LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

From fully continent, to fully incontinent.

12 hours ago, babykeiff said:

This is all down to trust.. do you fully trust your diapers.. and when they leak, is it a problem. You shoul be able to confidently answer that you don't care when you leak.. as it never will be something you worry about.

I've been wearing diapers long enough that I do trust my diapers. I also don't care if I leak as I have a mattress protector and terry lined vinyl pants that I wear over my bed time diaper.

For me, I really don't think its a trust issue. It's that my sphincters are still in control for the most part and that's what is preventing me from sleep wetting.

To my pleasant surprise, I ended up wetting in my sleep last night and had no issues with leaks. Its getting less and less exciting since my first sleep wetting occurance, but its still pretty exciting never-the-less.

I've been wearing diapers long enough that I do trust my diapers. I also don't care if I leak as I have a mattress protector and terry lined vinyl pants that I wear over my bed time diaper.
For me, I really don't think its a trust issue. It's that my sphincters are still in control for the most part and that's what is preventing me from sleep wetting.
To my pleasant surprise, I ended up wetting in my sleep last night and had no issues with leaks. Its getting less and less exciting since my first sleep wetting occurance, but its still pretty exciting never-the-less.
You could talk to your doctor about Tamulosin( Flomax)it helps shrink your prostate, relaxes your sphincter's and dilate's the bladder neck for "improved stream flow"

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Cruiser03,

adding medication may seem like a smart idea to accelerate a behaviour but, as all medical practicianers are aware (yet pharmacutal companies ignore for financial gain)...

1 The body is extremely efficent at conservation of energy.

2 If a chemical exists within a body, the body wil NOT produce same.

This causes the body to become immune to synthasised medication very quickly.

Therefore, adding medication to accelerate a task will, at first, accelerate the task but shortly afterwards, will stop the task being executed as the body creates 'anti-medication' to reduce the medication to zero level.

Doctors prescribe vasporenn or similar to children to help with reducing bedwetting. This works for up to 7 days, and then, since the body produces chemicals to rebalance its vasporenn level, the bedwetting gets vastly worse until the body balance can be reachieved. At that stage, usually 3-4 weeks later, the bedwetting is back to prior medical intervention, and usually by then, a parent will have taken alternative steps.

In most cases, medication only adresses symptoms,  not the core issue.

18 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

In most cases, medication only adresses symptoms,  not the core issue.

My biggest beef with the approach of "modern medicine" is exactly this. Symptom control is sometimes sufficient, but prevention or a cure for the problem is always best. The problem in the USA is that our medical system puts profits ahead of patients so as there's more profit in treating symptoms than curing diseases that's what we get for an end product.

But back on the subject here, while there are things one can take which can produce the effects of making wetting or pooping more easy, they also do other things which will probably not be desirable and might even be permanently damaging to the body.  There is no need to do this to become effectively incontinent ;) Yes we all want everything now instead of later but things rushed almost never do well so instead spend the time it takes to do this properly. A year may seem like forever when you're young but in reality it's not long at all, and taking the journey at that pace gives you time to fully savor each and every increase along they way. And when you do finally reach your goals you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you did it all yourself and that nobody can ever take it away from you because of that B)

Bettypooh

• Like 1
On 2/1/2018 at 10:19 AM, Cruiser 03 said:

You could talk to your doctor about Tamulosin( Flomax)it helps shrink your prostate, relaxes your sphincter's and dilate's the bladder neck for "improved stream flow"

I will pass on the meds. I definitely don't want to involve my doctor in the untraining process. I'm sure if I asked for medication related to an enlarged prostate, it would cause unwarranted concern from my doctor and he may want to do additional tests; someone my age really shouldn't be having prostate issues.

I appreciate the thought and I'm always willing to consider different options.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:19 PM, Cruiser 03 said:

Tamsulosin wouldn't do anything for him if he doesn't have obstructed flow of some sorts. The doctor would refuse prescribing it. Also taking unnecessary medication is super bad. It leads to, as the previous person have stated - tachyphylaxis, which is a diminished desired effect of the drug and an exaggerated counter response when the drug is withdrawn.

Tamsulosin wouldn't do anything for him if he doesn't have obstructed flow of some sorts. The doctor would refuse prescribing it. Also taking unnecessary medication is super bad. It leads to, as the previous person have stated - tachyphylaxis, which is a diminished desired effect of the drug and an exaggerated counter response when the drug is withdrawn.
I didn't know we had doctors and nurses on here in The Drug Administration service

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

AFAIK the only medical profession we don't have covered is pathology and I think we can do without that :rolleyes:
Bettypooh
Well there was a pathologist who wanted to participate but he's always dead tired! He would love if his patients used diapers because they are 100% incontinent .

On 2/2/2018 at 8:13 AM, Bettypooh said:

My biggest beef with the approach of "modern medicine" is exactly this. Symptom control is sometimes sufficient, but prevention or a cure for the problem is always best. The problem in the USA is that our medical system puts profits ahead of patients so as there's more profit in treating symptoms than curing diseases that's what we get for an end product.

Hey, careful there to not put out a totally unfair, comic version of "modern medicine". Practitioners licensed to do therapy have to have thousands of hours of training as well as years of hard education.

Especially modern medicine integrates multi disciplinary approaches, and all propositions must be supported by evidence according to the highest standards that are practically implemented in todays science.

Medicine is far from perfect, but there is just no real "alternative medicine", there is no systemic flaw in medicine, especially not in "modern" medicine. It is really wrong and unfair to think that little of it - especially if all alternatives are worse and have far lower standards.

All medical practitioners I met really care for their patients more than becoming rich, and there are so many preventative therapies and procedures, especially in "modern" medicine.

Also, why should illness be somehow more profitable than selling stuff that prevents illness? This is totally illogical, and if anything it puts a bad rep on those that need permanent medication, e.g. to treat depression.

Are you in anyway spreading this super-unfair, patient-blaming anti-mental-illness propaganda?

Also the way you use the term "modern" feels to me, like the less informed medicine of the past, which had provably less knowledge and more false pratices than current medicine, was somehow better...

WTF? Nowhere did I tout alternative medicine and nowhere did I even hint that people shouldn't take meds when they are needed. And as someone who is alive because of meds to treat clinical depression I'm certainly not against them.

When you give an irrational response or try to twist someone's words into meaning something which they did not say, you are hurting your own credibility :( The closest I have come to any of your accusations is to state that for me (and not anyone else in particular)  the SSRI meds were worse than the depression itself, and I am a proponent of nutritional supplements and vitamins where they night help but not as an alternative to medication where it's needed instead B)

One surgery I had wouldn't have happened 20 years prior and I would be dead otherwise there too, so I'm not against everything "modern medicine", but I am against profits over patients. If you take a deep look at the US system that's what you'll almost universally see. Some of the hottest stocks are medicine related. Some of the richest corporations are medicine related. Multiple millions of dollars are wasted by pushing new meds via national TV ads which require a prescription, and most of them only offer an alternative to meds currently in use which have a history of being effective.  The ads target the patients, not the doctors who control their distribution and use, because these companies know that with enough people demanding the drug, the doctors will prescribe it to placate them even when it is not the best option :o Huge amounts of money go into malpractice insurance where we should better indemnify doctors instead. If you think money doesn't drive the system try to get treatment without insurance- the situation I live in :unsure:

It's insane. It's wrong. It kills people who could have been saved. Everything here in the US is about money and profits with almost no exceptions. When it comes to humanitarian needs including the Medical world, profits should play only the most minor role with people and progress at the front. Until we reach that point I will definitely gripe about "modern medicine" in the US and I will have a valid reason for doing it.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Hey BettyP, you have hit on some critical aspects of our medical cost issue but have ignored the basis for the pharma cost.

As you so well put it,  "the doctors will prescribe it to placate them even when it is not the best option :o Huge amounts of money go into malpractice insurance where we should better indemnify doctors instead"   I would add, the doctors often over prescribe just to avoid any concern for a law suite!  To your point about resolving this by protecting from this, it would be easy if weren't for the attorneys!  You see, attorneys take care of themselves via bar reviews, but to allow medical people to do same would cost attorneys huge loses!!   So really, where is the problem???

With regard to pharma, the cost to develop new drugs is enormous, most people don't understand that.  Without the capitalistic system we have, many of the greatest drugs we have today would not exist.  Granted some systems with government supported research have developed a few drugs we use today, but the vast majority of the wonder drugs are developed after years of research and billions invested by drug companies hoping to make money in the end.  IE dammed if you do but also dammed if you don't  

If I were king for a day, I would protect medical people as indicated above, and allow the  drug industry to be partially funded by public grant money, with the insistence that drug patents are very short allowing for generic medication to make a market impact in months as opposed to the years it takes now.

• Like 1

I woke up this morning and realized I didn't wake up at all last night, which I thought was unusual as I usually wake up 2 to 3 times a night to pee. My diaper didn't feel soggy, until I reached down and felt how swollen it was! I was soaked!

I'm feeling pretty awesome as I had at least 2 wettings in my sleep (I didn't even need to see my doctor or take any meds :P). It really is a good feeling to have a soggy diaper in the morning ^_^.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Ferix said:

I woke up this morning and realized I didn't wake up at all last night, which I thought was unusual as I usually wake up 2 to 3 times a night to pee. My diaper didn't feel soggy, until I reached down and felt how swollen it was! I was soaked!

I'm feeling pretty awesome as I had at least 2 wettings in my sleep (I didn't even need to see my doctor or take any meds :P). It really is a good feeling to have a soggy diaper in the morning ^_^.

Nothing beats that feeling.

1 hour ago, MarkSmith said:

I am feeling that will never happen to me...

I'm sure with enough time and practice, you'll start wetting in your sleep. I have friends who've successfully untrained themselves but it took years and a lot of effort.

Before I went 24/7, I spent about 2 years wearing to bed every night trying to train to sleep wet with no success. I think that practice, combined with wearing 24/7 for almost 10 months now, has helped me get to where I'm at now with sleep wetting.

Don't fret. As frustratingly slow the process moves, you will eventually become diaper dependent day and night.

7 hours ago, Ferix said:

I'm sure with enough time and practice, you'll start wetting in your sleep. I have friends who've successfully untrained themselves but it took years and a lot of effort.

Before I went 24/7, I spent about 2 years wearing to bed every night trying to train to sleep wet with no success. I think that practice, combined with wearing 24/7 for almost 10 months now, has helped me get to where I'm at now with sleep wetting.

Don't fret. As frustratingly slow the process moves, you will eventually become diaper dependent day and night.

It might be a slow process but you can have a lot of fun trying with deliberate nightly wetting.

On 2/4/2018 at 3:32 PM, Ferix said:

Congratulations on the progress by the way.  I sometimes am envious.  I find myself constantly waking up at night and checking my diaper to see if I wet or not.  Always dry of course.  Did you ever bedwet before you started your unpotty training?

Congratulations on the progress by the way.  I sometimes am envious.  I find myself constantly waking up at night and checking my diaper to see if I wet or not.  Always dry of course.  Did you ever bedwet before you started your unpotty training?
Takebit from a guy whos been a wetter 24 years , if wear a diaper to bed and its squishy it beans you recentlt voided without awareness if its swollen and gelled thats a middle of the nighter,and the SAP has had time to absorb and really lock away wet , because even the super premium diapers have a surge pad to take s flooding and spread it out to the fill (if you flood and immediately move around you will have press out pee) once the diaper is soaking wet and has contained the urine that SAP starts trapping and locking it away ,trust me i wore diapers before SAP when they were just fill,and moving around when wet was a series of press out leaks for those of us with big bladders , diapers have come along way , although i rarely sleep in disposables unless away from home I prefer the protection of night cloth and bloomers, disposable diapers don't absorb everywhere , cloth is 360 degree absorbent and if any escapes the bloomers hold it so the diaper absorbs it any way , so if your diaper is gelled it was not a recent wetting it was definately during your sleep.

3 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Thanks!

I never wet the bed as a kid or as an adult. It was only after I started untraining, and really just a couple months ago, that I started to sleep wet.

I'm totally surpised that my sleep wettings have progressed to where they are now; I was expecting that bedwetting would be the last part of my continence to untrain.

I really feel like my time spent trying to bedwet before going 24/7 is a big factor to where I'm at right now. It took some time to train myself, but I can pee in any position in bed; on my back, side, tummy, and even in fetal position. I feel like it's important to master peeing while laying down when you're awake, that way your body gets used to voiding in those positions and it will eventually become easier and easier to the point where you can do it in your sleep.

We all untrain at different rates. I'm definitely envious of those that have already completed their journey. Heck, I'm jelly that I don't have the post-void dribbling like you get, though I do dribble sometimes. The envy is there and all I can do is endure.

Keep up your training and don't stop wearing diapers!

I experienced a first yesterday: I was dribbling pee onto the floor without realizing! It happened as I was getting into the shower and again after the shower as I was preparing to get diapered. I did not feel like I was urinating but I could feel it drip out of the tip of my penis. It was only a couple drips and it only happened yesterday and not today after I woke up.

My boyfriend saw and gave me a hard time, saying that it was proof that I needed my diapers.

I had also wet in my sleep that night for the first wetting and woke up for the other two wettings I had that night.

I'm pretty happy about it all. These subtle changes make me feel like I'm definitely progressing towards incontinence and diapers for life.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ferix said:

I experienced a first yesterday: I was dribbling pee onto the floor without realizing! It happened as I was getting into the shower and again after the shower as I was preparing to get diapered. I did not feel like I was urinating but I could feel it drip out of the tip of my penis. It was only a couple drips and it only happened yesterday and not today after I woke up.

My boyfriend saw and gave me a hard time, saying that it was proof that I needed my diapers.

I had also wet in my sleep that night for the first wetting and woke up for the other two wettings I had that night.

I'm pretty happy about it all. These subtle changes make me feel like I'm definitely progressing towards incontinence and diapers for life.

Congratulations!  That is awesome to hear.  You and I are opposites as I have experienced this but not bedwetting.  It is about time to officially declare you diaper dependant.  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ferix said:

That feeling when you realise you are incontinent. 

• Like 1

44 weeks in (10 months 1 week):

Last night I sleep wet again! I woke up to find a swollen diaper, so I must have wet it 1 or 2 times in my sleep. My body did wake me up for the 2 wettings after. It's still an exciting feeling to wake up with a soggy diaper!

On a different note: I haven't had any more episodes of dribbling when not diapered. I feel, as HotDogg55 mentioned, that dribbling is situational. I must have been extra relaxed that day and my body allowed a few drops of pee to pass. Hopefully, my body continues to become more relaxed so that sort of thing happens more often.

I definitely feel like these are all signs of incontinence or intermittent incontinence. With where I'm at right now, I should wear to bed at night as I seem to be having somewhat regular episodes of sleep wettings. In the daytime, I feel I could go without diapers and not have any accidents, but I would need to be very close to the bathroom and make frequent trips.

Even still, I agree with Mark, that I'm diaper dependent: I certainly need them at night and it's a good idea to be diapered in the day.

46 minutes ago, Ferix said:

44 weeks in (10 months 1 week):

Last night I sleep wet again! I woke up to find an swollen diaper, so I must have wet it 1 or 2 times in my sleep. My body did wake me up for the 2 wettings after. It's still an exciting feeling to wake up with a soggy diaper!

On a different note: I haven't had any more episodes of dribbling when not diapered. I feel, as HotDogg55 mentioned, that dribbling is situational. I must have been extra relaxed that day and my body allowed a few drops of pee to pass. Hopefully, my body continues to become more relaxed so that sort of thing happens more often.

I definitely feel like these are all signs of incontinence or intermittent incontinence. With where I'm at right now, I should wear to bed at night as I seem to be having somewhat regular episodes of sleep wettings. In the daytime, I feel I could go without diapers and not have any accidents, but I would need to be very close to the bathroom and make frequent trips.

Even still, I agree with Mark, that I'm diaper dependent: I certainly need them at night and it's a good idea to be diapered in the day.

Great update Ferix.  

• Thanks 1