LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

any inventors here?

are there any inventors here? anybody here hold any patents? if there are any inventors here, did you have the means to make your own prototypes? if not how did you get them? how did you fund them? i have at LEAST 24 inventions written down and in a folder, and its killing me not being able to make them or get the help i need to see them made, im trying to get help through an innovation network but im coming up dry there, i cant say what my ideas are, i do want to profit from them, but i cant seem to do what i need, and a big factor is money, if you had to get funding, how did you do it? im not trying to get handouts, just trying to get something figured out so i can do something.

To be honest if you go and get a patent then there is no problem. Just start a kickstarter or something which is pretty much what the website was designed for. If you won't tell people your ideas then family members are probably the only route because nobody will donate money for an idea they know nothing about

The thing you need to understand is patents are only as good as you are prepared to defend them. Many startups discount patents because patent defence is very expensive. I would concentrate on putting together something that can show your idea by way of video. You could maybe fake it but make sure potential investors understand that. Then go to Kickstarter or indeigogo and make your case. The best cases make a good story in video so video production quality is very important. There are companies that help in that area, they take a % of the take but might be worth it. Don't focus on your patent. You might be happy about it but no one else will care. Make a good story and sell that.

9 hours ago, dangoch said:

The thing you need to understand is patents are only as good as you are prepared to defend them. Many startups discount patents because patent defence is very expensive. I would concentrate on putting together something that can show your idea by way of video. You could maybe fake it but make sure potential investors understand that. Then go to Kickstarter or indeigogo and make your case. The best cases make a good story in video so video production quality is very important. There are companies that help in that area, they take a % of the take but might be worth it. Don't focus on your patent. You might be happy about it but no one else will care. Make a good story and sell that.

how do you tell what people on kickstarter would be investing in without giving them all they need to take the idea from you? i doubt i can get lucky like my mom kinda was, she originally had an idea for what we call training pants for little kids, she pitched it to i think proctor and gamble, they didnt do anything with it for 17 years(that was the lucky part, if it counts, from what i remember a patent lasts for 17 years unless renewed by an act of congress), where she was UNlucky was she didnt know you dont stitch plastic, you fuse it with heat, or she would have been able to make a prototype

11 hours ago, repetitivediaperwetter88 said:

Depending on what they are, you can build Prototypes out of pretty much anything. Just gotta use your imagination.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Diaperingdaddy said:

are you looking at building material things? is there a need for these things to be done? I am a metal fabricator and love to build things lets talk

i couldnt afford your services, hell right now i cant afford to even build the hearth i designed, but i did run into a little luck on inventing, one of my uncles likes one of my ideas and wants to work with me on one, knows someone who might want to buy the invention when we get to that point, and i FINALLY found someone online that is telling me what i need to know on robotics to get something basic to start from, which has been hard because i either get no reply or told to get in with a robotics group when there isnt any here, still got no idea how im gonna afford a patent, or the components right now, but at least there is some information

Inventor? Yes in a way. Yet I do not hold any patents. I design and invent specific machinery for the company I work for. Since I use their financial funds I will never be able to put in a patent claim. Here in the Netherlands one of the rules for putting in a patent claim states you

8 to 10, not that it matters since me and mom are both on ssi(me ssi, her ssdi), and lucky to end the month in the black, i guess everything will have to be put on the back burner...

i tried writing my elected officials about maybe setting up something like a maker clinic for those with disabilities, its my figuring that those are are disabled have to invent things to do what those without disabilites can do, those inventions can be useful outside a disabled's needs, can be worth a lot of money, enough to get off handouts like ssi and such, create jobs in the manufacturing of those inventions, basically be a jump starter for economies, not to mention possible life saving applications, it would need people with the knowhow to volunteer their time, some red tape cut to speed up, and maybe even bypass the costs(perhaps some patent attorneys to volunteer their time), and not surprisingly i got no response.

• Like 1

you can add one more on the autism spectrum, me. some of the things i think up are because i need to do work i cant because im too scared to go where i need to work on, and i can see life saving applications for them. one vthing that is a virtual kick in the balls is an uncle knows someone who miht buy an item of intellectual property, but no prototype, no pantent, nothing to show. im having passing thoughts of drafting a petition to create a system like i mentioned, but i doubt any would pay attention to it