LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Making the Best of It: A Tale of Love and Acceptance in Two Acts

Guest KWOceans

Grrr, the tease...Darn me and my book addict ways. I constantly need more. This is beautiful. I really like your writing style. And Harry Otter really makes me laugh, that was great. I didn't comment on it last time, mostly because I was on my phone and I hate typing on my phone, but I think that the concept of size being linked to age directly in your corner of the dimension is creative and fun to work with. I really, REALLY like April. Maybe it's just that I play the Amazon more often in RP that I tend to connect with them more, but she's just a beautiful character and one of the greats that really adds a fresh layer to the dimension by actually genuinely caring about the well being of her Little.

Still happily awaiting more of this, I genuinely hope that it takes off like it deserves. ^-^

Another thing I really like is: how seamlessly you world build while organically integrating the relationship between your titular characters.

Sorry if that seemed wordy, but I thought it aprapo nonetheless. Quick Translation: I still really really like this story

1 hour ago, Fontaine said:

Another thing I really like is: how seamlessly you world build while organically integrating the relationship between your titular characters.

Sorry if that seemed wordy, but I thought it aprapo nonetheless. Quick Translation: I still really really like this story

I agree this is an awesome and sweet story. The chapters flow together really well. The transition from thought to thought work well and make it so the reader can stay focused. So is Miss Michelle exclusively watching her today or something given the phone conversation. I really think it is great how you are introducing the "littles" food as slightly different...something I haven't read yet. I am still curious if she gets to meet the guy from Aprils date and how that goes? I look forward to more chapters and as KWOceans said...I want more and more and more!

1 hour ago, SGTbaby said:

I agree this is an awesome and sweet story. The chapters flow together really well. The transition from thought to thought work well and make it so the reader can stay focused. So is Miss Michelle exclusively watching her today or something given the phone conversation. I really think it is great how you are introducing the "littles" food as slightly different...something I haven't read yet. I am still curious if she gets to meet the guy from Aprils date and how that goes? I look forward to more chapters and as KWOceans said...I want more and more and more!

• Like 1
Guest KWOceans

Uh oh....that doesn't necessarily seem so good. I'm starting to wonder, and this may just be me, but if there might be something else at play. Another layer to this daycare and it's workers that we haven't seen yet. Maybe that's just my writer side looking for the tension and antagonist, but I'm genuinely curious now about a lot of things, such as April's reaction, how she's going to handle Kimmy's antisocial behavior, and what specifically it is that has Michelle so concerned, since it doesn't strike me that the inability to get along with other littles is the only concern the woman has. Also a little concerned on what may come of future visits seeing as Kimmy seems to have unwittingly made an enemy of Sadie, who's name sounds far too close to sadist for me to be fully comfortable with the evil look she gave Kim this chapter.

I agree with KWOceans, I want more as well. You commented earlier that Lisa was going away for a few days and I wonder if she returns with her own Little. I do like how Kimmy is kind of in between as far as Little emotions but Amazon thinking.

11 minutes ago, SGTbaby said:

I agree with KWOceans, I want more as well. You commented earlier that Lisa was going away for a few days and I wonder if she returns with her own Little. I do like how Kimmy is kind of in between as far as Little emotions but Amazon thinking.

Just want to pipe up here and say that this is a fantastic read. I love how it gives a greater depth of meaning to the relationship that sprouts between Amazon and Little. You have crafted a wonderful world here, and beautiful characters to inhabit it. Thank-you for this wonderful story, I am eagerly awaiting your next installment.

Part 11

After a bath, a change, and a quick breakfast I found myself in the playpen with a... I guess you would call it a cup? A cup of the LittleMunch while April got dressed and ready. I had Harry Otter and my pacifier was clipped to my new outfit - I was in a bibbed jumper, like the shortalls but with a skirt instead of short pants. I had a pale blue shirt that read, "Mommy's Girl" in swirly letters on it. I did feel like April's girl today, and it felt good.

The cup-thing was strange. It had this lid that I could stick my hand through to get to the LittleMunch, but I could only pull out one piece at a time. If I tried to get a handful, my hand would get stuck and I couldn't pull it out of the cup until I let go. I pulled a piece out and looked at it - it looked like an oblong rice puff, like a smaller cheeto but without the cheese dust. It looked bland. I shrugged and stuffed it into my mouth.

And suddenly I understood why the cup would only let me get one at a time. It was AMAZING, right up there with the chocolate. The flavor was complicated.. it was sweet and salty with an undertone of savory.. it was like the thing was made of pure flavor. This was my new favorite thing. I was happily crunching when April came back into the room, on her phone.

"Yes, I realize it's short notice and yes, I realize it will be extra. My Little had a very rough night and she can't take a rough day at your facility right now, she's still new and she's feeling very fragile today," she paused for a moment listening to the person on the phone, "Yes, ten months. Kimberly Morris. Yes, Michelle please. Absolutely. Thank you so much."

She hung up the phone and walked over to the playpen where I was hugging Harry Otter and crunching happily. April had decided to go with a cute maroon top with very short sleeves and an ankle-length black skirt with a small sequin pattern on one side. She was also wearing a pretty bangle on her left wrist and some dangly earings that looked like leaves. The top of her hair was pulled back in a ponytail but the rest of it hung loose. She wore her everyday almost-nude makeup. She was... beautiful.

"Well, someone seems to be enjoying themselves," she smiled down at me, "Who's your friend?"

"Harry Otter!" I said cheerfully.

"Harry... Otter," she burst into laughter, "is he magic?"

"Oh yes, he can cast magic spells," I said as I stuffed another LittleMunch puff into my mouth and crunched it.

"Did you know that otters are my favorite animal, sweetie? Is that why you picked that one?"

"No," I smiled, crunching, "I didn't know that, but that makes me happy. I didn't pick Harry, he picked me. But knowing that he's your favorite animal makes it even more special."

"How's the LittleMunch?" April asked, flipping one of my pigtails, "You seem to be enjoying it."

"It is SO GOOD, SO SO SO GOOD," I said excitedly, offering her one, "They taste amazing, I love them."

She took the puff from my extended fingers and popped it in her mouth, crunching it. Her face scrunched up immediately and she ran to the kitchen. She came back a moment later with a cup of water.

"Oh Kimmy, that is cloyingly sweet.. and salty at the same time? You actually like that?"

"It's not quite as sweet as the sugar cereal from my dimension... but they balanced that out with other flavors, it's really amazingly well done. It might be THE perfect snack." April blanched as I crunched another puff. Amazons must have different tastebuds.

"I can share my favorite snack if you'd like, since you shared yours."

"Okay!" I put my cup down and held out my arms to be picked up, but didn't bother standing up. April reached down and lifted me effortlessly and carried me into the kitchen, where she got down a bag of chips from a cabinet, which read 'coffee and pepper flavored'. I eyed it suspiciously, "That sounds... not good."

She offered me a chip from the bag. I took it cautiously and put it in my mouth. It was AWFUL, it was super bitter and spicy at the same time. The taste clung to my tongue and wouldn't go away.

"EW EW EW EW!" I shouted, wiggling in her arms, "Drink please! Please!"

April held her cup of water to my mouth and I took a big gulp... and started choking. She put the glass down quickly and put my face over her shoulder and patted my back.

"Oh Kimmy, I'm so sorry - I feel so dumb, I shouldn't have given you the chip and I shouldn't have let you drink from my glass!" She rocked me and rubbed my back while I sputtered, "My poor Little, please forgive me."

"I'm... " I coughed, "I'm okay... I just can't get that taste out of my mouth. Can I have my LittleMunch back?"

April carried me back to the playpen and set me down in it. I stuffed another puff into my mouth as quickly as I could.

"Oh man, that's better," I looked up and April was walking back toward me with a bottle of juice, which I took thankfully and started sucking on.

"So," she said, watching me suck away at the bottle, "we have learned that our tastes in snacks are incompatible... let's not try that again, okay?"

I nodded and finally stopped chugging the bottle.

"I don't understand, we both like chicken the same way, and your bacon is AMAZING, so our tastes aren't completely opposite or anything," I looked up at her.. the angle was weird, the padded rim atop the mesh net of the playpen came up to about her navel, and she towered above me. I had forgotten for just a moment how much bigger she was since we were having a normal conversation.

"Well if I ever make something that doesn't mesh with your Little tastebuds, I want you to tell me, I had no idea that we could be so different in that regard."

I nodded and then found myself extremely disappointed as my cup of LittleMunch was empty.

"Can I have more LittleMunch please?" I held the cup up to her.

"No sweetie, we need to go. I have to be in the studio soon."

"Oh.. can I have some to take in the car?"

"No Kimmy, you aren't allowed to eat in the car. If you choked, it would be really hard to get to you quickly," she said as she scooped me up out of the playpen, "Besides, you already had a full serving of your snack and you don't need any more." She popped my pacifier in my mouth before I could beg some more, and carried me to the car and buckled me safely in my carseat.

"Do I have to go to LittleGarden again today? I don't want to see Miss Rachael again," I said grumpily, waiting until April was out of arm's reach to pull the pacifier out of my mouth. I had to wait for a reply as she had to load up her guitar again.

"Yes, you have to go to LittleGarden, but I think you'll have a better time today," she said as she started the car.

"Is my name Kimberly Morris now?"

"Yes, I'm April Morris and you're my Little, so you're Kimberly Morris," April said matter-of-factly. It felt strange to learn that I had lost my name.. but it felt good at the same time that April had given me hers. It made me feel like... like I belonged to her, which I think would have bothered me a lot yesterday, but I felt okay with it today. It was amazing what a difference a night and a lot of tears could make. Well, that and a lot of love.

Part 12

Miss Rachael was working the check-in desk when we walked in.

"Welcome to LittleGarden," she said. I buried my face in April's shoulder, hiding from my enemy, "Oh, welcome back Kimmy," she said cheerfully. But I was sure a viper would sound cheerful if it could talk, too.

"Good morning," April said, "I called ahead, is everything in order?"

"Absolutely, Ms. Morris," Miss Rachael said, "I would like to apologize for triggering your Little's robophobia, I am so sorry. There is no excuse for what happened yesterday and you have my deepest apologies."

"It's okay, Miss Rachael, it was a misunderstanding. Let's note in Kimmy's file that she has severe robophobia though, can we? I didn't know how bad it was either, this was a learning experience for me as well. Kimmy understands and forgives you, isn't that right Kimmy?"

I squeezed April hard, I was very upset. Of course I didn't forgive her! She tortured me on purpose! And she punished me more after she promised she wouldn't, she forced me into a crawler diaper and took my dress! I didn't want to give her a second chance. April physically turned me around in her arms and made me face Miss Rachael. Her features seemed softer today, less drawn. April put a finger under my chin and forced me to look up at her, and took the pacifier out of my mouth.

"I forgive you, Miss Rachael. Can we be friends?" I tried hard to keep the sullen tone out of my voice, I wanted to make April happy.

Miss Rachael looked dumbfounded, and I was confused.

"Are.. are you sure she's ten months, Ms. Morris? That was... not quite what I expected from a new ten month Little," Miss Rachael was looking up at April behind me. April just cleared her throat and Miss Rachael blushed and looked down at me, "Thank you for your forgiveness, Kimmy. I would like to be your friend, too. Let's have a good day today."

"Her body is definitely ten months and has all the risks that go along with that," April answered now that Miss Rachael had addressed me. April lowered me to the ground. I looked down and suddenly it felt a little unfair as I realized I only got to take about twenty steps in my shoes each time I got to wear them. "I'm not sure yet why that is, but it is - mentally, I'm not sure where she is, but she has surpised me many times. It's why I'm so particular about what she's exposed to. Kimmy," April said as she looked down at me from her towering height. I craned my neck to make eye contact with her, "be a good Little today, and try to have lots of fun."

I nodded as the gate clicked open. I walked inside, a huge pang of sadness at being separated from April hit me the second the gate closed with its "ka-chunk" behind me. I could see April walking away and suddenly I wanted very badly to cry.

I turned around and started to walk into the play area to look for my kitty friend when I saw Sadie heading right for me with a mean smile on her face. I could see that Sadie was a good six inches taller than me now that we were on even ground and I started to panic. My bladder let go and tears started welling up in my eyes and I turned to run... but I was scooped up from behind.

"Kimmy!" came Miss Michelle's cheerful voice, "You can't go into the play area yet, silly girl. You still have your shoes on!" She saw the tears in my eyes and hugged me close, "Oh sweetie, it's okay. Your mommy will be back before you know it. She arranged a special play day for us today, it's just you and me until she comes to get you, I have you all to myself. Isn't that great?"

She carried me over to the shoe cubby and sat me down. I noticed that the other two other Amazons from yesterday were there along with Miss Rachael, and there seemed to be fewer Littles today, so each Little was getting more attention from the Amazons. I felt Miss Michelle tear open the velcro straps of my shoes and pull them off my feet. She put them in a cubby and ushered me over to the sink. "Okay Kimmy, do you remember how you're supposed to wash your hands?" I nodded and started washing, but she helped me anyway. Then I was back on her hip, she stuck my nametag to my back, and we were headed into the play area.

"Is there a toy that's available that you would like, Kimmy?" she asked me. It felt weird - there were a dozen Littles running around, full grown adults in childrens' clothing. T-shirts with big animals on them, shortalls, onesies.. most of the Littles had pacifiers clipped to them, like I did. I didn't really get to see the daycare from this angle last time. And every last one of them was wearing a diaper, sounds of diapers crinkling while the adults wearing them played was very strange for me, I still hadn't spent much time around other Littles. I saw a little boy in shorts and a yellow shirt "flying" a toy plane until he tripped on a block and fell.

"Ow!" he yelled loudly, "Stupid fucking block!" He picked it up and threw it against the wall and was quickly scooped up by Miss Rachael. He had seemed to go from perfectly content to furiously angry instantly from his fall.

"Ah ah Roger," she said as she carried him to the time out area, popping his pacifier in his mouth and inflating it, "You know better than to talk like that. It's a time out for you."

"Kimmy?" Miss Michelle got my attention again, "I think I saw you with a kitty cat yesterday, should we go find him?" she asked, ignoring the outburst that just happened, most everyone else was too. I wondered how long these Littles had been in this dimension.

"Kitty please," I said, nodding to Miss Michelle. She carried me over to the stuffed animals and we found my kitty friend, whom I hugged tightly. I was still on the lookout for Sadie, I was betting she got in trouble yesterday and was looking for revenge. "Miss Michelle?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Yes Kimmy?"

"Why do you like Littles?" I asked her earnestly.

"Well," she smiled at the question, sitting down on the floor and holding me in her lap, "Littles have such big, pure emotions. When a Little feels something, it's like they feel it with their whole body, every little bit of them all at once. You have such big feelings for such small packages." She laughed and tickled me, causing me to giggle as well. "When a Little is happy, they beam - you can feel the happiness shine out of them. Can't you feel how happy it is in this room?" I shook my head, "Littles can't sense another's emotions like an Amazon can - we're better tuned for interacting with others. When a Little is sad or scared, it pours off of them. Littles have the very biggest feelings of all. And you silly Littles don't seem to be able to control your emotions at all, you need someone to regulate you and take care of you."

I nodded, listening intently, "Miss Michelle?" I asked cautiously, "Do some Amazons like it when Littles are sad or scared?"

Miss Michelle's cheerful demeanor changed instantaneously, "Kimmy, does your mommy hurt you or make you feel bad?"

"No!" I panicked, "No no no, April is the nicest Amazon I've ever known, she's amazing and she loves me so much... no."

"Are you sure?" she said quietly, "It's okay to tell me, I know how to handle these situations, you won't get in trouble."

"No Miss Michelle, April is perfect. I ask because sometimes I see Littles in the store and they're crying, I just wondered..."

"Most Amazons," she hugged me tightly, "want their Littles to be as happy as possible. There are some out there that are the way you are thinking, but there are laws to protect Littles here on this island. If someone is hurting you, then you need to tell someone. It's tough with Littles sometimes," she rocked me back and forth a bit, "sometimes Little feelings get so out of control, they need someone to help them come back, even if it means causing the Little some pain, like a spanking. Does your mommy know that you call her by her first name when she's not around?"

I blushed deeply, "No, Miss Michelle..." I answered quietly. I didn't understand this taboo yet, but for some reason I didn't think she'd believe me if I told the truth, that I called her April all the time. I could tell that April wanted me to call her "mommy"... but she was April.

"Your mommy is a nice lady, Kimmy. It's rude for you to call her by her first name. Don't you think your mommy is a nice lady?"

"Yes, Miss Michelle," I flushed, I could hear that I had the cadence of a schoolchild answering a teacher.

"Say it, Kimmy. Say, 'My mommy is a nice lady'."

"My mommy is a nice lady," I blushed so hard I could feel it burning the tips of my ears.. and just when I thought I couldn't blush any harder, Miss Michelle squeezed the front of my diaper.

"Hmm, a ten month like you should be wetter than this by now. I think it's time for a bottle. Your mommy says you get dehyrdrated easily, let's go get a drink."

Miss Michelle stood straight up with me still in her arms and carried me over to the eating area. I quickly found myself drinking an enormous bottle of juice. I had no idea why everyone thought I could ever be dehydrated, I felt like I was drinking constantly. And then Miss Michelle did something that April doesn't normally do.. as soon as the bottle was empty, I found myself looking over her shoulder while she rubbed my back... until I burped! I couldn't take any more embarrassment and I started to cry.

"Oh sweetie, does your tummy hurt?" Miss Michelle asked me, cradling me in her arms. A Little boy ran up to her and pulled on the leg of her uniform khakis.

"Miss Michelle, look at the drawing I made for you," he said, holding up a crayon drawing that I couldn't make out through my tears.

"That's lovely sweetie, but I've got to help little Kimmy right now, she's very sad."

"She cried all day yesterday too, she's a crybaby," he said snidely. Miss Michelle sighed and rocked me, making a shushing sound.

"I. Am. Not," I struggled in Miss Michelle's arms as I sobbed. I wanted to get away and show them that I wasn't a crybaby, I wasn't!

"Kimmy," Miss Michelle said with a warning tone as she worked to hold me tighter, "Kimmy sweetie, calm down. Everything's okay, you're okay."

"No!" I sobbed uncontrollably, "I'm not a crybaby, I'm not!"

"Oh dear," Miss Michelle rushed me over to the cribs as other Littles started getting upset. The other Amazons were scrambling a bit to keep the peace.. they turned on a big TV and sat all the Littles down in front of it while Miss Michelle dealt with me.

In my struggling, I didn't even realize what Miss Michelle was doing until I felt myself being rolled over and I realized I couldn't move.

"No! No swaddle!" I screamed for all I was worth but the instant I was in Miss Michelle's arms and she rocked me... I was out.

--

"Oh no, Kimmy. You leaked," I heard Miss Michelle saying as the blanket was peeled away from me.

"Wha?" I felt incredibly groggy and once again, I couldn't really move my arms and legs.

"Let's get you changed, come on."

When the effects of the swaddle finally wore off and the world became clearer, I was being buckled into the highchair.. but something wasn't right. My diaper was too thick, I couldn't squeeze my legs together. This was almost as thick as the nighttime diapers I usually wore to bed.

Miss Michelle set a plate with a peanut butter sandwich, again cut into squares, on my tray and a bottle of milk to go with it. I was torn between complaining about the new diaper and diving straight into the sandwich. In the end, the sandwich won. Miss Michelle sat down next to me and was eating a sandwich too... hers smelled funny, though.

"My goodness Kimmy, that was quite a tantrum."

"Sowwy," I said, my mouth full of the delicious sandwich... the wonderful meal was a bit ruined by my rotten mood, however. I ate quietly, watching the other Littles chatter at each other and stuff sandwiches in their mouths while the Amazons watched over them. I felt a bit ostracized between being stuck in the highchair, Miss Michelle spending all her time with me, and that Little boy calling me names.

"Kimmy, we haven't gotten to play all day, we need to fix that. All you've done is talk and sleep. Littles need to play!" Miss Michelle said as she cleaned up my tray and my face. She informed me that somehow I had managed to get peanut butter on my left ear while eating. "What kinds of toys are your favorite?"

"Dot-to-dots and brain toys," I said between sucks as I finished off the wonderful banana milk.

"I see," Miss Michelle said in a way that didn't seem entirely approving, "Well, you've got personal attention today, so we're going to go do something special. I think you need to get messy."

Before I could object, she had me out of the highchair and off to an area away from the other Littles. The floor was slick and shiny and there were large sheets of paper pinned to the walls at Little height. Miss Michelle pulled some white clothing on over my jumper and stood me in front of a sheet of paper.

"Miss Michelle," I complained, "this diaper is too thick. I'm not supposed to wear this kind during the day."

She ignored my complaints and I soon found my hand covered in paint.

"I want you to use your fingers and paint me a picture of what makes you happiest in the world."

That was easy, I started painting April, she was tall and had red-brown hair, which I had to use both hands to get the color right, and she wore a dress and she had pretty green eyes and she had a guitar. Miss Michelle kept me supplied in paint as I asked for different colors. I knew my color theory, so I was able to mix paints to get the different shades I wanted. Fingerpainting wasn't exactly a precise medium though, so it wasn't exactly photorealistic... not that I was a great artist anyway.

"Is that your mommy?"

I nodded, which elicited an "Awww" from Miss Michelle.

"Okay," Miss Michelle said, taking my first painting, "Now let's paint an animal. What's the best animal?"

Another easy one, I painted Harry Otter because he was my favorite stuffed toy and April's favorite animal. I painted him splashing in a river, because he was a river otter.

We painted a few more pictures and I was feeling pretty happy when we heard a voice call from the main area, "Miss Michelle, Ms. Morris is here to pick up Kimmy."

"We'll be right out," Miss Michelle called back and started cleaning me up.

Miss Michelle cleaned up my hands and removed the painting clothes. She carried me and my first painting, it was the only one that was dry already, out to the front where April was waiting for me. I was super happy to see her, but at the same time I didn't want her to find out that I got in trouble again. 

"Don't forget to tell her that you missed her and how pretty she is," Miss Michelle said as she put my shoes back on me and winked. She set me on my feet at the clear gate. As soon as it clicked open, I ran for April's legs.. but between the thicker diaper and the unfamiliar shoes, I only made it about three steps, lost my balance and fell on my padded butt.

Before I could even decide if I was okay, I was in April's arms.

"Careful, Kimmy - I don't want you to get hurt. Are you in a nighttime diaper?"

"Yes Ms. Morris, Kimmy leaked during naptime today. I'm afraid the LittleGarden policy is to move up one level of thickness any time a Little leaks during a nap. Kimmy will need to be wearing this level of protection when she arrives or she will be changed into a thicker diaper when she gets here."

"That's not fa-", April shoved the pacifier in my mouth and pumped the shield before I could even finish the word "fair".

"I'm almost afraid to ask," April sighed, "but was she a good girl today?"

"Kimmy is a very sweet little girl with Amazons, Ms. Morris.. but she seems to have some trouble getting along with other Littles. You may want to consider enrolling her in a class or activity. She seems to do very well with structured activities. LittleGarden tends to be more freeform, which she seems to have some trouble with. She is very creative, however," Miss Michelle continued, handing my painting over to April. She had written "What Makes Me The Happiest" in beautiful handwriting across the top of the page, "as you can see from her painting today."

"Did you paint this Kimmy? Is this me?" April asked, holding up the painting.

I nodded and squeezed her.

"Oh sweetie.. that makes me very happy. You are a very sweet girl. Thank you very much for your extra attention with little Kimmy today, Miss Michelle."

"Absolutely Ms. Morris, although," Miss Michelle leaned in a bit, "I don't think one-on-one care is what Kimmy needs most. Does Kimmy have any Little friends at all?" Miss Michelle paused, April just shook her head, "I thought that might be the case. Kimmy is very bright and very curious, she asks some interesting questions... but she has a lot of trouble relating to other Littles. I suggest making a playdate with one of your friends' Littles. Just between you and me, I think little Kimmy might understand Amazons better than Littles.. but she definitely has the emotions of a Little. She needs to spend some quality time with another Little, not in a daycare setting."

"I think you might be right," April said worriedly, "Thank you so much Miss Michelle. What exactly happened today?"

"A Little boy called Kimmy a name, and Kimmy's emotions overflowed. All that is fine and normal, she is a Little after all... but, well... you should see for yourself. I'll send you the recording to your registered contact address, if you'd like. The other Littles will be censored of course, but you'll be able to see Kimmy's reaction."

"Thank you, Miss Michelle. I would appreciate that."

As April carried me out of the LittleGarden, I looked back at Miss Michelle, feeling betrayed... why did we keep playing if she was going to get me in trouble? Miss Michelle looked at me sadly, she wasn't smiling. As the door to the LittleGarden closed behind us, the question kept repeating in my mind, What did I do wrong?

• Like 3

Wonderful history.
It reminds me of Stockholm syndrome.
-----------------------
I, put this story, in the future (perhaps 30 years after "Alice's adventures"): for some details: inter-dimensional travel; New laws; And products for Littles.
Kimmy; I used to be a smoker. I remember that smokers often overeat when they do not smoke.
The inter-dimensional journey shrunk Kimmy. But also, heals his lungs. I like to think that.
---------------------------
Regarding tastes and like:
Infants like sweet and salty flavors in excess. When I was a kid I liked things that were too salty and sweet. I currently can not stand things that are too sweet or salty.

The tongue can only taste 4 flavors: sweet, salty, sour and bitter. So what is the spicy? Spicy foods contain an acid that hurts the tongue. This pain is the spicy taste. Adults have a great tolerance to spicy. But infants have a greater sensitivity. For this reason they can not stand the spicy.
Maybe Kimmy has the sensitivity of a true baby. As a result of the inter-dimensional transformation or reduction of size.

8 hours ago, JonhSmith13 said:

Wonderful history.
It reminds me of Stockholm syndrome.
-----------------------
I, put this story, in the future (perhaps 30 years after "Alice's adventures"): for some details: inter-dimensional travel; New laws; And products for Littles.
Kimmy; I used to be a smoker. I remember that smokers often overeat when they do not smoke.
The inter-dimensional journey shrunk Kimmy. But also, heals his lungs. I like to think that.
---------------------------
Regarding tastes and like:
Infants like sweet and salty flavors in excess. When I was a kid I liked things that were too salty and sweet. I currently can not stand things that are too sweet or salty.

The tongue can only taste 4 flavors: sweet, salty, sour and bitter. So what is the spicy? Spicy foods contain an acid that hurts the tongue. This pain is the spicy taste. Adults have a great tolerance to spicy. But infants have a greater sensitivity. For this reason they can not stand the spicy.
Maybe Kimmy has the sensitivity of a true baby. As a result of the inter-dimensional transformation or reduction of size.

Writing this has made me think maybe Kimmy has some Stockholm syndrome going on more than once... but I choose to ignore it because I want her to be in love with April :P

You're forgetting "umami" - we have 5 receptors :)

So, in my mind I'm actually figuring that Amazons have a sixth receptor that Littles don't have at all that has some effect on how the other flavors are perceived.

Part 13

April didn't say a word on the way to the car, or as she buckled me into the carseat. There was no music on the drive home. I sucked loudly on the pacifier and watched her eyes closely in the mirror, but they didn't smile. She didn't even say a word as she unbuckled me and carried me inside, she just sat down on the couch and pulled me into her lap and held me tight. I wasn't sure what was going on.. I felt a little scared. Did I mess up? I didn't really do anything wrong.. that boy called me a crybaby and I got upset. I know I wasn't supposed to yell, but I didn't curse. I didn't throw anything or hit anyone, why was April reacting this way?

April pulled her phone out and tapped a few buttons, and suddenly I was on the TV, being held by Miss Michelle. The Little boy came up and pulled on Miss Michelle's leg... but he was blurred out and you couldn't hear him. Miss Michelle was visible and audible, and so was I, but the Little boy wasn't.

"I. Am. Not," I saw myself say. I watched as Miss Michelle gently rocked me and tried to calm me down... in her arms, I did look like a baby. I looked so small being cradled by her, and my diaper flashed the camera from under my romper as she rocked me, "I'm not a crybaby, I'm not!"

"Oh dear," I saw Miss Michelle get up and carry me over to the cribs, the crowd of blurred out Littles were impossible to make out, but you could tell they were agitated. The other Amazon caretakers looked to be in a mild panic as they tried to keep everyone calm until the TV was on.

"No! No swaddle!" my scream came from the TV, visceral.. so intense it made me flinch. The me on the TV thrashed wildly... and it looked like the TV-me tried to bite Miss Michelle... and then I watched the Little me fall unconscious in Miss Michelle's grasp. The other Amazons gave a sigh of relief at the abrupt end to the temper tantrum and Miss Michelle gently put the pacifier in the sleeping-me's mouth.

The video froze there, and suddenly I realized that I felt tears burning behind my eyes. I had no idea what was going to happen next.. April pulled me tighter and squeezed me. Her heart was beating so fast. I was confused.

"Oh Kimmy..." I heard her say, it sounded like she was crying, "oh Kimmy, we are so lucky that Miss Michelle likes you."

I tried to look up at her, but she was holding me too tightly.

"Where did I go wrong?" her pained question came from above and my whole body was flooded with guilt, "Have I given you too much freedom? Treated you too much like an Amazon child? Too much like an Amazon? Oh Kimmy, I love you so much, I don't know what to do."

She backed the video up to the frame that showed me twisting, my teeth bared at Miss Michelle's hand.

"Miss Michelle saw this," she said, "She knew. We are so, so lucky. You can't go back to LittleGarden until we have this under control, Kimmy. If you had bitten her... if you assaulted an Amazon caretaker.. they," she sobbed, "they would have forcibly regressed you, permanently." She squeezed me so tightly it hurt, "Lisa's hypnotic trigger may have saved you after all, Kimmy. Am I a bad mommy? Should I have been more strict? I thought that if I showed you my love, made you understand... you'd realize your place and everything would be all right. I almost lost you today."

My tears were flowing freely now, I didn't even understand why I had gotten so upset at being called "crybaby", it all seemed so stupid now that I saw it on the screen.

April turned me so I was facing her, "You were a bad girl today, Kimmy," she said, and my heart broke into a million little pieces. I started bawling uncontrollably. "I am very disappointed in you." If she hadn't been holding me up, I would have collapsed in a heap at that. I don't think April had ever expressed disapproval at me in any way. What if she didn't love me any more? Tears were streaming down April's face... was she going to give me away? I loved her.. in that moment of fear, that moment that I thought I might lose her, I realized just how much I loved her. I didn't want her to go away!

"Oh my little Kimmy, how can I make you understand?" she hugged me tightly, and then looked me in the eyes again. She grabbed a tissue, supporting me with one arm as I leaned back in her lap. She wiped my eyes and nose, and then her own eyes. She looked deeply into my eyes, and I into hers - I hung on her every breath, "I love you, Kimmy. I love you so much, I knew from the very first moment that I held you in my arms that I would love you forever. I'm too emotionally compromised right now to explain to you the severity of what went wrong today. I am too scared and too upset, any decision I make right now is suspect."

She smiled suddenly, "The irony just hit me. Littles just don't have the ability to recognize their own disregulated emotions, that's the entire problem," she kissed me on the head. "We need to get some food in both of us, I missed lunch due to recording today."

April stood up and carried me to the kitchen, I was still weeping but I had calmed down a bit when she said "I love you", I wasn't scared she was going to get rid of me any more, but I still didn't know what was going to happen. April sat me down in the highchair and snapped the tray in place.

"I'm going to make us some food. I think you're too upset to eat carefully, so your dinner is going to be formula tonight," she stroked my cheek, "you are not being punished with formula, I just don't want you to choke. I'm going to take your paci out, but you are not to talk, okay? Show me that you're a good Little, don't say a single word, okay?"

I nodded and she removed the pacifier. My need to tell her how much I loved her was incredibly strong, I wanted to say how sorry I was, that I didn't mean it, that I'd do better... it was so hard to keep quiet.

April made herself a quick dinner, some kind of fish and vegetables, and I got a bottle of formula which I drank without complaint. We ate in silence, but it wasn't a tense silence.. April didn't seem upset anymore, she was calm and collected. I was miserable, but I stayed quiet.

After dinner, April carried me into the nursery where I learned that my diaper was soaked. I had been so upset, I never even noticed going.. or that it was wet at all. She put me in another thick nighttime diaper and the sleeper outfit with the mittens, the one that zipped from behind. She put me down in the crib where I sat, dumbfounded. I had assumed I would get to sleep in her bed again, I liked her warmth, her heartbeat, her smell. She walked out without saying goodnight... I collapsed and started bawling again.

She came back in with Harry Otter, put him in my arms and stroked my hair.

"Oh my precious Little, I'm sorry I didn't recognize my emotions more quickly. Your mommmy isn't perfect, I get big feelings sometimes too. You poor thing, you had a rough day despite my best efforts. Goodnight my Kimmy, get some rest. Tomorrow is a new day. I love you."

She walked out quietly and I croaked, "I love you too," my voice hoarse from crying.

I was asleep within minutes.

--

I awoke the next morning still clutching Harry Otter tightly. I was still in the crib, it wasn't all a bad dream. I couldn't do much at all with the mittens, so I sat up and hugged Harry Otter.

"Oh Harry, I messed up," I told him, "Why do I keep losing control? I've been called much worse in my life than 'crybaby'." I sighed and poked my diaper. It was dry, that was good at least.. in a way. I still had nighttime control even if I went to bed upset. I was a little troubled by my lack of control yesterday evening, but I honestly couldn't remember feeling that upset at any previous point in my life. So I gave myself a pass. I relaxed and flooded the diaper anyway, it wasn't like I had another choice.

"Harry, we need to show everyone that we can be friends with Littles. Why wouldn't I be able to? They're just like me. They were adults, now they're trapped in a world where they're treated like a baby.. I have something big in common with every single one of them, how hard could it be?" I propped Harry up and said to him, "Hello there miss, I like your dress. It hides your diaper well."

Harry didn't reply and I sighed, "Hello mister, how long have these giants forced you to wear diapers? Have you lost count of the days yet? What's your favorite baby toy?"

My attempt to encourage myself was backfiring. The one thing we all had in common was helplessness, how do you bond over that in a way that doesn't make you resentful?

"Good morning, beautiful girl," April was smiling as she walked in, "I thought I heard you chattering in here. Is Harry keeping you company?"

I was conflicted. On the one hand, I was really happy that she was in a good mood and part of me wanted to play along and pretend that nothing was wrong, on the other hand... something was wrong. We still had a lot to talk about from the previous night, and pretending like everything was okay seemed like a bad idea.

"April, I..", I started, wanting to address the problem head-on in a mature way.. but I didn't get any farther, the pacifier was quickly in my mouth and inflated.

"I see someone is still fussy, that's okay. We had a lot of big feelings yesterday, didn't we?"

She picked me up and carried me over to the changing table to get me ready for the day. The sleeper was removed and she squeezed my diaper... and did something very un-April-like.

"You're barely wet," she said, "we'll change you after a while."

I always got a morning change - even if the diaper was dry, I got a morning change into a daytime diaper. This was a bad sign. Was I losing some closeness with April? I didn't even get a dress today, or shortalls.. April just pulled on a t-shirt that read, "Full of Love" and carried me to the living room. April sat on the couch and sat me on her lap.

"Kimmy," she said, "You are a Little. Your whole job in this life is to have fun, play, and be happy. That's it. You know you weren't happy in your old world, you were sad, you were tired, you were sick. You have..."

She was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell. I hoped it was Lisa... I hadn't seen Lisa in a while and I missed her. She made April happy, and she was around when I started growing closer to April. I had to remember how I was getting close to her before so I could get there again, I wanted her to understand that I loved her back.. for real, with a real, deep emotion. This is what I was thinking to myself from the confines of the playpen where April had deposited me while she answered the door.

"Hello," she said cheerfully, "Oh I wasn't expecting any.. yes, thank you. Right here? Okay, thank you! Have a nice day."

She closed the door and carried in a medium sized box.. and by medium size, I mean I would fit in it easily. The Littles Shopping Network logo was on the side. I started to panic.

"What did mom send now?" April asked as she set the box down and started opening it. "Oh right, I told her it was okay to buy this. It's actually really good timing."

I clung to the side of the playpen and strained to see what was in the box, but I couldn't. April carried it toward the kitchen and I was left alone. I suddenly felt mad at myself. April had been starting to trust me more, I had been getting more freedom. She had been letting me wander the house instead of keeping me trapped in the swing or the playpen, but here I was again. I brooded while April was away, I didn't feel like playing with any of the toys in the playpen. She was gone for quite a while, from the kitchen I heard the sounds of small tools being used.. she must be assembling something. Something from the Littles Shopping Network, something her mother bought. All of this together pretty much guaranteed I wouldn't like it.

"Okay, Kimmy - let's try out your new present," April said happily as she carried me toward the kitchen. In the doorway between the kitchen and the living room was... a bouncer, hung from the doorframe. Yet another method of confinement. I didn't complain as she settled me down in the jumper and adjusted the tension. The fabric held the thick nighttime diaper to me closely, my legs dangled in the legholes, splayed completely apart with my toes barely touching the ground. "Okay sweetie, jump for me."

I bounced helplessly in the bouncer... Actually, I got some decent height on the jumps, it was kind of like jumping on a trampoline.. except that it held you up by the crotch and made you constantly aware that you wore diapers. Otherwise it was exactly like a trampoline. This was basically the direct opposite of the freedom I was trying to earn back.

"There, now you can get a little more exercise while I work around the house, and I can talk to you while I prepare things in the kitchen without you being trapped in the highchair. I prefer to keep that just for mealtimes. Isn't grandma thoughtful?"

I tried desperately to push the pacifier out of my mouth so I could play along, make things right again.. but it was in firmly. Instead I just held up my arms and opened and closed my hands, which had worked before. April smiled and picked me up.

"Oh, someone is still feeling a little needy, huh? Okay, let's stay close." April cradled me in her arms and rocked me, "I am your mommy, it is my job to take care of you. To make sure you are clothed, fed, and cared for. My goal is to make you happy. Your job is to be happy. That's a pretty easy job, isn't it?" she tickled my tummy and I giggled around the paci. When she stopped, I nodded. "Can you do that, Kimmy? Can you just worry about being happy and stop worrying about all that other stuff?"

When she put it that way, it did sound like a pretty easy job. Just be happy, right? April made me happy, it should be easy to be happy for her. I nodded and snuggled in her arms.

"Good, I was hoping we'd be able to come to an agreement on this. Now, I don't need to go in to record today, I got word that they're reviewing the previous days' recordings.. so it's just you and me. And I have an idea on what we can do." And then April sat me down on the couch all by myself.. she made sure my diapered butt was all the way against the back cushion, but still.. she left me on the couch, not the playpen, not the swing, not the new bouncer. That was a good sign. When she came back, she was carrying a tiny guitar in each hand, like the one I had been playing with on the coffee table the other night. She sat one of them in my lap and held the other one close to her body, sitting down on the other side of the couch, facing me.

"Let's play some music," April smiled.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, treasuresman said:

Wow, that was emotional, I really think she needs to call April mummy and maybe then things might I just say might go back a little bit to where she wants them

Guest KWOceans

Well, I said this earlier to you personally, but this may have broken my heart a bit. I've finally come out of the dark corner of sadness where I pieced the frail thing back together. I feel so bad for them both. The feels....why is it that as authors we enjoy hitting readers RIGHT in the feelings? Geez, we're sadist that way, aren't we, lol.

31 minutes ago, KWOceans said:

Well, I said this earlier to you personally, but this may have broken my heart a bit. I've finally come out of the dark corner of sadness where I pieced the frail thing back together. I feel so bad for them both. The feels....why is it that as authors we enjoy hitting readers RIGHT in the feelings? Geez, we're sadist that way, aren't we, lol.

I like the addition but it was fascinating to read about Kimmy trying to bite Michelle. I had to re-read that line a few times to be sure I saw it correctly. Very powerful. I do wish Kimmy had at least risked saying sorry with the pacifier out but I understand why she didn't. Just seems like she has an unresolved issue on her end of the situation. I like the jumper and guitar. I also think it will take some more convincing for Kimmy to relax, but the Stockholm syndrome conversation from above is perhaps a good analysis and description of what might take place later. I look forward to the new character and Little interactions!