LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AbabeBill

Looking for magnetic button locks?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone know where I can find magnetic button locks on line? A US distributor would be best for me. Checked ebay, and I didn't see any there.

They would be like these, http://www.goural.us/magnetic-key-set-button-and-key-xml-586_1819-2688.html

Can't understand why they seem so expensive either? The ones from that link, would be over $105 US dollars for me, and the shipping would only add to that total. I know its good steel, plastic, and magnets, but WOW!

Any help, would be great, thanks!

One reason these are not cheap is the magnetic properties of the lock are not your low grade magnetic compass direction type.

Like the magnetic locks that keep doors open or closed and fingers from prying the locking mechanism open these are some tough critters.

OK when replacing pieces and parts of gear the sum or these exceed the total of the finished gear.

These appear to be Segufix type locks - take a search in that direction for replacements and or a whole new webbing restraints !

Handy with workshop tools you may be able to manufacture a similar type lock i.e. locking nut bolt and a series of washers however albeit without the magnetics.

Think outside the Locked Box !

AND YES the replacement prices are outrageous - but in review of the Link the prices are in Euros and seller in France ?

I am sure you can do better with Ebay and Segufix - keep looking and searching.

43 minutes ago, BabyLock said:

One reason these are not cheap is the magnetic properties of the lock are not your low grade magnetic compass direction type.

Like the magnetic locks that keep doors open or closed and fingers from prying the locking mechanism open these are some tough critters.

OK when replacing pieces and parts of gear the sum or these exceed the total of the finished gear.

These appear to be Segufix type locks - take a search in that direction for replacements and or a whole new webbing restraints !

Handy with workshop tools you may be able to manufacture a similar type lock i.e. locking nut bolt and a series of washers however albeit without the magnetics.

AND YES the replacement prices are outrageous - but in review of the Link the prices are in Euros and seller in France ?

43 minutes ago, BabyLock said:

I did continue looking, after I wrote this post, and found Segufix. Much cheaper! I think the were about $6 or $7 and the key was about $4 or $5 each. I might be able to get them from Canada, as I think there is a Segufix there.