LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If diapers didn't exist what would you resort to?

Babyz33

This question might be easier to reply to if you asked what people would resort to if they were quitting diapers.

But if diapers didn't exist, then nobody would have a diaper fetish, so nobody would have to resort to anything they'd know no different so

• Like 1
This question might be easier to reply to if you asked what people would resort to if they were quitting diapers.
But if diapers didn't exist, then nobody would have a diaper fetish, so nobody would have to resort to anything they'd know no different so
  • 2 weeks later...

Mary Ainsworth's study Infancy in Uganda was done when diapers etc were a new thing that only some parents used. It's an interesting read. From what I can recall, the parents who didn't use diapers:

• had dirt floors, and would just sweep dirt over wet spots to cover it until it dried
  • tried to notice cues that baby needed to go and took them to a potty spot outside to hold them in position
  • had babies go around naked a lot, so they didn't get clothes dirty
  • babies would crawl to the potty spot once they could and would be mostly toilet trained before their first birthday

Honestly, it worked better than the parents who tried to use infant clothes to deal with it, because a lot of them used plastic pants without diapers and with leg gathers, so the urine would just gather around the leg gathers.

In earlier times in the west, cloth diapers were used, and people tried to toilet train earlier to save on laundry and labour.

Chinese people used to often get young children to wear split-crotch pants, which have a slit in the crotch that opens up when the wearer squats down. That way, baby could just squat wherever they were when they felt the urge, and not get their pants dirty. It's going out of fashion lately for hygiene reasons - it's a public health issue to have poop just lying in the streets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Necessity is the mother of invention.  Nothing in this world came about because there wasn't a need or want for it.  If diapers didn't exist and there was a need for something to keep your pee and poop from ending up all over the floor, bed, furniture, clothing and wherever, someone would invent a diaper or something to wear to catch it all before it ended up all over the floor, bed, furniture, clothing and wherever.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably nothing for I do not need a fetisj or a kink or whatever you prefer to call it. Now I am a 100% DL and I suppose I was born that way. Now that it is there i've learned to embrace it for kicking it is not really an option, fighting it is even worse.