LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Drug Tests And Diapers

I hace had to take drug tests before, and I just tell them I am incontinent and in diapers, and that I'll need to give a blood sample instead of urine.

They also have the new test using your hair.

Do you think the company will pay for the diffrent test, as an acomidation for a disablity. Or will I have to pay out of pocket for the cost diffrence.

Do you think the company will pay for the diffrent test, as an acomidation for a disablity. Or will I have to pay out of pocket for the cost diffrence.

That should count under the ADA's "reasonable accomodation" rule, but only if you are medically incontinent. If not medically incontinent, you should just do the regular test rather than end up with incontinence falsly put on your medical records... especially since it would make urinary problems a pre-existing condition if this job has insurance.

That should count under the ADA's "reasonable accomodation" rule, but only if you are medically incontinent. If not medically incontinent, you should just do the regular test rather than end up with incontinence falsly put on your medical records... especially since it would make urinary problems a pre-existing condition if this job has insurance.

I am Medically Incontinent due to a stroke i had five years ago. The stoke left me incontinent and the left side of my face is mostly paralised.

I dont want to disclose my incontinence to the place Im interviewing. wheather it's right or not it could be a factor in getting the job.

The reason i looking for a job now is that at the clothing store i wokred at our regonal manager, checking for stolen product searched all employee bags.

When she searched mine she found my diapers. Within a week my hours were cut to 1 day, 5 hours shift a week, and Everyone in the reagon knew about my diapers. It was like i leaper.

After the stroke it took me a long time to come to terms with my incontinence, and wearing diapers all the time, I have accepeted and have grown to Like it.

It's the idiots out there that dont understand or want to understand that im "gunshy" about.

Thanks

Adam

So I'm a bit gunshy.

Hi Adam,

Apparently she does not realize how illegal what she did to you is. You probably have a good case through the ADA/EEOC representative in your state (I take it you are in the US). But that would be up to you to initiate if you wanted.

Since all companies use outside drug testing vendors (even if they are on-site or not) there are many listed if you do a search in Google. The ones I looked at all had an 800 number and you could anonymously call them, explain exactly what you said here and ask how they handle it. If you want to make sure you are completely anonymous, call them from a pay phone. Most people don't know that the phone number you are calling from will show up to the owner of the 800 number even if you have caller ID blocking. This is because since they pay for the call they have the legal right to see the calling number.

Your posting made me angry that she reduced your hours and let others know about your situation. That is not only illegal but downright cruel. I wish you the best of luck in finding a new job.

Sonny

all you have to do is,, when you go for the test is say that you dont have to urinate, they will only wait so long before they give you the option of having a blood test instead, you can also request a blood test from the company adminestring the test. It is also HIGHLY elligal , for the clothing company to disclose this information that they have. I would suggest contacting them, and asking them what they intend to do about this outrage. You have a right to ask your employer why this happened, and they have to by law compinsate you for this. The ADA has very little tolerence for this sort of thing,,, you have more rights than you think.I agree with dl man,, contact your nearest office at once,, good luck

Thanks guys for the advice. I called the testing company and a blood test or a pee test it's my choice :) . the company dose get charged more for a blood test, but I won't have to pay anything.

As for my old job. I talked to my old manager that quit the month before and she will testify for me for unemployment that the area manager tells managers to do what they did to me to get them to leave. And I had the best sales and customer compliments in the store. :)

Also I called there "business abuse line" and told them about the situation.

Good luck and don't get discouraged, but I think you have every right to be employed there and if not there your credentials should help you get another job. Also use your former manager and ask if he/she would be willing to write a letter of recommendation. If the company fails to correct the situation, try contacting the state, dept. of Labor. And you may want to do that anyway when you are looking to get unemployment. Hang in there. :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...