the procedure just to see what it was like. Well I got off work drove my daily commute home. When I arrived home I quickly changed out of my work jeans and collard t-shirt into my Abena M4, sweet pants and a t-shirt. After that I started packing a backpack with an Abena, wipes, and diaper rash cream just incase they asked me to change out of my diaper. After that I jumped in the car and headed toward the hospital. Apon arrival I made sure I had my insurance card and ID and started walking in. Once inside I checked in, got my hospital bracelet and the lady told me to head towards radiology. Once at radiology I checked in there and sat down to wait for them to bring me back. A lady came through the door and called my last name and said, "Hi my names Amy I'll be doing your ultrasound today follow me.". On the way back to my room Amy asked me what was going on. I said that I was having a lot of abdominal pain and urinary incontinence during the day and sometimes during the day. When I got in the room I emptied my pockets and Amy instructed me to lay down on the bed with my hands above my head. She then pulled my shirt up saw my Abena and stuffed a towel around my waste so the ultrasound gel didn't get all over me. After that she squirted gel on my belly and began the procedure. During the ultrasound I could feel my Abena getting warm, I was hoping it wouldn't leak, thankfully it lasted the whole time. Overall it was a unique experience and I'm glad I didn't chicken out and not wear my Abena. I expected to be very nervous but actually the lady was very nice and understanding and I was nervous at all.

• Like 1
On 14-10-2017 at 1:22 AM, abenam4s said:

I expected to be very nervous but actually the lady was very nice and understanding and I was nervous at all.

And why should it be any different they are there to do their job and they are professionals.

In March I was admitted to the hospital for 7 days while they figured out what was wrong with me. One of the test that was done was a Heida scan. The tech required me to diaper up saying that my pee was radioactive and would ruin their machine even if I leaked a little.

I have had many tests done at hospitals and doctor offices all while wearing a diaper, even though I manage to change my diaper before seeing the doctor or lab tech I always seem to wet my diaper before I am told it's ok to get dressed. Last January when I had my annual physical was interesting to say the least, after undoing my diaper for the prostate exam while the doctor had her finger up my rearend I started dribbling, this did not phase her one bit, she finished and told me I could put my garment back on,

I have had many tests done at hospitals and doctor offices all while wearing a diaper, even though I manage to change my diaper before seeing the doctor or lab tech I always seem to wet my diaper before I am told it's ok to get dressed. Last January when I had my annual physical was interesting to say the least, after undoing my diaper for the prostate exam while the doctor had her finger up my rearend I started dribbling, this did not phase her one bit, she finished and told me I could put my garment back on,

I can honestly say hang around the medical community long enough and your diaper will get more exposure than you ever imagined , i think my healthcare team has taken my diaper on and off more then my own mother did as an infant then again as kid you use diapers for what like 3 maybe 4 years and done ,I am 20 + years into IC ( i realize the trend that diaper makers are catering to aims to make a profit longer with kids not potty trained till later)IC is forever as are DL's but explain that to diaper makers and demand real diapers get equal time with pull ups is not a day in my lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

A few years ago I wish I had a diaper on when I was getting a CT scan of my abdomen at a hospital. During the scan the technician put some kind of contrast drug into me by intraveneous and it made my whole body feel completely hot. When putting it in he told me it would make me feel like I had to pee, "but don't go even if you feel like you cant hold on" he said. It sure did make me feel like my bladder was going to burst and I would have been a lot more comfortable wearing a diaper.

• 1 month later...

I had all my urology tests done while wearing either a large inco pad and inco pants or a tena slip maxi (just like a nappy) No comment was made and I didn't feel embarrassed. Having wet pants from my lack of bladder control would have been far worse.

for sure, medical people understand your needs and quite frankly expect you to be dressed accordingly.  In my case with my gyno, it is not always in my record for any given procedure, so when I show up in a bra, it sometimes goes with an explanation, but after that I always get encouragement for being brave or doing what is right.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I have gone to the hospital many of times in a diaper.  Though there was one time I had Galbladder removal and well I was wearing my diaper to surgery.  When I woke up from surgery the diaper was on and it was discolored from the iodine they used to shave my stomach.  I know they took it off while I was asleep though when I woke it was back on it was cool.

Once I start wearing full time I will have on my printed diapers and if I go to the Doctors well they will see my prints.

What R S Mike describes above is a real issue, it happened to me as well and expect it is fairly common.  Doing a scan with dye injected makes you feel like you need to pee really bad, not sure why they don't issue diapers as I expect there have been many leaks, as I did dribble a bit in one case, but luckily I had on cotton panties, and it was mostly contained.  Got home with a wet pants and wetter panties but leak was small enough that it didn't matter.

Doubt the radiologist even noticed?

I wear Depends pull ups (the ones that look like underwear) whenever I go to the doctor or have a procedure done. I have had CAT scans and a couple MRI's done. These are professional medical people. If they read my chart they can read that I am incontinent. I had emergency surgery a few years ago. I went to the hospital wearing a disposable and woke up wearing a hospital diaper. I spent 6 days in the hospital and the nursing staff changed me on a regular basis. Nobody has ever questioned me why I am diapered except one older nurse who insisted that I should at least try to pee in a bed pan. I mentioned this to the head nurse on duty and that was the end of that.