LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cheap diapers are just not worth it

• 3 weeks later...

No, the cheap ones aren't worth it at all - but the up-front cost of cloth or even high-end disposables can be way too much when you're on disability or some other smaller fixed income. As much as I'd love to get a case that'll last me a couple months or kit myself out in decent-quality cloth, all I usually have on hand is enough to get the "cheap" ones at the drugstore down the street.

I don't have a problem with cheap diapers, it just depends on what your expectations are. I have my bladder trained that I pee frequently in small amounts when diapered, so the only times I experience a diaper leak are when I either go too long without changing, or have a random diaper defect when I end up leaking out the legs. This happens even in premium diapers (Dry 24/7 seem to have the "spontaneous leaks" more than any other brand for me, for some reason).

Since I don't have "wettings" and use a diaper in small amounts continuously, I always try to plan my diaper choice for whatever I will get the best use out of.... so if I will only be in it for 2-3 hours (before changing into something else for bed, for example) I don't want to waste a thicker one.

It's all about managing expectations and choosing the right diaper for the situation!

• Like 1
On 5/26/2017 at 6:24 PM, gah!ghost said:

My girlfriend is incontinent and when we were broke we experimented with cheap diapers, Depends with tabs specifically. Around that time she was normally wearing DC Amor or Bambino most of the time. What we found is she'd go through 5-7 Depends in one day, not including the night. Part of this was their low capacity but they also started to feel gross and uncomfortable long before they were fully used.

21 hours ago, PrincessAriel said:

Do Bamboo or D.C. Armor have a pull up style?

My insurance pays for my cheap pull ups. My solution is to wear at least 2 every time and change as soon as I am able. I always carry extras in my purse.

They do not. But Northshore and Unique Wellness do and I'd suggest both of those. The Abena pullups are pretty good too.

• 1 month later...