LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Did you grew up a bedwetter

stevewet

Did you grew up a bedwetter or did it start in later life?

2 minutes ago, stevewet said:

Did you grew up a bedwetter or did it start in later life?

I was a chronic bedwetter throughout my childhood and teenage years. I wasn't reliably dry at night until my early 20's. I started wetting again in my late 40's and now am back to nightly bedwetting. I couldn't be happier. I love being a bedwetter. To be honest I always did.

According to my family I was day dry at 30 months and night dry at 33 months. Only if I was very sick did I wet in bed, therefore Mom then would diaper me for bed.

Just after I reached puberty I reverted to bedwetting. That was when I was taught to pin on my own gauze diapers and to cover them with Gerber vinyl panties.

The summer I turned 21 I lost all of my day bladder control. I have needed diapers 24/7 since then.

Had spouts of bedwetting until 7, but was out of diapers at 4. So occasionally wet beds. Then it stopped, only to come back in my late thirties. Now I wet in bed every night, but wear cloth diapers and waterproof pants....my wife bought me my first diapers when it all started

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk

I stopped wetting the bed when I was about 10 years old. Then I experienced a medical mishap when I was 14 years that permanently damaged my ability to control my bladder. I've been a bedwetter ever since then and have had daytime issues that are serious enough to require me to wear a daytime diaper for about the past 30 years.

I had a few daytime accidents when I was growing up, but those stopped by time I was a teen ager.

Most notable was when I was in elementary school, probably about 7-8 and we still had outdoor play breaks.

Growing up in a family of seven there were several of us who wet the bed well past the age of 5.  I myself  did not start having any dry nights until I was past the age of 12. out of the 5 of us that wet past the age of 6  two of us wetted well in to our teen age years. 

• Like 2

Yes, I have started wetting bed when I was 12 but this process was very slow, at the beginning from just small drops to later flooding the bed when I was 18. I did pretty good job hiding it I gotta say, well wasn't that hard when I was a kid, but later I managed to hide it until I was in college from my parents and then I also failed to hide it from my peers. Don't know what was more embarrassing for me back then, my parents learning about it or my friends from college, though my parents didn't make such a big deal from it, they know that thing like this happen. Also my friends from college didn't care that much, I'm sure they talked about it among themselves, but never once it has bounced back to me.

Basically wet the bed every night till age 23. Wow, I know. I had friend, but they never come over and I never went over to their house either. I was always afraid that I would have to answer that question of why I wear diapers at night. When I was 23 the one new doctor I saw put me on meds to help with it. I wanted a girlfriend so I stopped drinking fluids and took more of the medication than I was suppose to take with it really help. I started dating girl I was seeing in my teens but stopped seeing her when she was getting to close to me and wanted to come over to my house. After we got close and the bedwetting was for the most part under control I was hospitalized for liver damage and had to stop taking the meds. Thats when I started to wet the bed again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wouldn’t say I grew up with bedwetting, because it luckily stopped for me at about age 6. But it left indelible impressions on me none the less. I was out of diapers for good by 3. Mom would not have me in diapers longer. I had a plastic sheet to save the mattress, and that was it. I suffer some teasing for my bedwetting, from my older sister. I wasn’t allowed any drinks before bed. I was always reminded to visit the bathroom before bed too. 

Later, I found out my dad was also a bedwetter. Don’t know how old he was, when it stopped for him. And he had a rubber sheet, where I had the plastic. 

I hated waking up in that cold puddle, having to then wake my mom, change everything, and then try to get back to sleep. I wish I would have had diapers! There were no paper disposable pull ups back then. 

Sounds a lot like me Bill, with the exception of being diapered only at night until I was about 6.  I wasn't teased by family members that I can remember.  Too bad you weren't allowed diapers for bed back then.  It was actually an acceptable thing for parents to do with young bedwetting children, even though it wasn't openly talked about.  I read many years ago that bedwetting is hereditary in many cases.  One of both parent probably bedwet when they were young.  Neither parent of mine ever said they wet the bed, my brother never wet the bed so I may have just been an odd ball out. 

• Like 1

The only person I knew of that still wet the bed as they grew up was an older sister of one of my best boy hood friends.  When ever I was at his house in his room, the room across the hall was always closed, which was where his older sister slept.  He said it was because it smelled cause she still wet the bed as a 17yr old.  Only one occasion that I remember when the door was open, and we stuck our heads in to smell the room, and it did smell of wet diapers. 

I thought this was actually somewhat of a turn on, and often wondered about her years later when she got married if she still wet the bed?  Bet her husband got to help her change which would have been really cool.

Not exactly what this topic is about, but something I always have remembered when thinking about wetting the bed as kids grew up.

5 hours ago, deewet said:

The only person I knew of that still wet the bed as they grew up was an older sister of one of my best boy hood friends.  When ever I was at his house in his room, the room across the hall was always closed, which was where his older sister slept.  He said it was because it smelled cause she still wet the bed as a 17yr old.  Only one occasion that I remember when the door was open, and we stuck our heads in to smell the room, and it did smell of wet diapers. 

I thought this was actually somewhat of a turn on, and often wondered about her years later when she got married if she still wet the bed?  Bet her husband got to help her change which would have been really cool.

Not exactly what this topic is about, but something I always have remembered when thinking about wetting the bed as kids grew up.

Yes growing up I was far from the only bedwetter among my friends and their siblings. I often wonder just how many never really grew out of it or at least carried on in to their 20's like me.

No I became a bed-wetter as a result of my un-potty training by wearing and using my diapers 24/7 for a few years. Now I am completely diaper depended for both wetting and messing. Only my wife knows that I was un-potty trained on purpose the rest of the family was told it was from a medical issue.  

I was a bedwetter til age 5/6.  Then only had periodic accidents through adolescence and teen years.  During college accidents came back and I started wearing diapers again regularly.

Yes, I remember from when I was just three and I was no longer in diapers.  I would wake up in wet pajamas and in the morning my mother just used a small pail to put between the rubber sheet and the bottom sheet so that it would dry during the day.  She only washed sheets and clothes once a week so my room always smelled of stale pee and so did my pajamas. 

If I woke up wet, I tried to sleep in the driest part of the bed until morning.  The idea of wearing a diaper for the condition never really entered my mind even though I was instinctively attracted to them whenever I saw them drying on clotheslines. 

That went on throughout my childhood at least three times a week accompanied by minor dribbling in the daytime.  For me it was an  annoyance. 

At about age 12, I remember a few times that I had spasms during the day time and was unable to control my bladder at all resulting in completely soaked pants, but fortunately on those occasions I was able to conceal it so that  nobody ever found out.

The dribbling did result in small wet spots at the front of my pants from time to time and that was seen by my classmates for which, of course, I was ridiculed.  Quick recovery from the immediate devastation just made me stronger for the later problems of life.

At 13, my bedwetting and dribbling just seemed to stop for which I was very grateful.

• Like 1

I am surprised that at three and with the problems you just described, you mother would allow you to go to bed without protection other than a rubber sheet to protect the mattress.

In the area where I grew up(midwest country boy), the mothers were not hesitant to return their kids to diapers if they wet the bed more than once in a couple months- guess they would rather wash diapers on occasion as opposed to washing the bed, or as you described, just allowing it to air dry and smell up the whole room.  Granted someone with a serious wetting problem would have a stinky diaper pail typically in their room, but at least our beds were clean when we went to bed at night.