LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Remembering makeshift diapers

Man, I was so ill informed when I was young I never even thought of trash bags as make shift liners. That's probably one reason I'd go through periods of swearing off diapers. I still use make shift diapers from flour sack towels, and Zorb soakers. I have purchased two pair of PUL liners which I really like.

I've made many pairs of plastic pants out of a PVC shower curtains sold at the local hardware store, where I also got the double sided adhesive tape and velcro tape and other materials for making my own plastic diaper pants ...

My last one was really an overkill, which wasn't a bad thing per se as I haven't had leak issues with it, it was super wide, had a full length pocket for inserts (multiple towels, just for thickness, not absorption, the pocket was sealed off), both rear wings  were split into four two-inch wide, foot long tapes with full width velcro hook fastener that would attach to the front with the loop velcro mesh and hold it snug, making tension in all possible necessary directions, and inside the pants I'd use three 1x1,5m towels folded into one big flat, and on top of it paper towels, obviously, I went through a whole lot of those... I used them to spare the towels of the mess if I pooped, which I liked to do quite often, and  also to cover the wings so I had something absorbent between me and the PVC ... I was never too crazy about plastic right against my skin, I guess that's why I try to avoid plastic backed disposables any way I can.
I know lot of you say you prefer plastic backed diapers for them having more of a "real diaper feel". For me the opposite is true.
Aside from making me sweat way too much, which is something I really hate, especially when I'm lounging on my bed, about to go to sleep or just after having woken up - and I only wear overnight - it's like, I wear diapers for the unusual comfort they provide, but me breaking sweat five minutes in is the very opposite of being comfortable, plastic-backed disposables remind me of these contraptions of mine from my stone age of diaper indulgence (i.e. NOT real diapers), while the cloth backed diapers, with the way they allow skin to breathe, remind me of the many a Pampers (i.e. REAL diapers) television commercial I had in my memory, boasting withstanding a world flood while maintaining dryness rivaling that of the Atacama Desert, and letting through more air than an engine of a Boeing 777 at full thrust.

I got rid of them after my first ever purchase of Abri-Form M4 (which turned out to be too small for me but alas). I'm not regretting it, it was an interesting phase of my ABDL state, but I've moved on. The excitement, when I ordered diapers online for the first time, was palpable. I didn't have the guts to go to a brick and mortar medical supplies store for fear someone could see me, and ordering online meant I had to fill a form with my credentials, which I did, but it which filled my head with dreadful scenarios - what if the person completing the order knows me, what if they send it in box that's too obvious, there goes my anonymity - my last name is super rare ... aw to hell with it, click confirm. After all, what are the odds of whomever sorting out the online orders being someone who knows me, and how many fucks could they possible give about what I'm actually ordering, right?

I got into ABDL when i was near to 30.  I started with Attends and plastic pants from a surgical supply store.  I was never really into homemade diapers or plastic pants.

• 4 weeks later...

I was small for my age so when I finally outgrew Pampers at age 12 I began taping 3 Pampers together to make a bigger diaper that fit. I taped 2 Pampers end to end and then one perpendicular where I joined the other 2 and since I taped the front of the diaper to the others I could use the tapes of the third diaper to put it on and as long as I was not lying down when I peed only the front diaper would be wet and then I just separated it from the other 2 and taped a new one in it’s place. I actually wore diapers like that right up until I was 22 and a friend of mine introduced me to adult diapers (I didn’t even know that they made them until then). 

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

My first makeshift was like many others, towels wrapped around and even found diaper pins to pin them on.

About age 19 I went an bought a box of toddler size pampers in that lovely purple box.

I taped 2 together and wore them to bed, but well I got a bit excited just wearing them so didn’t wear them long as they got kinda sticky 

Hee hee 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trash bags cut to shape of a diaper then layered toilet paper for thickness ,then tapped on.These where good for one wetting and then they leaked.Afterwards pampers stuck together witch worked better,then discovered adult diapers and the rest is history.

• Like 1

My first makeshift diaper consisted of a white rectangular pillow case with a couple of towels laid out inside it, and then pinned on with diaper pins. I then cut leg holes into a white kitchen trash bag and squeezed into it, for plastic pants. That contraption actually worked okay - it would hold a bit before it leaked. I even wore one to school a couple of times when I was 11 or 12. I also snuck out of the house in the middle of the night and walked around the park across the street from us in one of those diapers and a shirt, which is something that I never thought to attempt, when I was wearing real diapers to bed. 

I recall my heart beating out of my chest the first time I walked up the cash register at a local pharmacy with a packet of white diaper pins in my hand. I threw in a package of gum because I thought that it would be less "suspicious", LOL. Meanwhile the bored lady behind the cash register, I'm sure, couldn't have given a crap what I was there for, as long as I wasn't stealing anything. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I, like many of us, used bathroom towels and plastic shopping bags to make diapers. I would cut holes in the bottom of the bag to stick my legs through once my towel diaper was in place and pulled the bag up over it than use my pants to hold the whole thing in place.

I also would steal diapers from my baby sister's changing table and after she potty trained, I would use several of her doll's diapers taped together but they never worked very well.  Funny how my Mother would buy diapers for my sister's Cabbage Patch Doll but not for me and she never questioned why Mary Elizabeth (or what ever that doll's name was) went through diapers so fast.

I was a teenager when they first started carrying adult disposable diapers in the grocery store.  I had seen them in the pharmacy so many times and in the Sears & JCPenney's catalogs but was always afraid to buy them.  Once they were in the supermarket, I didn't feel as nervous for some reason.

• Like 2