LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

At what age were you fully potty trained?

At what age were you fully potty trained?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. At what age were you fully potty trained?

• 1 year old
    • 2 years old
    • 3 years old
    • 4 years old
    • 5 years old
    • Other
    • Never
    • Not sure

Day and night for wetting, between 3 and 4. I suffered from encopresis till I was 11 but diapers were only used for pooping accidents till I was 6 or 7 and at the time I resented diapers because they were humiliating, which is what my parents were going for.

On 4/15/2017 at 6:48 AM, BabyWendyMarie said:

Dear AB (giggles),

Such a wonderfully told recounting of your family history of diapering. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I'm a detail-oriented person and so I very much appreciate the level of detail you go into here. It really helps me form a fairly clear picture of your upbringing and your family's "diapering dynamic," which I think is quite adorable. Forgive me if I'm trodding on "intimate" ground here, but I'm wondering what it was like to be diapered as you were older, say on trips, etc., esp. by an adult. Was it a tender diapering session? Were you spoken to in even semi-intimate (child-like) terms? Or was it more or less "matter of fact," not necessarily cold but not tender, either? Was being diapered by someone you trusted an event you looked forward to?

In my imagination I can see both parties enjoying the experience, with perhaps some innocent fun, such as tickling, mild teasing, perhaps, or even infantile play, such as "Mommy's going to touch your nose!" kind of thing going on. I guess that's the gist of my question, was being diapered something you looked forward to? My interest in knowing about this comes from my interest in simply knowing, perhaps because of my lack of any memory of being diapered, and I'm interested in knowing as much as I can about how someone who wasn't necessarily considered to be "AB" experienced having another person put them in diapers, esp. as it relates to cloth diapers with the act of pinning, etc. Also, feel free to respond off-thread if you're not sure this content fits in with the current discussion. :D

I'm sorry that when this was posted I did not see your questions.

Having grown up wearing "just-in-case" diapers from before my memory starts I assumed everyone on trips and at special events was also diapered.

As I have shared for years, my first clear memory was of my mother changing my diaper on the meadow at Renaissance Faire during Memorial Day weekend 1968 shortly before I turned 4. While I was on a changing pad on my back the actress playing the Queen looked down at me and remarked "That child will avoid the privies". Later that day Mom changed the diaper of my older sister Penny who was 9. She was changed in front of our tent in the Faire Participants camping area away from the paying publiic. In that area I saw all the younger "Faire Brats" being diapered and older kids either being diapered or changing themselves.

Just before I turned 8 our family was on a long car trip. We stopped for lunch at the marvelous Harris Ranch restaurant on I-5 near Fresno, CA. Mom and all my sisters were in the ladies' room, which had 2 changing tables. Penny was changing our youngest sister Missy who was 3 and large for her age. Meanwhile Mom was changing Ruth who was 5 and toilet trained but with a tiny over-active bladder. I was standing there with a wet diaper waiting to be changed. I was shorter than average for my age. A girl who was my height but who looked younger came in by herself and entered a stall. I was on the changing table so Mom could remove my pinned gauze diaper as the girl came out of the stall to wash her hands. I was shocked that apparently she was not diapered. The girl smirked at me. After she left I asked Mom why the girl was not diapered. Mom answered some kids were not provided diapers. I felt sorry for that girl.

Neither Mom nor Penny ever used baby talk when diapering me, but did so with Missy because she still was a baby and she liked being spoken to that way. I would describe those diapering sessions for me as being tender yet business-like, which I liked. In our family diapers were simply another form of panties.

I never resisted being diapered, but I doubt I looked forward to it, except when I had been wet long enough my diaper was uncomfortable. Even then I believed that Mom made a game with Missy because she was an actual baby and enjoyed it. Later Missy preferred being treated like a big girl. Missy never gained night control. Eventually I was taught to change Missy for bed. We loved each other, so during changes I treated her as a big girl.

That was a time when Pampers were used on trips by many families while washable diapers were used at home. My family was anti disposable. I was used to pinned gauze diapers. Until I reached puberty and was taught to change my own diapers I assumed every kid had her diapers changed by someone else. I knew Penny started changing herself at puberty when she reverted to bedwetting. I hoped I would not revert to bedwetting, but was not worried if I did.

Honestly I think Mom was right to use just-in-case diapers so that when we eventually did lose bladder control we were not embarrassed.

• Like 1
On 9/22/2017 at 4:27 PM, Babyqtboy said:

Day and night for wetting, between 3 and 4. I suffered from encopresis till I was 11 but diapers were only used for pooping accidents till I was 6 or 7 and at the time I resented diapers because they were humiliating, which is what my parents were going for.

Did they threaten to use diapers as a form of punishment? My parents only did this for daytime wetting accidents. My dad was opposed to diaper use past the age of 7 or 8 because he believed it encouraged bedwetting. I often longed to wear a diaper at night though.

1 hour ago, rubbersheetmike said:

Did they threaten to use diapers as a form of punishment? My parents only did this for daytime wetting accidents. My dad was opposed to diaper use past the age of 7 or 8 because he believed it encouraged bedwetting. I often longed to wear a diaper at night though.

I don't think it was meant as punishment outright, just a solution to their frustration. I could be wrong though, there was a lot of physical and emotional abuse in my childhood.

I pooped my pants until I was about four but gave it up (reluctantly) when my parents promised to buy me a set of toy gears. Now they have no control over it and I'm back in diapers and pooping as I please.

23 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I pooped my pants until I was about four but gave it up (reluctantly) when my parents promised to buy me a set of toy gears. Now they have no control over it and I'm back in diapers and pooping as I please.

Maybe if they offered to buy you a larger set of toy gears.......

• Confused 1

I did not really go to kindergarten due to still being in diapers. So I would say  I got out of daytime diapers between 5 1/2 and 6.  I got out of training pants by nine. I did not start having dry nights until I was past 12 years old.  I was still in night time diapers till...........  Well I will let  you know when that happens.

• 2 years later...

I was potty trained sometime mid way through being three, and as far as I know, I didn't have many daytime accidents after that. However, I was a chronic and accomplished betwetter until I was 10, which necessitated protection, and in the 1980's, that meant diapers - there were no pull-ups back then. I also wore "just-in-case" diapers (to borrow @Angela Bauer's term) on long trips, in case I fell asleep in the car or on the plane, or if we were planning on arriving home, or at our destination, at or past my bedtime. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've had readily reliable control since I was potty trained at about age three.  In all that time I only remember one wet bed and one pair of wet pants, both when I was about seven.  I developed IBS about two years ago and began losing bowel control at about 25-26 years old (I'm 27 1/2 now).  I have periods where I can go months without an accident, and periods where it will flare up again and I can have multiple inside of a week.  I'm in the middle of a flare up right now.

My Mum said that I was out of nappies by 3 years of age, I did have a few bed wetting accidents from then and quite regularly at 10 or so, and threatened I’ll be put back into a nappy & plastic pants if I did it again, I wanted to see what a nappy felt like, so secretly found an old terry nappy, “liked” it, long story short, 45 years later I’m diapered nightly and wear adult pull-ups in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never really been 100% dry at night as even through my adult years after I stopped wetting regularly I had episode so bedwetting some lasting an odd night and some lasting for weeks on end. Then after a long dry spell I started wetting more and more often. Seldom dry at night now. Daytime wetting carried on until I was almost 11 although My mother took my nappies away during the day at 5 and at night when I was about 8 or 9 but I was back in nappies at night by the time I wa s15 as my nightly bedwetting showed no signs of stopping. I slept in nappies until my early 20's.

I related this story back in May, but I think it is relevant here...

The family was all together this past holiday weekend (Memorial Day U.S.) And as usual when we are all together stories of my siblings and I growing up are told. Well the conversation turned to potty training and my mom said I was the easiest and quickest potty trained. She went on to say I was in underpants at 14 months. The next closest of the other siblings was 19 months. While mom was talking about me, my wife started giggling and rubbed my leg with her foot under the table. The moment we were in the car on the way home my wife turned to and said, "14 months, if she only knew".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would wet the bed about maybe 7 times a year up until I turned 11. By all intents and purposes I was fully capable of holding it since I was 5, but I would have accidents here and there. Most of them were bed wettings, but on the rare occasions, I would have public accidents when I couldn't hold it anymore because I was either afraid or too nervous.

Daytime at 3 1/2 and nighttime very shortly thereafter. I get the impression my parents really didn't try too hard up until that point. They'd had a few kids by that point and I figure experience had taught them that it was just as easy to wait.

• 5 weeks later...

I want to say 2, but there was an interruption. I was in an accident about a month after my second birthday and had to wear a spica cast. Had to be potty trained again, though thinking about it, I had issues with poop accidents around 5, which I’m now wondering if maybe it was IBS-D. 

• 2 weeks later...