LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Making the Best of It: A Tale of Love and Acceptance in Two Acts

Kimmy, the tags will probably help those who can't take a dark turn, however, I like some dark, so I am OKay, just as long as it is not nightmare dark that I think about forever, and can't get out of my head.

4 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

Kimmy, the tags will probably help those who can't take a dark turn, however, I like some dark, so I am OKay, just as long as it is not nightmare dark that I think about forever, and can't get out of my head.

Guest KWOceans
6 minutes ago, ELLIE52 said:

Part 39

I drifted in and out of consciousness, I don't know how many times. There were tears, there were screams, there was a fight. I heard people yelling about how we couldn't go to the vet, nobody knew what to do. Nanny kept me close, I think... I remember Bella carrying me some as well.. I remember my face feeling wet from her tears. It was hard to tell what was real and what wasn't. I remember Nanny making a phone call, I remember hearing "Albion Embassy".. and I remember drinking a lot of water and doing a lot of vomiting. The mask smelled terrible but I couldn't get away from it. They wouldn't let me sleep. Every time I finally drifted off to get away from the pain, someone woke me up. Splashing me with water, slapping my face, always something. I just wanted to sleep... everything hurt.

I drifted in this hazy void for who knows how long. I was passed from person to person, Sunshine always seemed to be nearby.. I felt the touch of her tail often.

"I don't think she's going to make it, dearie... "

"I'm so sorry Bella sweetie... "

"I'll get you another kitty, princess.. "

The voices came and went, the faces came and went.

Eventually Bella talked everyone into letting her take me to her room so she could hold me.. we watched the sun set together on her bed, she didn't get upset when I got sick on it.

"Milk.. " I begged, the milk-itch was getting to me even now. With the mask open I could finally talk.

I was honestly surprised to see the sun rise. Bella stayed by my side all night, feeding me milk when she could, giving me water, holding me and cleaning me up.

When my vision finally cleared, Bella wasn't alone in the room. I was greeted by Gwen's worried smile. Her pink tips hung over her face, her camo jacket was crusted with vomit. Bella was asleep in a chair in the corner. We weren't in Bella's room, everything was too bright, too white, too shiny.

"Gwen?" I asked weakly.. was this another horrible dream? Was she going to throw me away or tell April to get rid of me?

"Hi sweetie," Gwen stroked my hair, carefully avoiding my ears. It felt so good, but honestly.. I wanted her to scruff them.

"How are you here? Where am I? Gwen.. I need the milk," I looked around weakly for the bottle. Gwen teased the nipple of the bottle into my mouth and held me tight.

"The Embassy called your mommy, I'm here to take you home," she said to me softly, "I didn't think you were going to make it, Kimmy. I was so worried about you. We're in the hospital, they got the poison out of you."

"Where's mommy?" I asked as soon as the bottle was gone, the milk-itch gone with it.

"She's waiting for you at home, Kimmy. I had to come to Catalon and get her, she taxed her body too much looking for you, she almost ended up in the hospital herself. She stopped eating, stopped sleeping... when you went missing her whole world fell apart. I took her home and came back to keep looking for you myself."

I reached up and felt my face... the kitty mask was gone. I flexed my ears.. the kitty ears, they were still there. I reached up and touched them gently.

"They had to cut the mask off, but they were worried that removing the collar and disconnecting the ears would send you into a shock that your body couldn't take. It'll be a while before we can remove those."

"I... I think I want to keep them. Are we going home?"

"As soon as they release you, sweetie. We have to make sure you'll be safe to fly and then we're back home to Albion."

"What about Sunshine?"

"The sun is shining sweetheart, it's been shining since the moment your mommy said that you'd been found. She promised not to press charges of any kind if you were returned."

"No.. Sunshine, the other kitty... the other Little. She's my friend. Gwen, we have to save her!" I struggled weakly in her arms, but she held me close.

"Shhh, shh... calm down."

"But Sunshine!"

Bella woke at my shouting.

"Daisy? Oh my goodness Daisy, you're alive! I was so worried, Daisy what happened?"

"Opal poisoned me.. she said I was going to meet Sprinkles... where's Sunshine? We can't let Opal get Sunshine!"

"Nanny was watching Opal like a hawk as soon as we figured out what was wrong with you. Sunshine is safe, Daisy."

"Her name is Kimmy," Gwen said gruffly, frowning at Bella. "Kimmy Morris. Not Daisy."

"Right... I'm sorry. I'm glad you're okay, Kimmy. I'm sorry that Opal hurt you."

"I forgive you, Bella... I'm going to go home to my mommy."

"I'm sorry we kept you from your mommy... I didn't know... " Bella blushed, looking down, "I didn't think about who you were with before, I'm sorry we took you. It was wrong."

"You're damn right it was wrong," Gwen grumped at Bella, who was on the verge of tears. I felt my ears flatten.

"Gwen... Bella is sorry, she's a good person. I forgive her, I hope you can too. Bella... thank you for taking care of me. But... Bella, I want to take Sunshine with us. Will you let her come to Albion with us and be free?"

"What?" Gwen asked, surprised, "Kimmy.. I don't.. "

"No," Bella said sharply, "Sunshine is my best friend. She's been my best friend for years, I can't just let her go... "

"Bella," I said softly, "Please... " I couldn't say it out loud, I couldn't say that I loved Sunshine. That I was in love with Sunshine, that I wanted to be with her.

"No Daisy! It's bad enough that I'm losing you, I can't lose her too. I'd be so lonely... "

"Gwen, help.. " I pleaded, I loved Sunshine...

"I'm sorry Kimmy, we can't make her give up her Little," Gwen frowned.

"But she's not even treated like a Little, she's a kitty, they changed her body, they added a tail to her! I.. I love her."

"I love her too, Da.. Kimmy. I love her so much, and she's happy with me. Don't you think she's happy? She doesn't know how to be a Little, she's my Sunshine... "

She was right. Sunshine would probably have a hard time adjusting to life as a Little, who knew how long it had been since she'd walked or talked, and I'm sure she wouldn't want to get her beautiful tail removed. She did seemed to love her tail... I was a little heartbroken, but I nodded. I wasn't even going to get to say goodbye.. would I ever know if she loved me the same way I loved her?

It was at that point that I realized I was actually wearing clothes. I had on a hospital gown of some kind.. it felt scratchy on my skin after being naked for so long. I snuggled into Gwen's strong arms.

"I missed you, Gwen."

"I missed you too, Kimmy."

--

Parting with Bella was not that hard, I resented her for keeping Sunshine. The world felt a little darker without her, she hadn't left my side in weeks.. but I wasn't sad to see Catalon shrink away as the plane took off. We had been in the hospital for another two days. I was still addicted to the milk, they didn't think my system could take breaking that chemical dependency yet, not in my weakened state. So we were taking off for Albion, ears on my head, a suitcase full of formula that included the same drug that was in the milk. Catalon had definitely left its mark on me. I was looking forward to being back home with April. I was even looking forward to my crib. But I wished desperately that Sunshine was coming with me.

Gwen had explained that she had sold her motorcycle and her house to finance finding me, there were detectives involved and everything.. they had a pretty good idea where I was but no idea how to retrieve me, until Nanny called the Albion Embassy to report me. Gwen was already in the area by then and she helped rush me to the hospital. I felt bad that Gwen had sacrificed so much for me. She was actually pretty grumpy with April that she hadn't just asked if I could stay with her in the first place. It all seemed so silly in hindsight. Gwen was moving in with April and the three of us were going to be a family.

When we landed, April was waiting for us as soon as we were off the plane and I got the biggest hug of my life.

"Kimmy, I thought I was never going to see you again, I was so scared. I'm so sorry I ever took you to Catalon, sweetie. I'm so, so sorry for everything that happened to you."

"It's okay, mommy. I'm okay. Everything is going to be fine. I am so glad to be home," I said softly to her, trying to comfort her. "We'll never be apart again."

"What did they do to you, my sweet Kimmy?" she asked, staring at my ears.

"I have kitty ears!" I declared happily and wiggled them, "Aren't they cute?" Neither Gwen nor April could keep from laughing. "Go ahead, touch them. They're so soft, and it feels so good when people touch them." April reached up tentatively and caressed one of my ears, which made me let out a low mmmmmmm... but no purr came forth. It was strange that I was actually sad about that. "I don't know how it works, but the collar makes pettings feel so good... like the world's gentlest massage. I'm... I think I want to keep them, is that okay?"

"I don't know," April frowned, "We should talk to a doctor about it... I'd hate to find out it had other side-effects. But if it's safe and you like them, yes. I love you no matter what, kitty ears aren't going to change that." The airport personnel were starting to get annoyed with us, so we headed to the car. Gwen took the driver's seat and April sat in the back with me. It felt good to be in the familiar seat, buckled in and safe. April fed me a bottle of the drugged formula with a frown, she wanted me off the addictive substance as soon as possible. Having April in the back with me was really nice. It felt good to be close to her.

When we got home it was... well, it was like coming home after a long journey. Gwen set me down on my feet and I took shaky steps into the house. I hadn't walked at all in weeks and my legs were wobbly. They were very patient and held my hands, my whole hand wrapped around one Amazon finger. It was good to be home. It felt safe, welcoming.

"Mommy, may I take a nap?" I asked, I felt tired from the travel.

"Of course, sweetie." April smiled and scooped me up, changing me into a nighttime diaper and a nightie before laying me down in the crib. She stood by the bedside, the rails still lowered. "Oh, one moment. I have something in my room you'll want." She disappeared for a moment and came back with...

"Harry Otter!" I was overjoyed to see my stuffed friend. I held my arms open, welcoming him.

"Harry's been keeping me company at night, he never let me give up hope that we'd find you." It was then that I realized how gaunt and drawn April looked. She had been worried literally sick about me, I felt bad.

"I'm glad Harry's sleep spells worked on you, mommy. I'm glad to see him again. You can sleep with him if you want," I offered him back to April.

"No sweetie, I'm not going to sleep right now. I'm going to go talk with Gwen about everything that went on. You have a nice nap, we're going out to celebrate tonight. How does sushi with Lisa and Melanie sound?"

"It sounds wonderful... but I haven't eaten solid food in weeks, will I be okay?"

"We'll take it slowly, sweetheart. You don't have to eat anything you don't want to."

"I would like to see Lisa and Melanie," I smiled, pulling the blankets up over me and snuggling Harry. "Mommy.. may I have my paci?" I had gotten used to sleeping with something in my mouth.. life actually felt strange without the mask.

"Of course, sweetie," she smiled. She reached back... and pulled my paci from around her neck. She had been wearing it on a necklace. "Here you go, my Kimmy. I am so glad to have you home." She slipped the paci between my lips, and I slipped off to dreamland.

• Like 3

And then, to fit with this story's new tone and deal a final fatal blow to the old happy one we thought would last forever, the next chapter will have Kimmy waking up in her 'kitty bed', and crying herself back to sleep as she realizes that being found, freed, and back with her mommy was just a fleeting dream... :(:(:(

Guest KWOceans
4 minutes ago, DKN117 said:

And then, to fit with this story's new tone and deal a final fatal blow to the old happy one we thought would last forever, the next chapter will have Kimmy waking up in her 'kitty bed', and crying herself back to sleep as she realizes that being found, freed, and back with her mommy was just a fleeting dream... :(:(:(

Ooh, I do like how your mind works. I don't know if I should feel proud or ashamed that this would be something I would consider doing if it were my story. I won't tell you if you're close or not, since that's not fair, but it is an interesting prediction. Mine was that Kimmy was going to die. I really did think that she would, and perhaps that it would play on the concept of dying in one world only to exist in another, knowing she can never go back to April. It's a depressing prediction, but you never really know what to expect with BbyKimmy here. ;)

7 minutes ago, DKN117 said:

I have ruined my reputation as a bringer of sweetness and love!

Guest KWOceans
2 minutes ago, bbykimmy said:

I maintain that BabySofia is Princess of Evil, not me!

I formally dub thee Princess of Torment then. ;P

I hope you write about what happens to opal. I was hoping sunshine turned out to be one of kimmys friends from before. Thanks for the updates. So excited I didn't have to wait until Tuesday

I am glad Kimmy is back with April and that Gwen is moving in! I really look forward to the next chapter and seeing how the doctor reacts to the ears. I also look forward to more adventures on Albion...lol. Great job with the reunion!

I've never felt so attached to a story before. I'll admit it that I was getting bored with all the sugar and sweetness, but that trip... It evoked deep emotions within me. I certainly could relate with April's state as I have been in "auto pilot" before as everything ceased to matter and memories evaporated into nothingness. I have never shed

Part 40

I was standing in the living room, my living room... April's living room. My ukulele was sitting on the couch, Harry Otter had been playing it again.

"April?" I called, looking around for her. As I passed the mirror, I could see that the top of my diaper was peeking out over the the waist of my jeans... maybe a midrift wasn't the right choice today. I really wanted to show off my flat tummy, though. "April sweetie?"

I walked into the kitchen.. to find April kissing Gwen softly, passionately. Gwen was taller than April by a couple of inches, so April's head was tilted up in the embrace. My heart cracked a little, but I couldn't help creeping up near them quietly. April was my girl, but I knew she loved Gwen too. I couldn't make April feel quite as small as Gwen did, as April and I were the same height, and that tore me up a bit. They didn't notice me, and I wasn't going to interrupt. Sunshine took that moment to wrap her arms around me from behind, slipping her hands up my tummy and under my shirt. I could feel her tail wrap around my right ankle, below the hem of the capri cut. A smile spread across my face as I turned in her grasp to face my silly nudist. Her lips were red and full, and the freckles that dappled her face right across her nose were perfect... she always wore just the right makeup even though she never seemed to want to wear clothes.

"We should join them," Sunshine said in a low tone, her voice was smoky, sultry... perfect. Her hazel eyes pierced my soul. "Kiss me, Kimberly."

I didn't need any more invitation than that and I pulled her tight and pressed my lips against hers. Her tail snaked up my pantleg as we kissed, causing me to giggle even as our tongues slid together. She patted my diapered bottom gently as we made out.

"They are the cutest couple," I heard April's voice over my right shoulder.

"Yeah," Gwen agreed. I could see her wrapping an arm around April's shoulders. I tried to break the embrace with Sunshine but she held me fast, driving her tongue deep into my mouth, running the tip along the roof of my mouth.

But I love April too, I tried to protest, but Sunshine dipped me back and I felt my hair brush against the ground.

"You're my girl," Sunshine's smoky voice washed over me as she broke the kiss. I felt her love warm me from my toes to my nose.

"I love you, Sunshine... but I love April too.. April, I love you!" I confessed even as Sunshine held me in the dip, my view of April was upside-down. She and Gwen smiled down at me.

"I know, sweetheart. I love you too." Her hand reached out... and patted my crotch, the diaper swelled at her touch, "You're my baby." At those words I found myself sitting on the ground. Sunshine was gone, and I was eye-level with April's and Gwen's shins. They were giant now. I looked down and found that I was dressed in a onesie with a tutu skirt, warm pee leaking out of the legband of the diaper.

"Sunshine?" I looked around, but I couldn't find her. We weren't in the kitchen any more, I was in the crib. Glinting steel bars surrounded me and Gwen and April looked down on me from above.

"Wet for me again," Gwen smiled, "You're starting to leak, it's adorable." My body obeyed her command and my legs grew wet, the diaper was leaking like a sieve.

I woke up with a jolt, I really was leaking. I really was in a crib, my crib. Not the awful steel crib from the hotel, but my white wooden crib in my room. I frantically picked up Harry so he wouldn't get wet. The dream was so real.. I felt disoriented.

"April!" I called, "Help! I'm leaking!" I tried to stop the flow but it was no use, I just didn't have that ability any more. April came in and scooped me up.

"Oh, sweetie," she said sadly, "I'm so sorry. I put you in a regular nighttime diaper without even thinking about it. I.. threw away those awful Catalon diapers, I couldn't stand looking at the package. We'll have to get you some thicker diapers, I'm sorry sweetie. Oh, Kimmy, I'm so glad you're home."

"Me too, mommy," I said, but I couldn't hide the hint of sadness in my voice. My lips burned from Sunshine's kiss, would I ever get to feel that again? April put me in another nighttime diaper and a plain green onesie and dropped me in Gwen's lap on the couch.

"I have to go clean up the crib, poor Kimmy leaked," April said as she headed back to the nursery.

"I'm so sorry," my voice wavered as I apologized.

"Shhh," Gwen gave me a tight hug, "It's not your fault. How are you feeling? You don't ask for a nap very often, from what April says."

"I napped a lot when... " I stretched in Gwen's lap, reaching as high as I could, "When I was stuck as a kitty. Cat naps." I giggled, trying to signal that it was okay to joke about it. I didn't want to dwell on the sad parts of the dream. I savored that sweet moment with my Sunshine, but I didn't want Gwen to feel bad, so it was time to focus on the now. Honestly, being a kitty hadn't been that bad. Not being able to talk had been awful, but actually being a kitty had been... kind of liberating, counter-intuitively. I could go where I wanted, when I wanted. I got changed when I asked for it, otherwise no one really checked me. I could hide for hours if I wanted to, or cuddle with Bella if I wanted to. Sunshine had been there for me in every moment, good and bad. She had been my friend, my sleeping companion, my protector... I'd never know if she loved me the same way I loved her.

"Would you like it if I.. pet your ears?"

I didn't answer, I just wiggled my ears at her and grinned. She started petting the tips gently.

"No, lower.. right where they meet my hair. Oh yeah," Gwen had found the perfect spot and I melted into her, "Oh, I wish I could share with you how good that feels. It's stupid, but I miss being able to purr."

"You're really going to keep them?"

"Gwen, if you understood how good what you're doing right now felt, you'd keep them too. It's amazing."

"Is it really like a massage? Like you said?"

"That's as close as I can get to describing it. How does it feel when someone shakes hands with your third arm?"

"I don't have a third arm!"

"Exactly! You don't have kitty ears, it's hard to explain a feeling that someone else doesn't have."

All of a sudden, I was being lifted and flipped around. My head was over Gwen's shoulder as she crushed my body into hers.

"Oh Kimmy, we were so worried about you."

"Hey," April's voice came from behind me, "I want in on some of that action."

Gwen lifted me high into the air and tickled me as April climbed into Gwen's lap, sitting sideways, her legs draped over the next couch cushion and her feet dangling over the edge. I was lowered into her lap, and Gwen's arms wrapped around us both. She squeezed us, and the three of us shared a wonderful laugh. It felt strange to laugh again, strange but good.

"So.. Gwen lives here now?" I asked softly after the laughter had died down.

"Yes," April said, kissing the top of my head, "Gwen sold a lot of things so we could find you.. we grew closer while we searched. We're really lucky to have her, sweetie. I don't think I would have found you without her help."

"Is Gwen my mommy now too?" Now it was Gwen's turn to laugh.

"Do you want me to be?"

My heart was torn in two. Both of these wonderful women had literally saved my life, I would be dead without both of them and they loved each other. I longed for Sunshine.. if Gwen felt the same way about April, how could I deny them?

"Yes," I said firmly, "But if I yell 'mommy' and you both come, that will be confusing!" That started off another round of laughter.

"We'll think of something," Gwen smiled.

"We need to go - we have to go to the store and buy more diapers before we head to dinner. Lisa is going to be over the moon to see you. She was worried sick too, and she hasn't gotten to snuggle you yet. She and Melanie scoured the net looking for clues, researching laws, they worked as hard as Gwen and me in trying to find you. You're loved, Little girl. You," she turned in Gwen's lap and planted a kiss on her cheek, "need to get out of those jeans and into a skirt. Show off some leg tonight."

"No way, I haven't shaved in a week!"

"Your lady love demands it! I don't care if you've shaved, I love you just the way you are and if anyone can't handle you, fuck them."

My jaw dropped at April's language. "Mommy! You shouldn't use that word! Mommy Gwen, you should tickle her!"

"No!" April shouted, squirming. Both Gwen and I started in on tickling her, and before long she was kicking and squirming, begging for us to stop. Eventually the fun ended and Gwen went to go change, while April pulled a skirt on me. Honestly, wearing clothes again felt strange to me. I hadn't even thought about covering my legs or my diaper. She had picked a cute ruffly blue skirt, it made me feel pretty in a way I hadn't felt in what seemed like forever.

"So I'm Mommy Gwen?" Gwen asked as she came back out from the hallway, now wearing an ankle-length floral skirt instead of her jeans. Her breasts were gone as well.. she must have bound them. I smiled at Gwen, she always knew what she wanted. She was distinctly female.. but masculine at the same time. She was something in between, and 100% Gwen.

"Hey! Where's the leg?"

"I'll show leg after I shave, sweetie - seriously, I feel uncomfortable flashing hair."

"I'm sorry," April hugged Gwen, leaving me sitting on the couch, "I'm just teasing. I would never want you to be uncomfortable just to please me. Thank you for sharing your feelings." She kissed her and Gwen blushed a bit, it was honestly adorable.

"You're both mommy," I decided. "You're only Mommy Gwen or Mommy April when you're both right there. Otherwise, you're just mommy!"

"Sounds good to me," Gwen smiled, scooping me up and carrying me on one shoulder. I was so high in the air!

"Mommy! This is scary!" I squealed and she pulled me down and cradled me instead.

"I'm sorry, Kimmy - I'll ask first. Let's go get your diapers and go to dinner, huh? I bet Melanie can't wait to see you. I bet she can't wait for you to see her, too."

--

We stopped by the store, Gwen carried me the whole time while April pushed the cart. We gave riding on her shoulder another try... it was actually fun once I got over the fear. Gwen wouldn't let me fall, everything would be okay. They bought me a pack of thicker diapers for "extra heavy wetters", the cashier couldn't help but comment of course.

"Oh my, is that cutie an extra heavy wetter?" she asked as April paid for the diapers. "She's so small! Oh, I bet you keep her in these just because it's extra cute."

"No ma'am," I answered. I could feel Gwen getting irritated, "A stranger drugged me on vacation and it hasn't worn off, I need extra protection."

"Oh, that's horrible!" the cashier was visibly upset, "Who would do something like that to a sweetie like you?"

"Who indeed," Gwen muttered, "The world has a long way to go in its treatment of Littles, lady. Even you think it's okay to keep them in thicker diapers just because it's cute." The woman blushed as April laid a calming hand on Gwen's arm.

"You're right, I'm sorry," the cashier admitted sadly, "You are a very wonderful Little girl and I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you have a wonderful day, and I like your kitty ear headband a lot! The ears match your hair color perfectly!"

"Thanks!" I beamed at her and wiggled my ears.

"Oh my!" the cashier looked stunned.

"Mommy, that Little has real kitty ears!" I swiveled to see a Little in the front of an Amazon shopping cart, she and her mother were staring at me. "I want kitty ears! May I have kitty ears please? I'll take my nap without complaining, I promise!" I laughed and laid my ears flat against my head - that was hard if I wasn't really angry - and brought them back forward.

"Where did you get those ears?" the mother was asking Gwen, who looked distinctly uncomfortable.

"Actually," April said, stepping in to save Gwen, "they're Catalon tech. The bugs aren't worked out of it yet, I can't recommend it. They're not safe to remove from her yet, unfortunately."

"Oh," the mother looked disappointed. "I would pay good money for safe, functional kitty ears like those for my Little. Getting her to nap is the biggest challenge!"

"They actually feel really good," I offered, "Maybe someone here can figure out how to make them without the drawbacks."

"I hope so," the woman agreed, "I know I'd buy them. I'll keep a lookout, thanks for the information." She turned to walk away, but her Little girl wasn't done complaining.

"Mommy!" she whined, "I want ears like those, plea-" she was silenced by a pacifier and I couldn't help but laugh. It was really good to be home, where people genuinely cared for each other. Catalon certainly wasn't for me. 

My mommies smiled and held hands as they walked to the car, the diapers in a bag in April's left hand, me on Gwen's right shoulder. Suddenly, Gwen looked up at me in surprise.

"Kimmy! Can you give me some warning?"

"What?" I asked, I had no idea what she was talking about.

"My shoulder just got warm, silly girl."

"Oh," I lifted my skirt a bit and poked the padding. Sure enough, I was wet, "I'm sorry mommy, I didn't even notice. I couldn't... I couldn't even talk to anyone about it." I felt my tears welling up, "So I just went, no matter what."

"Oh baby," Gwen pulled me down from her shoulder and held me close, "I'm so sorry." We all sat down in the car before continuing, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I... I'm not sure," my feelings were all jumbled up. "I feel sad, and a little ashamed, I think."

"Baby," April began from my left. They had set me down in the carseat and I had a mommy on either side of me, "Nothing that happened is your fault. You didn't ask to be taken, you didn't ask to be treated that way. Can you say that for me? Can you say, 'It's not my fault.'"

"It's... it's not my fault," as I said those words, the tears started falling in earnest and all the pain of everything that happened, the shocks, the milk addiction, the beatings at Opal's hands, the fear over being modified against my will, the hopelessness.. and the unrequited love. Everything came pouring out at once and I was a babbling incoherent mess. April pulled me from the carseat and held me in her lap and just rocked me gently. Through my tears I could see a vein bulge on Gwen's forehead. I don't even know how much of it they understood, half of it was spoken into April's breasts.

She didn't shush me, she didn't tell me it was okay, she didn't try to cheer me up.. she just let me feel. When the tears finally stopped, I felt hollow. Like I had cried out everything that was inside me and there was nothing left... until I looked over to Gwen, who had tears streaming down her face as well. Her left hand rested on the window and her fist was clenched so tightly, her knuckles were bone white. Suddenly I wasn't hollow.. I was full. These two women loved me. Deeply. I barely knew Gwen but she gave up so much for me, she traveled to another country and searched for me and brought me home to the woman I loved. And even now, my pain was so hard for her to handle, she was so twisted up, so sad, so angry on my behalf. How could I have ever wanted to keep April for myself from this wonderful woman?

"Gwen needs a hug," I whispered softly to April. I gave her a squeeze and climbed over the carseat and into Gwen's lap, wrapping my arms around her neck. "Thank you, Gwen," I said into her ear.. well, as close to her ear as I could get. "Thank you for everything. For coming to save me, for taking care of April, for everything. You're an amazing person." Her arms wrapped around me in a hug and my tears were renewed. We sobbed together, she shared my pain almost as if it were her own, she hurt for me.. and I carved out a special spot in my heart for her that day. That embrace lasted a long time before I was back in April's arms for another long hug there.

My two mommies. It was good to be home.

• Like 5