LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did you grew up a bedwetter

stevewet

22 hours ago, deewet said:

I am surprised that at three and with the problems you just described, you mother would allow you to go to bed without protection other than a rubber sheet to protect the mattress.

In the area where I grew up(midwest country boy), the mothers were not hesitant to return their kids to diapers if they wet the bed more than once in a couple months- guess they would rather wash diapers on occasion as opposed to washing the bed, or as you described, just allowing it to air dry and smell up the whole room.  Granted someone with a serious wetting problem would have a stinky diaper pail typically in their room, but at least our beds were clean when we went to bed at night.  

Once I reached about 8 or 9 nappies were not an option in our  house. Our district nurse was convinced if I was wet and uncomfortable I would soon stop wetting the bed. It didn't work. I just had to endure a wet bed and just got used to it.

On and off during post potty training years. Some protection but also some chastisement for day or night accidents -not physically punished but made to feel I was very bad.

Recurring problem as an adult before in mid life becoming incontinent

1 hour ago, dribblerlot said:

On and off during post potty training years. Some protection but also some chastisement for day or night accidents -not physically punished but made to feel I was very bad.

Recurring problem as an adult before in mid life becoming incontinent

Same here.although I was wet at night most of the time until my 20's

I did not wet the bed until I was 12 then it was mostly every night until I was almost 17 when it stopped for some reason.  It was very embarrassing  at the time because my mother insisted on diapering me before bedtime.  If she was not around she had my older sister diaper me.  Then when I was 27 I started bedwetting again.  My wife diapers me now.  She is very understanding but does treat me like a toddler who has a problem.

• 8 months later...

I grew up incontinent but I was always told I'd outgrow bedwetting. I'd stop wetting and pooping my trainning pants and diapers... Yada yada yada. You've all heard the stories, I'm sure...

In the fifties, I don't remember anyone really Talking about bedwetting. But I knew dozens of kids in my neighborhood who were diapered every night, for whatever reason,  and it never seemed to be a Big Deal.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm way late to the party here.

I wet every single night until I was 13. I would have the occasional accident all the way up until now. I now wet without knowing no less than 3 nights a week. The other nights when I do wake up I just wet and fall back to sleep because I am diapered. 

I had a crazy childhood. Dad was military and absolutely forbade any protection for my pants and bed wetting. At 11 I wound up in a foster home for a year, and then went to live with Mom. My daytime control was iffy till my early teens, but even then I didn't go a month without visibly wet pants. Bedwetting was a nightly thing which only began slowing around 9 or 10, then became nightly again at 11. Moving in with Mom got me back on track to the slowing, but even at 15 there was still a 50/50 chance of a wet bed. It slowly tapered off and I became 99% dry around 20 as long as I hadn't drank any alcohol, but since I did a lot of that the true ratio was around 15% wet nights with about the same ratio for a soaking instead of a smallish wetting. Even ten years later, heavy drinking meant a 50/50 chance of a wet bed. That never changed till I stopped drinking. 

It was my bedwetting that got me started with 'diapering'- not real ones but homemade efforts like towels, baby blankets, and whatever stuffed into my undies. I had began cross dressing at 14, but I still kept boy briefs around for their improved absorbency and for times where I knew I'd be exposed. Sometimes the 'diaper' worked, but I could never craft any reliable plastic panties, so the bed ended up wet anyway. Backing up a bit here, when I moved back in with Mom we were almost dirt poor. I had a single bed which she couldn't afford to replace. I totally rejected plastic on after a nosy friend sat on it and heard the crinkling, then pulled the sheet back and saw the old shower curtain on it and the stains underneath. In a couple years time it was beginning to deteriorate; the top padding clumping and the cover ripping apart. My room smelled of pee so much that my door was kept closed and the windows open anytime that was possible. At first she washed the bedding, then made me do it. Being a teen boy I hated doing my laundry and just left the bedding there half the time. The final compromise was that I'd roll up my bedding when I wet, and she'd wash it if she had time. Sometime around 13 I got a 'new' mattress, actually a good used one but at least not falling apart. I had to drag my old mattress out to the ditch in front of the house where the County used to pick things up for disposal monthly. My pee-stained mattress sat there over a week, and it was pretty clear for all to see so I tried to put stuff on it to hide the staining but I still got more than a few questions and comments from friends and the kids on the school bus. Puberty hit at 14 and my bedwetting became a nightly thing again, so within a year my bed was shot once again. But this time Mom said if I wanted a new one I'd have to buy it myself. By 16 I'd quit school and had a job, but there was no money for a mattress. My extra money was going into lingerie, which by then had become my normal underwear. I remember one Saturday morning when I'd woke up wet in the night, the went back to sleep mostly because I didn't have any dry panties to change into in the house as that was all hidden outside and in my car. As luck would have it I slept late and woke to see a friend there with the black spaghetti straps of my nightie exposed. I quickly pulled the sheet up but he had to have seen them. Nothing was ever said though.   Springs began to poke through on both sides till around 19 when I got my own place. Even with a thick blanket on it, the springs would poke through and it made for more laundry, which by now I had to do on my own, and that was whenever I wet the bed. By then my bedwetting was mostly over, and I spent around a third of my nights sleeping elsewhere. When I moved out, once again my ruined mattress went into the ditch, but this time it stayed there nearly a month. When I finally got my own used bed it started to follow the same pattern, but plastic garbage bags went under the sheets to protect it. All this kind of destroyed my social life, as there was no chance of getting a girl onto the crinkly bed.

As I grew older my daytime wetting stopped. Panties aren't very absorbent so it had to be that way. The occasional sober bedwetting still happens a half dozen times a year but was unpredictable. Going to bed drunk was still a pretty good chance for bedwetting, and that was kind of regular. By now the trash bag went from under the sheet to under a towel which I slept on anytime I thought I might wet. All through life I'd been attracted to diapers but it was only when I finally got online that I discovered the ABDL world and adult sized plastic panties which ended the problem of my lifetime bedwetting. I became clean and sober permanently which fairly ended my bedwetting. I'd wake up and get up several times every night to pee, which eventually got old and bothersome so I began diapering for bed and peeing there. Leaks happened but I wouldn't and still won't get up till morning. Now I'm diapered 24/7 and while wetting in my sleep is rare, I still love when it happens. At least I always get up wet in the mornings so all is well in life. I think that if I tried, I could learn to wet in my sleep and I might just do that. 

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...

I wet the bed pretty regularly until I was about 12 and then it was on and off until I was about 15 and then it stopped and now due to my incon I wake up every morning in a wet diaper

11 hours ago, BabyJohnny92 said:

Over the past couple of months I have been waking up with wet underwear.I am scared to buy diapers because I don't want anyone finding out

I'm confused.  You list yourself as incontinent but just wake up with wet underwear?  I would think if you were actually incontinent you would always be wetting yourself with no control, not just waking up with wet underwear.

On 9/21/2018 at 9:06 PM, BabyJohnny92 said:

Over the past couple of months I have been waking up with wet underwear.I am scared to buy diapers because I don't want anyone finding out

On 9/22/2018 at 8:09 AM, BabyJohnny92 said:

Sorry.I should have mentioned throughout the day I wet.I became incontinent almost a year ago.

That clears things up then, maybe.  If you have been wetting yourself in the day for almost a year, how have you been managing to get along without wearing some kind of diaper or absorbent underpant?  I would have though, scared or not, you would have been buying and wearing some protection.  Better for someone to eventually find out, like a store clerk who doesn't care anyway than to walk around in visibly wet pants.

• 9 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 6:57 PM, Newbee said:

I wet the bed pretty regularly until I was about 12 and then it was on and off until I was about 15 and then it stopped and now due to my incon I wake up every morning in a wet diaper

If you don't mind me asking. What caused your incontinence?

4 hours ago, stevewet said:

If you don't mind me asking. What caused your incontinence?

All any doctor has been able to work out is that I have a small bladder and very weak bladder muscles.

I remember having to stay in hospital in a children's ward when I was about 5 years old and the boy in the bed opposite was told off by the nurses for wetting his bed. I remember thinking that he was at least a couple of years older than me and I had long stopped wetting the bed at night, so I must have become fully toilet trained at a relatively early age. I've often wondered if remembering that time in hospital was some kind of trigger for my desire too become IC and a bedwetter again!

I was a bedwetter until I was 10 years old. After that, I don’t remember any nighttime problems, though there may have been some accidents. During the day, I had a one hour bladder.  If I could get to a toilet once an hour I was okay.  Anytime I couldn’t, I wore a diaper.  It wasn’t until I was 16 that I finally stopped wearing diapers and that’s when my surreptitious use began. 

• 3 weeks later...

I grew up as a bedwetter, but I am also dyslexic, which was little known about back then, so grew up with a very low opinion of myself. My father was a bedwetter but did little to help me. I was taken out of nappies at about three years old and just had to suffer the clod wet nights and the crinkly plastic sheet. At 12 they sent me to boarding school a hundred miles away where the wetting slowed to once a week, roughly. My bed always had the red rubber sheet on it but I don't remember ever being humiliated or laughed at. 

After school the wetting continued but by then I was a confirmed AB 50% and DL 50%. That has been tougher to live with than anything, but after more than 50  years of berating myself about it I now accept that it is a part of who I am and I try to make use of it. In essence I have a more 'youthful' outlook than many people of my age. So now I enjoy my nappies 24/7 and have gone from night wetting to wetting whenever I like. 

• Like 1
On 8/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, skizics said:

I grew up incontinent but I was always told I'd outgrow bedwetting. I'd stop wetting and pooping my trainning pants and diapers... Yada yada yada. You've all heard the stories, I'm sure...

In the fifties, I don't remember anyone really Talking about bedwetting. But I knew dozens of kids in my neighborhood who were diapered every night, for whatever reason,  and it never seemed to be a Big Deal.

Same here I was always told I would grow out of it and I did eventually but not until my early 20's. I knew quite a few other kids that wet their beds regularly but most grew out of it by their teens if not earlier

When I was a baby I had to have bladder surgery because I was only a pound and a half (I know even I'm surprised I survived) and as I grew older I was constantly wetting my bed and I'm skinny enough to still fit into a size 7 diaper and a 4t-5t pull-ups I love wearing diapers and my bed wetting never stopped. I am now 29

IMG_-9loxj9.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

Wet my bed until my early teens on a regular basis, and wore nappies at night until I was 10. By mid teens virtually no bed wetting, but never really totally went away - I have always had a plastic sheet on my mattress just in case.

Regular wetting returned at 40 and now I wear a nappy every night again, and wet my bed every night. Use disposables now, not like the cloth ones and plastic pants I used as a boy 

I wet my bed until I was 9.  This was back in the early and mid 60's so I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants to bed.  I was told that I was rushed through potty training when I turned 2 mainly because my little sister had been born 21 months after me, and my mom didn't want two children in diapers at the same time.  I wonder if my bed wetting had anything to do with being rushed through potty training.  I can remember when I was around 4 years old and still wearing and wetting my training pants during the day.  By the time I was in kindergarten I was pretty much dry during the day but had a few accidents at nap time.  I was living in Hawaii at that time because my father was stationed there with the Marine Corps and went to the school on base which had full day kindergarten.  We would have our lunch and I remember drinking passion fruit punch and maybe too much because I would wet during my nap.  Later in life when I was in the Marine Corps and stationed in Hawaii I again drank some passion fruit punch and that brought back fond memories of when I was in kindergarten.