LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Veteran medical diaper question

how long till i get supplies form seeing the Dr. i the clinic i was at didn't have a pharmacy on site just a pharmacist consultant and i t was all sent to the main clinic in the region.

The VA isn't known for expediency, and you may have to fight to get your needs handled correctly, but it is a winnable fight so just keep going till you win. You've earned this :D and it's not theirs to take away from you. So how long from scrip to diapers? A couple weeks to a few months is what I've seen and heard. That apparently varies on where you're being treated and what the logistics are there which varies from place to place. It's quite possible you may find yourself limited to products which are inadequate. Sometimes that is fixable with persistence and sometimes not, but you can keep persisting and you should

So a update had the Apt on 27th that took a month to get into and as of today i now have 2 cases of depends male guards " diaper inserts is what she said they would work for "

• 2 months later...

you can get them to send them more often just email your Dr though myhealthyvet i get my medical supplies monthly and meds are a 3 month supply for me at this point we have alot of diaper come in a month.

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...

yea the VA is actually easier for getting diapers then  dealing with Medicaid diapers. for our state at lease when I am assisting individuals in getting setup for free diapers 

@TheBabyPants What information did you need to get ConfiDry 24/7 from the VA.  The last time I talked to the pharmacist they told me that ConfiDry 24/7  were not available in the VA system.   However I am getting Tranquility diapers from them.   Any information would be appreciated. 

What you would need is to located the CMOP ID code so when you email the Dr you can use the said codes to get the supplies you need might get uckyfiguing out who the VA is ordering the diaper from I am still working on figuring out the Abana Diapers

Remember with the VA is all about quality of life and working with you nurse and Dr to work you way though the regional formulary I would email the Dr/ Nurse asking if they had any better brief because the ones they sent me were falling off when i was out in town shopping or I was having a bad reaction to them, like rashes or allergic reactions.  I am getting 6 cases a month of L4 plastic backed diapers.  Now i am working on getting supplies like wipes and Calmoceptine barrier creams 

On 12/1/2021 at 2:11 PM, Baby Toni38 said:

@TheBabyPants What information did you need to get ConfiDry 24/7 from the VA.  The last time I talked to the pharmacist they told me that ConfiDry 24/7  were not available in the VA system.   However I am getting Tranquility diapers from them.   Any information would be appreciated. 

Through secure Messaging on VA's page, I sent this email after trying many different briefs and diaper, none of which worked.  It will take some work, but you can get it done.  It is a non formulary item that can be requested.

Good Morning,

I recently received a prescription for XXX BRIEF, PROTECTION PLUS X-LARGE #XXX from a VA Doctor at the VA Clinic.  These are a pull on style of incontinence briefs that I tried over a week’s period of time.   They are totally ineffective due to leaks from the cloth outer cover and the inability to handle the large volumes of urine. 

I have now received at six different prescriptions for various incontinence diapers, briefs and pull-ons from the VA in the last year.  I found them to be totally ineffective due to leaks and the inability to handle the large volumes of urine upwards to 1000cc per wetting.   Additionally, my skin was constantly wet resulting in skin irritations and sores.

Due to issues I have been having in trying to get VA to provide suitable products, I am purchasing the needed more absorbent ConfiDry Dry 24/7 Maximum Absorbency Briefs – Size Large in order to handle the large night time volumes and prevent leakage on my own to quite an expense out of pocket.

I am ordering them through; http://www.xpmedical.com/dry247.html

XP Medical

209 N. Olive St.

Ventura, CA 93001

1-888-485-2268 

Can I get a prescription for a tape on style of incontinence brief like above that will both prevent leaks and handle the large volumes?

Thanks in advance for your time

XXX

ASK for molicare slips using a non formulay consult  they are what i have and the VA has a contract with molicare so they can get molicare

MSG me and i can share  some details  i can not on open forum 

I'm happy that at least some of you are getting taken care of by the VA. I never had Any good experiences with those jerks. It may not be All their fault, there was that BS with Reagan when they just "Cut Us All Off" and said "If you aren't getting a Disability Payment from the VA You're Not Disabled"! Fuck you very much... the VA.

So the Bad Knees, the Agent Orange Diabetes, and the bladder scars along with the incontinence has cost me !?$$?! thousands but I never kept track. I guess I was lucky to have a decent job and good Insurance.

Oh, and the VA even tried to take my VA card away from me but that's another story.

• 2 weeks later...

Is your incon service related? I don't think my problem, which might be urge incon, is service related unless all the crap I was around is finally causing problems. I've been on several oral meds. Only one really worked. It causes drowsiness though. They did botox injections about a month ago. I can't really say that helped so far. Plus the sever discomfort makes me not want to do it again. I've been thinking about wearing at night full time and during the day depending on what I'll be doing that day. If I can get the VA to cover them, that would be great.

for me my back injury is the service connected and the incomitance is secondary.  My wife have no disabilities they gave her poise pads and pullups so i am pretty sure it doesn't matter