LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

From fully continent, to fully incontinent.

The purpose of this thread will be to document my progress from going fully continent to fully urinary incontinent. So far I'm just over 2 months of wearing, with the first day of going 24/7 being April 7th,, or as I sometimes refer to as my

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Ferix said:

The purpose of this thread will be to document my progress from going fully continent to fully urinary incontinent. So far I'm just over 2 months of wearing, with the first day of going 24/7 being April 7th,, or as I sometimes refer to as my

• Like 2

Hiya, congrats on your progress! I hope you find success :)

I'm really happy to see another who agrees with this being a form of BIID. The downside is it's not well understood, so people still try to talk us out of it all too often, which is akin to telling a depressed person to "just be happy". But I like that we're having a discussion about the mental health aspects of this, given we're unlikely to ever be the subject of any serious research into why we want this. So we have to figure ourselves out ^^;

In my case, I've been aiming for incontinence for well over a decade. I seem to have hit a roadblock at being able to go easily in any position and to go frequently in small amounts. I believe the issue is that I don't and can't bedwet. I think that when I am sleeping, the bladder muscles constrict and stay that way until I wake up. And this is resetting all of the progress I make during the day of trying to stay relaxed. It allows those muscles to retain some tone.

The usual tricks for it don't work for me (hypnosis, drinking lots before bed, having the mattress protector and getting used to leaks, etc) and stents are super scary. I tried with a simple sound, boiled it to sterilize, thoroughly cleaned hands, still got a UTI. Alpha blockers might be a safe, light nudge in the right direction as they will help relax the bladder muscles a bit, but aren't OTC yet so I can't try that. I am a light sleeper, but I am not going near sleep aids beyond melatonin, those aren't safe. I'd be very interested if you find a way to make progress on bedwetting ^_^

Also, one thing I've heard some

• Like 1

Oh don't worry, it's not OTC so I'm not gonna try it. But I did read they were so safe that they were considering making them OTC, but of course urologists didn't want their patients to get away without having to pay them for visits so there was pushback.

My understanding was they helped the muscles to relax, which was to treat BPH (prostate swelling). Unclear what if any effect it'd have if you didn't have BPH. Also wasn't thinking it was a miracle incontinence treatment, just something that'd make it a bit easier on one's untraining journey.. maybe.

Diuretics have the same issue with lowering blood pressure, which is what causes the orthostatic hypotension. Easy enough to deal with that, just hold onto things if you stand up too fast and start to feel light headed. The potassium-sparing ones are even more dangerous. It's hard to avoid hyperkalemia when literally every edible food contains potassium.

I came to the same conclusion. There's not really safe any OTC or herbal solution that will help with bedwetting. I do know of some unsafe things but I don't want to mention them here and would not attempt them personally. The alcohol thing didn't work for me either, but then I rarely ever drink anyway.

Stents are dangerous too, as UTIs can potentially kill you too and the stents can migrate inside the bladder, which happened to one person here.

I still am mostly convinced this is the reason I can't seem to achieve incontinence. Most of the people who have done so seem to have already had a history of bedwetting before, which I've never had an issue with even as a small child. I think I'm just out of luck on my goal, though I'll never stop trying.

Don't mean to sidetrack the original poster's thread, sorry. The point of my post was just to try and get feedback from him if he finds any successful ways to bedwet once again, so I can try to copy those techniques :)

On 6/16/2017 at 2:46 AM, sunwutian said:

Hiya, congrats on your progress! I hope you find success :)

I'm really happy to see another who agrees with this being a form of BIID. The downside is it's not well understood, so people still try to talk us out of it all too often, which is akin to telling a depressed person to "just be happy". But I like that we're having a discussion about the mental health aspects of this, given we're unlikely to ever be the subject of any serious research into why we want this. So we have to figure ourselves out ^^;

In my case, I've been aiming for incontinence for well over a decade. I seem to have hit a roadblock at being able to go easily in any position and to go frequently in small amounts. I believe the issue is that I don't and can't bedwet. I think that when I am sleeping, the bladder muscles constrict and stay that way until I wake up. And this is resetting all of the progress I make during the day of trying to stay relaxed. It allows those muscles to retain some tone.

The usual tricks for it don't work for me (hypnosis, drinking lots before bed, having the mattress protector and getting used to leaks, etc) and stents are super scary. I tried with a simple sound, boiled it to sterilize, thoroughly cleaned hands, still got a UTI. Alpha blockers might be a safe, light nudge in the right direction as they will help relax the bladder muscles a bit, but aren't OTC yet so I can't try that. I am a light sleeper, but I am not going near sleep aids beyond melatonin, those aren't safe. I'd be very interested if you find a way to make progress on bedwetting ^_^

Also, one thing I've heard some

7 hours ago, Ferix said:

If I do find a trick that helps me wet the bed, I will definitely be posting about it here.

I don

• Like 1
On 6/17/2017 at 0:08 AM, sunwutian said:

Oh don't worry, it's not OTC so I'm not gonna try it. But I did read they were so safe that they were considering making them OTC, but of course urologists didn't want their patients to get away without having to pay them for visits so there was pushback.

My understanding was they helped the muscles to relax, which was to treat BPH (prostate swelling). Unclear what if any effect it'd have if you didn't have BPH. Also wasn't thinking it was a miracle incontinence treatment, just something that'd make it a bit easier on one's untraining journey.. maybe.

Tamsulosin actually is now OTC in several countries such as England. It has less severe side-effects than prazosin. What is funny is that doxazosin, which is just as effective for BPH, but is available as a much cheaper generic medication, isn't.

Alpha-1 blockers such as tamsulosin relax smooth muscles such as the bladder neck and internal urinary sphincter. They are useful for some types of urinary retention, but in a normal healthy person won't have much of a noticeable effect on urination.

19 hours ago, oznl said:

I noticed that one of the triggers appeared to be being wet already before I went to sleep.

Hey oznl, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure that trick is going to work for me. Before going 24/7, I spend over 2 years

11 weeks in:

I feel like I've reached a benchmark on my way towards toilet un-training. Gradually, over the past week, I've noticed that, for the most part, the need to relax the bladder muscles is no longer needed to pee. Now, whenever I go, I feel the pressure build in my bladder and then my bladder start to constrict. Once this happens I start to pee. It is somewhat distracting still and takes a little mental focus not to reflexively clench down.

Today, for example, I was driving to get some more diapers (you can never have too many), and the urge to pee came on. The pressure built, the bladder contracted, and I slowly started to pee. It was a light flow since my body position in the car seat was kinking the hose. My bladder wash doing all the pushing and all I was doing was preventing myself from clenching down and stopping the flow. I even coughed while I was peeing, and when I coughed, a larger spurt of pee came out during the cough.

I'm excited about the progress I've made this week. I will continue to reinforce not clenching down whenever I pee, and allow my body to pee whenever it gets the urge.

• Like 2

Last night, after my post, I had some much needed diaper time and my boyfriend and I invited a couple cub friends over to hang out in diapers, eat mac and cheese with sliced up brats and broccoli, (an adult version of a kid classic) and watch John Wick 2. Even though I'm in diapers all the time now, I still find that it helps a lot to enjoy my time in diapers with others.

I had a chance to talk with one of my friends about going 24/7. He went 24/7 at the age of 15 and has been in diapers for just over a decade. He started out with full time day control and intermittent episodes of bed wetting. He says at this point he is

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dljim95 said:

leaks will happen, you have to accept that you will have a wet bed or pants now and then. Cloth diapers at night was the answer for me when I

• Like 2
On 6/23/2017 at 5:18 PM, Ferix said:

At this point I feel like I need to make a full commitment to go to bed in cloth diapers or a disposable and then a cloth over top. I don't want to have to worry about leaking when I'm laying on my stomach or side and I need to reinforce that its okay to pee in any position in bed.

The trick to wetting in any position in bed with disposables for us guys is to always point down. On one's stomach, a leak is basically guaranteed if you are pointing up. And since it tends to move around on its own, especially in our sleep, I can get in a state where I'm not sure which way it's pointing when the urge hits, and that causes a hesitation as I check first that I feel isn't good for convincing the subconscious to just stay relaxed and let go. I almost never leak in any position with disposable when I'm pointing down.

There are ways to keep it pointed down, but they're either uncomfy or potentially not super safe. But for me, cloth diapers are way too much work. I don't want to do laundry daily, or have the washer tied up with a pending load all week.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:18 PM, Ferix said:

Once I started to leak, I reflexively clenched down but immediately over-rode my reflex and continued to let it flow freely--even though my leak was

• Like 1

At what age did you start your unpotty training?

I was around 45 when I started to wear 24/7, I am now 55.

Were you a bed wetter prior to unpotty training?

No i wet the bed a few times as a child the last time I remember 1 was around 7.

Did you do any tricks to get yourself to sleep wet

• Like 2
On 6/24/2017 at 8:49 PM, sunwutian said:

The trick to wetting in any position in bed with disposables for us guys is to always point down. On one's stomach, a leak is basically guaranteed if you are pointing up. And since it tends to move around on its own, especially in our sleep, I can get in a state where I'm not sure which way it's pointing when the urge hits, and that causes a hesitation as I check first that I feel isn't good for convincing the subconscious to just stay relaxed and let go. I almost never leak in any position with disposable when I'm pointing down.

There are ways to keep it pointed down, but they're either uncomfy or potentially not super safe. But for me, cloth diapers are way too much work. I don't want to do laundry daily, or have the washer tied up with a pending load all week.

Well, I am *ahem* a grower. I really don't have choice as to which direction I point. Sometimes its straight forward, sometimes it's up, and sometimes it's down. If I purposely point

12 weeks in:

No real changes this week (except for my diapers).

I had one instance at work where I felt like I hadn't wet in a few hours. I went into the bathroom to check and was surprised and excited that I wet without remembering.

Some days seem better than others with staying relaxed down there; at times I have to focus and relax to pee, other times I have no problem staying relaxed and I have to resist the urge to clench down.

I spent most of the week cramp free until last night. I had a mild dull cramp that started as I was going to bed. It was there when I woke up and I

12 weeks in:
No real changes this week (except for my diapers).
I had one instance at work where I felt like I hadn't wet in a few hours. I went into the bathroom to check and was surprised and excited that I wet without remembering.
Some days seem better than others with staying relaxed down there; at times I have to focus and relax to pee, other times I have no problem staying relaxed and I have to resist the urge to clench down.
I spent most of the week cramp free until last night. I had a mild dull cramp that started as I was going to bed. It was there when I woke up and I
On 24/06/2017 at 1:46 PM, dljim95 said:

leaks will happen, you have to accept that you will have a wet bed or pants now and then. Cloth diapers at night was the answer for me when I

• Like 1

13 weeks in:

Progress seems to be going well this week. Being relaxed down there continues to be the new norm. I'm still having times where I have to concentrate to relax, but those times are outnumbered by the times where my body just goes on its own.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...