LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buying adult cloth diapers

Well I got tired of my cloth baby diapers being so out of shape that I trashe them all.I know its going to cost me a heck of a lot of money to buy the adult ones but right now I don't care.Going to start buying three a month until I go

Been happy with the quality and service from adultclothdiaper.com. (Do not go to adultclothdiaperS.com, cyber squatter possible malware.)

Been using birdseye night weight prefold with one soaker for overnight use. They're so thick they take forever to wash and dry and they're quite a lump between my legs. If or when I buy new ones, I'd get the day weights and use more boosters if necessary.

One thing I found by trial and error is, buy a bigger size than you think you need from the size chart. Again, this is for night wear, maybe not as necessary for day wear.

I use the Leakmaster deluxe vinyl pants, extra heavy weight. By trial and error, I found I needed two sizes larger than the diaper, for the bulky night weight diapers and for comfort around my fat thighs. If you get day weights with minimal bulk in the crotch, and if your legs are not fatter than average, you may need only 1x larger or same nominal size.

I have been very happy with changingtimediaperco.com and babypants.com. The name of the second is a big turn off for me, but the twill prefolds are very nice. CTDC has nicer contour diapers. Now

Go on ebay and get some to try out.Make sure of your size,rise and style you want. I always use cloth,have tried disposables and hate them. Too hot to wear.I would advise against velcro,I like a nice prefold,2-4-2 with

Well just a little update,got my first two adult cloth diapers.One thing is for sure from now on I'm going to buy medeums .Large is just to big I know its going to cost me a heck of a lot of money but its gonna feel a lot more comfortable.Im going to buy a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It does cost a lot of money to get started with cloth diapers. Ordering one of a style and size until you find THE one that suits you. Once you settle on one you start to save money and are set for life or until the company discontinues your favorite or goes out of business, I've experience with both. My favorite, by the dozen, cost 1/3 the price of most, but the company dropped the line and now I am starting over.

What about simply using a towel? Flour Sack towels make great diapers. You can double them if you want, and use an insert as needed. And they're cheap, cheap, cheap. I bought a package of 4 for $3.99 + sales tax. I found them at Target. I got the 30X30 inch size. Works great.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:24 PM, le Hollandais said:

What about simply using a towel?

This might work for a hobbyist but for those of us who have no choice, real cloth diapers is the way to go. Get used to compromise, and finding the diaper that is closest to what works right- then modifying it until it is perfect. That is what many of us have had to do, just to get by. Diapers are made for one size, and our bodies are all different in size and shape. That is why there is such a difference of opinion about what works right.

Having ranted on about the value of cloth, I use paper disposables each week while traveling for work. I am slowly building up my cloth stash for weekends and when I can enjoy my retirement.

On 2/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, waynecook52 said:

Le Hollandais,Beleave me I have used towels as diapers many times.Useing towels just is not th same.I want to wear diapers not towels as diapers.

Oh, OK. Sorry. I didn't mean to push your buttons.

7 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

Oh, OK. Sorry. I didn't mean to push your buttons.

You did not.What I should have said is,many of us have used towels.I wear 24/7/365.How ofen do YOU wear?Like WetDad said this might work for someon how just does it once in awile but not for us.

On 2/24/2018 at 9:56 PM, waynecook52 said:

How often do YOU wear? 

Fair question. As I live with my wife, who doesn't know, and who only recently retired and is home much more than she used to be, I don't wear very often, it is true. 

I have looked at the prices on the internet from a few companies, why are cloth diapers so expensive? I don't understand.....

Penry

I buy diaper flannel online from fabric.com for about $7.00 a yard. The price has gone up over the years, but not by much I get it by the yard and cut individual diapers from it. The fabric is 27" wide, but you can also get flannel that is 36" wide from a variety of fabric suppliers. You have to hem the front and back edges on a sewing machine so the fabric doesn't fray, but it's no big deal. I also make Zorb soaker panels and get the Zorb from wazoodle.com, which also sells diaper flannel.