LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Heya, having suffered with incontinence my whole life I made a pact with myself (see "Living with Incontinence" post) to not let my disability stop me from doing anything. I found that going to the beach however did prove one of the hardest past times to enjoy properly. I just wanted to share how I manage and hopefully get an insight in how other genuinely incontinent people (hopefully females as to get some tips) go about enjoying themselves there.

First things first I'm not a massive swimmer which does make things easier as the range of adult swim protection is limited and only really caters for

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice the cool nappy idea will certainly come in useful, talc is a must in summer because of the sweat. I find oriental style trousers often help as well because they are quite free, plus you can wrap them around to suit your style, Loose free fitting clothing is a must in heat, let your skin breathe and it doesn't feel as hot as tighter clothing does.

• 2 weeks later...

I find that a lot of the new technology used in "base layer" clothing is very breathable and keeps you cool. When it's warm, I usually wear compression shorts then normal shorts over them. Keeps my nappy hidden and in place and isn't as warm as it sounds. When I go on holiday, we rent somewhere with our own pool so that I can easily swim, change etc but if I'm in and out of the pool frequently, I don't put a nappy back on until I've dried off, not much point really!

7 minutes ago, Greg03 said:

I find that a lot of the new technology used in "base layer" clothing is very breathable and keeps you cool. When it's warm, I usually wear compression shorts then normal shorts over them. Keeps my nappy hidden and in place and isn't as warm as it sounds. When I go on holiday, we rent somewhere with our own pool so that I can easily swim, change etc but if I'm in and out of the pool frequently, I don't put a nappy back on until I've dried off, not much point really!

Yeah I have a lot of compression shorts, spanx and under armour. I use it a lot when mountaineering so it tends to come with me to hot places as well and keeps everything in place both down and upstairs

5 hours ago, HeyLookItsGemma said:

Yeah I have a lot of compression shorts, spanx and under armour. I use it a lot when mountaineering so it tends to come with me to hot places as well and keeps everything in place both down and upstairs

I love my compression shorts

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hi Gemm, I would say that depends on the type of incontinence you are suffering from. If you have stress incontinence or OAB you maybe need no protection at all at the beach - no one would know if the swimsuite is wet from the water or from something else - and if it happens just go into the water... So the only critical point is to change the clothes without that someone see you pad or diaper. If you have bowel incontinence a swim diaper might help - how ever this is indeed a problem, because of the cleaning...  On the other hand - I don't thing that people really care about this, as long as you not try to attract them with your diapers...