LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Self published my book

So I was wondering whether or not to talk here about this, and I figured why not?

I spent seven months writing my book and yesterday secured my fourth sale. I know it's not much, but it's something I have actually created that people want -- and since I haven't been employed since 1998 (except for selected one day jobs), this gives me a sense of accomplishment. I have always been best at writing - but who would have thought that my most successful writings would be in the form of biographies? I left a HUGE biography project half finished after three and a half years before. Maybe I should try to finish it.

I go to a print place a few hundred meters from my house. They print whatever - documents, flyers, books etc... and I'm on a serious budget because I have a fixed disability income.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My sister finally got her book published but it took her several years to find a publisher who would do it at no cost to her and who had good sales connections so it would get out into the world and be seen. Unfortunately she did not take some of the advice offered by the publisher and other successful writers so her book isn't selling well when it could have. She did it more to give herself some closure with a bad part of her life than to try to make money from it, so that much has been a success for her. And sales may pick up later on.

I once wrote fairly well and had some of my work nationally published where it was well received. I had tons of stories that disappeared with a couple of hard drive failures. When my clinical depression almost took me over the edge and I began getting help for that, something went away in me and I just couldn't write like I used to now. A big part of that is in my typing which once flowed nearly error-free, but now is so bad that I can't write a sentence without several mistakes which makes writing such a hassle that it's no fun anymore. And along with all that my memory went sour and I cant remember the important details which made my stories even when I try to write them within a day. I've gotten over the disappointment of my loss but that was a long time in the doing. It still hurts though for there was nothing more enjoyable for me than writing- it was what I was meant to do in this life- and now it's gone forever.

Bettypooh

9 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

My sister finally got her book published but it took her several years to find a publisher who would do it at no cost to her and who had good sales connections so it would get out into the world and be seen. Unfortunately she did not take some of the advice offered by the publisher and other successful writers so her book isn't selling well when it could have. She did it more to give herself some closure with a bad part of her life than to try to make money from it, so that much has been a success for her. And sales may pick up later on.

I once wrote fairly well and had some of my work nationally published where it was well received. I had tons of stories that disappeared with a couple of hard drive failures. When my clinical depression almost took me over the edge and I began getting help for that, something went away in me and I just couldn't write like I used to now. A big part of that is in my typing which once flowed nearly error-free, but now is so bad that I can't write a sentence without several mistakes which makes writing such a hassle that it's no fun anymore. And along with all that my memory went sour and I cant remember the important details which made my stories even when I try to write them within a day. I've gotten over the disappointment of my loss but that was a long time in the doing. It still hurts though for there was nothing more enjoyable for me than writing- it was what I was meant to do in this life- and now it's gone forever.

Bettypooh

Not necessarily.

Good suggestions but that can't bring back what I've lost so long ago. As to my previous post, that took me about 10 minutes to write and correct where back when I was more 'normal' (I hate that word!) it would have taken less than a minute. Of which there is no fix :crybaby: Something went wrong between my brain and my fingers and my once-good typing went to pieces. My therapist said things like this sometimes happen if the trauma is deep enough and nothing she suggested was able to help. The words are still in me but it's too exasperating to try to wrote them so now I just keep things short enough for me to deal with.

Bettypooh

8 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

Good suggestions but that can't bring back what I've lost so long ago. As to my previous post, that took me about 10 minutes to write and correct where back when I was more 'normal' (I hate that word!) it would have taken less than a minute. Of which there is no fix :crybaby: Something went wrong between my brain and my fingers and my once-good typing went to pieces. My therapist said things like this sometimes happen if the trauma is deep enough and nothing she suggested was able to help. The words are still in me but it's too exasperating to try to wrote them so now I just keep things short enough for me to deal with.

Bettypooh

Well there's no such thing as normal, since it's relative to the person defining it.

• 2 weeks later...