LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Does anyone ever get sore from wet diapers?

Do you mean like getting a diaper rash? I don't wear mine for more than maybe 2 pees and only 1 poop before I get changed and cleaned so I rarely have a problem. I also am powdered well and have baby lotion applied. I have gotten a few times some very mild diaper rash where I have had to have diaper rash cream applied for a few days.

I don't get rashes but I think I know what you mean by soreness. My skin gets irritated by exposure to wetness. This also goes for sweat or even just getting wet in the rain. In terms of diapers I have found using some sort of barrier cream with powder over that mostly can protect my skin. It doesn't always 100% work but it's way better than using nothing. In th epast I had tried using either powder or cream and using both works way better.

I get a rash from wearing wet diapers. The summer wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants there is more heat inside. Depending on how much you drink your urine can be stronger. I too know what it's like to be sore in between your legs.

There are many different approaches to reducing the chance of a rash, but first of all is cleanliness of the skin. All by itself, pee will not harm your skin. It is when the pee combines with something else such as the yeasts in the air that problems begin. Since you cannot avoid every possible contamination with everything else all you can do is reduce their presence. Much of the bad stuff lurks in your skin pores so deep-cleaning there will go a long way in prevention. Barrier creams will wear away over time so then the pores are exposed along with anything inside of them. If you're clean underneath they can help. I don't use them because they can also get into the skin pores and trap anything nasty in there which will cause problems later.

Chafing is a separate matter. Like callouses on your feet, the skin will grow thicker where there is chafing or rubbing over time as a means of protecting itself and your body underneath. My skin is naturally pretty rugged which helps but everyone's skin will adapt over time as long as it is otherwise healthy during the process. It is when the skin is not healthy that

• 3 weeks later...

I wear diapers 24/7 and I'll get a mild diaper rash from time to time nothing serious however. They are easily treated for I act at the first signs, it all depends the acidity of your urine, I do not poop my diaper. In general I find that a decent diaper rash cream will take care of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to check the diaper often and change it if it's wet. It's not a good idea to wear a wet diaper for long periods of time. There is a barrier cream I like called Sensicare. It's a combination of zinc oxide and petrolatum. It's a good idea to use a barrier cream if you have to be in a wet diaper for long periods of time like at nighttime. 

Another thing that helps is diaper free time to allow the skin time to breathe.  If you are worried about an accident, put a pad on the furniture.

• Like 1

I'm not 24/7 but I have been for a couple days at a time before. I usually stay in and try to completely soak one diaper for about 10 hours. If I'm pulling another shift I'll change for another 8 hour shift. Worst I've got from wetting is mild chafing and bright red nuts.