LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence Plateau

I have come to believe it is related to "shy bladder" and certainly can be overcome, but it takes work. Either a lot of psychological conditioning to teach yourself it's always safe, or perhaps a technological intervention like a stent to trick your body into getting used to letting go for a while.

I hit the same plateau when I was in training, but bailed out before I got over it.

• 2 months later...

The longer you put it to the back of your mind the easier it will become. I noticed that when I stopped actively thinking about becoming incontinent and just wore my diapers the easier it was to relax. It was when I stopped thinking about it that my diaper dependence became more profound. At this point I could not go more than an hour without a diaper on. I hope the little control I have left slips away permanently

Well, I can only partially relate as I was fully incontinent soon enough, but I can say that it's because you have stress incontinence that is caused by relaxing your muscles when you don't want to. Thing is that, when you are stressed or have some stressful talk or anything of this sort - situations in which you don't feel comfortable, you won't be able to urinate in your diaper, because your muscles simply cannot relax. You need to become more easy-going in life, like less stresses and more confident. It's hard to do it just because you want to do - there are many factors in combination, that you have to consider, but I believe that this is doable. You need to chill more. It's the same issue when you are urinating next to a guy in small bathroom in a club and you can't urinate because you feel some kind of pressure, because there are people standing behind you or there is a guy who is very close with his pecker to yours.

It may be in your mental approach to this. When my physical bladder control declined to where pads weren't enough anymore I decided to wear diapers 24/7 and let whatever happened happen; I would not attempt to remain dry. Now several years later I still have some control when I want it but it's short in duration. And I still wake to pee at night. Initially I thought I'd want to be a bedwetter but in time my mind changed on that which is probably why I still wake up to pee. As to the rest, I still don't care :) Sometimes I can tel when I need to pee, sometimes not. Sometimes I realize it's happening, sometimes not. I made a conscious effort to not know or notice which in time has become the usual, and it seems to have moved out of my subconscious into a shallow occasional noticing of what my bladder is doing. In the last couple of years nothing has changed.

Though I'd like less knowledge of what my bladder is doing and less control I'm pretty happy as things are now. I have reached the point where I no longer have any stress or concern about my diapers and that is where I wanted to be all along. Maybe you're experiencing something similar, for the subconscious is very strong and if you have any qualms or reservations about wetting that will be at work in the shadows of your mind ;) If you are happy then lose those reservations and let happiness be enough!

Bettypooh

The plateau for me lasted about a year and a half and my continence has been slowly slipping ever since...... every time I have a wet or messy diaper without remembering doing it I get very happy knowing all my hard work, training and dedication paid off. I look forward to the rest of my life permanently diapered

• Like 2
On 10/3/2017 at 12:07 PM, diapereddaddy1922 said:

The plateau for me lasted about a year and a half and my continence has been slowly slipping ever since...... every time I have a wet or messy diaper without remembering doing it I get very happy knowing all my hard work, training and dedication paid off. I look forward to the rest of my life permanently diapered

@diapereddaddy1922Do you regularly have wet and/or messy accidents without remembering doing them?