LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are Thick Diapers a nostalgia thing?

Well you can have thin fluff diapers , they are subject to press out pee , or SAP diapers which are expensive, but trap moisture well, when you combine the two you get a thick diaper that distributes wetness well and will handle a flood , and then locks the moisture away , so no press out pee , if you back to early diapers that were all fluff they were really thick, but leaked a lot , they added SAP and came up with a workable diaper that did the job not to expensively, and was not huge going on , but could be come huge when the SAP swelled, there are some very expensive high grade SAPS out there but using it in diapers would be unaffordable currently as a business model.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think people like thick diapers because it does remind people of when they were babies because it makes them waddle more then thin diapers like they did when they were toddlers or infants.

• Like 2

That is a good question. Personally I doubt it is a nostalgic thing for I have no conscious memories of that time. Nowadays baby diapers are quite thin and back in the days cloth was the thing to use. Cloth squares or pre folded diapers weren

• Like 1

I would have to agree with dlnoir. The thicker diapers keep them very obvious and present compared to a thin diaper that you can get used to and not notice so much.

• Like 2

I find a comforting reassurance with a thick nappy, and i suppose it does remind me of the terry nappies i wore as a baby, which compared to modern baby disposables were a lot thicker.

Maly.

• Like 1

I remember Pampers from the 70s and 80s being way thicker than they are today. Although they didn't fit me I could still feel the thickness to this day. I believe that is why I'm drawn to ABU diapers.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, dlnoir said:

That is a good question. Personally I doubt it is a nostalgic thing for I have no conscious memories of that time. Nowadays baby diapers are quite thin and back in the days cloth was the thing to use. Cloth squares or pre folded diapers weren

When you think of nostalgia, perhaps lots of people do remember the old thick diapers they wore when they were a kid, especially if they were late being toilet trained or wore them to bed at an older age due to bedwetting.

• Like 1

I think when I started as an AB/DL, my love for thick diapers was partly out of nostalgia.

Around the time I started dealing with full-time diaper-wearing and then IC, I started wearing slimmer diapers. I'm a heavy wetter, so I couldn't go much slimmer, but my go-to diaper at that time was Abena M3.

Now that my diapers are pretty much fully integrated into my life, my choices of diapers have gone back to being thicker - not insanely thick, but I do buy slightly larger clothing sizes than I did beforehand. This is primarily so I can feel completely secure and not have to worry, without going through a ridiculous amount of diapers per day

I just did two weeks in the hospital. The hospital diapers suck. When my wife brought some diapers from home, the hospital staff did not have to change the sheets more than once a day. The old Abenas I had in the closet came in handy. The hospital's diapers were really thin.

Yeah sucking is a known side effect of institutional diapers, you would think with all there penny pinching number crunching geeks would have figured out that better diapers are cheaper and less intensive of the nursing staff .

Nice to have you back , 2 weeks wait until you see what they charge for diapers , you will be in shock ! Good luck with that

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 5:33 AM, rusty pins said:

When you think of nostalgia, perhaps lots of people do remember the old thick diapers they wore when they were a kid, especially if they were late being toilet trained or wore them to bed at an older age due to bedwetting.

I've wondered if cloth back, and thin as heck would come to rule the land of Millennial AB/DLs, and that hasn't yet come to be the case.

When people around my age were searching for diapers to feed a curiosity, which became fetish, we found Pampers, Luvs, and maybe the old Attends ads (in my case Diaper Pail Friends Teen Forum, Gordo, and early Diapergal).

• 2 weeks later...