LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Learning To Use The Potty (private for Carrie96 and me)

Omo90210

"Oh, honey. Finish going potty so I can clean you up, and then we'll try again, okay? Make sure you tell Mommy next time you need to potty." Sharon cringed when she realized that James's pee had pooled around both of their feet. She'd have to clean herself up as well as him this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharon hugged James and kissed his forehead. "I know you don't like having accidents, sweetie, but you'll get it. It just takes some time to learn." She looked at her watch. It was getting close to dinner time. "Tell you what. You can wear a pull-up until it's time for bed, but I still want you to pay attention and try to tell Mommy when you have to pee-pee. You just won't get all wet if you don't make it to the potty. We'll try again with big-boy underwear tomorrow."

"It's okay, honey. You have plenty more. They're easy for Mommy to clean if you just pee-pee in them, but, if you poop in them, then it's easier to just throw them away." Sharon started the bath and cleaned James up with wet wipes before putting him in the bath tub.

Sharon smiled as she got James cleaned up. "Sweetheart, you're not in trouble. You can play if you want to. I told you at the beginning that I expected you to have accidents until you learn to use the potty. All children do. I want you to try to go to the potty before you accidentally go in your pants, but I will never be upset with you for having an accident."

Sharon put soap and water on a wash cloth and quickly cleaned her feet from standing in James's pee earlier, then got a pull-up and a t-shirt from his room. When she came back, she lifted James off of the toilet, flushed, and knelt in front of him and held open the pull-up so he could step into it. "Did you pee-pee a little bit?"

Sharon got the pull-up on him and patted his little bottom. "Try to keep your pull-up dry for Mommy, okay? It won't leak if you wet it, but it's going to be uncomfortable, so tell Mommy when you feel like you have to pee-pee." Sharon had bought the cool-alert pull-ups, thinking they would encourage him to keep them dry, or at least to tell her when he was wet. Her initial plan had been to keep him in underwear at home and pull-ups for short outings, and diapers for naps, night-time, and longer stints outside of the house, but she was re-thinking that, as he was still a bit young. She knew it was going to take longer to train him than if she had waited a couple more months. "If you wet your pull-up, it's going to feel yucky and cold, and, if you wet it more than once, then it will leak and get your legs all wet. If you don't make it to the potty in time, tell me so I can change you. You know I won't get mad."

Sharon got a movie started for James to watch while she cleaned up his puddle in the living room and got dinner started. "I'll be in the kitchen cooking dinner, but call out for me when you need to go potty, or you can go by yourself, okay? You'll just need to pull your pull-up down, like you did with your underwear, and step on your stool so you can sit on the potty. I'll come watch the movie with you when I get dinner in the oven." Sharon left the room, quickly cleaned James's accident from the living room floor, and went to the kitchen to decide what to cook for dinner.