LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another Daily Wail article about kids not being toilet trained

I think this is more common than one might think because there are many parents who might not admit to having older kids who aren't potty trained. I was a child in the seventies who was a late potty trainer and my mom and grandma went to great lengths to keep that fact hidden. I began starting to use the potty at age 4 but had frequent day wetting accidents until

I always thought the first story was a classic case of making an issue seem much bigger than it really. They did it by cherry picking extremes, and making vague statements that are difficult to prove. They tried to make a big deal of older children wearing nappies, but some of them were just at night.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 30/06/2017 at 3:27 AM, spark said:

I always thought the first story was a classic case of making an issue seem much bigger than it really. They did it by cherry picking extremes, and making vague statements that are difficult to prove. They tried to make a big deal of older children wearing nappies, but some of them were just at night.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/29/2017 at 3:02 PM, Dougie1970 said:

I think this is more common than one might think because there are many parents who might not admit to having older kids who aren't potty trained. I was a child in the seventies who was a late potty trainer and my mom and grandma went to great lengths to keep that fact hidden. I began starting to use the potty at age 4 but had frequent day wetting accidents until

• Like 1

This article doesn't surprise me one bit.

A bit of topic but I spend a good amount of time in schools for work purposes. We work in elementary and high schools and in major centers to very small towns. I was recently in a K-4 school in a fairly small area and while using the facilities( single room with one sink and toilet). noticed a handful of kids still in diapers at that school. Beside the toilet there was a cubby with

One of the major things the media does not account for is the rise in diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders, which is probably what most of the children in diapers at school have. In 1980 1 in 789 kids were diagnosed with autism; by 1990 it was 1 in 152. By 2000 it was 1 in 89 and by 2010 it was 1 in 56. As a father with 2 kids on the spectrum, I can attest to the struggles of having school age children in diapers or pull-ups. The real concern should not be school aged children in diapers but the rising rate of autism.

On 9/25/2017 at 3:59 PM, Babyqtboy said:

One of the major things the media does not account for is the rise in diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders, which is probably what most of the children in diapers at school have. In 1980 1 in 789 kids were diagnosed with autism; by 1990 it was 1 in 152. By 2000 it was 1 in 89 and by 2010 it was 1 in 56. As a father with 2 kids on the spectrum, I can attest to the struggles of having school age children in diapers or pull-ups. The real concern should not be school aged children in diapers but the rising rate of autism.

How about this as an alternative: Teach kids to change their own diapers and give them an option as to whether or not they want to use the toilet. That way parents aren't burdened with all those nasty diaper changes and kids can wear diapers as long as they are comfortable doing so.

• Thanks 2
On 9/27/2017 at 3:12 AM, Spiderman said:

However, my point stands is that they knew more about autism when I started in college then when I was first tested at the age of five so I can personally back up what babyqtboy here is saying.

11 hours ago, Babyqtboy said:

I know I got a little long winded there but the point is that I have a very high IQ, no childhood cognitive delays, don't register anywhere on the spectrum, but still have a desire to escape from society myself every once in a while. And I assure you I am one of the most social, outgoing people you will ever meet.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:32 PM, Babyqtboy said:

Your words, not mine " every individual falls somewhere on the spectrum". This is what I disagree with. Having a masters in psychology, I know a thing or two about mental health disorders. I am well aware of what the autism spectrum is. It is not a communication disorder, it is a developmental disorder. The spectrum accounts for both ends which is how we are able to diagnose mild- moderate- to sever, depending on how much the disorder has effected the person's development.

It's not worth getting into a professional argument but how does that developmental disorder manifest itself?