LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Categorizing bedwetting- where are you now and where do you want to be?

I've been on a journey to become a bedwetter, and I know many others have the same interest. In thinking it through, I see several key elements that describe the road to becoming a bedwetter. This framework can create a profile of where you are on your journey, and create a profile of where you want to be. This profile may be useful for describing yourself to others, but more importantly can force thought about where you really want to be and the barriers to getting there. Hope this helps, feel free to add or modify.

The key elements are the type of wetting, frequency, and ease of wetting.

Types:
Conscious wetting- Peeing the bed or your diapers either before going asleep or when you awaken in the middle of the night.
Situational incontinence*- Peeing the bed or diapers while asleep, but only occurring when the "stage is set" such as having a protected bed and/or having a diaper on
Involuntary bedwetting- Peeing the bed no matter what, even without a diaper or protected bed. This includes all situations, even when it's inconvenient (during family vacations, visiting relatives etc)

Frequency:
1- Rarely, less than once a month
2- Once every couple of weeks
3- Usually every week
4- Several nights a week
5- Rarely a dry night

Ease:
Difficult- Results typically require extraordinary measures such as massive fluid intake, hours without restroom before bed, heavy drinking (not advised)
Moderate- Results typically require moderate measures such as not going to restroom before bed, reasonable amount of fluids throughout the day, potentially sleep supplements or light drinking
Easy- Results occur with no extraordinary efforts, wetting may occur even if you've gone to the restroom right before bed and without any drinking / supplements

For anyone who is curious, my current state seems to be Situational Incontinence, several nights a week, moderate to somewhat easy. Like many, I want to be at Involuntary, 4-5 frequency and easy. I'm indicating it "seems" such because I may have some involuntary bedwetting. Since I truly wet in my sleep several nights a week, I always diaper up (even on family vacations) This makes it a little trickier to determine if it's involuntary or not. Several months ago I slept without a diaper and awoke dry which makes me think I may not be involuntary yet (I'm at this contradicting stage where I am happy with wet sheets if it's from overwetting my diaper while asleep, but don't like wetting my sheets when I'm awake. A barrier of sorts for me is that it is hard to release when I awaken in the middle of the night if I know it's going to wet the sheets. This is probably the final barrier to me becoming an involuntary bedwetter, like all of the previous barriers I'm sure I can overcome it if I decide to) Oddly enough I might actually be involuntary now anyways, I don't actually know!

I never wake up dry any more I have been back to nightly bedwetting for almost 6 years now. I used to have some dry nights but gradually these got less and less and I haven't been dry at night for well over a year now. It is just a case of how wet I am when I wake.

On 15/07/2017 at 5:24 PM, dlmolicares said:

I've been on a journey to become a bedwetter, and I know many others have the same interest. In thinking it through, I see several key elements that describe the road to becoming a bedwetter. This framework can create a profile of where you are on your journey, and create a profile of where you want to be. This profile may be useful for describing yourself to others, but more importantly can force thought about where you really want to be and the barriers to getting there. Hope this helps, feel free to add or modify.

The key elements are the type of wetting, frequency, and ease of wetting.

Types:
Conscious wetting- Peeing the bed or your diapers either before going asleep or when you awaken in the middle of the night.
Situational incontinence*- Peeing the bed or diapers while asleep, but only occurring when the "stage is set" such as having a protected bed and/or having a diaper on
Involuntary bedwetting- Peeing the bed no matter what, even without a diaper or protected bed. This includes all situations, even when it's inconvenient (during family vacations, visiting relatives etc)

Frequency:
1- Rarely, less than once a month
2- Once every couple of weeks
3- Usually every week
4- Several nights a week
5- Rarely a dry night

Ease:
Difficult- Results typically require extraordinary measures such as massive fluid intake, hours without restroom before bed, heavy drinking (not advised)
Moderate- Results typically require moderate measures such as not going to restroom before bed, reasonable amount of fluids throughout the day, potentially sleep supplements or light drinking
Easy- Results occur with no extraordinary efforts, wetting may occur even if you've gone to the restroom right before bed and without any drinking / supplements

For anyone who is curious, my current state seems to be Situational Incontinence, several nights a week, moderate to somewhat easy. Like many, I want to be at Involuntary, 4-5 frequency and easy. I'm indicating it "seems" such because I may have some involuntary bedwetting. Since I truly wet in my sleep several nights a week, I always diaper up (even on family vacations) This makes it a little trickier to determine if it's involuntary or not. Several months ago I slept without a diaper and awoke dry which makes me think I may not be involuntary yet (I'm at this contradicting stage where I am happy with wet sheets if it's from overwetting my diaper while asleep, but don't like wetting my sheets when I'm awake. A barrier of sorts for me is that it is hard to release when I awaken in the middle of the night if I know it's going to wet the sheets. This is probably the final barrier to me becoming an involuntary bedwetter, like all of the previous barriers I'm sure I can overcome it if I decide to) Oddly enough I might actually be involuntary now anyways, I don't actually know!

On 24/07/2017 at 9:06 PM, Pampertimmy said:

I haven't had a dry night for over two years now. Some mornings my diaper is more wet than other mornings but it is still always wet when I wake up.

I'm never dry when I wake.

• 2 months later...