LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is it worth mentioning my dl side to my cbt therapist?

I am having cbt therapy and working on my intrusive thoughts which are a nightmare in themseleves. I have made a post in the past about my ocd and my intrusive thoughts and how being a dl plays into their hands.

As far as telling your therapist, that is up to you. If it is relevant to your treatment, it might be worth sharing. If you do share with them, my recommendation would be to say something like "I have something I want to share with you. It out hard for me to share this with you because it is something unconventional. I ask that you let me explain to the end and then ask any questions you need to do that you understand." Once they agree, you can go ahead and share. Make sure you mention that you are not in any way attracted sexually to children.

As far as partners go, my opinion is you should be completely honest with them. If they are not willing to accept that part of you, why would you want to be with them? There are many discussion threads about when and how to tell your partner, but it is generally agreed that before marriage is the most respectful to your partner. Personally, I tell a new partner once I am confident that if things didn't work out, they wouldn't out me; basically, I tell new partners once I trust them.

Hope this helps you. Feel free to send me a DM if you want to discuss this with new further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd only mention it if you think it has something to do with your problems or how you deal with them. If you are comfortable with them then sure.

It's a matter of organizing your life and putting the relevant things where they belong and leaving them out of where they do not. One's ABDL status has no business in one's job and should not be there so do not bring it there. If you do, that's a distraction and an imposition on your company and co-workers, even if they do not know it since something may happen that brings it into focus. it is irrelevsnt to causal friends and acquaintances and is just TMI. In both those cases, you are dealing with groups of persons some of whom may find it disconcerting. It is somewhat exotic so it is not fair to concern those who have no experience in the matter with it and at the level of interaction, it is of no consequence. it may be of concern to close friends. That you have to weigh. My best friend of some 25 years never knew about that part of me because it was never relevant to what we did although he did know that I had a larger genderscape than most but it was never a topic. Maybe someone you are going out with if it starts to get serious. In general the point on which it turns is "Do I interact deply with this individual?" If not then keep it to yourself

As for therapists, You might look up a cognitive, behavior mofication thereapist and ask about Thoughtstopping technipques

Over the years I have seen an therapist on two separate occasions. I told them both of them that I am into diapers, told them both what it does for me and how they influence my life. Neither one of them reacted surprised when I revealed my story. The only thing they had to say about it that I should be aware

My tharpist is the same but is against it. And said it replace the girlfriend. So I stay away from it. I want him to help me take away my shame and fear of wearing. Diaper in public . what careful. Words do i use?

Stop letting someone else tell you what you should do. I liken this to homosexuality. If I could choose to have never enjoyed the feeling or idea of wearing a diaper then I would have. Since it does bring me such joy and arousal I will never stop. I always make sure when in a relationship that I let the other person know early on so they can't tell me I have to give it up later. You get one life. Do what makes you happy.

I decided to tell my Therapist I am a DL in an email after todays appointment with her. I was to afraid to explain and say it to her face so I put it in an email to her and linked a couple of things explaining what DL is and how it is nothing to do with children.

Either way, its feels like I have taken a massive step and I am afraid of what is going to happen next, but I am hoping it is going to be good things and not the worst case scenario, but I am going to have to wait and see.

I felt it was important to explain to her about my DL side since I feel it is significant in how it is related to my fight against my OCD and intrusive thoughts. I had to be brave enough to tell her and I am trying to still be brave now because I will find out the results of it, either in an email back or if she will bring it up in my next appointment. next week.

Hi Solomon Whishes. If your therapist is a good one she will never judge you on the information you provided. I congratulate you on the decision you made, a therapist is there to help you and nothing short of that. I do hope you went over the information you took from other sources quit thoroughly, personally I would not have done that but only to rule out any misinformation. I always told them face to face that way I kept the threshold low when I had to go for my next session. By doing this I made sure no mistakes were made. On both occasions I found that my therapist was not familiar with the ab/dl phenomena. For that reason I found it of the upmost importance to tell only the things that applied to me, my personal story and experience being a DL.

Solomon, congratulations on taking a big step. I would be stunned if she was anything other than professional about it. I think it is good that you shared. A psychoanalyst is different than a group of coworkers or strangers. She is there to help you sort your thoughts out, and she can't do that as well if you are holding back a big facet of what's on your mind. Good luck!

After being nervous all week before my next appointment with my therapist, I finally saw her yesterday. At first she thanked me for the email, we carried on abit on other things and then when it was brought up, it shocked me a little because of how I just wasnt used to speaking to anyone face to face about it. I explained how it played into my intrusive thoughts and she explained her thoughts on it by saying, everyone sexualy expresses thereselfs in different ways and aslong as its kept in my own space and time then im not harming anyone else and its fine. But it was definantly worth it because of how relavant it was to my ocd intrusive thoughts, and if has filled in a lot of gaps of when I was explaining bits to her that just didn't make 100% sense. It's felt like a massive weight has been lifted off my chest and that I have no secrets left to hold back from my therapist and Im actualy 100% tackling the main problem to help me move along in my life.

Just thought youd all like to know my experience, aswell as that, thank you for all your replys ;)

I really expected your therapist to react as she did, I am happy for you. I know the feeling of the weight being lifted of off your shoulders, it is a good feeling to experience.