• Aithest
    • Other
  2. 2. Are polls like this a good idea

• No, religion is a private matter
    • It might not be the best
    • I don't have a strong opinion either way
    • Yes, it's kind of neat to know more about our community
    • Definitely, I don't know why people are so shy about religious topics

Christian without belonging to any church or organization. I do not believe in putting "man" between me and my God; and dislike the politics of organized "branches" of Christianity. (No judgement to those who chose to belong to such groups, whatever your personal relationship to God involves is okay with me.)

2 hours ago, oliver d said:

No offence people I am anti all forms of religion as they are the cause of nearly all the wars and chaos in the world

I'm kind of the same way, but still always keep in mind that the vast majority of people aren't the kind who would actually go to war over their religion.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

I'm kind of the same way, but still always keep in mind that the vast majority of people aren't the kind who would actually go to war over their religion.

That

• 2 weeks later...

I consider myself a Christian. Growing up we went to Church for Christmas and Easter and that was about it but I was always taught to be kind and respectful to others by my parents which I think is really important. Now my girlfriend and I don't attend Church but we still both consider ourselves Christians.

As for the matter of it being appropriate or not, I think it is fine if people just state what they are and don't start judging others.

I'm an Atheist, I take no problem with anyone believing in any deity so long as they do not shove it down my throat. I am against massively organized religion which controls and brainwashes people. I agree with the Ethics just not the way they are woven into dogma and propaganda to make people say: "I am right therefore you are wrong and if you don't agree with me, I will kill you."

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Tain said:

I'm an Atheist, I take no problem with anyone believing in any deity so long as they do not shove it down my throat. I am against massively organized religion which controls and brainwashes people. I agree with the Ethics just not the way they are woven into dogma and propaganda to make people say: "I am right therefore you are wrong and if you don't agree with me, I will kill you."

Well, I'm Christian, but I never considered it being superior to other religions. Well, I did in the past - when I was younger, but now that I have gathered enough knowledge I gotta say, that I believe in one god but it's not Jesus Christ, it's not any other god as well - it's not Thor, it's not Allah - I believe in a life in the galaxy, I believe in a one creator that has possibly created our world and many different in the galaxy. I don't believe also that he has any impact on our lives and all what we we do or what happens to us is an effect of many random evens in combination. Of course we are free to make decisions and choices, but for example me becoming permanently incontinence wasn't a choice. It was a random thing that happens once/10,000 lives or so and God didn't help me reverse it nor he does help many people who are far more handicapped etc. So, I pray everyday before sleep, but my beliefs are much closer to atheism than to any other religion. Shortly: I believe in a power beyond us :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a monotheistic realist with general christian protestant beliefs. Personal beliefs are just that- personal- and therefore should not be imposed onto others ;) That point is where all organized religions fail miserably which is why I refuse to be a part of any of them :wub:

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SoggyBottom said:

I'm Christian went to church until my car acident now it is hard to go. I still beleve.

I think cristian religions have a clear distiction beween the letter of the law and the spirit of the law, so if you can't make it to church because of any legitimate reason, that shouldn't be held against you.  Anyway, hope you start feeling better soon.