LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
freswith

Another Daily Wail article about kids not being toilet trained

On 10/7/2017 at 2:27 PM, Babyqtboy said:

I am not trying to argue I am trying to explain why it extremely difficult to expand the Spectrum. By enveloping Asperger's into the autism spectrum and eliminating it as a stand alone diagnosis the APA feels 99.9 percent confident that the spectrum fully covers every individual. There is criteria that needs to be met for a diagnosis but the rating on the spectrum scale allots for the severe non functioning to the full functioning patients. 

Do you realize that it has nothing to do with diagnosing?     It is more about finding an understanding what is happening in all of our brains, and not just those that could be considered autistic.

19 minutes ago, spark said:

Do you realize that it has nothing to do with diagnosing?     It is more about finding an understanding what is happening in all of our brains, and not just those that could be considered autistic.

Since brains are like fingerprints and no two are alike, I doubt we will ever have a full understanding of what is happening in all of our brains. All I can say is see a psychiatrist if you want clarity on what is happening in your brain psychologically or a neurologist for physical.

4 minutes ago, Babyqtboy said:

Since brains are like fingerprints and no two are alike, I doubt we will ever have a full understanding of what is happening in all of our brains. All I can say is see a psychiatrist if you want clarity on what is happening in your brain psychologically or a neurologist for physical.

I really wish you were able to express yourself a little better because it can be a fascinating conversation, but given that you just told me to go see a psychiatrist puts an end to this part of the conversation.  Thanks for your contribution, but I respectfully disagree with your analysis.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, spark said:

I really wish you were able to express yourself a little better because it can be a fascinating conversation, but given that you just told me to go see a psychiatrist puts an end to this part of the conversation.  Thanks for your contribution, but I respectfully disagree with your analysis.

I am not trying to be rude. I guess I really don't understand what you are trying to say. At first it seemed like you were implying everyone had autism and then it seemed like you were arguing that there was another end of the spectrum not already accounted for and then it jumped to understanding every individual brain, autistic or otherwise. For the last I was merely stating that there is very little understanding of the brain and thought process individually or collectively. To attempt to understand individual thought process would require a psychiatrist or a neurologist, attempt being the key word. As professionals we can have limited understanding of autistic brains or other brains with neurological disorders in so much that we can discern what is different from typical. In all reality we are probably still 50-100 years away from a full understanding of individual brain functioning to be able to specify the exact moment of pathways that lead to individual cognitive performance 

On 10/12/2017 at 5:20 PM, Babyqtboy said:

I am not trying to be rude. I guess I really don't understand what you are trying to say. At first it seemed like you were implying everyone had autism and then it seemed like you were arguing that there was another end of the spectrum not already accounted for and then it jumped to understanding every individual brain, autistic or otherwise. For the last I was merely stating that there is very little understanding of the brain and thought process individually or collectively. To attempt to understand individual thought process would require a psychiatrist or a neurologist, attempt being the key word. As professionals we can have limited understanding of autistic brains or other brains with neurological disorders in so much that we can discern what is different from typical. In all reality we are probably still 50-100 years away from a full understanding of individual brain functioning to be able to specify the exact moment of pathways that lead to individual cognitive performance 

It may not have been intentional, but you certainly ended up being rude.   You never accepted that I wasn't talking specifically about autism, and it was more about behavior, and have unwilling to change your perception- no matter how many ways that I told you.  To be blunt, your initial assumption that I implied everybody had autism was almost the exact opposite of what I really said.  No matter how I hard I've tried to explain that misconception to you haven't let your initial assumption go.   So, no I'm not implying that everybody has autism, and I've never had anybody else who I shared this theory with has ever thought that.

In fact, the theory has nothing to do with autism. The theory is that the polar opposite of an autistic person is not the normal functioning person, and those people on that side (I would use spectrum- but your assumptions won't allow me to use) also have difficulty functioning as a social being. 

In no way does that imply that everybody has autism, and you can either accept my explanation or let it go.

8 hours ago, spark said:

It may not have been intentional, but you certainly ended up being rude.   You never accepted that I wasn't talking specifically about autism, and it was more about behavior, and have unwilling to change your perception- no matter how many ways that I told you.  To be blunt, your initial assumption that I implied everybody had autism was almost the exact opposite of what I really said.  No matter how I hard I've tried to explain that misconception to you haven't let your initial assumption go.   So, no I'm not implying that everybody has autism, and I've never had anybody else who I shared this theory with has ever thought that.

In fact, the theory has nothing to do with autism. The theory is that the polar opposite of an autistic person is not the normal functioning person, and those people on that side (I would use spectrum- but your assumptions won't allow me to use) also have difficulty functioning as a social being. 

In no way does that imply that everybody has autism, and you can either accept my explanation or let it go.

William's Syndrome is the opposite of Autism. Characterized by being very talkative, highly social, empathetic, extremely friendly and endearing. This fits the description of your theory, which if you had clearly stated from the beginning, I would have said this. The idea that societal normal would be the high end of any cognitive spectrum is naive by any standards. On a bell curve normal would be the center, so yes your theory is correct,  no need to prove it, it's already been proven.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:44 PM, spark said:

And for the record, I feel I expressed myself perfectly, it appears as though you are the one with the problem expressing yourself. 

We obviously aren't seeing eye to eye on this.   I apologize for my part, and let's move on.