LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just had to out myself

I've been working the same job as a contract worker for 9 years this month. The company I work at has been bought and sold by other companies and investment groups over the years. The company that last bought us plans on keeping us and has been integrating us into the company.

One result of all this is that myself and 2 co-workers are being hired as permenant employees. This is a huge global conglomerate and this job will have real benefits and I received my official offer letter yesterday for a Lead position at a higher rate of pay with great benefits. I naturally accepted the position and today they sent me a medical questionnaire to fill out. It's the most comprehensive medical form I've ever been subjected to. Prior to filling it out I had to sign a form agreeing to submit to the medical disclosure which will be kept by the company health division. Any omission or falsification is grounds for immediate termination at any time.

I have never disclosed my transgender status on any job which includes my positions with General Mills Corp. and IBM. This time not only did I out myself as transgender but also as incontinent. There was just no possible way to get around this. My medical records document both issues and the questions left no room for omission.

I turned in the completed form this morning electronically and went back to work and when I came back to my desk less than an hour later there was a missed call on my cell from a number that is obviously from the company medical department by it's location. I'm worried that this might be the shortest job I've ever held. I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

On the positive side I had to put down that I suffer from urge incontinence and overactive bladder and had to explain how the condition is being treated. I put that I manage my intake of liquids and wear discrete protection. In the section listing every surgery I've ever had I listed the surgery on my urethra to cure my enuresis. If I still have the job that will be part of my record so if I feel the need to increase my level of protection from my incontinence panties to diapers it will not be any issue at all. I'm also thinking if GRS is covered by the medical insurance that will be doable finally. All I can do is hope.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1

Thanks Kimmy I really do appreciate your support. It's not so much about people finding out, I'm firmly grounded in the fact that I don't pass as cis

Freta, I'm not sure if it is a HIPPA violation to ask about things like that, but I do believe the best person to talk to is your Doctor. They may be looking for information about unusual health risks like hypotension or diabetes in case of the dreaded "emergency" situation at work. As for being Transgendered. Way to Go Sister. Be you. Don't ever let some idiot try to force yourself into being who you aren't. I would research the new company and see what protections they have for your situation. I know that gender identity is covered under the Anti-discrimination laws. As long as you can do the job they cannot terminate you for being Transgendered.

• Like 1

Babyleanna, thank you for your advice but I can't really do what you suggest. I've been without any health insurance for many years and one of the points of getting this job is to have the health insurance that comes with it. If I could afford private health insurance on my own I would have had it all along.

• Like 1

Well it looks like I passed my physical and 2 drug tests and got the job. I received an email today from HR with a link to a company portal where I need to complete forms for things like insurance beneficiaries, health insurance choices, tax withholding information and more. I'm still not sure what my official start date is but at this point I'm not really concerned with that.

I hate what they make people go through just to get a job. One thing they did say is that everything disclosed on the health questionnaire would be retained by the health department and none of it would be included in any employee files.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to go political on you but such invasive treatment of an employee would never happen in Canada. Healthcare is between the individual and their healthcare provider through universal healthcare made available by the government. Note, even the Canadian government is not privy to your health information. And in Canada, GRS *is* covered by our universal healthcare.

Thank you to everyone for your support. I got my first paycheck last Thursday, they shorted me a day but that will get fixed. I actually think I'm better off that they know everything as I don't have any anxiety about being found out now.

Now that I'm past all the anxiety of the process and have some sense of security I'm beginning to think about the bottom surgery being a possibility. I looked at the list of things not covered and I didn't see gender confirmation surgery included specifically. There is a section about plastic surgery not being covered but it also states that it is covered in some cases. It seems like if it's reconstructive like having your breasts done after having them removed for breast cancer it's covered as an example. I guess they could argue it either way so it will depend on whether they see it as making me functional (my view) or whether they see it as esthetic (just to make me look female). I'm not going to rush this, I've been full time for close to 28 years now so another 6 months or a year won't make any difference.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

Thanks to YeOldeDiapers for the info and support :) But as well-meaning as those rules and laws are there are a huge and rapidly growing number of us to which they do not apply- subcontractors. Especially those of us in 'right-to-work' States. Same as what has happened with my industry (Construction), now many companies are finding it to their financial benefit to have as few employees as is possible, so they too are switching to subcontract labor, to which the laws and restrictions which protect the disabled do not apply. In the first 1/4 of my working life my business had maybe 10% of the work subbed- now it has reversed and maybe 10% are employees now. My work can be ended at any time for any reason or for no reason at all, and I don't have to be told why.

I am but one of millions and there will be millions more coming along soon. We're the utterly screwed-over ones because those laws meant to protect US citizens were never extended to us. In effect they are worthless to me. Fat chance there will be any new law or Court ruling in our favor since doing that would break the entire US economy apart with so many industries depending on subcontract labor now. And with all the benefits companies gain from taking this approach everyone had better watch out because you could be next and there's nothing you can do about it :(

Bettypooh