LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

From fully continent, to fully incontinent.

Congratulations, Ferix!

It looks like you are about to be rewarded for your persistence by graduating with honors from UN-potty-training school.

I will confess that I'm a bit jealous.

It seems like a bunch of us here are in a race to achieve some form of incontinence. It will never be an Olympic event, but it takes dedication and persistence. As well as what a lot of us are short on -- patience.

While I am following a customized coaching program as discussed elsewhere on this site and on my blog shown below, I ran across this one page document on the University of Washingon's website. It's a set of instructions for bladder retraining to reduce incontinence. It claims results within two to three months. It occurs to me to wonder what would happen if the appropriate parts of that were run in reverse?

I think I posted that link somewhere else, but it might be worth a look.

http://www.uwmedicine.org/services/urogynecology/Documents/BladderRetraining.pdf

Bob

Congratulations, Ferix!
It looks like you are about to be rewarded for your persistence by graduating with honors from UN-potty-training school.
It seems like a bunch of us here are in a race to achieve some form of incontinence. It will never be an Olympic event, but it takes dedication and persistence. As well as what a lot of us are short on -- patience.
While I am following a customized coaching program as discussed elsewhere on this site and on my blog shown below, I ran across this one page document on the University of Washingon's website. It's a set of instructions for bladder retraining to reduce incontinence. It claims results within two to three months. It occurs to me to wonder what would happen if the appropriate parts of that were run in reverse?
http://www.uwmedicine.org/services/urogynecology/Documents/BladderRetraining.pdf
Bob
I myself don't know how to run that in reverse. If I had to guess it would be absolutely no water and double the check list and try not to any urine. But if it was that easy I would be urine incontinent all ready the only thing I am is fecal incontinent. When I wake up in the morning I find that I pooped in my diaper when I was a sleep. I can sort of control it during the day I do have lots of accidents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On 2/23/2018 at 8:09 PM, Your Wet Friend said:

Congratulations, Ferix!

Bob

Good luck with your journey.

Running that program in "reverse" seems a little vague. I already do the opposite of what the article is trying to achieve by voiding as much as possible. I stay relaxed and try to void before I feel the urge to go; after 10 months, this has noticeably reduced bladder capacity and increased void frequency. I also drink plenty of stimulants, like caffeine, which the article suggests I avoid.

So unless you see something different in the article, I'm not sure how running the article in reverse will help me untrain more than what I'm already doing.

36 minutes ago, Ferix said:

Good luck with your journey.

Running that program in "reverse" seems a little vague. I already do the opposite of what the article is trying to achieve by voiding as much as possible. I stay relaxed and try to void before I feel the urge to go; after 10 months, this has noticeably reduced bladder capacity and increased void frequency. I also drink plenty of stimulants, like caffeine, which the article suggests I avoid.

So unless you see something different in the article, I'm not sure how running the article in reverse will help me untrain more than what I'm already doing.

It sounds like you're on the right track.

Just to be clear, I never intended to suggest that document posted on the university's website would be anything close to a complete program. Maybe just sort of a confirmation that some of the stuff we are doing is exactly the opposite of what those trying to overcome incontinence are doing. The last thing we want to do is to be accidentally doing something to promote bladder control!

Bob

5 hours ago, Dunham said:

I myself don't know how to run that in reverse. If I had to guess it would be absolutely no water and double the check list and try not to any urine. But if it was that easy I would be urine incontinent all ready the only thing I am is fecal incontinent. When I wake up in the morning I find that I pooped in my diaper when I was a sleep. I can sort of control it during the day I do have lots of accidents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Me neither. I just sort of considered it as a reference sheet of some things that can promote bladder control. Things we might want to avoid. As far as it being the outline for a complete plan to become a bedwetter or incontinent, it was never my intention to suggest it as such. I'm certainly following a procedure that is far more specific and tailored to really becoming a bedwetter with pants-wetting during the day a real possibility were I foolish enough to go out un-diapered.

Bob

Bob's lat remark was the one you need to remember ,in order to wet the bed your giving up daytime control as well , diapers go from optional to "are you high" , i'm IC not by choice by nature and just as diapers are not choice for me ,they wont be for you,we can wear all kinds of different diapers from modest to extreme , but you will be diapered or you will embarras yourself .
I am also diabetic so if my sweet tooth called I usually answer it with fruit , I could probably have my aide chop up 4 or 5 pineapples and slam all of them ,that's how much I love them , i also keep cranberries in the freezer and grind them up to marinate pork chops in! I cook with lemons, limes, oranges and zest the rinds , pineapple actually is meat tenderiser,if you eat these on routine basis as part of your diet they dont affect your urine.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Greetings fellow diabetic. Type 2. No shots. Janumet. 

Bob
Greetings , T 1 I shoot up Lantus & Humalog i took some bad drugs and messed up my pancreas and heart,and the obscene part Lilly made both what caused the diabetes and what treats it imagine that ?
Bastards, there's a metric ton of stuff wrong with me but the diabetes is also implicated in my IC (have it long enough and it jinks with the nerves in hands ,feet, bladder,eyes )got mine in '96, how about You?

10 minutes ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Greetings , T 1 I shoot up Lantus & Humalog i took some bad drugs and messed up my pancreas and heart,and the obscene part Lilly made both what caused the diabetes and what treats it imagine that ?
Bastards, there's a metric ton of stuff wrong with me but the diabetes is also implicated in my IC (have it long enough and it jinks with the nerves in hands ,feet, bladder,eyes )got mine in '96, how about You?

Hi Cruser,

Not sure when diabetes developed, but it was discovered in 2008 when I needed to visit an ER for a minor injury and they ran a blood test. The ER doctor freaked and put me on an insulin pen. I went to fill the prescription and something was all fouled up with my health insurance with the result being the cost would have been close to $1,000 for one month. I told the pharmacy to keep the stuff.

Within a couple of days, I found a primary care doctor after avoiding the medical profession for several years, and I went in for an office visit. I suppose I must have caught it fairly soon since I don't have any obvious complications like neuropathy. It might be impacting my bladder control?  I know that can happen. That would certainly be an ironic result given my bedwetting goals.

My new doctor who I like a lot said they over-reacted at the ER, and he put me on oral meds which have kept the A1C well controlled every since.  Health insurance got itself straightened out, and all is well.

So, thankfully, I'm not having any complications which is a blessing. Although if it did contribute to a bit of incontinence, I would not get too upset...

Take care of yourself,

Bob

When it was first diagnosed, the doctor at the 

Strange thing I love ice cream and hanging with some friends they wanted ice cream so I took them and i didnt get any , good thing because i ended up in ED later that night the lab results maxed out at 2000 i pegged it .

A year or so later i dont feel well same doctor who remembered me but this time hevwas fascinated that i could walk and talk my blood sugar was 22!

Stay on your bedwetting plan don't compromise your diabetes for a little IC ,i have a friend with neuropathy so bad I have seen him in the fetal position crying because his feet hurt so bad . You dont want in on that action !

I have diabetic retinopathy & cataracts , fortunately the retinopathy has remained steady it's there but isn't progressing .

2 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Strange thing I love ice cream and hanging with some friends they wanted ice cream so I took them and i didnt get any , good thing because i ended up in ED later that night the lab results maxed out at 2000 i pegged it .

A year or so later i dont feel well same doctor who remembered me but this time hevwas fascinated that i could walk and talk my blood sugar was 22!

Stay on your bedwetting plan don't compromise your diabetes for a little IC ,i have a friend with neuropathy so bad I have seen him in the fetal position crying because his feet hurt so bad . You dont want in on that action !

I have diabetic retinopathy & cataracts , fortunately the retinopathy has remained steady it's there but isn't progressing .

YOUR BLOOD SUGAR HIT 2,000???!! And you are still alive and talking? Holy smokes.

The worst blood sugar I ever had that I know of is 650. And I felt nauseated and had a heck of a headache. I was at a meeting and my anxiety issues got the best of me. Instead of taking the proper prescription med to help me calm down, I downed about 6 glazed donuts in the refreshments room. A really, really, really bad idea. I didn't wind up in ER for treatment, but spent the next eight hours at home feeling pretty miserable. Hence I've never done that again.

You are correct. Fiddling with your health just to be able to enjoy incontinence is not a good idea at all. Fortunately, the plan my coach as set up for me presents no danger to my diabetes condition. Actually, parts of it are sort of healthy.

Take care,

Bob

47 weeks in (10 months, 3 weeks):

There's a few subtle changes to report.

Tuesday this week, I woke up in the middle of the night to find myself already peeing while laying on my tummy. In the past, there have been times where my body reflexively clenches my sphincters to try and stop the flow of urine when there's a risk of a leak. I have always had to mentally deny that urge and I'm always successful with denying the clench, but still--for a brief moment--I'll noticeably slow the flow. Tuesday was different: When I woke up mid pee, I had that same reflex try to clench my sphincters. I denied the urge as usual and was surprised that there was barely any change to the flow, as though the reflex to clench didn't happen. It's been 3 weeks since my last night wetting, so hopefully this means I'm more relaxed at night and I will continue to increase my frequency of night wettings.

On a different note, I have been enjoying how my wettings have gotten pretty small. Usually, I'm relaxed enough that I'm wetting before I even have the urge to go. Even when my bladder fills up enough to send me signals that it's full, my wettings are still small. Most wettings seem to be around (an estimated) 2 to 4 ounces and at most, 6 ounces, or a half a can of soda's worth. I was thinking about it and I can't actually remember when I had a larger wetting--it's been at least a couple months. That was a pretty neat revelation, as it means my bladder has been shrinking from my untraining and I continue to progress towards diaper dependency and incontinence.

Progress is slow as usual but I strongly believe that all of my untraining is working and I am making solid progress. I feel like it can't be said enough, but I love my diapers more than ever. My only regret is that I didn't start wearing 24/7 sooner.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Ferix said:

On a different note, I have been enjoying how my wettings have gotten pretty small. Usually, I'm relaxed enough that I'm wetting before I even have the urge to go. Even when my bladder fills up enough to send me signals that it's full, my wettings are still small. Most wettings seem to be around (an estimated) 2 to 4 ounces and at most, 6 ounces, or a half a can of soda's worth. I was thinking about it and I can't actually remember when I had a larger wetting--it's been at least a couple months. That was a pretty neat revelation, as it means my bladder has been shrinking from my untraining and I continue to progress towards diaper dependency and incontinence.

Just out of curiosity, what methods did you implement to get you where you are wetting in such a low volume, shrinking your bladder size? I'm on the same path in my restarted adventure. So any tips would be helpful.

8 hours ago, Ferix said:

Progress is slow as usual but I strongly believe that all of my untraining is working and I am making solid progress. I feel like it can't be said enough, but I love my diapers more than ever. My only regret is that I didn't start wearing 24/7 sooner.

I can totally relate to this feeling. Nothing beats the emotional feeling, feeling happiness inside knowing you are back in diapers, this time for good. And knowing that hopefully at some point, there's isn't really a choice to not wearing a diaper.

On 3/1/2018 at 3:29 AM, Ferix said:

I feel like it can't be said enough, but I love my diapers more than ever. My only regret is that I didn't start wearing 24/7 sooner.

Boy howdy, you've hit the bullseye with this :thumbsup: Though the retrospect does me no good now, I can certainly see where my entire life would have been much better had I never been out of diapers. Can't fix the past but I can (and am) making sure it's done right now :D

On 3/1/2018 at 12:00 PM, Inconito said:

And knowing that hopefully at some point, there's isn't really a choice to not wearing a diaper.

I think it's most important to get through that part at the start. Even if you don't constantly need them yet, begin with never being out of diapers so that you will be used to them, and so that you will never have an excuse to not use them- positive reinforcement B) In this endeavor, the wearing of diapers should take a back seat to attaining incontinence which will continue whether you're diapered or not. The diapers just make for a more practical (and enjoyable) approach :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

Just out of curiosity, what methods did you implement to get you where you are wetting in such a low volume, shrinking your bladder size? I'm on the same path in my restarted adventure. So any tips would be helpful.

Best of luck on restarting your journey.

I read through your other post and you are definitely on the right track to shrinking your bladder capacity. If you keep to your goal of urinating every hour, or as frequently as your body will allow, and keep your bladder as empty as possible, your bladder will shrink.

When I started my journey, I essentially did the same thing: if I hadn't wet in an hour, I would consciously relax and try to make myself go, even if there was no urge. Over time, it got easier to urinate when I had no urge. I try to associate any time I'm still (standing or sitting) with urinating, so that now any time I'm still for a moment, peeing is second nature. There are even times where I had been standing for a while and could not remember if I had wet or not.

Positive reinforcement is really helpful too. Anytime I had a small wetting, I would give myself a mental "pat on the back" and I would tell myself I did good for using my diapers. The smaller the better! I would really try to reinforce that it's good to use diapers, even if it was for just a couple dribbles.

After 11 months of keeping my bladder as empty as possible, my bladder has noticeably shrank.

Don't worry if you aren't able to go every hour. There are sometimes I dont go and that's simply because I'm not producing any urine. There's other times, like last night after having a huge movie theater soda, that I was peeing 4 times in an hour.

Frequecy of urination depends a lot on production of urine and how relaxed you are. At just 2 months I was peeing 10 to 15 times a day, now I'm peeing 12 to 20 times a day (usually more than 15 a day), depending on fluid intake. Anything more than 10 times in a day is considered OAB and I definitely have that now. There's no way I could go pee less than 10 times in a day unless I was dehydrated.

I'd say the first big benchmark of your potty untraining is having an OAB. You stay relaxed as much as possible and urinate as frequently as your body will allow. Because of this, your bladder has now shrank to the point where you cannot go a day without peeing more than 10 times in a 24 hour period.

The second benchmark would be periods of diaper dependency. This is when you still have a lot/most of your control but in some instances, your OAB can prevent your from holding it in long enough to make it to the bathroom without an accident. You may also experience occasional moments of stress incontince: urine leakage during movement like coughing, sneezing and laughing; or urge incontinence: involuntary loss of urine after a strong and sudden urge to urinate. Occasional incontinence may only happen once a month or so. This is where I'm at now: at home, I could go without diapers and make it to the toilet, but at work, there may be hours where I don't see a bathroom, so its just a good idea to wear diapers to prevent any accidents. I sometimes leak urine if I'm laughing hard or baring down for a bowel movement. I also have occasional sleep wettings, 1 to 3 times a month, so to avoid a wet bed, I'm diaper dependent at night. 

The final benchmark (my prediction as I'm not there yet) is regular episodes of incontinence. At this point, you cannot go 24 hours without having involuntary loss of urine by stress or urge incontinence. For the most part, the urge to go and actual urination happens almost at the same time. You may have some control but it doesn't last for long.

The speed at which you reach each benchmark is different for everyone, but in general, it goes really--really--slow. You may not notice you've reached a benchmark until you've already passed it. As long as you stay relaxed and always keep your bladder as empty as possible, you will naturally progress from one benchmark to the next.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm curious what others think of my benchmarks and if you agree or disagree, or think there's any other indicators that show untraining progress.

I'd say the first big benchmark of your potty untraining is having an OAB. You stay relaxed as much as possible and urinate as frequently as your body will allow. Because of this, your bladder has now shrank to the point where you cannot go a day without peeing more than 10 times in a 24 hour period.

The second benchmark would be periods of diaper dependency. This is when you still have a lot/most of your control but in some instances, your OAB can prevent your from holding it in long enough to make it to the bathroom without an accident. You may also experience occasional moments of stress incontince: urine leakage during movement like coughing, sneezing and laughing; or urge incontinence: involuntary loss of urine after a strong and sudden urge to urinate. Occasional incontinence may only happen once a month or so. This is where I'm at now: at home, I could go without diapers and make it to the toilet, but at work, there may be hours where I don't see a bathroom, so its just a good idea to wear diapers to prevent any accidents. I sometimes leak urine if I'm laughing hard or baring down for a bowel movement. I also have occasional sleep wettings, 1 to 3 times a month, so to avoid a wet bed, I'm diaper dependent at night. 

The final benchmark (my prediction as I'm not there yet) is regular episodes of incontinence. At this point, you cannot go 24 hours without having involuntary loss of urine by stress or urge incontinence. For the most part, the urge to go and actual urination happens almost at the same time. You may have some control but it doesn't last for long.

The speed at which you reach each benchmark is different for everyone, but in general, it goes really--really--slow. You may not notice you've reached a benchmark until you've already passed it. As long as you stay relaxed and always keep your bladder as empty as possible, you will naturally progress from one benchmark to the next.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm curious what others think of my benchmarks and if you agree or disagree, or think there's any other indicators that show untraining progress.

Wow. Now there is a huge quantity to absorb...

I agree. The first sign that something is happening is when frequency goes up without having to consume copious amounts of liquid. I'm almost there. I would add that another sign of progress would be small "bladder spasms," for lack of a better term. It's that funny feeling you get in your bladder like it's quivering even when you don't have to urinate. It's like your bladder isn't sure what it should be doing. Maybe it's doing this because you changed your behavior and no longer make any attempt to stop yourself from peeing no matter the place or situation? It's just an odd feeling I get periodically that I don't recall ever having before other than when I really did need to urinate.

I'm working more on the bedwetting angle. I believe I wet the bed in my sleep for the first time about a week ago. Actually, I'm not sure. I know I went to be dry. I recall waking up I believe shortly after I started wetting my diaper. So I woke up mid-stream? I then went back to sleep. Regardless of how conscious I was of "sleep-wetting," I know something happened since I was obviously wet in the morning.

Your story is very encouraging. I'm confident you are correct on benchmarks two and three as well. Now if there were a way to compress the time required to get all this done....  I do know that I was not a bedwetter after age six. I also know that I began in earnest to start wetting the bed five weeks ago. To go from dry to a probable bedwetting incident in five weeks isn't bad. Now all I need is a couple more nights of confirmation and one morning when I wake up wet and have no idea when it happened.

Bob

Wow. Now there is a huge quantity to absorb...

I agree. The first sign that something is happening is when frequency goes up without having to consume copious amounts of liquid. I'm almost there. I would add that another sign of progress would be small "bladder spasms," for lack of a better term. It's that funny feeling you get in your bladder like it's quivering even when you don't have to urinate. It's like your bladder isn't sure what it should be doing. Maybe it's doing this because you changed your behavior and no longer make any attempt to stop yourself from peeing no matter the place or situation? It's just an odd feeling I get periodically that I don't recall ever having before other than when I really did need to urinate.

I'm working more on the bedwetting angle. I believe I wet the bed in my sleep for the first time about a week ago. Actually, I'm not sure. I know I went to be dry. I recall waking up I believe shortly after I started wetting my diaper. So I woke up mid-stream? I then went back to sleep. Regardless of how conscious I was of "sleep-wetting," I know something happened since I was obviously wet in the morning.

Your story is very encouraging. I'm confident you are correct on benchmarks two and three as well. Now if there were a way to compress the time required to get all this done....  I do know that I was not a bedwetter after age six. I also know that I began in earnest to start wetting the bed five weeks ago. To go from dry to a probable bedwetting incident in five weeks isn't bad. Now all I need is a couple more nights of confirmation and one morning when I wake up wet and have no idea when it happened.

Bob

It definately takes time to reach these benchmarks.  I know in my own untraining process I was so excited when my frequency to pee pee increased and was also encouraged when my bladder spasms began.  After these benchmarks my untraining has flatlined with no real progress to speak of.  It takes a lot of commitment to not just rip off your diaper and give up.  I would say at this point I definately have a slight degree of stress incontinence and even less so urge incontinence.  I am excited about turning the corner and reaching the third benchmark fulltime. 

Interesting points you make, but not sure how critical they are to becoming a bed wetter if you try to control things.  Let me explain, I have had these symptoms for some years now that of going to urinate a lot of times often for small amounts.  Also I often get strong urges especially when I am out and doing yard work, to the point I start to leak into underwear before getting to bathroom, or as I am getting undressed in bathroom. 

All these symptoms I have been told are associated to my older damaged prostrate, for which I am on several medications to control, possibly which is also preventing me from becoming a real time pants/bed wetter

After these benchmarks my untraining has flatlined with no real progress to speak of.  It takes a lot of commitment to not just rip off your diaper and give up.  

Not to pick on you or anything, but it's interesting I think that you're pursuing untraining so eagerly and yet get thoughts of wanting to quit because you're not making progress fast enough / not having the uncontrollable wettings you want to have. 

I suppose I wonder what happens when you do make the progress you want and then are stuck in diapers? Being frustrated or annoyed with certain parts of untraining and incontinence still happens once you reach that next stage, it just removes the option for you to stop.  Not to mention the other new things to get annoyed at, like inconvenient leaks at the worst times.

Just curious what you think about that, if you've thought about it. 

Not to discourage you from continuing ahead at all though, I think untraining can be a really great thing when done by the right people, just don't want you to end up like some of the very unhappy few I've spoken to who have a lot of deep regret for doing this to themselves. 

I've spoken to more happy people than sad though, so the positive side definitely can't be ignored either :)

Not to pick on you or anything, but it's interesting I think that you're pursuing untraining so eagerly and yet get thoughts of wanting to quit because you're not making progress fast enough / not having the uncontrollable wettings you want to have. 

I suppose I wonder what happens when you do make the progress you want and then are stuck in diapers? Being frustrated or annoyed with certain parts of untraining and incontinence still happens once you reach that next stage, it just removes the option for you to stop.  Not to mention the other new things to get annoyed at, like inconvenient leaks at the worst times.

Not to discourage you from continuing ahead at all though, I think untraining can be a really great thing when done by the right people, just don't want you to end up like some of the very unhappy few I've spoken to who have a lot of deep regret for doing this to themselves. 

I've spoken to more happy people than sad though, so the positive side definitely can't be ignored either :)

My sentiments entirely. Be sure it is what you really want.

As usual, I don't fall into the usual category.

I get what everyone is saying here. And there is a lot to be said for being sure you want something because you just might get it.

I'm looking to be corrected here if appropriate, but I don't think you have control one month and a month later find you have become permanently incontinent as a result of your training or whatever. Isn't it more gradual than that? Hence those who are persuaded they wish to be incontinent will get a taste of it before they finally "arrive." Or perhaps I'm wrong and it is like you are on a plateau and then suddenly slide down the slope helplessly as you become truly urinary incontinent.

Returning to my original point of not fitting well into a specific category, I'm focused on bedwetting. My going 24/7 for the past six weeks is simply a way to accelerate the bedwetting thing as recommended to me. Yes, some daytime changes have happened such as the minor "bladder spasms" and increased frequency. But I'm quite sure that after 6 weeks of 24/7, I could still control myself daytime if I wished.

I live alone and work for myself on a flexible schedule and from flexible locations, so wetting the bed, or more accurately, wetting in my sleep, impacts no one else. As far as being inconvenient, that's a matter of perspective. Obviously, the overwhelming majority report would be that being a bedwetter is a terrible inconvenience, something to be fixed. Yet if we were to follow the majority report in a broader sense, the whole ABDL scene would stand condemned.

I combine some oddball desires/problems. I seek to become a bedwetter partly for the "naughty" motivation, but also so I sleep through the night. I am not deterred by some alleged inconvenience attached to a five minute morning ritual of taking off a disposable, throwing it away, and wiping myself down with some adult disposable wipes. I also detest public restrooms, and find the surest way to prevent me from urinating is to stand in front of a urinal in a men's room.

Carry on!

Bob

No feelings hurt here.  I guess for me it is the constant need to consciously relax your bladder sphincter that grows tiring.  The quitting has nothing to do with wearing diapers or being incontinent.  I am just ready for my bladder to release on its own without control.  When I am at work I literally have to consciously think about releasing my pee pee or else I will subconsciously hold it until the need to release hits me.  Once I let go, I flood my diaper and can not really stop the flow.  Leaks are unlikely as I wear premium diapers and a lot of layers.  Even if I leak I am okay with it and accept it is a part of wearing diapers.  This concentration for me to stay relaxed feels like a distraction at times and that is what grows tiresome.  What can I say, I am just an impatient lil girl.

No feelings hurt here.  I guess for me it is the constant need to consciously relax your bladder sphincter that grows tiring.

This concentration for me to stay relaxed feels like a distraction at times and that is what grows tiresome.

You should try that from the other side (NOT!)

For most of my adult life, the only way I could stay dry was to consciously clench my sphincter closed any time there was a chance of leaking.  Which was anytime I moved or was moving, any time I was lifting something, and anytime I felt I might have a bladder spasm :angry: Which meant always consciously monitoring myself for the presence of those conditions. One mistake and I could release a near-unstoppable flood :o

Now I'm sure that this helped me a lot to become IC, but it was also a life-long habit I had to overcome same as it is for those with the usual continence abilities. Which is why I say that ignoring your bladder and it's signals is what it takes to become IC ;) You can't change the bad habit of bladder retention until you learn to not listen to anything your bladder and sphincter are telling you. Forget about them and pee anytime you feel like peeing immediately without restraint. When you bladder or sphincter are trying to send a message focus completely on whatever else it is you're doing at the moment. Push those other bad thoughts out of your mind and in time your mind will stop recognizing them. The mind and body are designed to be efficient and to not waste energy on things which don't matter, so by ignoring something long enough, the body learns to automatically do that for you :D Other things will help but I think that this is the key to it all in the end.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Hey @MarkSmith,

I agree with @Bettypooh that the gist of achieving incontinence is to be able to ignore signals from your bladder and allow your body to go whenever your body feels like peeing. Training to ignore your signals will eventually cause your bladder capacity to shrink, you'll urinate more frequently, and you'll weaken your sphincters.

For me, the urge to become diaper dependent and incontinent is insatiable. I chose to stay relaxed and pee as frequently as I can in an attempt to achieve incontinence sooner rather than later. Compared to 2 of my friends who are also 24/7, my progress has been moving faster than theirs; my boyfriend, who has been 24/7 for a year and a half now, and my other friend, who has been 24/7 for almost 2 years now, have not been staying relaxed. They definitely have made progress, but compared to me, they urinate less frequently and their bladder capacity is much larger. My boyfriend's progress is slower because he's had to deal with shy bladder issues, which he's mostly over at this point. My other friend's progress is different because he doesn't seek to gain incontinence quickly, but to enjoy his diapers 24/7 and sees incontinence as eventual outcome to his continuous wear.

I feel like staying relaxed and peeing as frequently as possible is not necessary in achieving incontinence, but it has certainly helped me get there faster. I don't mind the focus it took to stay relaxed. At this point in my untraining, I don't have to focus on staying relaxed anymore since my bladder has shrank and my drive to pee is mostly urge related anyways.

You don't have to focus on staying relaxed, especially if it's causing mental anguish. This is your journey and you should find which path works best for you. Perhaps, try and remove the relaxation aspect of your untraining to see if that makes the diaper experience better for you.

There's a difference between ignoring it all and "focusing on staying relaxed", but in the end all that matters is that you find a way to reach your goal ;)

The stronger your mind and resolve are, the sooner you'll get there. Doubts, no matter how small, will interfere with the process and may even prevent any success. And there's some variance of what incontinence is to you. For me it simply means that I have almost no bladder control regardless of what may (or may not) be stored in my bladder, while for others it may mean no bladder capacity and constant dribbling (which is more like true physical incontinence) :whistling: Either way you're going to need diapers. So although there may be some small dichotomys here in the semantics, the end result of needing diapers can be reached in various ways. So if you're not getting anywhere at all trying one approach, slightly alter things and you may find that more successful.

Whatever you desire and however you attain it is all for the good and the slight differences I'm pointing out are only academic; they are not meant to be saying one way is better than another or that anyone's approach is wrong. If you end up truly needing diapers in the end, you've done well :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Hey [mention=75910]MarkSmith[/mention],
I agree with [mention=21731]Bettypooh[/mention] that the gist of achieving incontinence is to be able to ignore signals from your bladder and allow your body to go whenever your body feels like peeing. Training to ignore your signals will eventually cause your bladder capacity to shrink, you'll urinate more frequently, and you'll weaken your sphincters.
For me, the urge to become diaper dependent and incontinent is insatiable. I chose to stay relaxed and pee as frequently as I can in an attempt to achieve incontinence sooner rather than later. Compared to 2 of my friends who are also 24/7, my progress has been moving faster than theirs; my boyfriend, who has been 24/7 for a year and a half now, and my other friend, who has been 24/7 for almost 2 years now, have not been staying relaxed. They definitely have made progress, but compared to me, they urinate less frequently and their bladder capacity is much larger. My boyfriend's progress is slower because he's had to deal with shy bladder issues, which he's mostly over at this point. My other friend's progress is different because he doesn't seek to gain incontinence quickly, but to enjoy his diapers 24/7 and sees incontinence as eventual outcome to his continuous wear.
I feel like staying relaxed and peeing as frequently as possible is not necessary in achieving incontinence, but it has certainly helped me get there faster. I don't mind the focus it took to stay relaxed. At this point in my untraining, I don't have to focus on staying relaxed anymore since my bladder has shrank and my drive to pee is mostly urge related anyways.
You don't have to focus on staying relaxed, especially if it's causing mental anguish. This is your journey and you should find which path works best for you. Perhaps, try and remove the relaxation aspect of your untraining to see if that makes the diaper experience better for you.
What measures did your boyfriend take to overcome he's shy bladder? I'm dealing with the same problem. Which in my opinion has meant that even though I have been in diapers 24/7 for four years, still have bladder control to some extent. Although I get some really strong urges coming out of the blue, resulting in me wetting myself due to a very strong and uncomfortable pressure in my bladder. Yet volume is no where near the capacity I had before going back into diapers.

Sendt fra min BTV-W09 med Tapatalk