LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Making the Best of It: A Tale of Love and Acceptance in Two Acts

10 hours ago, abds said:

how come i cant ready anything past page 3?? :(

Just Google the name of the story along with bbykimmy and you'll find another site to read the whole story/stories..

6 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

Just Google the name of the story along with bbykimmy and you'll find another site to read the whole story/stories..

Good to know. But still, it would be nice if newcomers could actually find the good stories on DD.

I actually started restoring this story last week, but I got caught up with some other stuff.  I intend to restore all of the stories I wrote.  I wish all of the comments were still intact, sharing this story meant the world to me.

15 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

I actually started restoring this story last week, but I got caught up with some other stuff.  I intend to restore all of the stories I wrote.  I wish all of the comments were still intact, sharing this story meant the world to me.

Glad to hear you started restoring your stories. You're the only person who really brought the Diaper Dimension to life for me. Making the Best of It was one of the most beautiful & Heartwrenching stories I've ever read. I look forward to when It's restored so that I can point to it and say, "Now there's a story worth your time! And your tears." I might leave out the second part. (Mischievous Face)

27 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Glad to hear you started restoring your stories. You're the only person who really brought the Diaper Dimension to life for me. Making the Best of It was one of the most beautiful & Heartwrenching stories I've ever read. I look forward to when It's restored so that I can point to it and say, "Now there's a story worth your time! And your tears." I might leave out the second part. (Mischievous Face)

Aww, thank you!   I did warn everyone that they could stop at the end of Act 1... although I really think the journey through the darker Act 2 is worth it.  This was the first story I ever wrote... they all got darker from here, ha!

10 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

Yeah, I couldn't even read "Save Yourself." But I really enjoyed "It's the little Choices." It was an interesting inversion of most Diaper Dimension stories.

Yeah, I wish I had finished that one.  I wrote for the first time in six months this week, but it was on a new story, non-DD.  "Save Yourself" is daaaaaark... I remember where I was going with it and I still hope to finish it, but I don't have the heart to do it right now.

I have another idea for a DD-story set in Gaule (the same island as "Little Choices"), it's super cutesy and funny, and not at all dark (in my head).

Guest KWOceans
7 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

Yeah, I wish I had finished that one.  I wrote for the first time in six months this week, but it was on a new story, non-DD.  "Save Yourself" is daaaaaark... I remember where I was going with it and I still hope to finish it, but I don't have the heart to do it right now.

I have another idea for a DD-story set in Gaule (the same island as "Little Choices"), it's super cutesy and funny, and not at all dark (in my head).

Oh don't kid yourself, Kimmy, because you know you're fooling nobody. This new story, like ALL your others, without fail, will likely take a dark turn at some point. You just can't seem to help it. Not content until you're hacking at the heart strings with a pair of rusty scissors, right? :P 

That said, there's never once been a story of yours that has been a let down either, so I'm excited to see where you take this new one when the time comes. ^_^ 

9 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

That sounds wonderful. :wub: I mean, I like a dark story just as much if not more than the next guy, but sometimes you just want a story that you don't have to worry about giving you nightmares.

Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you. Like If you need help overcoming writer's block. Or if you wanna bounce some ideas off of someone. Or if you just need someone to remind you you're amazing! :D

6 minutes ago, KWOceans said:

Oh don't kid yourself, Kimmy, because you know you're fooling nobody. This new story, like ALL your others, without fail, will likely take a dark turn at some point. You just can't seem to help it. Not content until you're hacking at the heart strings with a pair of rusty scissors, right? :P 

That said, there's never once been a story of yours that has been a let down either, so I'm excited to see where you take this new one when the time comes. ^_^ 

You're a meanie butt!  How did anyone ever think you were a big sister, you're obviously a dedicated tormentor!

5 minutes ago, Wannatripbaby said:

That sounds wonderful. :wub: I mean, I like a dark story just as much if not more than the next guy, but sometimes you just want a story that you don't have to worry about giving you nightmares.

Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you. Like If you need help overcoming writer's block. Or if you wanna bounce some ideas off of someone. Or if you just need someone to remind you you're amazing! :D

Awwwwwwwwww.... well, I never get tired of compliments <3 <3

And it's not really a writer's block per se, the ideas still flow.. my heart just isn't in it the way it was last year.  I had never written a story in my life prior to writing "Best of It" - it was pouring all my feelings about being Little out on the page, asking the question if it was possible to have a DD story with real, genuine love between an Amazon and a Little because I felt there just wasn't enough love in the stories that were out there.

My life kind of fell apart that summer, after a whirlwind of writing... I'm still putting the pieces back together and KWOceans is slowly dragging me back to my love of sharing stories.

30 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

My life kind of fell apart that summer, after a whirlwind of writing... I'm still putting the pieces back together and KWOceans is slowly dragging me back to my love of sharing stories.

I'm sorry to hear that. :unsure: But I'm sure whatever tragedy wrecked your life will be channeled into whatever story you eventually write. I'm glad KWOceans is helping you. Even if she can be a meanie butt sometimes. :P

11 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

I heard about this story a month ago, and had to ask around for a copy, as the story was lost in the great purge of October'17. 

Absolutely loved the first part of the story, but was horrified when the main actor turned into a cat.  I was actually physically mad at the DD world, the callousness and utter stupidity of the daycare workers to let her be taken as a pet, and it wasn't easy to contain my emotions about it during work time. 

Anyway, have read it three times already. 

3 hours ago, ozziebee said:

I heard about this story a month ago, and had to ask around for a copy, as the story was lost in the great purge of October'17. 

Absolutely loved the first part of the story, but was horrified when the main actor turned into a cat.  I was actually physically mad at the DD world, the callousness and utter stupidity of the daycare workers to let her be taken as a pet, and it wasn't easy to contain my emotions about it during work time. 

Anyway, have read it three times already. 

Aww, sorry it made you so mad, but I'm glad it elicited an emotional response!  Thank you for sharing <3

The fact that you came back for more speaks volumes to me.  What did you think of "Little Choices" ?

Okay friends, the story is restored.

But I wonder, is it better to try and stick the posts back in the broken thread where half of the comments are erased too, or is it better to start a new thread and end up with a cleaner final version, but lose all the wonderful comments that happened in between?

Feedback was so important to me while I was writing this, everyone participating in the journey helped me along a lot, so I'm torn.

• Like 1

Thanks Kimmy, For spending the time restoring this wonderful work.  

My less than 2 cents worth:    Leave the old comments or what is left in.  It was an emotional roller coaster ride, and the remnants help me and others relive that.

Ellie

Before I forget,  Breaking the Girl ....  would love to see what you had written back up here.  Thanks again.

Breaking the girl... Oh yeah! I forgot about that one! Mainly because you only put up like 2 chapters & then abandoned it. But it looked very promising! That being said, if you don't feel like you have it in you to pick it back up and continue don't feel pressured to force yourself. Inspiration is a fleeting, stubborn mistress. Sometimes old ideas should just stay in the grave.

Ha, both of you are opposite opinions and I agree with you both, hence the dilemma.  Posting a chapter a day like I used to (when I wrote the story the first time, I posted pretty much a chapter every day, the 97k word work was done in a month) feels like cheating, especially because anyone could go read the rest of it any time.

It feels most fair to fill in the truncated posts here in the Archived Stories, though I might post a note in the main story forum about them when I'm done.

As for Breaking the Girl... I don't know if I can go back to that story.  I know in general where I was going with it, and the challenge was to write from the Dominant perspective... I'm super, super submissive so writing the dom perspective is really hard for me.  I don't know if I'm good enough to finish that story.

I have 1k words into a new story though... ;)

The challenge this time:  Can Kimmy tell a compelling, gripping story without the use of ANY evil characters?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

The challenge this time:  Can Kimmy tell a compelling, gripping story without the use of ANY evil characters?

Damn, that sounds hard! I suppose you could use some form of tragedy as a way of keeping the plot interesting. The antagonist could be grief or pain instead of a person.