LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Making the Best of It: A Tale of Love and Acceptance in Two Acts

Part 16

I was a little heartbroken when I awoke the next morning in the crib, alone. I flooded my nighttime diaper immediately and looked around for Harry. I grabbed him and pulled myself up with the bars.

"April!" I called, "I wet my diaper! Can I wear shoes today? April!"

I heard a laugh from the direction of the living room, and April was in the nursery shortly thereafter.

"Well good morning, my sweet Kimmy," I was released from the crib and changed into a blue knee-length sundress and a normal daytime diaper, the ever-present Silencer pacifier clipped to my dress, "We don't wear shoes in the house, but you can wear them when we go out. We need to get a Littlewarming present for Lisa and Melanie."

"Last night was nice," I hugged April as she carried me to the kitchen, where I was given my favorite breakfast, bacon and a sippy cup of orange juice, "I really like Mellie, she's nice."

"I agree with you, and you were a good girl last night, once you got to know Mellie a little bit." I blushed at the memory of making poor Mellie cry.

"How old is Mellie as a Little? She's taller than I am, and she walked to the door with shoes on with Lisa."

"I'd wager she's either twelve or thirteen months, but I bet she'd trade with you in a heartbeat if she could."

"Yeah," I said, between bites of bacon, "I bet she would. The grass is always greener on the other side of the playpen, I guess. April?" I asked cautiously, "Do you wish I were more like Mellie?"

"I wish you didn't fight being Little like it was such a bad thing sometimes, but no, I love my Kimmy. I don't want Melanie as my Little, sweetie, I want you."

"I don't want Lisa as my Amazon, I want you," I echoed.

"Time for a trip to the store!" April smiled once my breakfast was done. April was in a really, really good mood.. better than she had been in days. She helped me get my velcro shoes on as promised, and I hoped that she would let me walk in the store, or that the store had the carrier-carts at the very least. The car-prep routine was familiar and comfortable, and before long I was buckled in and we were on our way.

"Let's see.. what should we get Little Melanie as a welcoming present? My mom got you your pacifier, which has been so helpful. I want to get something useful, but cute." April's eyes caught mine in the mirror, "You should probably pick something out for Melanie as well, sweetie. I want you to think about a thing you wished you had when you first got here."

We pulled up to the store and soon I was being carried... in the carrier, she didn't even unbuckle me, into the store. 

"May I please walk in the store?" I asked as she carried me across the parking lot. 

"No sweetie, this store is enormous and you are tiny, it's not safe here," she answered. The sunshade was down so I could see, but as April fastened the carrier to the cart, I was sad that I wasn't going to be able to see her or look around as much.

"Do they have a carrier cart?"

"Aw sweetie, are you sad that you can't see me?" April asked as she pushed the cart into the store.

"Uh huh."

"We'll make this a quick trip, I already have you securely attached, no sense in taking the carrier all the way back to the car."

The inside of the store was huge - much taller than the stores we usually shopped at, I had never been to this one. Right at the entrance, they had a variety of restraining devices for walking Littles, leashes and harnesses made up to look like all sorts of things, from backpacks to animal costumes where the leash was the tail. This whole store was devoted to gear for Amazons to use on their Littles! April hummed one of the songs we played together and I joined in with her, humming along. Even though I couldn't see her, I felt like we were still connected and that felt nice.

"Let's see," April thought aloud, "What can we get for Lisa that she didn't already buy herself?" April's giant hand reached into the carrier unexpectedly and I found myself wriggling under her tickling fingers until I wet myself, but I didn't say anything. Instead I just sucked on the pacifier to console myself. "Maybe one of the newer Little monitors? The ones that give you all the vitals and monitor wetness... Hmm.. We know she has a teasing sense of humor, maybe we should get a pack of flavored pacifiers?"

I could only see to the left of the cart as we glided along and I found myself looking at various displays. We stopped in front of a Little-sized hamster ball with a diapered Little manniquin inside.

"Oh my goodness! Lisa would love this," April laughed as I imagined myself being sealed up inside the ball and bumping into things... the relative freedom of movement sounded enticing, but at the same time I wasn't sure I liked the idea of that kind of captivity, "Too bad, she lives in an apartment, she'd never have a place to use this."

We came to a section that had very large harnesses... it looked like they were intended to physically tie a Little to an Amazon. I suddenly had the urge to have my pacifier in my mouth, so I went with it.

"I don't think Lisa is the body-carrier type, she lets Melanie walk," April mused. She didn't stop there long and as she pushed the cart away, I realized... This was a thing I wanted to try! I loved the idea of being so close to April, and I'd be able to see much better.

"Pwease!" I pointed at the mannequin who had their Little tied to their chest, facing outward toward the world. That looked so much better than being stuck in a carrier in the cart.

"Sweetie, do you want to be carried? Hmm... I never really thought about it, it tends to be for Littles smaller than you, you're at the upper end of the range."

"Pwease?" I asked again, this was probably the first time I was being denied something because I was too big, it was very frustrating. "Pwetty pwease?"

"We're not shopping for us, Kimmy," April laughed, but she tossed a box with a carrier harness in the cart anyway, "We're supposed to be shopping for Lisa. Help me find something for her, cutie!"

"Tanks!" I beamed, sucking loudly on the pacifier and wiggling my toes, which got my feet tickled. The cart went on.

"...about eleven years now, I think", I overheard a conversation as we approached a section that was showcasing walkers, "Which do you think would be best for Adam?"

"Let's see, if Adam hasn't walked in eleven years, you'll probably want to start him with this model." A salesman Amazon was helping a couple, a middle-aged Amazon man and his wife, who was holding a Little boy, who sucking on a pacifier and wearing a onesie with an obvious crawler diaper underneath.. something didn't add up. The Little looked younger than me, and I'd never seen a Little younger than their mid-twenties. If that boy had been with them for eleven years, how old was he really?

My train of thought was interrupted abruptly by an unwelcome voice.

"INPUT 12 MONTHS CONFIRMED, STATUS: WALKER", the sound of the RoboNanny sent me into a panic.

"Oh no, I took a wrong turn. Close your eyes, Kimmy," April said to me as we found ourselves in the RoboNanny aisle.

"CURRENT SUPPLIES, SIX DAYS REMAINING."

"Do you really think our sweetums would be okay in one of these for six days, dear?"

I felt myself starting to hyperventilate as April pushed us through the RoboNanny aisle quickly. I clenched my eyes shut and listened to Amazons discuss long-term captivity of their supposedly beloved Littles. I could almost feel the RoboNanny's fingers on my wrists and ankles again, and I started to cry.

Soon I was in her arms and we were sitting on an empty endcap, away from the RoboNannies.

"Oh my poor Kimmy, I'm so sorry," April cursed under her breath, "Why do I have to be so stubborn about diaper bags? You need your bottle and I didn't bring one, I am so sorry."

She stroked my hair and rocked me.

"Please Kimmy, please calm down. Kimmy sweetie, we're getting looks. Be my good girl, please Kimmy."

She held me tightly but my feelings were completely out of control, I couldn't seem to calm down. I couldn't stop thinking about the RoboNanny grabbing me and not letting me go!

"Kimmy," April pleaded, "please... " April sounded really upset, then she started to sing softly and she whispered to me on a rest, "Sing with me sweetie, share your pretty voice."

I hiccupped and sang one of the songs we had been practicing together, and I started to calm down. I could feel April's love pouring over me and I knew I was safe.

"Good girl, Kimmy," April said, putting my pacifier back between my lips, "Shhh, good girl."

"Is everything okay ma'am?" a gruff voice came from overhead.

"Yes sir, everyting's fine," I heard April say, "I just forgot the diaper bag in the car and she was upset.."

"Ma'am, I need you and your Little to come with me please," April stood and held me tighter than she ever has at that, "I'll need to see your ID and your Adoption Card."

"Everything's okay, she's okay - we're fine..."

"Ma'am, let's not make this difficult."

The man led is back to the back of the store, April slipped my pacifier back into my mouth and I sucked on it furiously. She was scared, I was terrified.. but me freaking out is what got us into this mess and April worked very hard to get me calmed down. We sat down in a small stark white office and April handed some things from her purse to the man. He was scary, he was bigger than April and he had big hands and hairy arms, and a big moustache. He wore a button up shirt and slacks, and he looked like he might not have smiled in his entire life.

"It says here your Little is ten months, does she speak well?"

"Yes sir," April nodded, "Kimmy is very well spoken."

"I'd like to interview.. Kimmy, is it? Is that okay?"

The way that April was squeezing me, I could tell that it was not okay, but she handed me over to the man, who started to carry me away. I panicked and the pacifier fell out of my mouth. 

"MOMMY! I WANT MY MOMMY!" I screamed before I even realized what I was saying and I was reaching furiously for April.

"Shh," the big man said as he carried me into a back room and shut the door. He set me in a high chair and buckled me in, but I didn't get a tray. I was petrified at this point, I couldn't move.. "Kimmy," the man sat down in a chair facing me, his face stony. "Does your mommy ever hit you?"

"No!"

"Is she ever mean to you? Does she make you feel bad?"

Suddenly I realized what was going on, those were the same questions Miss Michelle asked me. I stopped crying and sniffled.

"Is your mommy mean, Kimmy? You were very upset in the store, I want to know if you're okay. You can talk to me, you're safe."

"My mommy is mean," I said, my wheels turning.. Miss Michelle didn't believe me at first when I defended April.

"What does your mommy do that's mean, Kimmy?"

"She's mean all the time, are you going to punish her? She makes me eat yucky peas and she won't let me eat ice cream for breakfast, and she wouldn't buy the diapers I wanted! Just now in the store, she said I couldn't have the pink paci because I already had 3! But I don't like the ones at home, I wanted THAT ONE!"

The man groaned.

"Will you tell her she has to buy it for me? She has to! I want it!"

The man stuck my pacifier in my mouth and inflated it. I crossed my arms over my chest in "fury" and huffed while he carried me out of the room.

April was sobbing alone in the office when he dropped me a bit roughly in her lap.

"Ma'am, you need to learn how to discipline your Little. Kimmy here is possibly the most spoiled Little girl I've seen in my career, I legitimately thought you were hurting her from that tantrum. If you don't learn better ways to tell her no and control her, she is going to get you both in a lot of trouble. The only reason you're not already is because frankly," he frowned at me, "I feel bad for you. Littles need firm love, you can't give them everything they want or the end up like... " he gestured roughly at me and handed back April's cards, "that."

April blushed and sputtered, mumbled something and slipped out of his office. I hugged her tightly as she carried me rapidly to our cart. She buckled me into the carrier, removed it from the cart and hurried to the exit, sadly leaving the body-carrier I had asked for behind.. but I wasn't surprised. As soon as the carrier was snapped back into place safely in the back seat of the car, April wiped her face and looked at me in confusion.

"What in the world happened in there?" she asked as she removed the pacifier from my mouth.

"He thought you were hurting me.. I asked a question at LittleGarden that made Miss Michelle think the same thing, they used the exact same words when they talked to me... Miss Michelle didn't believe me when I said that you were wonderful and nice, so I told that man you were mean to me all the time because you wouldn't buy me the things I wanted and made me eat things that I didn't like. I figured if he thought I was just a brat, we could go."

"You are a clever Little," April stroked my cheek. I smiled at her. "You.. you called me 'mommy'. Was that part of your idea?"

"No," I blushed, "I panicked, I thought he was going to take me away from you... I... I don't want to be without you."

"Oh Kimmy," April was crying again, but happy tears this time, "I don't want to be without you either."

• Like 7

"Tank you", I saw what you did for me ;)

The part with Kimmy talking to the mall security guy actually made me laugh out loud.

First I was super confused when she suddenly said, that April was mean to her. I read that sentence like 3 times in a row, well it did make sense afterwards, but it was really unexpected! Good job on getting so creative!

Also, I always wondered if maybe Kimmy didn't have the best relationship with her real mother and that's maybe the reason she never consciously called April mommy, I guess we will find out soon enough.

2 hours ago, little Shao said:

First I was super confused when she suddenly said, that April was mean to her. I read that sentence like 3 times in a row, well it did make sense afterwards, but it was really unexpected! Good job on getting so creative!

Me too!

Today is the first day I've had to catch up with this. I too like the music influence you have going on here. The idea that she's in danger of being taken away for being too mean is a little surprising, but I think possible depending on how the laws change ;-). I have a character coming up in mine that will be the perfect example of why that law should exist...

4 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

Today is the first day I've had to catch up with this. I too like the music influence you have going on here. The idea that she's in danger of being taken away for being too mean is a little surprising, but I think possible depending on how the laws change ;-). I have a character coming up in mine that will be the perfect example of why that law should exist...

Wow! I like how April is always threatened with Kimmy being taken as it keeps the story reader on their toes but I do hope it never happens and I like relationship between Kimmy and April. This chapter is very sweet and I am still curious as to what they get Lisa and how Kimmy reacts to being in the carrier. Also is Kimmy going to be breastfed at some point? Looking forward to more!!

6 hours ago, SGTbaby said:

Wow! I like how April is always threatened with Kimmy being taken as it keeps the story reader on their toes but I do hope it never happens and I like relationship between Kimmy and April. This chapter is very sweet and I am still curious as to what they get Lisa and how Kimmy reacts to being in the carrier. Also is Kimmy going to be breastfed at some point? Looking forward to more!!

Shopping continues next chapter!

I absolutely love your story! I've been going through a lot lately and been feeling rather depressed. But your story is one thing that I look forward to everyday. I get such happy feelings reading this story! Can't wait for the next chapter.

1 hour ago, cvtinkerbellbaby said:

I absolutely love your story! I've been going through a lot lately and been feeling rather depressed. But your story is one thing that I look forward to everyday. I get such happy feelings reading this story! Can't wait for the next chapter.

Part 17

We pulled into the parking lot of the Target, April's usual go-to shopping spot. We still needed to pick up a "Littlewarming" gift for Lisa. We had been out much longer than usual with the extra trip though, and I had an uncommon problem for us.

"Um, April?" I called quietly, "My diaper is really wet and I need to go again... "

April was a homebody, we didn't leave the house all that often. I wasn't even sure if we had spare diapers in the car.

"Can that diaper make it until we get home?"

"I'm not sure, it feels really squishy," I pressed on my crotch and felt a little liquid seep out of the padding inside the diaper, "I don't think so."

"Well, that settles that - we're definitely getting a diaper bag today. This is two incidents today where it would have saved us a lot of trouble."

The pressure in my bladder was building and I hadn't really tried to hold it in weeks now, I wasn't even sure I could.

"They have a vending machine in the ladies' room that sells diapers here, let's go get you changed before you leak."

"Okay... let's hurry, I'm not good at holding it now."

"Oh my, you weren't kidding, you're soaked," April said as she picked me up out of the carrier and hurried towards the store, "I'm wishing I had you in a thicker diaper right now."

"I like these," I pouted, feeling uncertain. I'd never been changed in public before and I wasn't terribly thrilled at the idea. A big benefit of April being a homebody was the privacy. We hurried into the store and went straight for the restroom, which was right at the front. There were a couple of other ladies in the restroom, one changing a very messy Little girl who was sobbing quietly around a pacifier. April walked to the vending machine... which was out of order.

"Oh no!" she huffed, "Today has just been the worst day!"

"What's wrong?" a nice-looking Amazon "mommy" asked April. She was wearing a dark colored dress with a floral print, and she had a pretty beaded necklace on. She was washing her hands, standing next to a stroller with an unconscious Little boy in it. "Oh, the machine's broken."

"Yes, and Kimmy was so upset this morning that I walked out the door without the diaper bag and she's positively soaked... "

"Um, mommy... " I said softly, as I felt my bladder release a trickle. I was losing this battle. "I'm peeing... "

"Here," the woman said and handed April a diaper that looked much too big, "James is bigger than your Little. Put this one on over her soaked diaper before it leaks."

"Thank you!" April took the big diaper from the nice lady and laid me down on an open changing table. I could feel the diaper squish underneath me on the hard changing table. April lifted my dress and slid the clean diaper underneath me... and taped the bigger clean diaper on right over the soaking one. I blushed heavily, the bulk of this double-diaper was thicker than the crawler diaper the LittleGarden had put me in and I felt ridiculous.

"You are a lifesaver," April said to the lady, picking me back up. I finally lost the battle and felt myself flooding the over-saturated diaper I had on, and I felt it leak into the clean one. April sensed me getting upset and popped my pacifier between my lips, "I'm April and this is Kimmy. Can we buy you a cup of coffee in thanks?"

"I'd like that," she said, "I'm Julie and this little guy is James."

"He's what, 18 months?"

"Good guess, 19. I have myself a handful. He will climb anything if you turn your back on him for an instant. He's a good boy though, I'm happy to have him. Yours is what, 9 months?"

"Dis many," I held out both my hands and showed my fingers. My legs were spread far apart by the double-diaper... I bet the extra padding would make me fit up front in a cart.

"Oh, well then," Julie laughed, "didn't mean to short you a month, you little silly. She's a funny one, I bet she keeps you very busy."

"Oh, she does," April laughed along with her. The four of us went to the coffee shop that was built in to the front of the store, I was set in a highchair next to James' stroller. Julie sat with us Littles while April went and ordered the coffee. The double diaper felt pretty uncomfortable in the simple highchair.. it had no tray, it was just a tall wooden stool with a spot to thread my legs through I wasn't about to complain though, it was better than leaking everywhere and getting my dress all yucky. Julie was staring very closely at my eyes.. by the time April got back, it was starting to make me a little uncomfortable. The smell of the Amazon-strength coffee hit me as April delivered the two cups and sat down.

"Your Little is very cute, April. Her eyes are very bright, has she been fighting off the regression formula?"

"Oh, I don't believe in giving Kimmy any regression formula," April said. Her spine had gone completely straight.

"Really! She's so cheerful, I figured for sure you had her regressed," Julie laughed, completely oblivious to April's discomfort, "I keep James on a heavy dose, it makes him so much more pleasant. If he misses two days in a row, it's all complaining about needing to get back to his 'business'. I guess I'm just old fashioned. I'm not as bad as my friends back home though, their customs wouldn't even be welcome on this island."

"Oh, you're not from around here?" April asked, "Which island are you from? What brought you here to Albion?"

"My husband is a food scientist - we're from Catalon originally. Your island spends so much on food research for Littles, figuring out what they like and what they don't like... it's my husband's passion so here we are. On Catalon, the flavor of what you fed your Little didn't matter, as long as they were healthy. It's funny how different things can be from island to island!"

I was staying purposefully silent, I didn't want this woman's attention on me. April had stiffened visibly when she said 'Catalon', I figured I probably didn't want to know. I just had to wait for April to get us out of this conversation.

"Your Little is so cute already, I bet she'd be absolutely adorable on a light dose!"

"Kimmy is cute because she is clever, I don't want to dull that at all. I love her just the way she is."

"Oh, of course you do honey - I just think you should keep an open mind."

"I'll give it some thought. Thank you very much for the save back in the ladies' room - Kimmy and I are shopping for a Littlewarming present for a friend, we'd better get back to it. You have a great day!"

"Absolutely," Julie smiled, not noticing April's rapid retreat, "Thanks for the coffee, it was nice meeting you."

--

"What a day," April sighed, booping my nose where I sat in the carrier built in to the front of the cart. I smiled, I got to stare into April's eyes as we shopped, it was pretty fantastic. A big puffy, pink and purple diaper bag was in the cart. April wasn't really happy about that, but after the day she'd had.. I knew she didn't ever want a repeat. I felt guilty for causing a fuss in the other store, but she had said it wasn't my fault.

We had decided on a pink unicorn sleepsack since Melanie liked being swaddled - it had internal sleeves that were sewn to the body. Once a Little was zipped up in this, they wouldn't be able to move at all.. and they'd look like their head was poking out of the neck of a cute pink unicorn! They'd be a Little-stuffed stuffie! The tail hid a zipper for a drop seat, so Lisa could change Melanie without pulling her out of the suit. It would have been a torture device if April had gotten it for me, but I just knew that Melanie would love it.

I had suggested we get Melanie a pack of the super fancy, extra-extra thick girly diapers. They were a soft pink, and they actually had butt ruffles and lace on the disposable diaper. Once again, I thought it was silly but I had a feeling that Melanie would absolutely love it. We also got her a little purple kitten stuffed toy, which I had named Duchess Fuzzbutt. Mellie would probably rename it, but that was definitely the name I was going to use when we gave it to her.

"Let's get you home and into a fresh diaper, Kimmy - that doesn't look comfortable."

"It's not," I shrugged, "but I'm your Little and diapers are part of the deal."

April looked at me quizzically - she didn't look like she was sure how to feel about that one.

"I mean, I'm getting used to them. Even the thick ones. It's not so bad... the best part is," I smiled shyly, "how much you love me when you change me."

April lit up at that, a big smile spread across her face. I hoped that a good end would erase some of the bad of the day.

• Like 8

How did I miss such a beautiful story? bbykimmy, thank you so much for sharing the struggles of Kimmy's transitions from her "home" to the beautiful new life she was given. I especially loved the conversation with the Guard and Kimmy. Her bright idea to play the bratty child made me laugh so hard. I eagerly anticipate your next chapter as I just found and caught up today.

Again THANK YOU cor sharing you art with us here

36 minutes ago, Jayme said:

How did I miss such a beautiful story? bbykimmy, thank you so much for sharing the struggles of Kimmy's transitions from her "home" to the beautiful new life she was given. I especially loved the conversation with the Guard and Kimmy. Her bright idea to play the bratty child made me laugh so hard. I eagerly anticipate your next chapter as I just found and caught up today.

Again THANK YOU cor sharing you art with us here

Thank you so much for all the kind words, it means a lot to me!

Yeah for the update and the leaderboard...well deserved! I like the way new islands are mentioned and you are constantly referring to other parts of the dimension. Keeps the story fresh, easy to understand and within reference. The new couples are also fascinating and I like how April constantly fights off the idea of regression but makes me wonder how long until she gives in a little more, like before with being more firm with Kimmy. The way Kimmy is becoming more loving towards April is beautiful and lovely. I look forward to more of your story as always!!

2 minutes ago, SGTbaby said:

Yeah for the update and the leaderboard...well deserved! I like the way new islands are mentioned and you are constantly referring to other parts of the dimension. Keeps the story fresh, easy to understand and within reference. The new couples are also fascinating and I like how April constantly fights off the idea of regression but makes me wonder how long until she gives in a little more, like before with being more firm with Kimmy. The way Kimmy is becoming more loving towards April is beautiful and lovely. I look forward to more of your story as always!!

I stayed up to see your comment!

• Like 1

Part 18

I shifted uncomfortably in the car seat as I found myself wetting the double diaper again. Wetting a diaper wasn't fun in the first place, feeling like I was leaking every time made it extra bad. I couldn't wait for a fresh diaper... I shook my head at that thought. I was looking forward to this beautiful, giant woman to carry me into her house, lay me down, and put me in yet another diaper. But honestly... it sounded vastly superior to dragging myself out of bed to slam a coffee and sit on the subway to go to a job that was sucking my soul out.

My subway car of thought was interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing through the car speakers.

"Lisa!" April said to the car, "What's going on?"

"So.. remember how you said we needed to start going to more family friendly places? Let's go out to dinner together for the first time in forever."

"Oh that sounds really nice, Kimmy and I haven't been out to eat in a long time. Is Melanie going to be okay though? She's pretty sensitive."

"Melanie is most comfortable when she can be quiet, her voice is the only thing that really gives anyone a clue. What she just can't get through her Little head is that literally no Amazon cares. You never know when the pretty Little in a dress is a boy or not anyway! It's all hangups from her old life, you know how it is."

"Um, Lisa.. you're on speakerphone in the car."

"What!? Um, hi Kimmy, I hope you're having a great day! What do you think sounds good for dinner, sweetie? We should go someplace with a good dessert, I think."

"I don't know, Lisa... Is there a place that will let a Little eat sushi? I miss sushi." I honestly wasn't sure what she was covering. She thought I had some hangup from back home that was giving me trouble here? I couldn't think of anything off hand.

"Sushi actually sounds really good," April came back into the conversation, "I think that place on 23rd and 5th won't have a problem with Kimmy and Melanie eating the sushi. Do you want to do that?"

"Sounds good, 6 PM?"

"Too close to Kimmy's bedtime. You really want her to be in a sushi restaurant at 7?" April asked, I blushed. I still didn't believe her that I melted down at 7 PM, but I'd been falling asleep before then lately so it wasn't like I had evidence to support a refutation.

"I'll be good," I promised.

"Too risky, how's 5 sound?"

"A little early for my tastes, but I understand. A tired Kimmy in an unfamiliar place is a recipe for disaster."

"Hey! I'm not that bad," I pouted.

"Nobody thinks you are, sweetie. We're just playing it safe, that's all. Nothing to be upset about."

"Melanie is looking forward to seeing you again, Kimmy. We'll see you two tonight!"

"Well, I guess we'll be doing gift bags instead of wrapping these presents," April said after the phone was hung up, "Unwrapping gifts in a restaurant is so awkward. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces from these..."

Before April's sentence was even finished, the phone was ringing again. She answered it with a button press on the steering wheel before the first ring even finished.

"What did you forget?" April asked.

"I forgot how beautiful your voice was, for one," an unfamiliar, deeper female voice came from the car speakers.

"Gwen! Um, hi! I just hung up with my best friend, I thought you were her calling me back."

"I had a really good time last week, April... I haven't heard from you lately," the new voice said in a smooth tone, "You seemed like you had a good time, too. How about a second date... say, tomorrow night?"

All of a sudden, my feelings were out of control. This was the person April went out with dressed so beautifully? They went on a date! This woman went out with my April! Did they kiss? Did April like this Gwen more than me? I felt like my world was spinning... I felt like I had to do something.

"I did have a good time, Gwen... things have just been really crazy this past week. You're really sweet and you really do have great taste in... "

"I think my diaper is leaking," I complained loudly, interrupting the conversation.

"Oh! Is that your Little?" I heard Gwen ask, the romance gone from her voice, "Hi there sweetie, oh you sound cute."

"We're almost home, Kimmy," April assured me, "I'm sorry Gwen, I have to take care of Kimmy's diaper the second we get to the house. Tomorrow sounds lovely, 8 PM, you pick the place."

She was abandoning me! There was no way she was going to let me go with her that late in the evening, it wasn't fair!

"Sounds good, see you soon, beautiful."

The phone hung up, and we sat in an awkward silence for a moment... it didn't last long, as we pulled into the driveway shortly thereafter and I found myself being picked up and carried inside.

Why did the idea of this Gwen lady bother me so much? If April liked her, she was probably pretty nice. April seemed to have a really good sense for people.

"Is Gwen pretty?" I heard myself ask.

"Oh Kimmy," April hugged me tightly and sat down on the couch. I was painfully aware of the huge diaper around my waist as she looked into my eyes, "I love you, sweetie. Gwen isn't going to take me away from you. She's nice and we like spending time together. I hear that you're feeling abandoned," I felt tears well up in my eyes at those words, "but know that my love for you is as deep and endless as the night sky, and that nothing will ever change that."

I fell forward into her arms and hugged her tightly. I think I loved April more than I had ever loved anyone in my life. And I don't think I liked the idea of sharing her with anyone.

"Come on, cutie. Let's get you in a fresh diaper, then let's get the gifts prepared and go have a nice dinner."

"Yes please!"

--

I was still happy over the fresh diaper even as I was being settled into the highchair at the restaurant. This place had full on highchairs with trays and everything, not just a tall wooden seat with a buckle, and almost every table had a groove set in the side for the highchair tray to slide into, so the Little was closer to the table. I couldn't decide if it was to be friendlier to the Littles, or because so many Amazons in this area had a Little. Lisa was similarly settling Melanie into the highchair across the table from me. Seeing Melanie's outfit made me really glad April had much tamer taste in clothing for me. Once again, Melanie's outfit made it abundantly clear that she was in a very thick diaper. She was wearing a baby pink bibbed romper with a big white bunny on the front, in the spot where most shortalls had a pocket. Melanie's diaper was as thick or thicker than the nighttime ones I wore, and it looked like she was probably wet already. She had a huge bow on her head that made her look even smaller, and she had a pink paci.. not the blue one that she had the last time I saw her. She looked incredibly embarrassed... but I knew that's because she was afraid of people knowing she enjoyed it, not because she didn't want to wear the outfit. It was funny how we could have similar reactions for entirely opposite reasons. I smiled down at my blue dress.. Melanie might be bigger and thus "older" than me, but she definitely looked more babyish.

I waved vigorously at Melanie. I was determined to have a good time out, and generally the best way to do that was to embrace my Little position. Melanie smiled shyly and offered a small wave in return. April and Lisa hugged each other and sat down at the table.

"This is nice," Lisa said, setting an empty bottle at Melanie's spot. She unscrewed the top and set the nipple down next to the bottle. April did the same for me.

"Yes, it's nice that we have such well behaved Littles that we can enjoy a nice meal out like this," April smiled. She stroked my cheek and opened the Littles' Menu in front of me and handed me a crayon. The picture inside the menu was an intricate plate of sushi, it actually looked challening to color. This would be fun. I started in on coloring, ignoring the world around me.

"Oh my, what adorable Littles you have! Oh... those grey eyes... Whoops we found a shy one!" I was broken from my reverie too soon by the cooing waitress. I also felt strangely jealous that she was fawning over Melanie and not me, but Melanie certainly looked more like a traditional Little than I did. It was stupid of me to want it both ways. Melanie was hiding her face in her hands, which only made the Amazons chuckle at her display. "Well ladies, what can I get you to drink tonight?"

"Coffee for me, natural apple juice for my Little," April was first to answer. She placed her one hand over both of mine as she said 'my Little'.

"Grapefruit soda for me and spring water for mine," Lisa followed.

"I'll get those right away, would you like any appetizers to start? Fries and ketchup for the Littles?"

I was honestly offended at the insinuation - I loved sushi! I started to open my mouth to reply, but quickly found a pacifier was stuffed in it. Damn, April knew me well.

"Edamame and an order of gyoza please," April smiled, not skipping a beat, "The Littles will actually be enjoying some of your wonderful sushi as well, we'll be feeding them from our plates."

I watched the waitress closely for her reaction - she was completely unfazed!

"Of course, here's the sushi menu, select what you'd like and I'll return with your drinks."

"Oh, before we get too far into the meal, you have to open your presents!" April said after the waitress had left, revealing the Littlewarming gift bags we brought with us. "Happy Littlewarming."

"Oh April, you're such a sweetie. Mellie, let's see what Auntie April got you... oh my, look at this pony blanket, I bet you'll love to cuddle with this!" She handed the sleepsack to Melanie who hugged it tightly.

"It's a sleeping bag," I said, pulling the pacifier out of my mouth, "If you put Mellie in that, she won't be able to move at all!"

Melanie's eyes went wide and she froze.. I felt guilty for a moment, until Lisa started to laugh.

"Well that got her attention. I know where she's sleeping tonight. Let's see... oh my, Mellie look at these," Lisa said as she pulled out the pack of ruffle diapers, "I don't think you'll be able to walk in these, even if they aren't crawler diapers. Your ruffled butt will just have to stick up in the air."

Melanie turned BRIGHT red and she hid her face in the pink pony sleepsack.

"You two are absolutely spoiling Melanie. We should save these diapers as a treat, I think. Oh, and what's this? Oh look, I bet Kimmy got you this, look at this purple kitten doll." Lisa slowly extracted Melanie from her hiding place and handed her the toy.

"Her name is Duchess Fuzzbutt!" I proclaimed, and found my pacifier in my mouth once again.

"Shhh," April shushed me, "We are in a restaurant and you are being entirely too loud. Happy Littlewarming, Lisa. I hope you and Melanie enjoy the gifts."

"Oh, I'm sure we will. Thank you so much, you're so thoughtful, April."

The waitress came back with glasses for the Amazons and small glasses for us Littles, which she poured into the bottles. I was hoping for a sippy cup, but it certainly wasn't worth kicking up a fuss over.

"I'll take this," the waitress said, "and put it in, and I'll be right back with your appetizers."

I was disappointed to find out that none of the appetizers would be shared with us. The edamame was deemed a "choking hazard" and the gyoza was too hot. I couldn't help but wonder if they just didn't want to share, the dumplings looked amazing... I consoled myself by returning to my drawing. This was going to be the prettiest menu ever colored here. When the rolls finally came, they looked and smelled amazing! There was just one small problem that I saw. Each piece of the roll was the size of a hamburger. I was going to have to take so many bites to eat just one piece, I wouldn't be able to get the mixture of flavors the way it was intended to be enjoyed! April gave me one lonely piece from one of her rolls. I removed my pacifier and called out in a purposefully loud "whisper" across the table.

"Melanie! Melanie!" I called, "I didn't think about the fact that the sushi would be Amazon-sized!"

"You should see if you can eat it in one bite like you're supposed to!" Melanie called back, laughing.

I picked the giant piece of sushi up with both hands and mimed that I was going to stuff the whole thing in my mouth at once, but my fun was interrupted.

"Can you believe those two? Letting their Littles eat sushi? This island is so backwards," we all overheard a loud comment from a nearby table, "Back home, those two would be wearing auto-feeders and they wouldn't be making a sound. Littles should be seen and not heard."

I felt a wave of shame wash over me and I looked downward. I was embarrassing April with my antics, I felt awful. I saw Lisa get up, she must have been too embarrassed and had to leave...

"Listen here," I heard Lisa's voice from off to my right side, "First off, nobody is making you stay on Albion. Second, my little girl is a PERSON, not a toy, not a pet. She has thoughts and feelings and even though she'll always be Little, those thoughts and feelings mean just as much as mine, and probably more than yours. I'm not sorry my baby and her friend are having fun and disturbing your meal because you can't stand to see a Little do anything but cry. Maybe if you talked to one for ten minutes instead of shutting them up, you'd see that they are people just like you or I, just with different needs."

"You rotten-" the woman's reply was cut short by the sound of applause from several tables. Few brave Littles had joined in the clapping, but it was very clear that the majority of the restaurant was not with the mean woman. "This island is ridiculous," the woman stood, hissing, "Littles aren't people, they're perpetual babies. They couldn't survive alone, they don't have ambitions beyond their next bottle!" The woman snagged her purse, "We're leaving, Harriet. Come on."

I was reeling from the sheer emotion of the exchange, from both Lisa and this awful woman. As they stormed out, Lisa came back to sit down at our table. I wasn't sure how to feel, my emotions were a whirl. I was flattered that Lisa defended us, I was shocked at the confrontation, I was scared on her behalf, I was terribly embarrassed at causing the whole thing. I couldn't hold on to any one feeling, and before I knew it... I was crying. April pulled me out of the highchair and cuddled me close to her chest, making a gentle "shhh" sound. After I lost it, Melanie wasn't far behind and at that we started packing up.

Lisa asked for the check since Melanie wasn't sobbing nearly as loudly as I was. April picked me up and carried me out. As we headed for the car, I overheard.

"No ma'am, there's no mistake. Another guest has already covered your meal."

--

"Wow Lisa," I could hear April talking from outside the car, the sunroof was still open, "You sure have some strong opinions on people looking down on Littles." Her voice was teasing.

"Oh shut up, I didn't know any better until I had one of my own," Lisa's voice had laughter in it, "I don't see how anyone who actually likes their Little could see them as just a thing. Melanie is so sweet and so shy, she thinks about everyone before herself. Of course she's more than a toy."

"You have no idea how happy you make me, bestie," April laughed, "Speaking of which... Gwen asked for a second date tomorrow. Last time was a movie and dinner, she has great taste in restaurants by the way, I'm not entirely sure what's on the agenda this time. Would you be willing to do me a huge favor?"

"I can't come over and babysit Kimmy this time, April..."

"Not quite what I had in mind. Can Kimmy come have a sleepover with Melanie at your place?"

"Oh that sounds adorable. Of course!"

"You're a peach, Lisa - I don't care what anybody says about you. Sorry tonight didn't go as smoothly as planned, let's pick a more Little-themed place next time?"

"Sounds good. I need to get Mellie home, my boobs hurt. See you tomorrow!"

• Like 7