LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking for magnetic button locks?

AbabeBill

Anyone know where I can find magnetic button locks on line? A US distributor would be best for me. Checked ebay, and I didn't see any there.

They would be like these, http://www.goural.us/magnetic-key-set-button-and-key-xml-586_1819-2688.html

Can't understand why they seem so expensive either? The ones from that link, would be over $105 US dollars for me, and the shipping would only add to that total. I know its good steel, plastic, and magnets, but WOW!

Any help, would be great, thanks!

One reason these are not cheap is the magnetic properties of the lock are not your low grade magnetic compass direction type.

Like the magnetic locks that keep doors open or closed and fingers from prying the locking mechanism open these are some tough critters.

OK when replacing pieces and parts of gear the sum or these exceed the total of the finished gear.

These appear to be Segufix type locks - take a search in that direction for replacements and or a whole new webbing restraints !

Handy with workshop tools you may be able to manufacture a similar type lock i.e. locking nut bolt and a series of washers however albeit without the magnetics.

Think outside the Locked Box !

AND YES the replacement prices are outrageous - but in review of the Link the prices are in Euros and seller in France ?

I am sure you can do better with Ebay and Segufix - keep looking and searching.

43 minutes ago, BabyLock said:

One reason these are not cheap is the magnetic properties of the lock are not your low grade magnetic compass direction type.

Like the magnetic locks that keep doors open or closed and fingers from prying the locking mechanism open these are some tough critters.

OK when replacing pieces and parts of gear the sum or these exceed the total of the finished gear.

These appear to be Segufix type locks - take a search in that direction for replacements and or a whole new webbing restraints !

Handy with workshop tools you may be able to manufacture a similar type lock i.e. locking nut bolt and a series of washers however albeit without the magnetics.

Think outside the Locked Box !

AND YES the replacement prices are outrageous - but in review of the Link the prices are in Euros and seller in France ?

I am sure you can do better with Ebay and Segufix - keep looking and searching.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, piggyinnappies said:

Try save express in Germany.

Thanks, I know that website. Haven't ordered from them ever, but I will look in to it. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't got hold of any yet. Your idea made me think of the character Jaws, in James Bond, "The Spy Who Loved Me". In it, Jaws gets stuck to an electro magnet, by his teeth.

• 3 weeks later...

So the saga continues - are you attracted by your magnetic restraints or ahem repelled can't escape either way !

Both, attracted & repelled at the same time, lol. Love being secure, but still want out. Like child safety harness leash, you have freedom to walk about, but only so much.

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2017 at 6:40 AM, AbabeBill said:

Both, attracted & repelled at the same time, lol. Love being secure, but still want out. Like child safety harness leash, you have freedom to walk about, but only so much.

Would love to see a picture of how your usesing them

Maybe not so much a picture/photo mode but in the attraction mode the two magnetic pieces must be together to release a latch bonding the restraints.

In the repelling mode the release latch is open and must be closed to release the restraints.

In any event the magnetic properties are not the toy compass type very passive - think of the heavy duty type that hold fire doors open in an industry application.

Think of an individual restrained against a wall with magnetic restraints and the release is by interrupting the magnetic field or by redirecting the field to open

the locking restraints.

Usually reins harnesses are not incorporating a magnetic field - but a simple snap or click on fastening. While some dexterous adult babies may have the ability

to open the securing connection - when mittened this function is deprived from the user - if not mittened then the magnetic field must be compromised !

Baby Houdini has his work cut out for him in escaping the magnetic properties !