LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cheap diapers are just not worth it

I downloaded the offerup app on my phone and traveled about 20 minutes to get a pack of 24 diapers of some low end store quality yesterday. Since then I've went through 7 in a days time and found out to myself that they're nice since I can wear all around the clock and double and even triple diaper myself. $5 well spent in my opinion. But I've also found myself changing every 4 hours or so and even woke up to a slightly wet bed, even though I had a pair of PVC pants over them. They're thin, and cloth backed, which is already 2 negatives already. All this time, if I had been in a Rearz diaper, I would just been through 1.so to all the IC folks here, why waste your money on crap when you can spend a little more money up front, and have something that works 100% better?

My girlfriend is incontinent and when we were broke we experimented with cheap diapers, Depends with tabs specifically. Around that time she was normally wearing DC Amor or Bambino most of the time. What we found is she'd go through 5-7 Depends in one day, not including the night. Part of this was their low capacity but they also started to feel gross and uncomfortable long before they were fully used.

I have to agree. The only time I use cheap diapers is for going to the gym or exercise when I'm only going to use it for that period of time.

1 hour ago, gah!ghost said:

My girlfriend is incontinent and when we were broke we experimented with cheap diapers, Depends with tabs specifically. Around that time she was normally wearing DC Amor or Bambino most of the time. What we found is she'd go through 5-7 Depends in one day, not including the night. Part of this was their low capacity but they also started to feel gross and uncomfortable long before they were fully used.

12 hours ago, notyalc said:

Shipping issue? I've never had issues... Mainly because I always order from Amazon. ABU has had the same issue back in the day too, but I think those days are over

I tell the story in brief (no pun intended) over here. Basically they just didn't handle a shipping mistake very well.

When were the ever?

Cheap diapers go back to the days of cloth diapers and they were never any good

i have to agree i get 200 diaper a month my choices are , Tena, Prevail, Wings, and cheap list continues unfortunately my choices are limited because of my income and insurance... The tena work well unless you are walking then they clump up and feel really grouse.

I agree that cheap diapers aren't the best; you get what you pay for. I think the tenas are the best cheap diaper (thanks to @steveg, I just got a bunch). I always put a booster in them and wear undies or a onesie over it to keep it all together and prevent clumping. They can last me up to 8 hours that way. Its not my preferred method but it's the only thing that works underneath my work uniform.

I am talking 65 years ago about baby diapers and even more recently, of cheap Chinese adult rubber panties. I do not even bother with throw-aways. Since they ARE throw aways, what does that tell you about quality, since they are made to use only ONCE? unlike re-usables, that must LAST, the price-quality equation favors poor over good quality. How much are you willing to spend for something that will be used ONCE then tossed? So in the case of disposables, it is just poor quality vs mediocre; at best, quality. But the same applies as with re-usables, only the bandwidth between "good" and poor is much narrower than with cloth diapers. How many times have you heard of "diaper blowout" with clothe diapers and rubber panties? Or tape failure? Or "clumping"? Or tiny holes which made the diaper useless? Or a "bad batch"?

I would not use any textile panty. No matter how good it claimed to be. Just too many moving parts so things go wrong and they are more expensive than good rubber panties. The original purpose of disposable diapers was for travel convenience, then the too-rich baby-boomers started a steady diet of throw aways. Compare the quality of a 1968 Pamper with one from today. Since 1970. prices have gone up about 700%. So what would that Pamper cost today. So, obviously, quality had to go down. INFANTAE PRESS did an article on the matter in the 1980's and SAP throw-aways withouy some other material felt slimy so they addede fluff and that comes apart or something else goes wrong with it and the cover material has gotten thinner and thinner and the "cloth" covered ones weep on the outside and can leave wet spots. $0.78 per diaper has to be a joke. Can you get anything wortwhile under $1.25?

3 minutes ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

0.78 per diaper has to be a joke. Can you get anything wortwhile under $1.25?

LOL i can get Tena Ultra is the bed diaper i cold possible get.

I take it you are a vet. Thank you for your service

3 minutes ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

I take it you are a vet. Thank you for your service

thank you... Yes i served 94-98 almost 20 years ago

Bosnia-Hertzogovina or the Iraq occupation?

5 minutes ago, Christine Daryleanne said:

Bosnia-Hertzogovina or the Iraq occupation?

neither LOL sat on a aircraft carrier doing circles

I am amazed at the tight organization of carriers, Probably the toughest job in the Navy. Certainly competes with the Silent Service

• 2 weeks later...

If I could stand long enough and fasten them independently, I'd get some cute quality diapers in a minute. But my insurance pays for my pull up diapeys and I HAVE to be able to pull them up for mobility reasons.

We learned very early on that quality and performance was the most important issue. Cheap diapers dont last and a uneconomic. Plus, if you have to wear all the time, you want them to be comfortable and again, only the best will do.

Cheap diapers not worth it, I guess that is why they are called cheap diapers. From personal experience I can only say you are usually better of paying a little more and end up having to change less during the day. I wear 24/7.