LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

have you told others you wet

And to second what Brudda Voodu and I said, when watching those commercials, look at the women after they have gotten dressed over their Depends or Tena pull on underwear.  They look at themselves in the mirror and their voice over has them saying, "No one can tell I'm wearing bladder control underwear".  Those commercials are indeed made to sell their products but not in a way that says, "I'm wearing diapers".  Just the opposite, they are aimed at being discreet so everyone doesn't know.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Luvs24 said:

My wife and family are supportive that I need to wear diapers.

Same here all my close friend sand family know and it isn't a problem

• Like 1

Daddy knows and of course my hubby knows and my two best friends know but that’s it. I don’t feel that other people need to know.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally told my Doctor that I wet the bed... I have for years, but always to embarrassed to say anything. I had my latest physical at the beginning of May, and being in my 60's, there's always the Prostate/urinary questions... My PSA test came back normal, but he still asked about urinating frequency, if I had good flow, etc... And this time He asked if I ever had night time incontinence problems. I thought about it a second, and said "Yes, every once in a while.." He asked how often, how long... I said "A few times a month, for a few years..."  I paused a second, and said I'm kind of embarrassed about, that's why I have not mentioned it before. He responded "You're not the first who's said that."   

Then he asked how I was managing it. I told him I was using "washable incontinence garments".  (I didn't think "Thick fluffy diapers, ducky diaper pins and plastic panties!" would go over well...) He mentioned that there were medications I could try, if I wanted to. I told him the problem didn't happen often enough to start using another drug everyday. We left it at that.

So now when I log into my medical records online, under " Current Health Issues"  it also says "Nocturnal Enuresis".   I guess hoping for "Big Bedwetter" was to much, huh?

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

I finally told my Doctor that I wet the bed... I have for years, but always to embarrassed to say anything. I had my latest physical at the beginning of May, and being in my 60's, there's always the Prostate/urinary questions... My PSA test came back normal, but he still asked about urinating frequency, if I had good flow, etc... And this time He asked if I ever had night time incontinence problems. I thought about it a second, and said "Yes, every once in a while.." He asked how often, how long... I said "A few times a month, for a few years..."  I paused a second, and said I'm kind of embarrassed about, that's why I have not mentioned it before. He responded "You're not the first who's said that."   

Then he asked how I was managing it. I told him I was using "washable incontinence garments".  (I didn't think "Thick fluffy diapers, ducky diaper pins and plastic panties!" would go over well...) He mentioned that there were medications I could try, if I wanted to. I told him the problem didn't happen often enough to start using another drug everyday. We left it at that.

So now when I log into my medical records online, under " Current Health Issues"  it also says "Nocturnal Enuresis".   I guess hoping for "Big Bedwetter" was to much, huh?

My medical notes state I am enuretic and incontinent

I didn't but mom never minded bringing it up in conversation, I used to sit at picnics and barbeques while she discussed my problems and how much work it was for her having a teenager in diapers, it was not a secret in our neighborhood or at school, not that I got teased much either, I just kept to myself.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Sarahs said:

I didn't but mom never minded bringing it up in conversation, I used to sit at picnics and barbeques while she discussed my problems and how much work it was for her having a teenager in diapers, it was not a secret in our neighborhood or at school, not that I got teased much either, I just kept to myself.

I’m so sorry! I can’t get over how much that upsets me. That’s such an unnecessary burden to be made to carry.

1 hour ago, Sarahs said:

That is tough! My mom never, as far as I know, discussed it with anyone, at least not in front of me - I'm sure maybe my aunts knew. But she was also an extremely pragmatic person, and she viewed diapers as just an article of clothing, so she didn't pander to the concerns I had about being discovered or humiliated, either. I primarily wore diapers to bed, but if we were going on long trips, or arriving at someone's home late, or planning to arrive back at our home later in the evening, or staying over somewhere, and she decided it would be best for me to have a diaper on, then there was no arguing, and it didn't matter who might around when we got there or if we were stopping somewhere, etc. She'd say "Don't worry, nobody will be able to tell", and she'd sometimes let me choose bigger pants, for example, and she was careful to wrap my diaper up in my pajamas if she was getting me ready for bed somewhere, so nobody would see it. But she also left a sleeve of diapers on the floor next to her suitcase, on occasion, or carried a box in from the car, as if nobody would draw a connection between that and one of us kids. 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, Sarahs said:

It's ok, it was how she worked, she didn't want me to have to hide.my problems from others and be scared of them finding out

How do you feel it worked? Were you more or less embarrassed by that preemptive explanation? I could honestly see it going both ways.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:50 PM, Diapered Dave said:

I finally told my Doctor that I wet the bed... I have for years, but always to embarrassed to say anything. I had my latest physical at the beginning of May, and being in my 60's, there's always the Prostate/urinary questions... He asked how often, how long... I said "A few times a month, for a few years..."  I paused a second, and said I'm kind of embarrassed about, that's why I have not mentioned it before. He responded "You're not the first who's said that."   

I think as you get older its easier to talk to doctors about this because its not an unusual problem. One of my younger doctors asked me about it before I raised it with him. But I remember going to an older doctor in my 20s after my then gf got tired of the my bedwetting and told me to get help. I had never seen the doctor before and when I gingerly told him I had this issue he was surprisingly understanding. I told him I was embarassed by the whole subject and he said that it took 30 seconds for my bladder to empty at night and that there was nothing to be ashamed about. I was drinking a lot back then and he told me that if I wanted to stop wetting it would be a good start to stop drinking which I did and it did help with the bedwetting. But then shortly afterwards I found out my gf was cheating on me so we broke up and I was right back to my old habits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 5:08 PM, Sarahs said:

It was the same for me growing up. Just about everyone knew I wet the bed. 

I have told a few people that I wet and it's scary but I want to know who my real friends are and whose the fakes. I even told my Ex Girlfriend/Fiance and she being an R/N understood it completely as hardly anything phased or affected her. But Long Distance Relationships really put a horrible strain on the relationship and so, she dumped me.

But, when you want to know who your real friends are, you go ahead and tell them. Real friends, will be your friend no matter what. They will embrace you and seek to understand you. Also, be yourself, and be normal and don't lay things on thick or have to lace in diapers or bedwetting in every single conversation that you have with your friend. Let them be the ones to bring it up, unless you need to go change yourself and you need to leave them for a bit. Please don't be the reason or fodder for the runaway drive by mainstream media to have a field day with our kind.

There is a couple friends of mine who cringed a bit, but they decided to overlook it as they understood that we had so much in common otherwise and saw eye to eye on many things. But their big request is that I didn't bring it up so much unless I really need to for the sane reasons and such. I have explained that it is for medical which is the truth.

So, as long as you are being your sane self and taking everything that I have said and what all the other people who commented in this thread have been saying. You will be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 12:08 PM, Sarahs said:

Yikes, I hope you got strength and honesty and fearlessness from this, and not long term shame.

• 2 weeks later...