LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does anyone ever get sore from wet diapers?

In the beginning when my incontinence began, I got several rashes  because my skin wasn't used to be exposed to urine. Now my skin has become accustomed and I seldom get a rash. But I also wear premium diapers which wicks moisture away from the skin. If I use thinner products I still get the itching and feeling of a rash due to the diaper not being able to wick efficiently.

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2017 at 7:11 PM, Spokane Girl said:

I use rash cream for each diaper change so I won't get a rash. 

After having gotten a strong stinging sensation, I now use diaper cream each time

Even better is to use cornstarch powder on the affected area works wonders only use when changing 

On 04/01/2018 at 10:17 PM, onsie said:

fun is when your dr tells you its a diaper rash

My Doctor warned me that one of the biggest problems I would face being incontinent and wearing nappies all the time would be rashes and break down of skin. He told me it was bound to happen to some extent. I am prescribed sudocreme and use it all the time.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:16 AM, Always In Diaper said:

I am sometimes getting sore from wet diapers. I wear 24/7 and can not go without!

I need more information, like what your daily routine is generally like. I'm assuming you mean you're actually incontinent and that you're refering to diaper rash. I've spoken with incontinent individuals elsewhere before and gained some insight how they like to manage it.

I never really had any issues with rashes or painful spots. I maintain a good hygienic standard and change my wet diaper well before it starts to irritate. I hardly ever use creams or powders to counteract rashes or sore spots and I am in diapers 24/7. I do drink a lot of water during the day so my urine doesn’t become too concentrated I think that is the most important aspect of being in diapers.

Sometimes I get sore from the SAP drying out my skin and other times I get sore from plastic leakguards rubbing against my skin for longer periods of time. I have to be very careful about covering up with lotion and powder which cuts down on the first. I'm not sure it helps with the second and I wear larger diapers. Guess I could try to keep them a little less tight around the legs? Scared about leaks.

I don’t wear 24/7, but I do have pretty resilient skin. I can stay in a wet diaper for a while, and the longest I’ve been in a messy diaper has been over 12 hours (messed before bed, and then got up and around the house for a few more hours still messy) without incident. I only changed that one because roommates were going to be coming home within a few hours. 

• 1 month later...

In the past 50 or so years I have not had diaper rash, even after wearing wet cloth diapers for over 8 hours. Chafing is another story. disposables chaff bad when wet and the elastic in the legs compounds the problem. I have found anhydrous lanolin is a good barrier and lubricant to prevent or treat chafing. I buy it in the one pound jar, it lasts over a year, and costs less than other barrier ointments.