LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did you grew up a bedwetter

stevewet

I've wet the bed (and also been almost fully incontinent in the daytime) since I was a kid, due to an accident which caused severe and irreversible spinal injury.

The journey has at times been difficult, but I've learned to enjoy my nappies and the overall feeling of security they provide. I've also learned to manage my bedwetting fairly well over the last 30 or so years by trial and error. It's become such an ingrained part of my bedtime routine that on occasions where i've been catheterized in hospital, the lack of a nappy has felt foreign and resulted in a sleepless night, as something just didn't feel "right". Luckily enough the nurses  have always been obliging in swapping the catheter for a nappy.

I was always in disposables as a kid and through my teenage years, only trying cloth later in life. As it happens, whilst cloth do provide excellent coverage (as I'm a side-sleeper, disposables would often leak on me), they never had sufficient absorbency (no matter how many layers), given that I'm a fairly large guy, who either doesn't produce ADH (Antidiuretic hormone), or it is ineffective, I can (and usually do) wet a LOT (like 5+ liters) in a night.

As an adult, I've found a combination of disposables, boosters and rubber pants which pretty much guarantee no leaks, which has been a huge relief and reduced the anxiety of bedtime quite a bit.

I'm actually glad I came to enjoy wearing nappies, as otherwise life would be a real drag (even now that I like them, there are times when it's not all that convenient). Nonetheless, even if by some magic and witchcraft (or a new medical procedure), I was able to sleep without wetting, I don't think I'd be able to sleep without my nappies, as their soft, nurturing and secure feeling helps me to drift off to sleep, knowing I'm safe.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes.  About every night until I was around 12 and then frequently for the next few years.By the time I went to college I was still having accidents and it would come and go.  Stil like that today although I probably wet at night more now than I did in my 20's

2 hours ago, Floater said:

Yes.  About every night until I was around 12 and then frequently for the next few years.By the time I went to college I was still having accidents and it would come and go.  Stil like that today although I probably wet at night more now than I did in my 20's

Have you always worn a diaper at night, or is that a recent development?

1 hour ago, WBxx said:

Have you always worn a diaper at night, or is that a recent development?

I don't know about recent.  Was not an every night diaper wearer from college into my early 30's, but for the past several years just seems easier than dealing with the drama.  And since I became a regular wearer, I think I wet more frequently and sleep better.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 7:15 PM, Idzy said:

I've wet the bed (and also been almost fully incontinent in the daytime) since I was a kid, due to an accident which caused severe and irreversible spinal injury.

The journey has at times been difficult, but I've learned to enjoy my nappies and the overall feeling of security they provide. I've also learned to manage my bedwetting fairly well over the last 30 or so years by trial and error. It's become such an ingrained part of my bedtime routine that on occasions where i've been catheterized in hospital, the lack of a nappy has felt foreign and resulted in a sleepless night, as something just didn't feel "right". Luckily enough the nurses  have always been obliging in swapping the catheter for a nappy.

I was always in disposables as a kid and through my teenage years, only trying cloth later in life. As it happens, whilst cloth do provide excellent coverage (as I'm a side-sleeper, disposables would often leak on me), they never had sufficient absorbency (no matter how many layers), given that I'm a fairly large guy, who either doesn't produce ADH (Antidiuretic hormone), or it is ineffective, I can (and usually do) wet a LOT (like 5+ liters) in a night.

As an adult, I've found a combination of disposables, boosters and rubber pants which pretty much guarantee no leaks, which has been a huge relief and reduced the anxiety of bedtime quite a bit.

I'm actually glad I came to enjoy wearing nappies, as otherwise life would be a real drag (even now that I like them, there are times when it's not all that convenient). Nonetheless, even if by some magic and witchcraft (or a new medical procedure), I was able to sleep without wetting, I don't think I'd be able to sleep without my nappies, as their soft, nurturing and secure feeling helps me to drift off to sleep, knowing I'm safe.

I don't think I could sleep without nappies either.

• 2 months later...

I was never just a bedwetter. I had continence issues throughout childhood and when they were at their worst I was bedwetting irregularly. When they were absent or not severe, though, I was dry at night.

I'm a chronic bedwetter now but this likely has to do with the fact that I stopped trying to stay continent.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 1:27 AM, Kaliborio said:

I was never just a bedwetter. I had continence issues throughout childhood and when they were at their worst I was bedwetting irregularly. When they were absent or not severe, though, I was dry at night.

I'm a chronic bedwetter now but this likely has to do with the fact that I stopped trying to stay continent.

I have to admit I gave up trying to stay dry.

I was a chronic bedwetter until about age 10. I wore disposable diapers to bed for most of that time, as this was in the 1980's, and pull-ups didn't exist. I had a couple of sets of cloth diapers, and I actually have clearer memories of wearing those, than I do of the Pampers, but my mom tells me that she didn't like the work involved with cloth diapers and only used them as backup if she ran out of disposables, whereas I had always thought it was closer to 50/50, based on my recollection, but memory is a funny thing.